1、catch up
赶上;追上;跟上
I stopped and waited for her to catch up.
我停住脚步,等她追上来。
We caught up with the nuns.
我们赶上了修女们。
赶上,达到(标准、水平等)
Most late developers will catch up with their friends.
大多数身材发育迟缓者都会赶上他们的朋友。
John began the season better than me but I have fought to catch up.
赛季伊始,约翰的表现比我好,不过我经过努力追了上来。
牵扯进;卷入
The people themselves weren't part of the conflict; they were just caught up in it.
那些人本来和这场冲突不相干,他们只是被牵涉进去的。
Many African women, for reasons of poverty, get caught up in the drug trade.
许多非洲妇女为贫穷所迫堕入贩毒行业。
2、betray
失信于;辜负
When I tell someone I will not betray his confidence I keep my word.
如果我告诉某人我不会辜负他的信任,我就会恪守诺言。
The President betrayed them when he went back on his promise not to raise taxes.
总统背叛了他们,违背了不加税的诺言。
背叛;出卖
They offered me money if I would betray my associates.
他们提出来只要我供出同伙就给我钱。
The group were informers, and they betrayed the plan to the Germans.
这帮人是告密者,他们把计划泄露给了德国人。