Hello and welcome again to English at Work, where things are a little tense.
你们好,欢迎回到职场英语,这里的情况有点紧张。
Anna is finding it hard to work with new employee, Rachel.
安娜发现很难和新同事瑞秋一起工作。
She's told Paul, the boss, about Rachel's incompetence but he's done nothing about it.
她告诉老板保罗瑞秋有多么不称职,但他却什么也没做。
So Anna, how are you feeling today?
安娜,你今天感觉怎么样?
Frustrated.
烦恼。
All that work I put in, getting the contract for Imperial Lemons and Rachel has sent out a load of second-hand plastic oranges!
我付出的所有努力换得皇家柠檬的合同,瑞秋却送出了一堆二手塑料橙子!
I guess you're going to have to call your client and sort out the mess.
我想你应该给你的客户打电话,解决这个烂摊子。
I guess so.
我想是的。
Oh hi Tom.
嗨,汤姆。
Is she about?
她在吗?
The man-eater?
少男杀手?
No it's all clear, she's gone out for a cappuccino.
不,现在很安全,她出去买卡布奇诺了。
Good good.Look I managed to call the guy she bought the second-hand oranges from, and I cancelled the order.
很好。我给她买二手橙子的供货人打电话了,我取消了订单。
Phew, great!
太好了!
Yeah, yeah… and last night I managed to order some Imperial Lemons and sent them to that company in France – Fruit Traders International.
是的,昨晚我定了一些皇家柠檬,并发给了法国公司Fruit Traders International。
Here's the paperwork.
这是文件。
Tom, that's brilliant!
汤姆,太棒了!
Here, let me give you a big hug – you saved the day!
让我给你一个大大的拥抱,你扭转了危机。
Ooh, that's a bit tight.
有点紧了。