Being engaged is like having all of your feelings dropped into a blender...
订婚就像把所有感觉 都放到搅拌机里面
...and then someone hits "mix" before you put the top on.
还没有放好盖子 就有人打开开关了
It's the most bizarre mixture of pure joy, total dread, and gunk.
这是一种非常复杂的感觉 既有单纯的快乐, 也有恐惧
See?
看到没有?
Speaking of dread, it's time I told you about my mother.
说到恐惧 现在谈一下我妈妈吧
My early memories of her are great.
开始她给我的感觉棒极了
My younger sister Anne and I were the luckiest girls in the world.
我和妹妹Anne简直就是 这个世上最幸福的孩子
But as we got older, it became clear that things changed.
但随着我们长大 情况开始变了
You know that saying, "You can't have a favorite child"?
听过"不要生一个人见人爱的孩子"吗?
Well, don't believe it.
算了, 别理它
I remember this.
我却记住了
We took a cross-country road trip when I was 16.
16岁的时候我们去乡间旅行
Notice something?
注意到没有?
And it only got worse.
而且还会变坏
All of you worked tirelessly...
你们学习非常勤奋
Anne, I know that you'll be valedictorian. Anne,
我相信你会成为 致告别词的学生代表