Joey: Hey, you made it, all right. Hey, glad you could make it Thanks for coming.
嘿,你来了!太好了!很高兴你来了,谢谢你参加。
Monica: Oh my God! Kyle Lowder!
我的天啊,凯尔·罗德!
Kyle Lowder: Hi.
嗨。
Monica: I love you!
我爱你!
Joey: Hey, that's why I didn't invite you. you have to calm down, alright? just go, go get yourself a drink or something.
喂,这就是我为什么不想邀请你,你要冷静点,好吗?去喝点饮料什么的。
Monica: Oh yeah that's what you want- my inhibitions lowered.
是啊,你就是要让我的自制力崩溃。
Phoebe: Hey!
嘿!
Monica: Oh my God, can you believe we are surrounded by all this? I can barely control myself.
我的天啊,你敢相信我们被这些人包围着吗?我几乎控制不了自己。
Phoebe: Monica, you might wanna remember that you are married.
莫妮卡,你该了解到你已经结婚了。
Phoebe: Where is Chandler, anyway?
钱德呢?
Monica: Oh my God! Chandler!
我的天啊!钱德!
Chandler: Where the hell is everybody?
大家死哪去了?
Bitter woman: Why don't you like me? !
你为什么不喜欢我?
Bitter woman: Chaper one My first period.
第一章 我的第一次生理期。
Monica: Hey! Joey said no autographs!
嘿!乔伊说不能要签名的!
Monica: But if she's gettting one, I want one too, To Monica. And none of this "best wishes" crap. I want "love".
但是如果她有,那我也要!“给莫妮卡”,而且别写什么 “祝福”之类的,要写“爱”。
Rachel: Ok. Actually, uh Mon, Matthew was-was giving me his phone number.
事实上,莫妮卡,马修只是给我他的电话。
Monica: Oh man! If I had known I was coming to this party I never would've gotten married!
天啊!如果我知道,我要参加这个派对……我就一定不会结婚!
Matthew Ashford: It was nice to meet you Rachel.
很高兴认识你。
Rachel: Nice to meet you.
很高兴认识你。
Matthew Ashford: Call me.
打电话给我。
Rachel: Ok.
好的。
Monica: We will!
我们会的!
Monica: Look at you with all the guys!
瞧瞧你周旋在众多男生之间!
Rachel: Yeah!
是啊!
Monica: I guess you have forgotten all about Joey?
我猜你把乔伊都忘光了?
Rachel: Yeah, well, I guess, I guess I have forgotten about Joey and clearly you've forgotten about Chandler!
是的,我想我是忘了乔伊而很明显地,你也忘了钱德!
Monica: Please ... Chandler is the love of my life ... oooh leather pants! Have mercy!
拜托,钱德是我的挚爱……唔皮裤耶!不会吧!
Charlie: So, did you get to go to things like this often?
你常常参加这种派对吗?
Ross: Ok, come on, this is New York.
是啊,这里是纽约耶。
Ross: I mean, one night you're at a rooftop party filled with soap stars, and the next night, you're ... uhm, who am I kidding, this is so cool.
我是说,有时候晚上在屋顶上跟很多肥皂剧明星开派对……有时候,就是……我是在骗谁呢,这实在太酷了!
Ross: So, eh ... it's probably gonna be hard for you to leave Boston, huh?
离开波士顿对你而言一定很困难吧?
Charlie: Actually, I'm kinda happy to be leaving ... I just broke up with someone.
事实上我很高兴离开那,我刚刚分手。
Ross: Ooh ... so sad ...
真令人伤心。
Ross: Uh, still, it can't be easy for you to leave Harvard? Especially after working alongside a Nobel Prize winner like Albert Wintermeyer?
但是离开哈佛 一定也是不容易?尤其是跟诺贝尔得主亚伯特·温麦尔共事过?
Charlie: Actually, Alby is the guy I broke up with.
事实上,阿亚就是我分手的人。
Ross: You ... you dated Albert Wintermeyer?
你跟亚伯特·温麦尔交往过?
Charlie: Yeah.
是的。
Ross: And you called him Alby? !
而你叫他“阿亚”?
Ross: I mean that's, that's like ... calling Albert Einstein ... er ... Alby ...
我是说,这就像是叫亚伯特·爱因斯坦……阿亚一样……
Charlie: Yeah, well, he is a, brilliant man.
