Bryce:It didn't take me long to realize that
不久我意识到
I'd traded in my old problems with Juli Baker for a whole set of new ones.
我和朱莉·贝克的老问题换成了新问题
It was actually worse having her mad at me than having her annoy me.
她生我的气比她烦扰我更糟糕
The way sheignored mewas a constant reminder...
她对我的不理不睬一直在提醒着我
...that I'd been a jerk.
我是个混蛋
Then one day I was coming home from playing basketball with Garrett...
一天 我和伽利特打完篮球回家
...andthings got weird.
事情变得很蹊跷
Grandpa:Don't be so timid. Come on, you won't hurt them.
别这么胆小 加把劲 你不会伤害它们的
Like this? Yeah, that's it.
像这样? 对 就是这样
Bryce:My grandfather.
我外公
All I ever saw him wear was slippers.
我从来看他都是穿拖鞋的
Now, where did he get those work boots?
今天不知他从哪弄了双工靴穿上了
I couldn't stop looking over there.
我忍不住往那边看
And the more I looked, the madder I got.
结果越看越来气
My grandfather had already said more to Juli in one hour...
我外公一小时和朱莉说的话
...than he'd said to me in the whole time he'd been living with us.
比和我们住在一起对我说过的全部话都多
I was pretty sure I'd never seen him laugh.
我还从没见他开怀大笑过
And what was his deal with Juli Baker?
他和朱莉·贝克究竟怎么回事呢