2.实用对话
Expressing Anger表示生气
Kate: What's up? You sound a little down in dumps.
迈克:我昨晚和室友吵架了。我让他给气死了。
Mike: I quarreled with my roommate last night. He really made my blood boil.
凯特:怎么了?你看起来好像情绪不太好啊。
Kate: Calm down.
凯特:冷静点。
Mike: He's totally unreasonable.
迈克:他简直太不可理喻了。
Kate: What happened?
凯特:发生什么事了?
Mike: I got to the dorm last night, dead tired. So I took a shower and went to bed. but I couldn't fall asleep because Brian was watching a movie with the volume up loud. I asked him to tum it down a bit, but he snapped at me.
迈克:我昨晚上回到宿舍,都快累死了。就冲了个澡然后上床睡觉了。可是布赖恩却在看电影,音量还调得很大,吵得我睡不着觉。我让他把声音关小点,他却骂了我。
Kate: That sounds kind of unreasonable. Then what happened?
凯特:真是有点不讲道理。然后呢?
Mike: Yeah. Then he yelled at me some more.
迈克:是啊。然后他对我吼得更厉害了。
Kate: So what did you do?
凯特:那你是怎么回应的呢?
Mike: I've run out of patience and shouted back of course.
迈克:我忍无可忍了,当然也冲他大喊了。
Kate: Slow down. Screaming at him won't accomplish anything.
凯特:冷静点。冲他大吵大叫是解决不了任何问题的。
Mike: What would you do if you were in my shoes?
迈克:如果你换作我的话会怎么办呢?
Kate: Try to talk to him.
凯特:找机会和他谈谈。
Mike: No way. It's not my fault.
迈克:没门儿。这又不是我的错。
Kate: I know. But it will help things if you apologize. Then talk about what happened.
凯特:我知道。但是如果你道歉的话,会对此事的化解有所帮助。然后你们再谈到底是怎么回事。
Mike: Right now, I'm way too angry to even talk to him, let alone say I'm sorry.
迈克:现在,我正在气头上,都不想和他说话,更不用说向他道歉了。