本段对话选自Erin Brockovich,《永不妥协》
Uh,you have no actual medical training?
你从来没受过医疗训练?
No. I have kids. Learned a lot right there.
没有。但是我有小孩,从照頋他们身上学了不少。
I've seen nurses glve my son a throat culture.
我见过护士给孩子检查咽喉。
I mean what is it—you stick a giant Q-tip down their throat and wait.
我的意思是那算什么呀一就是把一个大棉签塞进他们的喉咙然后等着。
Or a urine analysis,with that dipstick to see whether or not the white count is high…
还有尿检,就是用一个量油尺似的棒子告诉你白细胞是不是过高。
Yes, I understand.
好的,我明白你的意思。
And, I mean,I'm great with people.
而且,我很善于与人交往。
Of course,you'd have to observe me to know for sure,but trust me on that one.
当然你得通过观察才能知道这一点,但是请相信我。
I'm extremely fast learner.
我学习能力很强,
You show me something in a lab once,and I've got it down.
你在实验室里给我演示一次,我一定就可以学会。
I always to go to medical school.
我一直想上医学院,
That was my first interest, really.
这是我第一志愿,真的。
But then I got married and had a kid too young and I can't do that.
但是后来我结婚了,孩子又那么小,我没法上学。
When I got out of high school,I got a job with Fleuer Engineers and Constructors in madly in love with geology.
我高中毕业后,在欧文市的佛鲁尔工程建筑公司找到一份工作,然后疯狂地迷上了地质学。
Geology?
地质学?
Yeah,I learned how to read maps. I love maps.
是的。我学会了读地图,我很喜欢地图。
But I lost my job because my boy came down with chicken pox, had 104 temperature.
但是后来我儿子出水痘,发烧到104华氏度,
My ex=husband was useless,so…that didn't really work out.
我前夫又一无是处,因此去了工作。我俩真的不合适。
Uh-huh.
哦。
You got a really nice office.
你的办公室真漂亮。
Thanks. Look...
谢谢!你看…