An Embarrassing Experience
一次尴尬的经验
Kathy and Evan are now outside the store.
凯西和艾凡现在在那家商店外面。
K:I don't think I've ever been so embarrassed in my life!
凯西:我想我这一生中从来没有这么尴尬过!
E:It wasn't easy for me, either. I told you you've been spending money like water.
艾凡:我也不好受。我告诉过你你花钱简直就像流水一样。
K:Thanks for lending me the cash, Evan. I really wanted these two sweaters.
凯西:艾凡,谢谢你借我现金。我真的很想要这两件毛衣。
E:No problem. But, still, you've got to control your spending.
艾凡:不客气。但是,你花钱还是得有所节制。
K:I still want to pick up a few gifts and souvenirs. I need to cash traveler's checks. I'm glad I took some extra money just in case.
凯西:我仍想挑几件礼物和纪念品。我需要兑现旅行支票。我很高兴我多带一些钱以防万一。
E:We have just a few more days here in Stockholm, so I guess you might as well buy what you need now. I hate last minute shopping.
艾凡:我们在斯德哥尔摩只剩下几天了,所以我想你现在干脆把你所需要的东西买齐。我不喜欢最后一刻急急忙忙的采购。
K:Me too. Hey! Isn't that a Citibank up there?
凯西:我也是。嘿!那里不是有一家花旗银行吗?
E:Yes, I think it is. Since you're carrying Citibank traveler's checks, it should be easy to cash them there.
艾凡:是的,我想是吧。既然你身上带着花旗银行的旅行支票,在那里兑现应该很容易。
K:OK. Let's go. I have my passport with me, in a safe place!
凯西:好的。咱们走吧。我的护照带在身上,放在一个安全的地方!
E:It looks like you really have learned a lesson, after all!
艾凡:看起来你真的得到了教训!