people all around them stared and a guard nearby yelled, “What in blazes d'you think you're doing?”
许多人围着他们看,旁边一个警卫喊道:“你们到底在搞什么名堂?”
“Lost control of the trolley,” Harry gasped, clutching his ribs as he got up.
“车子脱手了。”哈利喘着气说,捂着肋骨爬起来。
Ron ran to pick up Hedwig, who was causing such a scene that there was a lot of muttering about cruelty to animals from the surrounding crowd.
罗恩跑过去捡起海德薇,它还在那里大吵大叫,使得许多围观的人说他们虐待动物。
“Why can't we get through?” Harry hissed to Ron.
“我们为什么过不去?”哈利小声问罗恩。
“I dunno —”
“我不知道—”
Ron looked wildly around. A dozen curious people were still watching them.
罗恩焦急地看看四周,还有十几个人好奇地注视着他们。
“We're going to miss the train,” Ron whispered.
“我们要误车了,”罗恩小声说,
“I don't understand why the gateway's sealed itself —”
“我不懂通道为什么自己封上了……”
Harry looked up at the giant clock with a sickening feeling in the pit of his stomach. Ten seconds . . . nine seconds . . .
哈利抬头看看大钟,他有些眩晕,觉得仿佛要吐。十秒……九秒……
He wheeled his trolley forward cautiously until it was right against the barrier and pushed with all his might. The metal remained solid.
他小心地把车子抵到墙边,使出全身力气一推,隔墙还是纹丝不动。
“It's gone,” said Ron, sounding stunned.
完了,”罗恩呆呆地说,
“The train's left. What if Mum and Dad can't get back through to us? Have you got any Muggle money?”
“火车开了。如果爸爸妈妈不能过来接我们怎么办?你身上带着麻瓜的钱吗?”
Harry gave a hollow laugh.
哈利干笑了一声,
“The Dursleys haven't given me pocket money for about six years.”
“德思礼一家六年没给我零花钱了。”
Ron pressed his ear to the cold barrier.
罗恩把耳朵贴到冰冷的隔墙上。
“Can't hear a thing,” he said tensely.
“什么声音也没有,”他紧张地说,
“What're we going to do? I don't know how long it'll take Mum and Dad to get back to us.”
“我们怎么办呢?不知道爸妈要多久才能回来找我们。”
They looked around. People were still watching them, mainly because of Hedwig's continuing screeches.
他们朝四周望望,还有一些人在看着他们,这主要是由于海德薇在不停地尖叫。
“I think we'd better go and wait by the car,” said Harry. “We're attracting too much atten —”
“我想咱们最好回汽车旁边等着,”哈利说,“这里太招人注……”