Surgery went well. I can see it...the nurses.
手术很成功。我能看出来,那些护士在想什么。
They're thinking, "Why is she not in the negro ward?"
"为什么她没在黑人病房里?"
You're not in the negro ward because I moved you here.
那是因为我把你转移到了这里。
This is where you'll get the best care.
在这你能接受最好的治疗。
That baby was everything. You'll have another.
那孩子是我的一切。你还有机会的。
They told me I can't. Mrs. May, I'm your doctor now.
他们说我没有了。梅太太,我是你的医生。
And when I say I will work day and night until you leave this hospital with a baby in your arms, that's what I will do.
我向你保证,我会日以继夜地工作,直到你可以抱着你的宝宝出院我说到做到。
Of course, I didn't admit I have no idea what a cervical cap is.
当然了,我没有承认我根本不知道宫颈帽是什么。
It's a device Masters invented himself.
是马斯特斯自己发明的一个设备。
It's basically aa rubber cap that takes dud sperm and places it right against the cervix.
就是一个橡胶套用来将病弱精子直接放置在子宫颈上。
"Dud" Sperm? Or in Masters' case, no sperm.
病弱精子?对于马斯特斯来说,也称为无精子。
Most of the men in the study have a low sperm count. Masters' is close to zero.
这项研究的多数男人都只有很低的精子数。马斯特斯的几乎为零。
No. No. He told me himself. His wife is the one with the problem.
不对,他亲口跟我说的。他妻子才是有问题的那个。
Don't take it personally.
别太在意。
I mean, I love Bill. He's taught me so much.
我是说,我尊敬比尔。他教了我许多。
Championed me as a resident.
支持我成为住院医生。
I owe him everything, really.
我欠了他许多,真的。
But his ego... There is no way the great Bill Masters is going to admit he's shooting blanks.
但他的自尊心伟大的比尔·马斯特斯绝对不会承认自己只能放空枪。
You looked in his file. It was right there.
你看了他的档案。就摆在那的。
I hope my lab coat hides the fact I'll be wearing the same clothes two days in a row.
希望我的实验袍能不让人看出我已经两天穿了同样的衣服。
Ethan. I said that we'd be friends.
伊桑。我说过我们只能做朋友。
And I meant it. That sounds ominous.
我是认真的。听起来很不妙。
No, it would just be... It would be confusing for my kids and awkward for us if you stayed.
不,只是因为...如果你留下来过夜我的孩子们会很困惑我们也会很尴尬。
So I'm not spending the night.
所以我不能在这过夜。
You're kicking me out.
你要赶我走。
I can make you coffee for the road. Coffee. Uh, no. Thanks.
我可以给你煮咖啡带在路上喝。咖啡。不用了,谢谢。