欲降低难度还请关注《地道美语播客(慢速版)》
Rashida: Hi, I’m Rashida and I’m your physical therapist. I’m here to help you regain flexibility and mobility after your accident.
拉什达:嗨,我是拉什达,是你的理疗师。我过来帮你做灵活性和机动性的伤后恢复。
Phil: I’m really not sure I need a physical therapist. I can move around pretty well right now.
菲尔:我不确定究竟需不需要理疗师。我现在已经可以四处走动了。
Rashida: Aren’t you feeling stiffness in your arms and tightness in your shoulders?
拉什达:你感觉不到自己胳膊的僵硬和肩膀的不自然吗?
Phil: Not really.
菲尔:没有。

Rashida: Try lifting your arms over your head.
拉什达:试试把胳膊举过头顶。
Phil: See? I’m fine.
菲尔:看到没有?我很好。
Rashida: You can’t lift them above your shoulders. I can help you improve your range of motion. Now let’s check out your hips and legs.
拉什达:你的胳膊都举不过肩头。我可以让你活动的范围更大。现在咱们来看看你的臀部和双腿。
Phil: There’s nothing wrong with my hips and legs!
菲尔:我的臀部和双腿没有任何问题!
Rashida: Can you bend at the waist and touch your toes? Are you able to squat?
拉什达:你能弯腰够到脚趾头吗?你能蹲下吗?
Phil: I probably could if I stretched and limbered up.
菲尔:我舒展一下筋骨、活动一会应该就可以。
Rashida: I think you need more than stretching. I’ll work you through some exercises that will strengthen your muscles and loosen scar tissue. You’ll be able to move more freely. Don’t you want that?
拉什达:我觉得你不只需要舒展。我带你做一些运动,可以帮你强健肌肉、舒缓受伤组织。你可以更加自由地活动。难道你不想这样吗?
Phil: W…W…Will it hurt?
菲尔:这疼...疼吗?
Rashida: Only a little. Let’s get started.
拉什达:有一点 。咱们开始吧。
Phil: Ow, ow, ow!
菲尔:哦,哦,哦!
Rashida: We haven’t started yet.
拉什达:我们还没开始呢。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载