The invisible bench
看不见的长椅
Characters: Five students
人物:五名学生
Setting: A park
场景:一个公园
Really, what this courtyard needs is a bench. Maybe here? ('sits' as if there is a bench)
说真的,这个庭院里就需要一把长椅。要不放这儿?(坐下,仿佛这有把长椅)
No. (gets up, walks to the other side of the stage. Tony enters, but Mike does not notice)
不行。(起身,走向舞台的另一边。托尼走过来,但迈克没有注意到)
Maybe here? ('sits' again) Yes, I think maybe here.
要不放这儿?(再次坐下)嗯,我觉得也许应该放这儿。
What are you doing?
你在做什么?
I'm sitting on an invisible bench, of course.
我当然是坐在一把看不见的长椅上。
Can I join you? Of course. (moves over as if to make room for Tony)
我能加入吗?当然。(挪动位置,好象在为托尼留空间)
Ah, it's rather nice here, isn't it?
啊,这是相当漂亮,是吧?
Indeed.
确实。
Both 'sit' for a while, reading their textbooks.
两个人都坐了一会儿,然后看书。
Cathy enters.
卡西进来了。
What is going on here?
这里是怎么了?
We're sitting on an invisible bench.
我们坐在一把看不见的长椅上。
You should join us. It's nice and cosy.
你应该加入我们。这里美丽又舒适。
Okay. Thanks for the invitation. (Mike and Tony move over. Cathy 'sits' down alongside them)
好啊。谢谢邀请。(迈克和托尼挪动位置。卡西坐在他们旁边)
Wow, it's quite comfortable!
喔,非常舒服!
Paula enters.
波拉进来了。
Sitting on an invisible bench, are you?
你们坐在一把看不见的长椅上,是吗?
Yes, how did you know?
对。你怎么知道?
I was doing the same thing myself, just yesterday. Mind if I sit down?
就在昨天我自己还做了同样的事情。我坐这儿你们不介意吧?
Mike looks annoyed.
迈克看起来有点生气。
Not at all. Please do!
不介意。请坐吧!
All make room. Mike stands up and wanders over to the middle of the stage and 'sits' down.
所有人都挪出空间。迈克站起来,慢慢走到舞台中央,“坐”下来。
Ann enters, looks at Mike.
安进来了,看着迈克。
You look like you are sitting on an invisible bench.
你看起来像是坐在一把看不见的长椅上。
Yes, I am.
是的,我是。
What are they doing over there?
他们在那边做什么?
We're sitting on an invisible bench too!
我们也坐在一把看不见的长椅上!
No, you're not.
不,你们不是。
We're not?
我们不是?
No. I must have forgotten to tell you. (smiles) It got too crowded, so I moved the bench.
不是。我一定是忘了告诉你们。(笑)那里太拥挤了,所以我移了长椅。
Entire group (Tony, Paula and Cathy) fall down.
一群人(托尼,波拉和卡西)摔倒在地。
The End
结束