Joey: Oh, uh, would you mind sitting there? I'm-I'm saving this seat for my friend Ross.
额,你介意坐在别处吗。我给我朋友罗斯留着这个座呢。
Rhonda: You mean Dr. Geller?
你是说盖勒博士?
Joey: Doctor? Oh, I didn't know he had a nickname.
博士?哇!我不知道他还有一个绰号。
Rhonda: Oh, he won't sit here. Only the people in the white coats sit over there and only the people in the blue blazers sit over here.
哦,他不会坐在这里。穿白色衣服的都坐在那边,同时,只有穿蓝制服的才坐在这里。
Joey: Well, uh, how-how come?
啊,为什么呀?
Rhonda: That's just the way it is.
这里情况就这样。
Joey: That's crazy.
太荒唐啦。
Rhonda: Maybe it's crazy in a perfect world - a world without lab coats or blazers.
在完美的世界里,这或许是有些荒唐,一个不分研究员和解说员的世界。
But you're not in a perfect world. You in a museum now. See that scientist with the glasses?
但是你现在是在一个博物馆,不是完美社会。看到那个带眼镜的科学家没,
He and I used to play together all the time in grade school. Hmph, but now...
他和我以前在小学时总是在一起玩,现如今却
PETER! HEY PETER! IT'S ME RHONDA, FROM P.S. 129. I shared my puddin' with you man! I gave you my Snack Pack!
皮特!嗨,皮特!是我,Rhonda!PS-129的!我和你分享我的布丁!我给你吃我的零食!
See, he pretend he don't even hear me!
看,他甚至假装没听到我说的话!
Joey: I-I think everybody's pretending they don't hear you.
我想人人都在假装没听到你说话。
Anyway, look, I don't know about you and your jackets and your separate tables, but Ross is one of my best friends,
总之,我不了解你,我才不管制服和餐桌的分别,罗斯是我最好的朋友之一。
and if I save him a seat, I'm telling you, he will sit in it!
而且我要是为他留了座位,我告诉你,他肯定会坐在这里!
Ross, Ross, over here man. I saved you a seat.
罗斯!罗斯!这里,嘿!我帮你留了个座位。
Ross: That's ok, I'm cool over here. I'll catch up with you later.
不用,我坐这边很好。乔伊,我一会去找你。
Rhonda: Oh, this is saved.
哦,这个座位有人了。
Rhonda: Gift shop.
礼品店的。
Ross: Hey. Uh I'm really really sorry about what happened in the cafeteria today.
嘿,关于今天在餐厅所发生的事,我真的,真的非常抱歉。
Joey: It's no big deal you know. You uh, you do you gotta do, right?
没什么大不了的。嘿,真的,你是迫不得已。对吧?
Ross: No, hey, it's not just me. I mean the scientists and the tour guides never sit together.
嘿,不仅仅是我一个人那么做,我是说科学家和解说员从来都不坐在一起。
Joey: Whatever.
随便啦。
Ross: It's like that everywhere, Joey. Ok, Mon, back me up here.
乔伊,到处都这样,莫,支持我一下。
Where you work, the uh, the waiters eat with the waiters, right? And the chefs eat with the other chefs, right?
在你工作那里,服务员也是和服务员一起吃饭,对吧?并且厨师和其他厨师一起吃,是吧?
Monica: I-I eat by myself in the alley because everybody hates me.
我自己在走廊里自己吃饭,因为人人都讨厌我。
Ross: Ok, Rach, when was the last time you had lunch with the uh, the shipping clerks?
好,瑞秋,你上回 和运货员一起吃饭是何时?
Rachel: Ok. Well, I've, I've never actually eaten lunch with the shipping clerks...but it's totally different. They're not allowed in the executive cafeteria.
你听我说,我不常跟他们吃饭 但这完全是两码子事因为他们不能进主管的自助餐厅。
Oh. I see-I see what you're saying.
我懂你的意思了。
Joey: Look, Ross, really, it's-it's no big deal. You know, you wear a white coat, I wear a blue blazer, if that means we can't be friends at work, then, so be it. You know I understand, you know?
罗斯,真的,真的没什么。你知道你穿白色衣服,我穿蓝色制服,如果那代表着我们不能在单位成为朋友,那么不是就不是,我理解。
Hey, when I'm in a play and you're in the audience, I don't talk to you, right?
