Desperate Housewives,《绝望的主妇》
A: Good afternoon. I'm, uh, Bree Hodge, and you are?
甲:下午好,我是,呃,布里·霍奇。你是?
B: Name's Gus, and we're all booked up.
乙:我叫格斯。房间都订满了。
A: Actually, Gus, um, I'm here to see one of your guests-a gentleman named Faladi.
甲:事实上,格斯,嗯,我是来找你们的一位客人的,一位叫法兰第的先生。
B: Oh, yeah, came in about an hour ago. You want me to call him for you?
乙:哦,没错,一个小时前住进来的。你需要我给他打电话吗?
A: No, no, no, no! I'd like you to take me to his room and unlock it so I can walk in unannounced.
甲:不,不,不,不!我要你带我去他房间,给我开门,这样我就能悄悄地进去了 "
B: Lady, I can't do that. Besides, he has a girl in there.
乙:女士,我不能那么做。另外,他屋里有个女孩。
A: Yes, I know. She's my daughter, my 17-year-old daughter.
甲:是的,我知道,她是我女儿,我十七岁的女儿。
B: Yeah. Uh, that would be, uh, room, uh, 17. Now there's irony for you. You don't have a gun in there, do you? Because I just put down new carpet.
乙: 好吧,呃,那是,呃,十七号房间。对你来说是个讽刺吧,你没带枪吧?我刚刚换过地毯。
A: Oh, Gus, I don't plan anything unpleasant. I'm simply going to inform Mr. Faladi what repercussions he faces if he continues this relationship and trust him to see reason.
甲:哦,格斯,我没打算做什么让人不愉快的事情。我只是要去告诉法兰第先生,如果他继续这段关系,他将面临怎样的影响,相信他就会知道原因所在了。
C: What the hell!
丙:见鬼!
D: Mom! What are you doing here?
丁:妈妈!你在这儿做什么?
C: You just can't walk right in here.
丙:你不能就这么进来。
D: How can you do this to me?
丁:你怎么能这么做?
C: What makes you think that you can walk in here?
丙:你凭什么可以随便进来?