Desperate Housewives,《绝望主妇》
A: Whoa, whoa, whoa! No more doggy treats. She's had enough.
甲:咳,咳,咳!别喂了,她吃得够多了。
B: But she's been so good.
乙:但她真是太乖了。
A: Yeah? Well, when she learns how to make granite sparkle, she can have more.
甲:是吗?等她学会把大理石擦亮.就能再多吃点了。
B: I'm giving her a treat.
乙:还是给她来一个吧。
A: Carlos, I said no. Fine, One treat. That's it. Those things are expensive, and until your disability kicks in,we have to tighten our belts.
甲:卡洛斯,我说了不行。好吧,就一次。就这样。那些狗粮很贵,在你恢复视力之前,我们件省着点。
B: So I guess that means you won't be getting your hair done anymore.
乙:我想那就是说你以后都不去做头发了吧。
A:Carlos, remember what my fingers look like? Just picture the middle one all by itself.Besides, you're the one who married me for my looks.
甲:卡洛斯,还记得我的手指是什么样的吗?想象一下只有中间那个竖起来的样子。还有,你是看我漂亮才跟我结婚的..
B:Well, I'm blind now, so as long as you use deodorant, I'm good.
乙:但现在我瞎了,所以你只要没体味,我就没意见。
A:Do you have any idea how selfish you sound right now? Just because you're blind, the world should suffer?
甲:你知道这话有多自私吗?仅仅是因为你自己瞎了,全世界都得跟着倒霉?
B: I'm just saying, you know, $300 visits to Mr. Francois.
乙:我只是想说,你每去一次弗朗索瓦那里就要花300美元。