啃嚼语段:
"One would think you were a queen as well as being one of the real d’Urbervilles!
“人们会认为你是个王后,就像认为你是一个真正的德伯家族的人一样!
Well,Tess dear, I suppose I'm a bad sort of man.
哦,亲爱的苔丝,我想我大概是个坏人。
I've always been one, and I always will be one.
我一直是个坏人,将来也一直会是。
But I promise I won't be bad to you again.
但是我保证再也不对你做什么坏事了。
And if anything should happen—you understand—if you are in any trouble or need anything, just drop me a line and I'll send by return whatever you want."
如果有任何事情发生——你明白——如果你遇到任何麻烦或需要任何东西,来封短信就行了,我会送来你想要的任何东西。”
She stepped down from the carriage and was going to leave him,when he stopped her and said,"
她从车上迈下来,正准备离他而去,他拦住了她,说道:
You're not going to turn away from me like that,dear?Come,let me kiss you!"
“亲爱的,你不会就这样离开我了,是吗?来,让我吻你一下!”
语段精讲:
第一、短语学习
1. be bad to sb
讲解:bad在这个短语中的意思是“不道德的;邪恶的”的意思。表示对某人怀有邪念,怀有不好的目的伤害某人,可以用be bad to somebody。
2. in trouble
讲解:trouble作为“困境”这个意思解释时,是不可数名词,in trouble的意思是“倒霉,陷入困境”。
范例:If you get in trouble, don't hesitate to ask for advice.
如果碰到麻烦, 要赶紧向人求教。
I didn't think to land myself in trouble.
我没想到会使自己陷入困境。
3. drop me a line:写信
范例:Please drop me a line whenever you have time.
无论什么时候你有时间,请惠我短信。
Drop me a line to say when you're coming.
给我写封短信告诉我你来的时间。
4. by return:立即(答复)
范例:We are looking forward to your favourable reply by return.
我们盼望着你方速来的好消息。
This is the third time I have written to you about my complaint and I would appreciate a reply by return.
这是我第3次写信给你提出我的投诉,我希望你能马上答复。
5. turn away from:转过脸去不看......
范例:How can you turn away from a child that is being cruelly treated?
你怎么能看着孩子惨遭折磨而无动于衰?
How can you turn away from a soldier who was wounded?
你怎么能对一个受伤的战士不闻不问呢?
第二、语法点拨
1. One would think you were a queen as well as being one of the real d’Urbervilles!
要点解析:这句话主句和从句都使用了虚拟语气,主句是would,从句是were。
要点解析:as well as在这里做连词用,后面接的是动名词短语。
2. And if anything should happen—you understand—if you are in any trouble or need anything, just drop me a line and I'll send by return whatever you want.
要点解析:第一处划线部分使用了虚拟语气,表示对未来的事情的猜测。