嘿,当我在舞台上,你在观众席上,我也没和你说话,对吧。
So, it's, you know, it's uh, it's cool. I'll see you tomorrow.
因此,你知道,没事。明天见。
Rachel: Yeah, when we're in the audience, he doesn't talk to us, but he does wave.
对,当他在舞台上时是没有和我们说话,但他确实挥过手。
Phoebe: Who's my puppy? Who's my puppy? Who's my puppy?
我的小狗好不好呀?
Monica: Have you named him yet?
你帮它取名字没?
Phoebe: No, I don't wanna get attached.
没,我不想被约束。
Rachel: Can I hold him?
可以让我抱抱吗?
Phoebe: Sure. Here.
当然可以。
Rachel: Come here, squirmy. Hello.
来,给我抱抱,嗨喽。
Phoebe: Not like that. No.
不是那样抱啦。
Chandler: Hi. Why's Phoebe singing to Karl Malden?
嘿!菲比为什么对着Carl Mulden(电影演员)唱歌?
Phoebe: Oh, you know what? I think it's time for puppy to go out again. Come on, let's go to the balcony.
我想现在又到遛狗的时间了,来呀,我们去阳台。
Monica: What?
什么?
Phoebe: Uh, the street. Come on, let's go to the street. Oh, listen, don't go on the balcony until after I get back.
哦,是街道。快,我们上街去。哦,听着,我回来之前别去阳台。
Monica: So, did you do it?
怎么样,你做了吗?
Chandler: Yes, yes, we had the sex.
是,是,我们做爱了。
Monica: Uh-oh, it was bad?
哦,不是很理想?
Chandler: It was fine, you know, but she didn't agree with me as strongly as she agreed with Joey.
还可以,但是她没有激烈到像"赞同"乔伊那样"赞同"我。
She was more like, "Uh, I see your point. I'm all right with it."
她更像是"我知道你的观点",我可以接受。
Monica: It was the first time. You know, there's not always a lot of agreement on the first time.
没关系,你们毕竟是第一次嘛。不可能一开头就琴瑟和谐的对不对?
Rachel: Yeah, not for girls anyway. Guys agree like that.
对啊,通常都是女人觉得还不够和谐,男人却很快就满足了。
Chandler: Look, you have to help me, ok? I mean, I know what to do with a woman.
看,你得帮帮我!行吗?我是说,我知道该和女人做些什么。
You know I know where everything goes. It's always...nice. But I need to know what makes it go from "nice" to "My God, somebody's killing her in there!"
我也知道哪里总是让人感觉美妙。但是我需要使得她从美妙到啊,天呀!有人要了她的命!
IMonica: All right, I'm gonna show you something a lot of guys don't know. Rach, hand me that pad please. All right. Now...
好吧,我将要呈现你一些很多男人不知道的"密笈",瑞秋,请把便笺本给我。好,现在
Chandler: What, you don't have to draw an actual wo-- Woah, she' hot.
哦,你不用画那么具体,哇?哇哦!辣妹!
Monica: Now, everybody knows the basic erogenous zones. You got, one, two, three, , four, five, six, and seven.
好,每个人都知道的,基本的性敏感带。第1个,第2个,第3第4个,第5个,第6个还有第7个!
Chandler: There are seven?
一共有7个?
Rachel: Let me see that. Oh, yeah.
让我看看,哦,正确。
Chandler: That's one?
那也是一个?
Monica: Kind of an important one.
那个还是一个挺重要的呢!
Chandler: Oh, you know, you know what, I was looking at it upside down.
哦,我看颠倒了。
Rachel: Huhhh. Well, you know, sometimes that helps.
呵呵,有时那样也有用呢。
Monica: Ok, now, most guys will hit uh, one, two, three and then go to seven and set up camp.
大多数男人只会走过1-2-3然后就直接到7,接着就"安营扎寨"了。
Chandler: That's-that's bad?
那样不好吗?
Rachel: Well, if you go to Disneyland, you don't spend the whole day on the Matterhorn.
如果你去迪斯尼游乐园,你不会把整天都玩过山车。
Chandler: Well you might if it were anything like seven.
