手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 老友记(全十季) > 老友记Friends 第九季 > 正文

老友记 第9季:第21集 不孕不育之烦恼(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:villa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

Monica: It's so weird, how did Joey end up kissing Charlie last night? I thought you'd end up kissing Charlie.

真是太奇怪了,乔伊昨晚最后怎么会去亲查莉呢?我还以为最后会是你去亲查莉。
Ross: Hey, I thought I'd end up kissing Charlie too ok? But surprise!
嘿,我也这么以为啊!但是……惊喜!
Chandler: I missed most of the party.
我错过大部分的派对。
Chandler: Charlie's a girl, right?
查莉是女生,对吧?
Ross: Yes, she is this new professor in my department that I did not kiss.
是的,她是刚来我系而我没亲到的那个新教授。
Rachel: I don't know why Joey had to kiss her! I mean, of all the girls at the party, God!
我不知道为什么乔伊要亲她!有这么多女生在派对上,天啊!
Ross: Why do you care so much?
你为什么这么在乎呢?
Monica: Yes, Rachel, why do you care so much?
是啊,瑞秋,你为什么这么在乎呢?
Rachel: Be-cause Ross is the father of my child!
因为罗斯是我孩子的父亲!
Rachel: You know ... and I ... want him to hook up with lots of women!
你知道的,而我希望他可以有机会跟很多女人交往!
Rachel: Look, I just, All I'm saying is, I don't think that Joey and Charlie have anything in common.
我的意思是说,我不认为乔伊跟查莉有任何相同之处。
Ross: I don't know, they seem to have a shared interest in each other's tonsils.
我不知道,他们似乎对彼此的扁桃腺有相同的兴趣。
Phoebe: Wow, Joey and a professor! Can you imagine, if they had kids and if-if the kids got her intelligence and Joey's raw sexual magnetism ... those nerds will get laaaaaid!
哇,乔伊跟大学教授,你们能想像万一他们有小孩吗?如果小孩子遗传到她的智慧……还有乔伊的原始性吸引力……书呆子可以歇歇了!
Rachel: All right, so ... Ross, you're ok with all this? I mean…
好了,罗斯你对这一切都没关系吗?我是说……
Ross: Yeah, it's no big deal. I mean, I just met her and I'm fine with it.
又没有什么大不了的,我才刚认识她 我没事的。
Ross: Oh, God. I forgot how hot she was! I'm gonna get some more coffee.
天啊,我忘了她有多辣了!我要去多倒些咖啡。
Joey: Hey!
嘿!
All: Hi!
嘿!
Charlie: Oh you know, I'll come with you.
喔,我跟你去。
Ross: Ok.
好的。
Chandler: So, a professor, uh?
是教授吗?
Joey: Yeah! She is cool, and she's so smart!
是啊,她真酷,而且很聪明!
Joey: Her mind is totally acrimonious.
她的内心是完全的“尖酸刻薄”。
Joey: That's not how she used it.
她好像不是那样用那个词的。
Charlie: I feel like I owe you an explanation. I don't ordinarily go around kissing guys at parties.
我觉得我应该向你解释……我通常不会在派对上乱亲男生的。
Charlie: I'm ... well, I'm kind of embarrassed. I really hope you don't think less of me.
我……嗯,我有点难为情。我希望你不会因此而瞧不起我。
Ross: No, think less of you! No, I don't think less of you. I mean, you-you saw someone you liked and you kissed them.
不,瞧不起你?我不会瞧不起你的。我是说,你看到喜欢的人,然后你亲了他。
Ross: I mean, those people who-who like someone and-and don't kiss them ... those-those people are stupid, I hate those people.
那些有喜欢的人,却又不亲他们的人……那些人是笨蛋,我恨死那些人了。
Charlie: You know, actually I'm a little surprised to myself.
事实上,我自己也是很惊讶。
Charlie: I mean, Joey is so different from the guys I usually date. I mean, they're all professors, and intellectuals, and paleontologists mostly, you know, very cerebral ...
我是说,乔伊跟我以前交往的人太不同了。他们全都是教授、高知识份子,大部分是古生物学家,你知道的,非常有理智……
