2.实用对话
On Love关于爱情
Father: It seems like you are in love with Jim.
父亲:看起来你好像爱上吉姆了。
Lily: That's not true. We've only just been dating, nothing more.
莉莉:不是的。我们只是约会而已,没别的。
Father: But I heard he's head over heels in love with you.
父亲:但我听说他可是全身心地爱上你了。
Lily: Maybe he is, but that's just him. I can't fall in love with someone in such a short time.
莉莉:也许吧,但那只是他的事,我可不会在这么短的时间里就爱上一个人!
Father: You don't believe in love at first sight?
父亲:你不相信一见钟情吗?
Lily: Is that what happened with you and mom?
莉莉:你和妈妈是那样的吗?
Father: Absolutely. The first time I saw her, I knew she'd be my wife.
父亲:没错。我第一眼见到她,就知道她会成为的妻子。
Lily: You are such a romantic.
莉莉:你可真是个浪漫的人,
Father: It's useless to be reasonable in love.
父亲:在爱情面前讲理智是没有用的。
Lily: So mom was the girl of your dreams?
莉莉:那妈妈就是你的梦中情人啦?
Father: She still is.
父亲:她现在也是。
Lily: How does mom feel about you?
莉莉:那妈妈对你的感觉如何呢?
Father: You'll have to ask her that question.
父亲:这个问题你得去问她了。