重点讲解:
1. no sooner...than...
刚…就;常放在句首,表示强调,这时主句要倒装;
eg. No sooner had he arrived in Rome than he was kidnapped.
他刚到罗马就遭到了绑架。
eg. No sooner had we left the village than it began to rain.
我们刚离开村子,天就下起雨来了。
2. burst out
突然…起来;突然说出;大声喊出;突然出现;突然发生;
eg. The class burst out laughing.
全班突然大笑起来。
eg. 'I want to be just like you', she bursts out.
“我想就像你一样。”她大声喊道。
eg. Then war burst out.
战争突然爆发。
3. as soon as
一…就…;
eg. As soon as relations improve they will be allowed to go...
一旦关系有所改善,他们就可以获准离开。
eg. You'll never guess what happened as soon as I left my room.
你怎么也猜不出我一离开房间就发生了什么事。
4. calm down
(使)平静下来;(使)镇定下来;(使)平定;平息;
eg. Calm down for a minute and listen to me.
你安静一会儿,听我说。
eg. We will go back to normal when things calm down.
事态平息之后,我们将一切如常。
adj. 尴尬的,局促不安的,拮据的