Ross: Yeah, I know the type.
是的,我知道那一类型的人。
Joey: Hey, if you wanna you know grab a bite before work we'd better get acrimonious. No? Am I getting close?
如果你想要在上班前先吃点东西,我们最好赶快“尖酸刻薄”。不对吗?意思很接近吧?
Phoebe: Hey!
嘿!
Rachel: Hi!
嗨!
Monica: Hey!
嘿!
Phoebe: Hey you guys! Look what I just got.
嘿,你们瞧瞧我买了什么。
Rachel: Oh, wow, I love those! Where did you get them?
哇!我喜欢这双鞋!你去哪买的?
Phoebe: I bought them off eBay!
我从eBay网站上买的!
Rachel: They used to belong to the late Shania Twain.
这本来属于去世的仙妮亚·唐恩(加拿大流行乐天后)的。
Rachel: Phoebe, Shania Twain is still alive!
菲比,仙妮亚·唐恩还活着!
Phoebe: Oh, then I overpaid.
喔,那我多付钱了。
Monica: Hey, what's this?
嘿,这是什么?
Rachel: Oh, it's a gift certificate to this new Spa in SoHo.
喔,那是苏活区一间新开水疗中心的礼券。
Monica: Oh, you can't show Phoebe this! She hates those corporate massage chains.
你不能给菲比看到,她痛恨这些大型连锁按摩中心的。
Rachel: Ah, why, now I can't get a massage? There are so many things that she disapproves of. I can't eat veal, I can't wear fur, I can't go hunting.
什么?我连按摩都不行吗?有很多事情她都不准我们做。我不能吃小牛肉,我不能穿皮草,我不能去打猎。
Monica: Do you wanna go hunting?
你想要去打猎吗?
Rachel: Well, I would like to have the option!
至少我要有选择的权利!
Phoebe: What's up? Hey, Rachel!
那是什么?嘿,瑞秋?
Rachel: Ahh!
啊哈!
Phoebe: No, you can't go there!
不,你不能去!
Phoebe: You know how I feel about these "big massage places"! They're putting people like me out of business!
你知道我对这些按摩中心的观感!它们害得像我这样的人失业!
Monica: And she wants to go hunting, too!
她也想去打猎喔!
Rachel: Phoebe, come on, I don't wanna waste it! It would be like throwing away a hundred bucks!
菲比,别这样,我不想浪费掉它!这就好像是白白丢掉一百块!
Phoebe: Ok, this is not about the money, ok?
好了,这跟钱无关,好吗?
Phoebe: It's-it's about, it's about corporate greed destroying our hearts and leaving us ... the-the hollow shells.
这跟大企业贪婪毁灭我们的心灵……然后让我们只剩下空空的躯体。
Rachel: I don't care about any of that!
我根本不在乎那些!
Phoebe: Well, do you care about friendship?
那你在乎我们的友谊吗?
Rachel: Oh!
哦呜!
Phoebe: I feel really strongly about this, Rachel. Please, don't use this gift certificate. I'm asking you as a friend.
我对这个真的很反感,请不要用这张礼券,我以朋友的身分要求你。
Rachel: Oh, not as a friend, Phoebe! Fine, I won't use it!
喔,不要以朋友的身分,菲比!好啦,我不用就是了!
Phoebe: Promise?
保证吗?
Rachel: I promise.
我保证。
Phoebe: Thank you.
谢谢。
Rachel: But I am going hunting!
不过我会去打猎的!
Monica: Hey honey! I missed you today!
嗨,亲爱的,我今天好想你!
Chandler: Oh, yeah?
喔,是吗?
Monica: Yeah. Hey. What'd you wanna do tonight?
是啊。你今晚想要做什么呢?
Chandler: Oh, well uh, maybe we could ...
或许我们可以……
Monica: Ok, trying to turn me on by making a mess? Know your audience!
好,想用把东西弄乱来让我性奋吗?多了解一下你的对象!
Monica: Besides, tomorrow we're doing those fertility tests and until then you need to keep your tadpoles in the tank.
况且,明天我们要做不孕症的检查 在那之前,你得要把你的蝌蚪放在池塘里。
Chandler: We really need to take those tests? You know, I don't like the words they use in those places, you know? They're so clinical. This is a pee-pee, that's a hoo-hoo.
我们一定要做那些检查吗?我不喜欢他们用的那些字眼,你知道吗?太医学化了。这是小弟弟,那是小妹妹。
Monica: Honey, we've been trying to have a baby for over a year.
亲爱的,我们为了要怀孕已经试了一年了,
