43.Getting Ready to Go
43.准备出发
"Jack!" Mom called forth into the living room.
"杰克!"妈妈朝起居室大声喊道。
"What did you call for, mom?" he yelled back.
"你要做什么,妈妈?"他大声回答说。
"It's time to leave!"
"该走了! "
"Did you call for directions?" Jack said as he raced through the door.
"你打电话问方向了吗?"杰克边从门口跑出来边问。
"Yes,calm down. I did. The camp director called back and told me how to get to the meeting place for the camping trip.
"打了,你放心吧,我打过了。野营指导回了电话,告诉我如何到集合 地点参加野营旅行。
But they want to call the roll at ten o'clock, so we,d better get going."
不过他们想在10点钟点名,所以我们最好赶快上路。"
"Okay, but can I watch one more show first on TV?"
"好的,可是我能再看一个电视节目吗?"
"No! But I am going to call in tomorrow and cancel that cable TV! It's all that you ever want to do!"
"不行!我准备明天去他们那儿叫他们把我们的有线电视取消了!你一天到晚就想着看电视!
"Aw,don't call cable TV in question just because I like it! How about we set some time limits and I only watch certain shows?"
"啊,不要因为我喜欢看电视就对有电视表示怀疑!你看我们限制一下时间,我只看某些节目怎么样?"
"Okay,okay. But 1 am going to call up the service to see if they can reduce the rates."
"好,好,不过我要打电话问问他们能不能降低收费。"
"Fine. So where is my stuff?" Jack asked.
"太好啦!我的东西在哪里?"杰克问。
"In your room. The camping trip should be good for you.
"在你屋里。这次野营旅行应该对你有好处。
I hope it calls the outdoors to your mind so that you go outside more when you come back!"
我希望它能使你想起那些野外活动,等你回来的时候你就更喜欢出去了!"
"Mom. Let's call it a day with trying to change me, okay?" Jack replied.
"妈妈,今天对我的改造就到这里,好吗?"杰克回答道。
Then he made a pretend compassionate face and said, "Call upon your patience and love for me to stop, pleeeeeaaasse!"
然后他扮了一 个同情的表情说广恳求你出于我的耐力和对我的爱的考虑别再说了,求…… 求……求你啦! "
"If you don't stop that I'm going to call off this trip and keep you in your room the whole weekend,"
"如果你继续胡闹,我就取消这次旅行,整个周末都把你关在屋里。"
Mom replied with a smile.
妈妈笑着回答说。
"Oh no! Not my room!" Jack replied in a funny, playful voice.
"噢,别!别在我屋里!"杰克用怪怪的、调皮的声音说。
"Okay. Let's go!"
"那好,咱们出发吧!"