"So what happened to you two?" said Harry.
“后来你们俩的情况怎么样?”哈利说。
"Well, I got back all right," said Hermione. "
“噢,我很顺利地返回去了。”
I brought Ron round - that took a while —
赫敏说道,“我把罗恩唤醒——很是花了一些时间呢——
and we were dashing up to the owlery to contact Dumbledore when we met him in the entrance hall —
然后我们飞快地冲向猫头鹰的棚屋,想同邓布利多取得联系,不料却在门厅里碰上了他。
he already knew — he just said, 'Harry's gone after him, hasn't he?'
他已经知道了——他只说了一句:‘哈利去盯住他了,是吗?’
and hurtled off to the third floor."
然后就赶紧朝四楼奔去。”
"D'you think he meant you to do it?" said Ron. "
“你说,邓布利多是不是有意要你这么做的?”罗恩说,“
Sending you your father's cloak and everything?"
把你父亲的隐形衣送给你,引导你去做那件事?”
"Well, " Hermione exploded, "if he did —
“哎呀,”赫敏忍不住说道,“如果他真是这样——
I mean to say that's terrible — you could have been killed."
我的意思是——那就太可怕了——你很可能被杀死的。”
"No, it isn't," said Harry thoughtfully. "
“不,不是这样,”哈利若有所思地说,“
He's a funny man, Dumbledore.
邓布利多是个很有意思的人。
I think he sort of wanted to give me a chance.
我认为他大概想给我一个机会。
I think he knows more or less everything that goes on here, you know.
他似乎对这里发生的事情多多少少都知道一些。
I reckon he had a pretty good idea we were going to try,
我觉得他十分清楚我们打算做什么,
and instead of stopping us, he just taught us enough to help.
他没有阻止我们,反而暗暗地教给我们许多有用的东西。
I don't think it was an accident he let me find out how the mirror worked.
我认为,他让我懂得魔镜的功能绝不是偶然的。
It's almost like he thought I had the right to face Voldemort if I could...."
他好像认为如果可能的话,我有权面对伏地魔……”
"Yeah, Dumbledore's off his rocker, all right," said Ron proudly. "
“是啊,这就是邓布利多不同凡响的地方。”
Listen, you've got to be up for the end-of-year feast tomorrow.
罗恩骄傲地说,“听着,你明天一定要来参加年终宴会。
The points are all in and Slytherin won,of course —
分数都算出来了,当然了,斯莱特林得了第一名——
you missed the last Quidditch match,
你错过了最后一场魁地奇比赛,
we were steamrollered by Ravenclaw without you — but the food'll be good."
没有你,我们被拉文克劳队打得落花流水——不过宴会上的东西还是挺好吃的。”
At that moment, Madam Pomfrey bustled over.
就在这时,庞弗雷夫人闯了进来。
"You've had nearly fifteen minutes, now OUT" she said firmly.
“你们已经待了将近十五分钟了,快给我出去。”她坚决地说。