Monica:Just think it's a good idea to find out if everything's okay. Just a few routine tests.
只是觉得检查一切是否正常是件好事。只是几样例行的检查。
Chandler: But I don't wanna do it in a cup!
但是我不想要弄在一个杯子里!
Monica: What is the big deal?
有什么大不了的呢?
Chandler: It's weird! In a doctor's office?
很怪!在诊所里?
Monica: It's not ok to do it in a doctor's office but it is ok to do it in a parked car behind a Taco Bell?
不能在诊所做……但是在塔可钟快餐后面的停车场就可以吗?
Chandler: I cannot believe Ross told you that! And in my defense, it was a Wendy's!
我不敢相信罗斯告诉了你!但是我要澄清的是,那是在温蒂汉堡!
Monica: Oh, ok, I don't wanna do this test either, but I really do think it's a good idea!
听着,我也不想做那些检查,但是我真的认为这是个好主意!
Chandler: Yeah, ok. I'm sure that doctor's office can't be worst than on a class trip to the Hershey's factory!
我想在医院做总不会比……在去巧克力工厂的路上做还糟糕吧?
Monica: Oh!
喔!
Chandler: Oh, yeah! Rachel talks too!
是的!瑞秋也是大嘴巴!
Joey: Who says that wine has to cost more than milk!
谁说酒一定要比牛奶贵呢?
Joey: Heeey!
嘿!
Charlie: Hi!
嗨!
Joey: Come on in, how are ya?
请进,你好吗?
Charlie: I'm good!
我很好!
Joey: Can I offer you a drink?
你要喝一杯吗?
Charlie: Please, I have been crazed all day!
好的,我整天都忙疯了!
Charlie: I had a meeting with the dean, and my syllabus for summer school is due and I'm writing the foreword for a friend's book ...
我跟系主任开了会,我暑期班的课程表又要交……然后我要帮一个朋友写新书的序……
Joey: Yeah, I had a pretty hectic day at work too, today I had to open a door and go ohhhh!
我今天工作也很忙,今天我要开门然后出去!
Charlie: So I am just so excited to be here.
所以我很兴奋能够来到这里。
Charlie: I mean I can't wait to start exploring the city!
我等不及要发掘这个城市了!
Joey: Hey, if you need a tour guide ...
如果你需要导游……
Charlie: Oh, you mean it? That would be so fun!
你是说真的吗?一定会很好玩!
Joey: Oh, yeah, definitely, definitely ok. Uh, what do you wanna see first?
喔,是一定的,好了,你想先去哪里呢?
Charlie: Oh, well, we can go see the Kronos Quartet at the Avery Fisher Hall.
我们可以去国家音乐厅听克诺斯四重奏。
Joey: Ok!
好的!
Charlie: And, oh, there is a collection of Walt Whitman letters on display at the public library.
在市立图书馆有惠特曼书信的展览。
Joey: I know, yeah!
我知道!
Charlie: Ahh. Uhm, but first, I have to see the MET!
但是,我想先去看看大都会博物馆!
Joey: Ok, let me stop you right there. The Mets suck, ok? You wanna see the Yankees.
好的,让我先打断一下。大都会队逊毙了,好吗?你会比较喜欢洋基队的。
Charlie: No, no, not the Mets, the MET, singular!
不,不是大都会队,是大都会,是单数!
Joey: Which one, they all suck!
哪一队?反正他们全部都很逊!
Charlie: The museum!
博物馆!
Joey: I don't think so.
我可不认为这一队会好到哪里去。
Rachel: Hi there!
嗨!
Receptionist: Hello, welcome to Lavender Day Spa. How may I help you?
嗨,欢迎光临薰衣草芳香疗法。我能为您服务吗?
Rachel: Oh, hi. I'm, I have a massage appointment under Rachel Green.
嗨,我是瑞秋·格林,我有预约按摩。
Receptionist: Okay.
好的。
Rachel: and here is my gift certificate.
这是我的礼券。
Receptionist: This's been torn up.
这被撕掉了。
Rachel: And ... taped back together.
而且被粘回去了。
Receptionist: Ok, well, I'll call you as soon as your massage therapist is ready.
好的,等您的按摩师准备好后,我会马上通知您的。
Rachel: Ok.
好的。
Receptionist: Have a seat through the glass doors.
请在玻璃门外的沙发坐一下。
Rachel: Through the glass doors.
在玻璃门外。
