Come on.
来吧
Well, here she is.
都在你眼前了
The Shawshank Prison Library.
肖申克监狱图书馆
National Geographics
国家地理杂志
Reader's Digest condensed books and Louis L'Amour.
读者文, 畅销西部小说
Look magazine.
展望杂志
Erle Stanley Gardners.
悬疑小说
Every evening I load up the cart and make my rounds.
每晚搬上车兜一圈
I enter the names on this clipboard here.
记下借书人名字
Easy, peasy, Japanese-y.
如此而已 简简单单
Any questions?
有问题吗?
How long have you been librarian?
你管图书馆多久了?
I come here in '05, and they made me librarian in 1912.
1905年入狱 1912年入馆
And have you ever had an assistant?
这么多年都没有助手?
No. Not much to it, really.
没有,根本用不着
Why me? Why now?
那为何派我来?
But it'd be nice to have some company down here. Dufresne
但有人陪我真好,杜弗伦
That's him. That's the one.
就是他 就一个
I'm Dekins.
我是狄金斯
I was thinking about setting up some kind of trust fund for my kids' educations.
我在想为孩子弄个教育基金
I see.
我懂了
Why don't we have a seat and talk it over.
咱们坐下谈吧
Do you have a piece of paper and a pencil?
老布,有纸笔吗?
Thanks.
谢谢
So
好的
Mister Dekins
狄金斯先生
And then Andy says, "Mr. Dekins
然后安迪说
do you want your sons to go to Harvard or Yale?"
你想让公子进哈佛或耶鲁?
As God as my witness!
真的 老天为证
He didn't say that!
你少瞎扯
Dekins blinked for a second
他愣了一下
then he laughed and actually shook Andy's hand.
傻笑出来 后来他真的跟安迪握手
My ass!
握你的鸟
Shook his hand.
真的握手
I tell you, I near soiled myself!
我乐的差点尿出来
All he needed was a suit and tie and a jiggly hula gal on his desk
若给安迪弄一套西装领带
he'd have been "Mr. Dufresne," if you please.
他就成了咨询先生
Making a few friends?
开始交新朋友了 安迪?
I wouldn't say "friends."
也不算朋友
I'm a convicted murderer who provides sound financial planning.
我是精通理财的囚徒
It's a wonderful pet to have.
这种本事很受用
Got you out of the laundry, though.
起码不用干洗衣工
It might do more than that.
还派得上更大用场
How about expanding the library. Get some new books.
比如扩建图书馆 买新书
If you ask for something, ask for a pool table.
还不如要个撞球桌
yes
对
How do you expect to do that? I mean
你想怎么弄?
get new books in here, "Mr. Dufresne, if you please."
阁下想怎样买新书?
I'll ask the warden for funds.
找典狱长要钱
Six wardens have been through here in my tenure, and I've learned
少年呀,我经历六个典狱长
one immutable, universal truth:
我学到互古不变的真理
Not one born whose asshole
给钱是不可能的
wouldn't pucker up tighter than a snare drum when you ask for funds.
他们没一个生来有屁眼
n. 基金;资金,现金(fund的复数) v. 提供资金