Leonard: So, what's going on with Raj?
拉杰,咋样了?
Howard: Well, the good news is,he has no problem with my mother's tur-briska-fil.
好消息是,他对吃火鸡大礼包没有意见。
Penny: Hard to believe, but go on.
难以置信,接着说。
Howard: The bad news is, he says he's getting deported.
坏消息是他说他要被驱逐出境了。
Leonard: What do you mean?He’s getting deported?
什么意思?他被驱逐出境?
Sheldon: I believe it means that the U.S. Government is going to expel him from the country. He could then either return to his native India, Emigrate to another country that's willing to accept him Or wander the high seas as a stateless pirate. Personally, I'd choose pirate.
我认为这意思就是美国政府,打算将他驱逐出这个国家。他可以回他的印度,或者移民去某些愿意接收他的国家。或者干脆做个驰骋于公海之上的海盗也行。就我个人而言,我对做海盗情有独钟。
Howard: Penny, would you mind stepping outside So we can speak to him?
佩妮,你能不能先出去下。让我们跟他好好谈谈?
Penny: Fine. But the man really needs to work on his girl issues.
好的。但是他真该好好解决下,不能和女性说话的毛病了。
Sheldon: Another reason to consider life of piracy. Even today, I understand that's an all-male profession.
我另一个考虑做海盗的原因就是,目前为止,这还是男人的天下。
Howard: Okay, she's gone.
好啦,她走啦。
Raj: Sorry. I lost my cool.
对不起,我失去了冷静。
Leonard: So, what's going on?
发生什么事了?
Raj: Okay, here's the deal. Six months ago, my research testing the predicted composition of trans-Neptunian objects ran into a dead end.
事情是这样,六个月前我关于海王星外天体测算的课题走进了死胡同
Howard: So?
然后呢?
Raj: So, my visa's only good as long as I'm employed in the university and when they find out that I've got squat, They're going to cut me off. By the way, when I say squat, I mean diddly-squat. I wish I had squat.
只有我在大学工作,我的签证才有效。如果他们发现我定居了。就会把我驱逐。顺便提一下,我说是非法定居。我倒真想定居下来。
Leonard: So, wait, what have you been doing for the past six months?
等等,那之后的六个月你都干嘛了?
Raj: You know, checking e-mail, updating my facebook status, messing up wikipedia entries.
收发邮件,更新Facebook的个人状态,搞乱维基百科条目。