Would you really want to do that?
你真想变成那样吗?
Live 14,000 years?
活14000年?
Well, if I could stay healthy and I didn’t age.
当然,前提是我活得健康而且不变老。
I mean, why not?
为什么不呢?
Yeah. What a chance to learn.
是啊,多好的学习机会啊。
Is anyone hungry?
有人肚子饿了吗?
You know, the more I think about it, yeah, it’s possible.
我越想,是的,我越觉得可能。
Anything is possible, right?
任何事都有可能,是吧?
After all, one century’s magic, another century’s science.
毕竟,前一个世纪属于神秘,后一个世纪属于科学。
They thought columbus was a nut job, right?
那时候人们认为哥伦布是神经病,不是吗?
Pasteur, copernicus?
巴斯德(法国 发明狂犬疫苗) 还有哥白尼?
Aristarchus long before that.
还有很久之前的阿利斯塔克斯。
Right.
对。
I had a chance to sail with columbus.
我有机会和哥伦布一起航行。
Only I’m not the adventurous type.
但是我不擅长冒险。
I was pretty sure the earth was round.
我当时很肯定地球就是圆的。
But at that point, I still thought.
但在这件事上,我仍然觉得。
He might fall off an edge someplace.
他有可能从某个边缘摔下去。
John Look around, john.
看看大家。
We just did.
我们刚刚都上当了。
I suppose there’s a joke in there somewhere.
我觉得刚才那段话肯定有个笑点。
But I don’t get it.
但我没抓住。