What do you think the chances were of us ever meeting again?
你之前想过我们还有机会再见面吗?
After that December, I'd say almost zero. But we're not real anyway, right? We're just characters in that old lady's dream.
那年十二月之后,我想再见的几率基本就是零了。不过我们的存在并不真实,对吗?我们只不过是一个老妇人梦中的角色。
She's on her deathbed, fantasizing about her youth, so of course we had to meet again.
她在弥留之际,回忆起年轻时的故事。所以我们当然一定会见面的。
Oh, God. Why weren't you there in Vienna?
天哪!你为什么那天没有出现在维也纳?
I told you why.
我告诉过你了。
Well, I know why, I just...I wish you would have been. Our lives might have been so much different.
我知道,但是...我真的希望你去了。我们的生活可能会完全不一样。
You think so?
你真这么觉得?
I actually do.
没错。
Maybe not. Maybe we would have hated each other eventually.
也许不会呢。也许最后我们会憎恨对方呢。
Oh, what, like we hate each other now?
是吗,就像现在我们这样憎恨对方?
You know, maybe we're...We're only good at brief encounters, walking around in European cities, in warm climate.
可能我们... 我们只适合那种短暂相遇,漫步在欧洲的街道,在温暖的气候中。
Oh, God. Why didn't we exchange phone numbers and stuff? Why didn't we do that?
天哪,为什么我们没有交换电话号码之类的呢?为什么?
Because we were young and stupid.
因为那时我们太年轻,不成熟?
Do you think we still are?
你觉得我们现在还是如此吗?
I guess when you're young, you just believe that you will meet many people with whom you'll connect with.
我觉得,当你年轻的时候,你会相信你会认识很多将来会保持联系的人。
Later in life you realize it only happens a few times.
但后来你才会发现这样的人其实很少。
Yeah, you can screw it up. You know, misconnect.
没错,你可能会跟他们相处不好。然后就失去联系了。
Well, the past is the past. It was meant to be that way.
过去的就让它过去吧。本来事情也是注定就那样的。
Wait. You really believe that? That everything's fated?
等等。你真的相信吗?任何事情都是注定的?
Well, you know, the world might be less free than we think.
这个嘛,你明白吗,世界也许没有我们想的那么随意。
Yeah?
是吗?
Yeah, when given these exact circumstances, that's what will happen every time.
对啊,如果给定了精确的环境,就总会发生相同的结果。
Two part hydrogen, one part oxygen, you'll get water every time. -No, no.
两份氢,一份氧,获得的总是水。-不不。
I...what if your grandmother had lived a week longer, you know, or passed away a week earlier, days even, you know.
我...如果你祖母晚去世一个礼拜呢,或者早去世一个礼拜,哪怕几天呢。
Things might have been different. I believe that!
事情都可能完全不一样。我坚信这一点!
No, you can't think like that. It's...-Yeah, I mean, I know you shouldn't on most things, but...
不,你不能这样想。那只是... -是的,我知道对大多数事情都不该这么想,但是...
It's just, on this one, it seemed like something was off, you know. I mean...
只是这件事,我觉得这事很不对劲。我的意思是...
In the months leading up to my wedding, ok, I was thinking about you all the time.
你知道吗,在我结婚前的那个月,我一直都在想着你。
I mean, even on my way there, I'm in the car, and a buddy of mine is driving me downtown.
即使在去婚礼的路上,我当时坐在车里,我的一个朋友送我进城。
And I'm staring out the window and I think I see you, not far from the church, right? folding up an umbrella and walking into a deli on the corner of 13th and Broadway.
我看着窗户,觉得我看到你了。就在离教堂不远的地方。你当时正收起雨伞,走进一家熟食店,就在百老汇和十三街的交汇处。
And I thought I was going crazy, you know? But now I think it probably was you.
那时我觉得我快要发疯了你知道吗?但现在我觉得这也许就是你。
I lived on 11 th and Broadway.
我当时住在百老汇和十一街的交汇处。