对,他是个很聪明的男人。
Ross: Eh, you think?
你认为吗?
Ross: I mean, you went out with a guy who improved the accuracy of radiocarbon dating by a factor of 10!
我是说,你跟一个……提升了碳十四的精准测定法的男人交往!
Charlie: Yes! And while that is everything one looks for in a boyfriend, he had a lot of issues.
是的,而那正是每个人对男朋友的需求,他有很多问题。
Ross: Oh! like what?
像是什么呢?
Ross: Oh I'm sorry, I don't mean to pry ... it's just that this must be what regular people experience when they watch "Access Hollywood".
很抱歉,我不是要刺探隐私,只是跟……一般人看《直击好莱坞》有一样的反应。
Charlie: Ok, you want the dirt? Alby was seriously insecure.
好的,你想要知道内幕吗?阿亚有很严重的没安全感,
Charlie: I mean, he was really intimidated by the guy I dated before him.
他对我之前男朋友感到非常地不安。
Ross: Who is intimidating to a guy who won the Nobel Prize?
谁能够威胁到诺贝尔奖得主呢?
Charlie: A guy who won two.
得过两个诺贝尔奖的人。
Ross: Two? What? Don't tell me you-you dated Benjamin Hobart.
两个?什么?别告诉我你跟班杰明·赫伯交往过?
Charlie: Yeah ... for three years.
是的,交往了三年。
Ross: Oh my God!
我的天啊!
Ross: Have you ever been in a relationship with someone who hasn't won the Nobel Prize?
你有没有跟没得过诺贝尔奖的人交往过呢?
Charlie: No. But-oh there was my first boyfriend Billy.
没有。但我的第一个男朋友比利没有。
Ross: Oh yeah? no, no Nobel Prizes for him?
是吗?他没有得诺贝尔吗?
Charlie: No, but he did just win the McArthur genius grant.
没有,但是他倒是得过麦克阿瑟的 “天才奖学金”。
Ross: Huh ... huh ... what a loser!
真是个失败者!
Ross: Some more wine?
要再喝点酒吗?
Phoebe: Hey, Ross!
嘿,罗斯!
Rachel: How is it going with Charlie?
罗斯,跟查莉进行的如何呢?
Ross: Oh Great! After I finish my wine I'm gonna blow my ... eh. average-sized brains out.
噢!很好!在我喝完酒之后……我正常水平的脑袋会爆炸。
Phoebe: Oh, What's the matter?
怎么了?
Ross: She only dates geniuses and-and Nobel Prize winners.
她只跟天才还有诺贝尔奖得主交往,
Ross: Oh my God, at the Chinese restaurant earlier today, I put chopsticks in my mouth and pretented to be a woolly mammoth.
我的天啊,今天在中国餐厅……我把筷子放在嘴中假装是长毛象。
Rachel: I always loved that.
我很喜欢那样耶。
Ross: Of course you would, your brains are smaller than mine!
当然你会喜欢,你的大脑比我的还小!
Ross: Man, I can't compete with the guys she goes out with, they are so out of my league!
天啊,我不能跟她交往过的男人相比,他们比我好太多了!
Ross: Oh, my God!
我的天啊!
Rachel: Worse?
还有更糟的吗?
Ross: Oh much, much worse. I did my impression of Joan Rivers as one of the earliest amphibians ... "Can we walk"? Oh, you like that?
比那还糟。我还模仿琼·里弗斯(传奇女喜剧家)演出最早的两栖人 ……“我们可以去散步吗?”你喜欢吗?
Phoebe: No.
不。
Ross: What?
怎样?
Rachel: Come on! I think that's funny!
别这样!我觉得这样很好笑啊!
Rachel: Woolly mammoth.
长毛象。
Bitter lady: Well, I bet you are all thinking that "Now would be a really great time for an intermission", huh?
我想你们一定在想现在该中场休息了,是吗?
Chandler: oh yes, God yes!
是的,上帝,拜托!
Bitter lady: Well, you're not gonna get one! Cause in life there are no intermissions, people.
你们不会休息的!因为现实生活是没有中场休息的!
Bitter lady: Chapter 7, Divorce is a 4 letter word.
现在开始第七章:离婚是四个字!
Bitter lady: How could he leave me? !
