Lost,《迷失》
A:Can I bring you something?
甲:请问您要点什么?
B:Could I have an espresso, please?
乙:请给我来杯意式浓咖啡。
A:Yes, immediately.
甲:好的,马上来。
B:What sort of business brings you to Berlin?
乙:你来柏林有何贵干?
A:I'm a headhunter. A corporate recruiter. What do you do?
甲:我是个猎头。就是招聘专员。你做什么工作?
B:My employer is an economist. He works in emerging markets. Actually, I...I don't really understand what he does, which doesn't matter since all I do is shop for him. And if this goes off, I'm at his side instantly, which is wonderful since he,s only in Berlin once or twice a year.
乙:我的老板是个经济学家。他专门研究新兴市场。亊实上,我…我不太了解他的工作。不过这没关系,因为我只是帮他购物就行了。如果这东西响了,我就得马上出现在他面前。不过他一年只来柏林一两次,所以其实这差事很棒。
A:Which is why you're enjoying a luxuriously long midday coffee.
甲:所以你才能在这里享受奢侈的午间咖啡。
B:Yes.
乙:是啊。
A:Thank you.
甲:谢谢。
B:Do I…know you from somewhere?
乙:我是不是…在哪见过你?
A:I'll tell you exactly where you know me from... if you let me take you to dinner.
甲:我可以确切地告诉你在哪里见过我…如果你允许我请你吃晚饭的话。
B:This is the restaurant you're taking me to tonight. 8 o'clock.Well... if you can find it.
乙:这是今晚你请我吃饭的餐馆,8点,当然…如果你能找的到。