So, uh, how long have you been into wine?
你迷上葡萄酒已经多久了?
I got serious about seven years ago.
我从七年前开始疯狂迷上
And what was the bottle that did it? - '88 Sassicaia.
是哪一瓶让你开始喜欢的? -88年的萨西开亚
Ah.! Well, congratulations. - Mmm.
恭喜你,
Yeah. - That's very good.Well... - That would do it. Yeah.
那真是一瓶好酒 - 很容易让人迷上
Oh, wow, that's nice. That's very good. We need to give it a minute, but that's really tasty. How about you?
非常好,非常好喝.我们需要给它一分钟 但是真的非常好喝.你觉得呢?
I think they overdid it a little. Too much alcohol. It overwhelms the fruit.
我觉得有点过头了.酒精太多,盖过了果实的味道
Yeah. Yeah. I'd say you're right on the money.Very good. Nice.
是,你是对的,完全正确 非常好.很好
Thank you.
谢谢你
Mmm! Is that Stephanie's kid? - Oh. Yeah. That's Siena.
这是史黛芬妮的小孩吗? - 是,她叫席娜,她真是个小甜心
Oh, she's a sweetie. - Cute. Cute. Where is she?
很可爱,她现在在哪?
She's at her grandmother's.Steph's mom. She spends a lot of time over there.You got kids?
和外婆在一起,史黛芬妮的妈妈 她常常住那里.你有孩子吗?
Uh, me? No. No.No, I'd just fuck 'em up.
我?没有,没有,我会把他们都带坏的。
No, that was the one unpolluted part of my divorce... no kids.
那是我离婚比较单纯的一部份 没有小孩
Yeah. Same here. - Good.
我也是 -很好
Let's go in there.
我们进去吧
Looks like our friends are really hitting it off.
我们的朋友好像很合得来
Yeah, I would say that.Yeah.
是,你说的可对了
So, what's your novel about?
你写的小说是有关什么的?
What's my... Oh, brother. Well, it's, uh... it's difficult to summarize.
我的小说吗?天啊.要简单的敘述有点难
Um...it starts out as a kind of first-person narrative about a guy taking care of his father after a stroke.
一开始是以第一人称的敘述.有关一个男人照顾他 中风爸爸的故事
Oh. - It's kind of based on, uh, personal experience. But only... only loosely.
其中有一些是个人经验 但是只有一点点
What's the title? - The Day After Yesterday.
-书名是什么 -《昨天过后日》
Oh. You mean today.
就是今天的意思
Um... uh, yeah. I mean, r-right. But it's more...
是,是没错,但是它更…
So it's about, like, death and mortality, or...
是有关死亡与面对死亡,或是…
Uh, yeah... Y... Not really. I, uh... It de... It jumps around a lot.
是…但不全然是,内容跳来跳去的 就是这个意思
That's what it's about, in a way. You know what I mean?
你知道我的意思吗?
You start to see everything from the point of view of the father. And, uh, a lot of other things happen... parallel narratives.
是从父亲的角度看事情 然后很多事情就发生了
It's kind of a mess. And then, eventually, the whole thing sort of evolves or devolves into this sort of Robbe-Grillet mystery. You know?
并行敘述,感觉有点乱乱的.最后,整个故事发展到 或者说沦落到…像是某种罗勃格里耶之谜
But no real resolution.
但是没有真正的结局
Well, I think it's really great you're getting it published.Really. I mean, I know how hard it is just to write it, even.
我觉得你能出版真的很棒.真的,我知道这有多难 光写就很难了
Yeah. - I mean, like me, I've got this paper due on Friday and I'm freaked out about it, just like in high school.
是的。 - 就像我,我星期五有个报告要交…我现在很紧张,就像在高中时一样
- A paper, huh? - Yeah. I'm going for a master's degree in horticulture. Sorta chipping away on it.
报告,是吗?.我正在攻读园艺方面的硕士学位.一点一点慢慢读
Horticulture? Really?I didn't even know that there was a college here.
园艺?真的吗?我还不知道这里有大学
Well, I commute to San Luis Obispo twice a week.
我一个星期有两天会去 加州综合理工州立大学
Horticulture? Wow. So, do you want to work in a winery or something? - Maybe.
园艺,真不错.那你是想在葡萄酒业工作吗? - 也许
So when can I read your book?
我什么时候可以读你的书?
Well, l... You know, l... Well, I do happen to have a manuscript in my car.
我刚好有一份打字稿在车上
Um, it's not proofed or anything... so it's... it's full of typos.
还没校稿,所以有一堆错字 如果你不介意错字的话
If you don't mind typos... - Oh, no. Who cares? I'm the queen of typos.
不,谁会介意 我是个错字女王
Okay.
好吧