他怎么可以离开我呢?
Chandler: I ... I don't know ... you seem lovely.
我不知道,你看起来挺可爱的。
Joey: Hey, Ross, this is one of my co-stars, Dirk. Dirk, this is my good friend Ross.
罗斯,这是我同事登克。登克,这是我好朋友罗斯。
Ross: Oh, cice to meet you.
很高兴认识你。
Dirk: Hey! So what show are you on?
嘿!你是哪出戏的呢?
Ross: Oh, I'm no an actor, I'm a professor of palaeontology.
我不是演员,我是古生物学教授。
Joey: The science.
科学的东西。
Dirk: Oh! Hey, well listen, I play a scientist on "Days".
嘿,听着,我在 《我们的日子》里面演的是科学家。
Dirk: And my character has just won a Nobel prize.
我的角色刚刚赢得诺贝尔奖。
Joey: Hey Ross, listen, Dirk was wondering about the woman that you brought and if you guys were together, or ...
罗斯,登克想问你带来的那个女生是不是你的女朋友,或是想要……
Ross: Oh, well, no, but I mean, she-she only goes out with really, really smart guys.
嗯,不是,不过……她只跟非常、非常聪明的男生交往。
Dirk: Hey, I got a 690 on my SATs.
嘿,我大学联考考了六百九十分。
Ross: I'd lead with that.
真是高分啊。
Monica: That's it, just sign right on the bra.
好了,就签在胸罩上面就可以了。
Joey: Monica!
莫妮卡!
Monica: Don't worry Joe, I-I won't come next year!
别担心 乔伊,我明年不会来了!
Joey: What you got there?
你那是什么呢?
Rachel: Well, just some boys gave me their phone numbers.
只是一些男生给我的电话。
Joey: Ah, let me, let me see! Damn, that's a lot of guys! Are you a little slutty?
真的吗?让我看看!该死,还真多男生呢!你是不是有点风骚呢?
Rachel: I think I am.
没错。
Joey: Let me see if I approve any of these clowns. This guy wears a rug.
让我看看有哪些小丑是够格的。这个男的戴假发。
Rachel: Well ...
喔……
Joey: This guy's Canadian.
这个男的是加拿大人。
Joey: And this guy is in a cult, ok, and it costs you $5,000 to get to level three and I don't feel any different.
这个男的参加秘密教派,你得花五千块才能升到第三级,但我也没有感到有什么不同。
Joey: Pass, pass, oh pass, pass ...
跳过,哈……喔,跳过,跳过……
Rachel: Why, why, what's wrong with these guys?
为什么?这些男生有什么不好的?
Joey: Well, nothing major, it's just that, you know, they're not really good enough for you, and you deserve the best.
嗯,没有什么特别不好的,只是他们全都配不上你,而你应该跟最好的人在一起。
Rachel: Joey, you're so sweet.
乔伊,你真是贴心。
Joey: It's true. But you know what, it doesn't matter because I already know who you're gonna go home with tonight.
那倒是。不过没关系,我已经知道你会跟谁回家了。
Rachel: Who?
谁?
Joey: Me.
我。
Rachel: What?
什么?
Rachel: Really?
真的?
Joey: Yeah, because we live together, it's a joke!
是啊,因为我们住在一起,开玩笑的!
Rachel: Oh, Very funny ... Really. I got it.
是啊,真好笑!我听懂了。
Joey: Got you!
唬到你了!
Rachel: You're funny, Joey. Oh, my God.
你真好笑,乔伊。喔,我的天。
Chandler: So, how did you enjoy the play?
喜欢那场舞台剧表演吗?
Monica: Oh, my God, honey, I'm so so so so so so sorry.
我的天,亲爱的,我真是抱歉。
Chandler: Well you should be.
没错。
Chandler: You missed the most powerful three hours in the history of the theater.
你错失了戏剧史上最强劲的三个小时。
Monica: You really liked it?
你真的喜欢吗?
Chandler: Oh yeah! I mean at first I hated it, but why wouldn't I, because as a man I've been trained not to listen!
对,一开始我是很讨厌的,我一定会的啊,因为身为男人,我就是被训练成不要聆听的!
Chandler: But after chapter 16, "fat, single and ready to mingle",
但是在第十六章之后,《肥胖、单身而且准备好要乱搞》。
Chandler: I was uplifted.
