The Big Bang Theory,《生活大爆炸》
A:Excuse me,Dr.Cooper.I'm Kathy O'Brien.I just finished reading your paper reconciling the black hole information paradox with your theory of string network condensates,and it just took my breath away!
甲:打扰一下,库伯教授,我是凯 西?奥布莱恩。我刚拜读了您的那篇利用链性网状结构固化物解决 洞资讯矛盾的论文,让我惊叹地喘不过气来!
B:Maybe when I publish it,I'll include an inhaler.
乙:也许等它发表的时候,我会考虑多加个呼吸器。
A:Would you possibly have any time for me to pick your brain?
甲:有没有可能给我点时间向您讨教呢?
B:Let's see.Today is Thursday.Thursday nights,I eat pizza from Giacomo's,sausage,mushrooms,light olives.
乙:让我想想,今天是星期四。星期四晚上我吃吉亚科莫餐厅的彼萨,要放香肠、蘑菇、少量橄榄油。
A:Great.I'll bring it to your place.I have the address.
甲:太好了。我会带到你家去。我有你的地址。
B:What a nice girl!
乙:多好的姑娘啊!
A:Sheldon,do you see what just happened here?
甲:谢尔顿,你知道刚才这里怎么回事吗?
B:Yes,I'm getting a free pizza.I'm on a roll! More pad Thai,please.
乙:当然,我有免费披萨吃了。我好运连连喔!请再来点泰国菜。
A:Seldon,you've already had four servings.
甲:谢尔顿,你已经吃了四盒了。
B:You might want to slow down a bit,buddy.
乙:你该吃慢点,伙计。
A:Just one more bite.
甲:就一小口。
B:Sheldon? Sheldon,are you okay?
乙:谢尔顿?谢尔顿,你还好吧?
A:I'm just so...full.
甲:我只是…太撑了。
B:That's it.No more Thai food.
乙:够了。以后再也不吃泰国菜了。