如果那是象7那样的东西,也许你可能会那么做。
Monica: All right, uh, the important thing is to take your time. You want to hit 'em all and you wanna mix them up. You gotta keep 'em on their toes.
嗯,重要的是,你得从容进行,你得把所有的敏感部位都照顾到,让它们全部保持兴奋状态。
Rachel: Oh, TOES! ! Yeah, for some people.
哦,脚趾!!对一些人有用。
Monica: All right, you could, uh, start out, with a, a little one; a two; a one, two, three;
好。嗯,你可以从一点点1,2,1-2-3开始,
a three; a five; a four, a three-two; a two, a two-four-six; two-four-six; four; two; two; four-seven; five-seven; six-seven; seven, seven, SEVEN, SEVEN, SEVEN-SEVEN-SEVEN-SEVEN- SEVEN-SEVEN! there you are.
3,5,4,3-2,2,2-4-6,2-4-6,4,2,2,4-7,5-7,6-7,7,...7.....7...7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7-7。
Rachel: Yeah, that'll work.
对,那样会有效的。
Scientist #1: Dr. Geller, there's a seat over here.
吉勒博士,这里有个座位。
Ross: Thank you Dr. Phillips, but I'm having my lunch at this table Here in the middle. I'm having my lunch right here with my good friend Joey, if he'll sit with me.
谢谢,菲利普博士,但我将在这张餐桌吃午餐,中间这张桌。与我的好朋友乔伊,就坐在这里吃午餐,如果他愿意和我坐在一起。
Joey: I will sit with you Dr. Geller.
吉勒博士,我愿意和你坐在一起。
Ross: You know, we work in the Museum of Natural History, and yet there is something unnatural about the way we eat lunch.
你们知道吗?我们在自然历史博物馆工作然而我们吃中饭的方式很不自然。
And I want you to know it took a tour guide to show this scientist the error of his ways! You might even say he took me on a tour...of myself
我要让你们知道,这位导览员让我这科学家了解到自己处事方法的错误,甚至可以说他带领我看到了我自己的内心。
Joey: Yeah. That-that was me.
对,他说的就是我。
Ross: Now, I look around this cafeteria, and you know what I see?
现在,我环顾这间餐厅你知道我看到什么吗?
I see, I see division. Division between people in white coats and people in blue blazers. And I ask myself, my God, WHY?
是隔阂。穿白大褂和蓝制服的人之间的隔阂,我扪心自问,"老天爷呀,为什么会这样?!"
Now I say, we shed these, these coats that separate us and we get to know the people underneath.
我倡议我们脱掉这些分化我们的衣服,真诚的相互了解。
I'm Ross. I'm divorced, and I have a kid.
我是罗斯!我离婚啦,我还有一个小孩!
Joey: I'm Joey. I'm an actor. I don't know squat about dinosaurs.
我是乔伊!我是一名演员!我对恐龙一无所知!
Tour Guide #1: I'm Ted, I just moved here a month ago, and, New York really scares me.
我是泰德,我刚刚搬到纽约一个月,这里真的吓坏我了。
Ross: All right, there you go.
大家都这样才对嘛!
Joey: Yeah, you hang in there Teddy!
是,你要坚持到底!!
Scientist #1: I'm Andrew, and I didn't pay for this pear.
我是安德鲁,我拿这个梨没付钱。
Ross: Ok, good-Good for you.
好,对你有好处。
Tour Guide #2: I'm Rhonda, and these aren't real!
我是郎妲,我隆过乳!
Ross: Wow, Rhonda.
哇,朗妲。
Scientist #2: I'm Scott.
我是斯科特。
Ross: Yeah ok Scott!
好,够了,斯科特!
Scott: And I need to flip the light switch on and off 17 times before I leave a room or my family will die.
我必须开关灯17次才能离开一个房间,否则我全家会死光。
Phoebe: My mom's gonna be here any minute. I can't do this, I can't give him up.
我妈妈随时要来领走它,我确实舍不得,我不能放弃狗狗。
Rachel: Oh.
哦。
Phoebe: Yes, no, I can. I don't want to. But I can. No.
不,我不能。我不想那么做。但是我能,不。
Rachel: Oh, I can't watch this. It's like "Sophie's Choice."
唉,我看不下去了,就好像在看《苏菲的选择》。
Monica: You know, I never saw that.
