The others were gracious and curious.
其他人对杰克的态度很好。
about the man who had saved my life.
想认识这位救了我一命的人。
but my mother looked at him like an insect...
我妈却当他是个虫子。
a dangerous insect which must be squashed quickly.
一个得立刻除掉的害虫。
Well, Jack, sounds like you're a good man to have around in a sticky spot.
看来你是个见义勇为的人。
Why do they always insist on announcing dinner like a damn cavalry charge?
为什么他们每次叫人吃晚饭,都得像骑兵要冲锋一样?
Shall we go to dress, Mother?
妈,我们去换衣服吧。
See you at dinner, Jack.
一会儿见了,杰克。
Uh, son? Son!
孩子?孩子!
Do you have the slightest comprehension what you're doing?
你知道等会儿要干嘛吗?
Not really.
不是很清楚。
Well, you're about to go into the snake pit.
你这是羊入虎口。
What are you planning to wear?
你要穿什么?
I figured. Come on.
我就知道,来吧。
I was right.
果然没错。
You and my son are just about the same size.
你跟我儿子身材差不多。
Pretty close.
相当接近。
You shine up like a new penny.
看你人模人样的。