I'm... I'm sorry you had to see that. But in a way, I'm also glad it happened.
抱歉 让你看到那一幕 但或多或少 我又很庆幸被你看到
You have a right to know what you're getting into.
你有权知道 发生了什么事
Well, what am I getting into? I mean, who was that guy?
发生了什么事 那个人是谁
Patrick Munello. I dated his sister last summer. Her name's Sara.
帕特里克·蒙奈尔 去年夏天 我跟他妹妹交往过 她叫莎拉
So you break the sister's heart, and then big brother breaks your car?
就是说 你伤了妹妹的心 然后哥哥就来砸你的车吗
Actually, I broke her spine.
事实是 我伤了她的脊椎
Oh, my god.
天啊
She wasn't paralyzed, thank god, but, you know, it's still a struggle for her.
幸亏她没瘫痪 但是这也相当煎熬
How did that happen?
怎么会发生这种事
My mom, as you know, has a lot of expectations.
你也知道 我妈心中有很多的期盼
Her son dating a cocktail waitress from Portsmouth not one of them.
她儿子和一个来自朴茨茅斯的酒吧招待约会并非她所期盼的
So towards the end of the summer, my mom made her feelings public at one of her parties.
所以夏天快结束时 我妈在一个派对上 公开说明了她的想法
And I took off with Sara, drunk. Wrapped my car around a utility pole, and... they had to cut us both out.
然后我和莎拉俩人醉醺醺地离开了 我开车撞上了电线杆 他们把车锯开才救出了我们
So where is she now?
她现在在哪呢
Still in rehab last I heard. I haven't spoken to her since that night.
据说她还在康复当中 那晚之后 我就没和她说过话了
My parents covered Sara's medical bills and set her up so she wouldn't have to worry,
我父母承担了莎拉的医疗费 给她安排好了一切 让她无后顾之忧
paid a judge off to keep me out of jail, and in return, I had to swear I'd never see her again.
贿赂了法官 帮我免除了牢狱之灾 相应的 我要发誓不再见她
It sounds like you regret that now.
听起来你现在很后悔
Every day. Do you think I'm a bad person?
每天都在后悔 你觉得我是坏人吗
I think...people who make mistakes should own up to them.
我觉得 犯错了要勇于承担
You should go talk to her. Tell her what you're telling me now.
你该去和她谈谈 把跟我说的这些告诉她