Receptionist: Through the glass doors.
在玻璃门外。
Rachel: Alrighty then.
好的。
Receptionist: Phoebe, your next client's in the waiting room.
菲比,你的下一位客人在候客室等着。
Phoebe: Ok. Do we have to talk like that when they're not around?
当客人不在的时候,我们也要这样说话吗?
Phoebe: Oh, no, no, no! Listen, is there someone who can fill in for me?
喔,不不不……听着,有人可以帮我做这一个吗?
Receptionist: Sorry, everyone is booked!
对不起,大家都被预约了!
Phoebe: But that woman can't know I work here. She's a friend of mine and I made this big stink about how awful this massage chains are.
那女人不能知道我在这里工作。她是我朋友,而我告诉她我很讨厌这些糟糕的按摩连锁店。
Receptionist: Then why do you work here?
那你为什么要在这里工作呢?
Phoebe: Cause it's good money! But that doesn't change the fact that this is an evil blood sucking corporate machine!
因为薪水很好啊!但是那并不会改变……这是个邪恶、吸血、大企业体的事实!
Receptionist: Well, I think this is a great place to work!
我倒是觉得这是个不错的工作环境!
Phoebe: Ok, are they listening?
好,他们有在监听吗?
Joey: Ross!
罗斯!
Ross: Hi!
嗨!
Joey: I uh, I need to talk to you about Charlie.
我需要跟你谈查莉的事。
Ross: Oh, do you, do you really?
喔,真的吗?有必要吗?
Joey: Yeah, I'm ... I'm kinda having a little problem.
是啊,我有一点小问题。
Ross: Look, if you don't know what the word "acrimonious" means, just don't use it!
听着,如果你不知道“尖酸刻薄” 是什么意思,那就不要用它!
Joey: No, look, you know Charlie, right? She's cool, she's funny, her body is soo ...
听着,你了解查莉,不是吗?她很酷、风趣,而且她的身材又很……
Ross: Get to the problem!
说重点!
Joey: Right. It's just that she's so much smarter than all the girls I've ever dated! Combined!
好的,她只是比我约会过的所有女生……全部加起来都还要聪明!
Joey: You know, and I just, I don't want her to think I'm stupid!
你知道吗?而我只是,我不想要让她觉得我很笨!
Ross: Are you wearing two belts?
你系两条皮带吗?
Joey: Eh, what do you know!
嘿,你怎么知道的呢?
Ross: You were saying you didn't wanna seem stupid.
你刚刚说你不想看起来很笨。
Joey: Right, right, right, well, she, like she wants to go to all this cultural places and I don't know how to talk about that stuff. You gotta help me out!
嗯,她想要去那些很有文化的地方……而我不知道要怎么谈论那些东西,你一定要帮我!
Ross: You know, I-I really don't wanna get involved in you guy's relationship.
我不想要介入你们的关系当中。
Joey: Oh dude, please, come on, you're the smartest person I know and I-I really like this girl, ok, I-I don't wanna lose her.
老兄,拜托,别这样 你是我认识的最聪明的人,而我真的很喜欢这个女生,好吗?我不想要失去她。
Ross: Fine.
好啦。
Joey: Thanks.
谢谢。
Ross: Ok. Let's see. Oh, you-you should take her to the MET!
好的,让我想想。喔,你应该带她去大都会!
Joey: The Metsss!
大都会队!
Ross: No-no-no! The MET! The Metropolitan Museum of Art.
不,大都会!大都会艺术博物馆。
Joey: Oh, that's what she meant!
喔,原来她指的是那个!
Joey: You know, if they're gonna shorten it, they should call it the MUSE! you know? short for museum, and avoid all the confusion!
如果他们要用简称,应该把它叫做“博物”,你知道吗?博物馆的简称,避免混淆!
Ross: Yeah, yeah, most days the place is packed with confused angry baseball fans.
是啊,很多时候那地方都挤满了混淆又生气的棒球迷。
Joey: Ok, all right, so, I-I'll take her to the MET.
好的,那我带她去大都会。
Ross: Yeah, uh, uh, ok, there's this great rare bookstore on Madison Avenue.
对了,在麦迪逊大道上有间很棒的书店。
Ross: You know what? She loves architecture, you know what you should do?
