You see?
你看!
So, what is it like to be married? You haven't talked much about that.
那,结婚的感觉怎样?你还没怎么说呢。
I haven't? How weird. I don't know. We met, you know, when I was in college.
我没有吗?真奇怪。我不知道怎么说。我们是在上大学的时候认识的。
And we broke up and got back together for a period of years, and then...
然后有几年,我们分分合合,然后...
What? We were sort of back together and she was pregnant...So marriage.
怎么着来着?我们好像又在一起了,然后她就怀孕了...所以就结婚了。
What is she like?
她怎么样?
She's a great teacher, a good mom. She's smart, pretty, you know.
她是个好老师,好妈妈。她很聪明,很漂亮。
I remember thinking at the time that so many of the men that I admired most, you know, that their lives were dedicated to something greater than themselves.
我记得那时我想,很多我所崇拜的人,他们的生命都奉献给了比自己更重要的东西。
So you got married because men you admired were married?
所以你结婚是因为你崇拜的人都结婚了?
No, no...It's more like I had this...this idea of my best self, you know?
不,不... 这更像是说... 我内心中有种对完美自我的期许。你懂吗?
And I wanted to pursue that, even if it might have been overriding my honest self. You know what I'm saying?
我想去追求那个完美自我,即使它可能已经凌驾于本真的自我了。你懂我的意思吗?
I mean, it's funny like...in the moment, I remember thinking it didn't much matter, the" Who " of it all.
说起来很可笑...我记得在那个时候,我觉得和“谁”结婚并不重要。
I mean, that nobody is gonna be everything to you,
没有人是你生命的全部。
And that ultimately, it's just a simple action of committing yourself, you know, meeting your responsibilities, that matters.
最终,婚姻仅是一种对他人的承诺的行为,就是说,负担起你的责任来,这才是最重要的。
I mean, what is love, right, if it's not respect, trust, admiration? And l...I felt all those things.
我是说,爱是什么,不就是尊敬,信赖和钦佩的嘛?而这些我当时都感觉到了啊。
So cut to the present tense, and I feel like I'm running a nursery with somebody I used to date, you know.
而回到现在,我感觉我好像在办一个托儿所,跟一个我曾经约会过的人。
I mean, I'm like a monk, you know. I mean, I've had sex less than 10 times in the last four years.
我就像一个修道士。我在过去的4年中,做爱还不到10次。
What, what? You laughing at me? -No. -lt sounds pathetic?
干嘛,干嘛?你笑我?-没有。-听起来很可悲吗?
What monastery you know do monks have sex 10 times? -Okay, all right, you're right. I'm doing better than most monks, all right?
你见过那个修道院里的修道士能做爱,还能做十次?-好吧,你是对的。我比一般的修道士强,可以了吧?
But I do, I feel like if somebody were to touch me, you know, I would dissolve into molecules.
但是我的确觉得,如果现在有人碰我的话我就会马上融化的。
Well, we're here. We've gotta go. Come on.
好啦,我们到了。该走了,快。
Shit.
该死。