It's sad... news, for sure.
是坏消息...确实如此
Now, you're all valued employees.
你们都是难得的好员工
But as we undergo this transition to LIFE online...
但由于我们处于"生活"杂志网络化的过渡期...
we wanted to be candid with you... that some of you will be determined nonvital employees... to the new partnership.
所以我们想明白告诉你们...将有部分员工被新公司...列为非重要员工
And we'll be deciding which of those positions... will be remaining with us over the course of the next week.
而我们将在下周的例会上...决定保留哪些职位
Also, we feel sad about that, as you can see.
正如你所见 我们也对此感到悲伤
Now for some good news. We are very excited... All right, Don.
现在是好消息 我们非常激动地... 够了 唐
Ted Hendricks. Managing director of the transition.
我是泰德·亨德里克斯 过渡期的主管经理
Never fun, this stage.
眼下的形势 并不乐观
But we do have ahead of us the privilege of publishing... what will be the very last issue of LIFE magazine.
但我们确实获得允许来出版...这最后一期的"生活"月刊杂志
And for the final issue, we just received a telegram. Come on.
而这最后一期 我们刚刚收到了一封电报 给我
From Sean O'Connell... who has never, I'm told, been willing... to speak with the executives here.
肖恩·奥康奈尔发来的...据说他从不愿意...和公司的高管接触
Well, he broke his long silence and shared his thoughts with us... through that old man.
然而这次 他打破了长期的沉默 跟我们分享了他的想法...通过那位老伯
Sean O'Connell. "I expect full consideration of negative twentyfive for cover." "My most grand." "The quintessence of life."
我是肖恩·奥康奈尔 "我希望能以二十五号底片作为封面" "我最高的杰作" "生活的精髓"
What is that?
精髓是啥?
Okay. So our cover will probably be the most famous ever... because it really will have the big quintessence of all time.
好了 因此我们下一期封面将会非常轰动...因为它真的蕴含生活的精髓
Very full and so rich.
充实而富有
So let's see this thing. Huh? Let's see it.
那么让我们见识一下 怎样?看下那照片