Mr. Larrabee wants the works. You'll have to wait a long time.
拉腊比先生可是要全套服务,你得等很长时间。
Mr. Larrabee? Clay's father? Roxanna's father? (Clark sits up.)
拉腊比先生?克莱的父亲?洛克莎娜的父亲?(克拉克坐起身来。)
Clark, I'd like you to meet our new teacher, Miss McCutcheon.
克拉克,让我向你介绍我们新来的老师,麦卡琴小姐。
How do you do?
你好!
How do you do, Mr. Larrabee. (She looks bewildered.)
拉腊比先生,你好!(她看起来糊涂了。)
Well, perhaps some other time then, Mr. Van Dusen.
好吧,范杜森先生,那我就以后再来。
(She goes out. Clark sits back. Judge Applegarth stops at the doorway of the shop.)
(她走出店门。克拉克又半躺下来。阿普尔加思评判员在店门口站住。)
Not one thing on the beach, Harry. Not a blessed thing worth picking up and taking home.
哈里,海滩上什么都没有,没有一样东西值得捡回家。
(Judge Applegarth goes on. The writer looks at Harry.)
(阿普尔加思评判员接着说。作家看了哈里一眼。)
See what I mean?
明白我对你说的那些话了吗?
Yeah. Well... so long. (He puts the oyster in his coat pocket.)
是的,哦……再见。(他把牡蛎放进外衣兜里。)
Drop in again any time you're driving to Hollywood.
无论你什么时候开车去好莱坞,都欢迎你进来坐坐。
Or away. (He goes out.)
或者开车离开的时候。(他走了出去。)
You know, Harry, that boy of mine, Clay... Well, a fellow like that, you can't just go off and leave him.
我说,哈里,我那个儿子,克莱……嗯,有那样的孩子你是不能出走,把他丢下的。
Of course you can't, Clark.
当然不能,克拉克。
I'm taking him fishing tomorrow morning. How about going along, Harry?
我明天上午带他去钓鱼。你跟我们一起去,怎么样,哈里?
Sure, Clark. Be like old times again.
一定去,克拉克,就跟我们以前一样。
(There is a pause.)
(停顿片刻。)
What's all this about an oyster and a pearl?
那牡蛎和珍珠是怎么回事?
Oh, just having a little fun with the new teacher. You know, she came in here and asked me to give her a poodle haircut?
哦,我是跟新来的老师逗着玩呢。她来叫我给她剪个鬈毛狗似的短发。
A poodle haircut! I don't remember what a poodle dog looks like, even.
别说鬈毛狗似的短发,就连鬈毛狗是什么模样我都不记得了。