Harry tried to understand this but it made his head pound, so he stopped.
哈利努力思索着这段话,但这使他的头又剧烈地疼痛起来,他只好不往下想了。
"And sir, there's one more thing..."
“对了,先生,还有最后一个问题……”
"Just the one?"
“是最后一个吗?”
"How did I get the Stone out of the mirror?"
“我是怎么把魔法石从魔镜里拿出来的?”
"Ah, now, I'm glad you asked me that.
“啊,我很高兴你终于问我这件事了。
It was one of my more brilliant ideas,
这是我的锦囊妙计之一,
and between you and me, that's saying something.
牵涉到你和我之间的默契,这是很了不起的。
You see, only one who wanted to find the Stone —
你知道吗,只有那个希望找到魔法石——
find it, but not use it — would be able to get it,
找到它,但不利用它——的人,才能够得到它;
otherwise they'd just see themselves making gold or drinking Elixir of Life.
其他的人呢,就只能在镜子里看到他们在捞金子发财,或者喝长生不老药延长生命。
My brain surprises even me sometimes....
我的脑瓜真是好使,有时候我自己也感到吃惊呢……
Now, enough questions.
好了,问题问得够多的了。
I suggest you make a start on these sweets.
我建议你开始享受这些糖果吧。
Ah! Bettie Bott's Every Flavor Beans!
啊!比比多味豆!
I was unfortunate enough in my youth to come across a vomitflavored one,
我年轻的时候真倒霉,不小心吃到一颗味道臭烘烘的豆子,
and since then I'm afraid I've rather lost my liking for them —
恐怕从那以后,我就不怎么喜欢吃豆子了——
but I think I'll be safe with a nice toffee, don't you?"
不过我想,选一颗太妃糖口味的总是万无一失的,你说呢?”
He smiled and popped the golden-brown bean into his mouth.
他笑着把那颗金棕色的豆子丢进嘴里。
Then he choked and said, "Alas! Ear wax!"
接着他呛得喘不过气来,说:“呸,倒霉!是耳屎!”