我就被鼓舞起来了。
Monica: Oh really?
真的吗?
Chandler: Oh, yeah, I had no idea the amazing journey you go through as a woman! Tell me, tell me about your first period!
是的,我根本不晓得女人的经历过程是这样的神奇,告诉我,跟我说你的第一次生理期!
Monica: No!
不!
Chandler: Did somebody sign your bra?
有人在你的胸罩上签名吗?
Monica: So I got it when I was 13. Very difficult.
我是十三岁时候来的。非常难过。
Phoebe: Hey Ross! So, listen, about you and-and the dinosaur girl, are you really just gonna let a couple of Nobel prizes scare you off? What is that, come on, a piece of paper?
嘿罗斯!听着,关于你跟那个恐龙女生的事,你真的就要让几个诺贝尔奖把你吓走吗?那是怎样?不过是几张论文不是吗?
Ross: It's actually a million dollar prize.
事实上是一百万的奖金。
Phoebe: Go Charlie!
查莉你真行!
Phoebe: But my point is, ok so she dated them but she also broke up with them.
但是我的重点是……她是跟他们交往过,不过都分手了啊。
Phoebe: Maybe she's looking to, you know, slum it with some average Joe PhD.
或许她正在寻找一般平凡的博士而已。
Ross: Yeah, maybe. And I do have my whole career in front of me. I mean, I-I could still win a Nobel prize.
或许吧,而我的事业正在发展中。我是说……我还是有可能赢得诺贝尔奖的。
Ross: Although, the last two papers I-I've written were widely discredited.
虽然我最近的两份论文被广泛地批评过。
Phoebe: You're so much more than just brains! You're sweet, and kind, and funny ...
你不只是聪明而已,你很贴心、很仁慈又很风趣……
Ross: And sexy.
还有性感。
Phoebe: Ok well give her a chance to see all of that!
好的,给她一个机会见识这全部!
Ross: Yeah, yeah, you're right, thanks Pheebs, I'm gonna go find her.
对,你说的没错,谢谢,我要去找她了。
Phoebe: Good for you! Hey, and I thought your paper on punctuated equilibrium in the Devonian era was top-notch!
太好了!还有你关于泥盆纪时期突显均势的论文,是有很精辟见解的!
Ross: Stop going through my stuff!
不要再翻我的东西了!
Rachel: Hey!
嘿!
Monica: Hey!
嘿!
Rachel: I just wanted to let you know, I've changed my mind: I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna kiss Joey.
我只想让你知道,我改变主意了:我要做了,我要去亲乔伊。
Monica: No, you can't! Friends hooking up is a bad idea.
不!你不行!朋友在一起是件坏事。
Rachel: Please, what about you and Chandler?
拜托!那你跟钱德呢?
Monica: That's different! I was drunk and stupid!
那是不一样的!我喝醉了而且很蠢!
Rachel: Well hello!
拜托!
Monica: What about all the guys that you got the phone numbers from? Why don't you just kiss one of them?
那些给你电话的男生呢?你为什么不去亲其中一个?
Rachel: I could, I could, but I don't want to! I wanna kiss Joey!
我是可以……但是我不想,我想要亲乔伊!
Monica: Alright. I think it's a big mistake but it's your decision.
好吧,我认为这样是不对的,但那是你自己的决定。
Rachel: I'm gonna do it.
我要去做了。
Monica: And I can't stop you.
而我无法阻止你吗?
Rachel: No.
对。
Monica: Oh, can I at least have the phone numbers!
那至少把那些电话号码给我吧!
Ross: Hey Rach, have you seen Charlie anywhere?
瑞秋,你有看到查莉吗?
Ross: I'm smarter than him!
我比他聪明多了!
Phoebe: Hey, thank you so much for these tickets, Chandler.
谢谢你送我们票,钱德。
Chandler: Oh well, this was a really important experience for me, and I wanted to share it with you.
这对我是很重要的经历,而我想跟你们分享。
Monica: Oh, you're so wonderful.
你真是好人。
Bitter woman: Why don't you like me!
你为什么不喜欢我?
Bitter woman: Chapter one my first period.
第一章 我的第一次生理期。
Chandler: Can't believe you guys bought that, enjoy your slow death.
真不敢相信你们相信我,好好享受你们的慢性死亡吧!