我从来没看过那个电影。
Rachel: Oh, it was only ok.
那个电影只是一般而已。
Phoebe: I can't do this. My mom was right. If I can't, If I can't give him up, then, there's no way I can give up a little baby.
哦,我做不了这个。我妈妈说得对。如果我不能放弃小狗,那么,我根本就不可能放弃一个婴儿。
Aw, God, Frank and Alice are gonna be so crushed. What, what else, what else can I give them? A kidney!
啊,老天爷呀,弗兰克和爱丽丝听了一定会非常的沮丧。还有什么,我还能给他们什么?肾!
Alice: Hi! -All: Hi.
嗨!-嗨。
Alice: We were just in the neighborhood, so...
我们刚刚散步走到这里,因此
Frank Jr. :Yes, we just thought we'd stop by and let you know there's still no pressure.
对,我们路过进来看看,想让你知道,我们不想让你有什么压力。
Alice: None. But if there was something you wanted to tell us, we're just gonna be right over there having coffee.
绝不。但是你要是有什么想和我们说,我们就在那边喝咖啡。
Phoebe: Ok.
好。
Frank Jr. : Oh, who is this little guy?
哦,这个小家伙是谁?!
Phoebe: Oh, umm, well-
哦,嗯,其实-
Frank Jr. :Oh, he's so cute, he reminds me of my old dog, Tumor.
哦,他太可爱啦,他让我想起我以前的狗"肿瘤"。
Alice: You are so precious, I could just take you home.
你太漂亮啦,真想把你带回家。
Phoebe: Hey, why don't you?
嘿,为什么不呢?
Frank Jr. :Are you serious?
真的吗?
Phoebe: Uh-huh, yeah!
额,是!
Frank Jr. :Oh, thanks.
哦,谢谢。
Monica: What're you doing?
你在干嘛?
Phoebe: No, I'm really ok with this. You know why? 'Cause look at them. Look how happy they are. And I made that. So, you know,
我舍得放手。你知道为什么吗?看看他们,看他们有多幸福是我给他们带来快乐,因此
I know it's gonna be like a million times harder to give up a baby but oh my God! It's gonna feel like a million times better, right? I wanna do this. I wanna carry your baby.
我知道放弃一个婴儿会比放弃一只小狗难上100万倍但是,啊,天呀。那也会让我自我感觉伟大上100万倍,对吧?我想要做这事。我想怀你们的婴儿。
Alice: Oh! Oh! Oh! Thank you so much. You don't know what this means to us. Oh!
太感激你了!你不知道这对我们来说意味着什么!
Frank Jr. :Oh my God, I think I'm gonna cry. Oh, my God.
啊,天呀,我想我感动得要哭了!
Monica: It's gonna be so great.
太伟大了。
Phoebe Sr. :Hi. What's going on?
嗨!怎么了?
Phoebe: Oh, I-I gave them the puppy and it made them so happy that I decided I'm gonna carry their baby.
喔,我把狗给他们了并且让他们很开心,因此我决定我将要帮他们怀他们的孩子。
Phoebe Sr. : Aw Phoebe...
但是,菲比
Phoebe: No-no-no, I know. You and I are totally different people though. And this is a totally different situation. And I know that I am not gonna regret this.
不-不-不 我知道,我们是不同的人,而且这个情况和你当年也完全不同而且我知道我以后不会为这事遗憾。
Phoebe Sr. :Oh yeah, I understand all that. It's just...that was my puppy.
喔,我-我完全理解,但是,那是我的小狗。
Phoebe: Oh!
哦!
Monica: Would you ever be a surrogate for anyone?
你这辈子会不会帮别人怀孕?你这辈子会不会帮别人怀孕?
Rachel: It depends who asked.
那要取决于谁求我。
Monica: What if I asked?
如果是我要你帮忙呢?
Rachel: Oh, Mon. Sure.
喔,行,当然。
Monica: Really?
真的?
Rachel: Yes.
是啊。
Rachel: You're not asking me, are you?
你不是真要我帮忙吧?
Monica: No.
不是。
Rachel: Yes, totally.
当然!完全没问题!
Kathy: Oh. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Yes, thank you!
啊!谢谢!谢谢!谢谢!太感谢你啦!