本段对话选自Ugly Betty,《丑女贝蒂》
Betty:Hey, Lamanda...I just forgot one thing. I need to scoot back to my desk.
贝蒂:嘿,拉曼达…我刚才忘了一样东西,我得马上去我桌子上拿。
Lamanda:Sorry.
拉曼达:不好意思。
Betty:Aah, excuse me?
贝蒂:啊,什么?
Lamanda:You are no longer permitted in these offices.
拉曼达:你现在起不能进办公室了。
Now I have received word you are no longer an employee.
我已经收到消息,你不再是这里的雇员了。
Betty:You received word from me. I told you that.
贝蒂:你是从我这得到消息的,是我和你说的。
If I hadn't, you wouldn't know.
如果我不说,你是不会知道的。
Lamanda:Suarez, I have a gun, and I will not hesitate to use it.
拉曼达:苏亚雷斯,我可是有枪的,而且我也会毫不犹豫地使用它。
Betty:They give you a gun?
贝蒂:他们发了一把枪给你?
Lamanda:No, girl, they didn't give me a gun,
拉曼达:没有,小姐,他们没有发给我,
but I swear to you, I will jump out this circle desk and tackle you.
不过我向你保证,我会从这圆桌里跳出来抓住你的。
Betty:It'll just be a second.
贝蒂:我就一秒钟的事儿。
Lamanda:Okay, here I come, because see, you...
拉曼达:好吧,我来真的了,因为你看,你…
Betty:Okay, okay, okay. I,m going.
贝蒂:好吧,好吧,好吧。我这就出去。
Lamanda:Get on out of here. That's right, and trust me,
拉曼达:快离开。没错,相信我,
you don't want to mix up with the weekend security, Suarez.
你可不想和周末保安过不去的,苏亚雷斯。
Respect yourself and get out of here.
自重一点然后滚出去。
I see you, Suarez!
我看到你了,苏亚雷斯!