Amin: I can’t stand to be away from Fifi for two weeks. Can’t we bring her along?
阿敏:离开菲菲两周的时间,我真的受不了。我们不能带她一起去吗?
Eva: We’ve talked about this before. Our dog does not like to travel. We’ll board her.
伊娃:我们已经说好了。狗不喜欢旅行。我们会把她送到寄养中心吧。
Amin: What if we get a really big crate or carrier that Fifi will feel comfortable in?
阿敏:咱们把菲菲放在一个相对舒适些的板条箱或者货架里怎么样?
Eva: It won’t make a difference if she’s left out on a hot tarmac and has to spend hours in cargo hold.
伊娃:这样和把她放在机场的柏油跑道中,困在货仓里几个小时有什么区别。
Amin: It’ll be well ventilated and the crate will be large enough for her to turn around in.
阿敏:板条箱通风性良好,而且狗狗在里面活动的空间更大。
Eva: She’ll still bark and whimper and you know it. Do you want her to suffer?
伊娃:你知道狗狗会狂吠和呜咽。你愿意让她经历这些吗?
Amin: Of course not. What if she can travel in the cabin with us?
阿敏:当然不愿意。那带她一起进机舱怎么样?
Eva: She’s too big.
伊娃:她体型太大了。
Amin: We could change our travel plans, drive instead of fly.
阿敏:我们可以改一下旅行计划,不乘飞机改自驾吧。
Eva: We’re not changing our travel plans. She’ll be fine at the kennel.
伊娃:我们不能更改旅行计划。她在寄养中心会好好的。
Amin: She’ll have separation anxiety.
阿敏:她会因此感到焦虑的。
Eva: Are you talking about the dog or about you?
伊娃:你说的是狗还是你自己?
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载