I've looked at that oyster, and I'd like to buy it. How much do you want for it?
我看了那只牡蛎,我想买下来。你想卖多少钱?
I don't know.
我不知道。
How about three hundred?
300怎么样?
Three hundred dollars?
300美元?
Is it all right, Mr. Van Dusen?
行吗,范杜森先生?
(He looks at the writer, who nods.) Sure it's all right.
(他看了看作家,作家点点头。)当然没问题。
(The writer hands Clay the money.)
(作家把钱交给克莱。)
But suppose there isn't a pearl in it?
要是里面没有珍珠呢?
There is, though.
里面有。
Don't you want to open it first?
难道你不想先打开看看吗?
No, I want the whole thing. I don't think the pearl's stopped growing.
不想,我要的是全部,不仅仅是里面的珍珠。那颗珍珠还在长呢。
He says there is a pearl in the oyster, Mr. Van Dusen.
他说这只牡蛎里有珍珠,范杜森先生。
I think there is, too, Clay; so why don't you just go on home and give the money to your mother?
我也认为里面有,克莱。快回家把钱交给你妈妈吧。
Well,... I knew I was going to find something good today!
哈……我就知道今天能找到好东西的!
(The children go out. Wozzeck is bewildered.)
(孩子们走了,沃采克困惑不解。)
Three hundred dollars! How do you know there's a pearl in it?
300美元!你怎么知道里面有珍珠呢?
As far as I'm concerned, the whole thing's a pearl.
对我来说,这整件事情就是颗珍珠。
Well, I got to get back to the shop, Harry.
得了,我得回店里去了,哈里。
Thanks for coming by.
谢谢你来一趟。
(Wozzeck goes out. The writer holds the oyster in front of him, and looks at it carefully, turning it in his fingers.
(沃采克走了。作家把牡蛎拿到自己面前仔细端详一番,在手心里转动着它。
As he is doing so, Clark Larrabee comes into the shop.)
这时克拉克·拉腊比进入理发店。)