你知道吗?她热爱建筑?
Ross: You should take a walk down fifth to the Saint Patrick's Cathedral and there there's this great little pastry shop that she'd love.
你应该带她从第五大道散步,到圣派屈克教堂在那边有间很棒的烘培坊,她一定会喜欢。
Joey: Geez, sounds like you should be going on this date!
天啊,听起来好像是你应该去约会才对!
Ross: But I'm not!
但是我并没有!
Ross: You know what if you're in the mood for Thai food ...
你知道吗,如果你有心情吃泰国食物……
Joey: Okay, slow down.
好的,说慢一点。
Joey: You're going way too fast. Okay? Just go back to the Met.
你说的太快了,好吗?先回去讲大都会。
Ross: Ok.
好的。
Joey: So, you gotta tell me exactly what to do there.
你必须要详细告诉我在那边要做什么。
Ross: Ok, when you walk in the museum, take a right, okah? that's the antiquities wing.
当你们进入博物馆时,先向右转……那边是古代文物厅。
Ross: Ancient Egypt, Mesopotamia, up to the Byzantine Empire.
古埃及、美索不达米亚直到拜占庭帝国。
Joey: Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Ok, so, I walk in the door and make a right.
喔噢,喔噢,喔噢,喔噢,喔噢,好的,所以我进门以后,往右转。
Chandler: I have a weird feeling about this place. I mean how do I know that they are not gonna secretly videotape me and put it all over the Internet.
我觉得这地方怪怪的,我怎么知道……他们会不会偷录下来,然后放到网络上呢?
Monica: Because, honey, I-I mean this in the sweetest way possible, nobody is gonna wanna watch that.
因为,亲爱的……我以我能做到最甜美的方式告诉你……没有人会想要看的。
Nurse: Mr. Bing? Here you are!
宾先生?拿去吧!
Nurse: You'll go into that room and deposit your specimen into the container.
进去那间房间,然后把样本放入容器内。
Chandler: Deposit my specimen? You know, I usually have to call a 900 number for that kind of talk. Thanks, got it.
把样本放入?我通常要打一些900电话才能听到这种谈话。谢谢,知道了。
Monica: All right, honey, my test is down the hall, are you sure you're gonna be ok?
好了,亲爱的,我的检查在另外一边,你确定你还好吗?
Chandler: Yeah, I guess!
是的,我想应该吧!
Monica: Look, I know this is embarrassing, but nobody cares! No one here even knows you!
听着,我知道这很尴尬,但是没有人在乎啊,在这里根本没有人认识你!
Janice: Oh my God!
喔,我的天啊!
Chandler: Oh, Come on!
喔,瘟神啊!
Janice: How great is this!
这是不是太棒了呢?
Monica: Yeah, we're probably fertile, let's go home!
我们或许没有不孕,我们回家吧!
Chandler: Why are you here?
你为什么会在这里呢?
Janice: Well, Sid and I are trying again and we had trouble last time because apparently we ...
西德跟我想要再试一次,我们上一次有问题……
Chandler: No no no, I mean, why? why is she here?
不不不,我是说,为什么?为什么她会在这里?
Janice: Oh! Someone's a little cranky today 'cause they have to do it in a cup! Oh! They gave you the kiddy size.
有人今天不太高兴,因为他们要弄到一个杯子里面……喔,他们给你小孩用的杯子。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
metropolitan [.metrə'pɔlitən]

想一想再看

n. 大都市的居民,大主教
adj. 大都市的

联想记忆
shorten ['ʃɔ:tn]

想一想再看

v. 弄短,变短

联想记忆
hook [huk]

想一想再看

n. 钩状物,勾拳,钩
v. 钩住,弯成(钩装

 
singular ['siŋgjulə]

想一想再看

adj. 个人的,单数的,独一的,唯一的,非凡的

 
embarrassed [im'bærəst]

想一想再看

adj. 尴尬的,局促不安的,拮据的

 
collection [kə'lekʃən]

想一想再看

n. 收集,收取,聚集,收藏品,募捐

联想记忆
greed [gri:d]

想一想再看

n. 贪心,贪婪

 
syllabus ['siləbəs]

想一想再看

n. 摘要,大纲

联想记忆
confusion [kən'fju:ʒən]

想一想再看

n. 混乱,混淆,不确定状态

联想记忆
intelligence [in'telidʒəns]

想一想再看

n. 理解力,智力
n. 情报,情报工作,情报

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。