1、turn out
(以某种方式)发生;最后是;结果是
If I had known my life was going to turn out like this, I would have let them kill me.
如果我早知道自己的人生结局会是如此,我当时宁愿让他们杀了我。
Sometimes things don't turn out the way we think they're going to.
有时事情并不像我们认为的那样发展。
原来是;结果发现
Cosgrave's forecast turned out to be quite wrong.
科斯格雷夫的预测最后证明是大错特错。
It turned out that I knew the person who got shot.
结果发现我认识那个中枪的人。
(尤指把某人从其长期居住处)撵走,赶出,逐出
Surely nobody would suggest turning him out of the house.
当然不会有人建议把他从房子里赶出去。
They were turned out of the hotel.
他们被赶出了旅馆。
2、conscience
良心;良知
I have battled with my conscience over whether I should actually send this letter.
我备受良心的煎熬,不知是否真的应该把这封信寄出去。
What if he got a guilty conscience and brought it back?
要是他觉得内疚,把东西拿回来了怎么办?
信仰;凭良心行事
He refused for reasons of conscience to sign a new law legalising abortion.
他出于信仰,拒绝签署使堕胎合法化的新法。
the law on freedom of conscience and religious organizations.
有关信仰自由和宗教组织自由的法律