After a good night's sleep, Harry felt nearly back to normal.
哈利踏踏实实地一觉睡到天亮,觉得元气差不多恢复了。
I want to go to the feast," he told Madam Pomfrey as she straightened his many candy boxes.
“我想去参加宴会,”当庞弗雷夫人整理他的一大堆糖果盒时,
I can, can't I?"
哈利对她说道,“可不可以啊?”
"Professor Dumbledore says you are to be allowed to go," she said stiffily,
“邓布利多教授说允许你去。”她不以为然地说。
as though in her opinion Professor Dumbledore didn't realize how risky feasts could be.
似乎在她看来,邓布利多教授并没有认识到宴会具有潜在的危险。
"And you have another visitor."
“又有人来看你了。”
"Oh, good," said Harry. "Who is it?"
“噢,太好了,”哈利说,“是谁?”
Hagrid sidled through the door as he spoke.
他话音未落,海格就侧着身子钻进门来。
As usual when he was indoors, Hagrid looked too big to be allowed.
海格每次走进房门,就显得像个庞然大物。
He sat down next to Harry, took one look at him, and burst into tears.
他在哈利身旁坐下,看了他一眼,就伤心地哭了起来。
"It's — all — my — ruddy — fault!" he sobbed, his face in his hands.
“都——怪我——这个——笨蛋!”他用手捂着脸哭泣着,“
I told the evil git how ter get past Fluffy!I told him!
是我告诉那个恶棍怎样制服路威的!是我告诉他的!
It was the only thing he didn't know, an' I told him! Yeh could've died!
他什么都知道了,就是不知道这个,而我偏偏告诉了他!你差点就没命了!
All fer a dragon egg! I'll never drink again!
都是为了一只龙蛋!我再也不喝酒了!
I should be chucked out an' made ter live as a Muggle!"
我应该被赶出去,一辈子做个麻瓜!”
"Hagrid!" said Harry,
“海格!”哈利说。
shocked to see Hagrid shaking with grief and remorse,great tears leaking down into his beard.
他十分震惊地看到海格因悲哀和悔恨而颤抖,大颗的眼泪渗进他的胡须。
"Hagrid, he'd have found out somehow,
“海格,他总有办法打听到的,
this is Voldemort we're talking about, he'd have found out even if you hadn't told him."
我们说的是伏地魔啊,即使你不告诉他,他也总有办法知道的。”