vt. 反抗,藐视,挑衅
您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 欧美电影 > 少年斯派维的奇异旅行 > 正文
- No scientific challenge remains greater, most prestigious, more mythical, than that of finding the key to perpetual motion.
- 至今没有任何科学挑战能够在重大性 声望性 和神秘性上超过寻求永动机之谜的钥匙
- Thank you.
- 谢谢大家
- Yet some affirm that this quest is doomed to failure.
- 然而有些人却断言这种探索注定会失败
- Such a machine defies the laws of the universe.
- 因为永动机违背了宇宙的物理定律
- The very basis of thermodynamics assumes that all mechanism will eventually come to stop.
- 热力学的基础理论认为任何机械最终将会处于静止状态
- Well, it is you.
- 嗯,你说
- Yeah. Given the current state of Science and Technology, isn't the quest for perpetual motion better suited for idealists and poets than real scientists?
- 就目前的科学技术而言 永动机的探索不是更适合那些空想家和诗人,而不是科学家么?
- What if imagination start it and science end it?
- 如果因想象而起,科学而终,那么会发生什么呢
- Those who push the boundaries of science,what they not all poets?
- 那些超越科学极限的人,难道不能叫他们诗人么
- I'm certain that as we speak here today, that somewhere in this country, a budding Leonardo Da Vinci is gaining up for the challenge.
- 我相信 我们今天在这儿讨论,而在这个国家的某处 有一位小列昂纳多·达·芬奇正在为这项挑战而努力
- Thank you very much.
- 谢谢大家
- Oh God ...
- 天哪
- Hello.
- 你好呀
- Sir, I am the Leonardo from Montana.
- 先生,我是来自蒙大拿州的达芬奇
- Oh yeah? What you are going to do?
- 是吗?那你要做什么呢?
- I accept the challenge.
- 我接受这项挑战
- You do?
- 真的?

手机扫描二维码查看全部内容
doom sb / sth (to sth)使…注定失败(或遭殃、死亡等):
The plan was doomed to failure.
这个计划注定要失败。
affirm 肯定属实;申明;断言
Both sides affirmed their commitment to the ceasefire.
双方均申明答应停火。
I can affirm that no one will lose their job.
我可以肯定,谁都不会丢掉工作。
perpetual motion 永动:
We're all in a state of perpetual motion in this office (= we're always moving around or changing things).
我们这个办公室里大家总在忙得团团转。
defy sb/sth 违抗;反抗;蔑视:
I wouldn't have dared to defy my teachers.
我可不敢不听老师的话。
given sth 考虑到;鉴于:
Given his age, (= considering how old he is) he's remarkably active.
考虑到他的年龄,他已是相当活跃的了。
what if...? 要是…会怎么样呢:
What if the train is late?
火车要是晚点会怎么样呢?
a budding artist / writer 一位艺术界/文坛新秀
our budding romance
我们刚刚发展起来的恋爱关系

- 阅读本文的人还阅读了: