手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 生活大爆炸 > 生活大爆炸第三季 > 正文

生活大爆炸 第三季:第2集 莱尔德和潘妮关系出现裂痕(下)

来源:可可英语 编辑:ivy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

Ooh, big talk from a man who was once treed by a chicken.

被鸡追得逃到树上的人还真敢吹啊
What are we drinking now?
我们现在喝的什么呀
Peppermint schnapps.
薄荷杜松子酒
Why would you buy peppermint schnapps?
你买薄荷杜松子酒干嘛呀
Because I like peppermint, and it's fun to say schnapps.
因为我喜欢薄荷而且杜松子酒念起来很爽
Hey, Leonard? What?
喂,莱纳德,什么
Schnapps.
杜松子酒
You're right, that is fun.
你对极了,真好玩
Be careful.
小心啊
If I were not being careful, your telling me to be careful would not make me careful.
假若我不小心我不会因为你告诉我小心就小心
Stairwell.
楼梯里
Uhoh, flashlight went out. I need some batteries.
哦哦,手电灭了我需要电池
Hello?
喂?
It's really dark down here.
这儿好黑呀
Oh, sweetie.
唉,宝贝
You really can't hold your liquor, can you?
你真是不会喝酒啊
I'm okay.
我没事
Just a little mouthwash, and then I'm gonna rock your world.
来点儿漱口水然后你就等着乐个够吧
Are you okay?
你没事吧
Ugh, Toby, what did you do in a past life to be so disgusting now?
哎呀,托比,你上辈子造了什么孽现在活得这么恶心
His name isn't Toby.
他不叫托比
Toby is an absurd name for a cricket.
蟋蟀怎么能叫托比呢
What would you name him?
那你会叫他什么
An appropriate cricket name.
适合蟋蟀的名字
For example, Jiminy.
比如说,吉姆尼
All right, Sheldon, here we go. Kleingast's Field Guide to North American Insects.
好好谢尔顿,来吧。北美昆虫野外指南
Hey Toby.
嘿,托比
Right here.
就在这儿
See it?
看见了?,
The common field cricket, Gryllus assimilis AK Gryllus assimilis, which is Latin for "suck it, you lose."
普通田野蟋蟀学名拉丁文就是"气死你,你输了"的意思
Hang on.
等等
Voilà.
看看
The snowy tree cricket. Oecanthus fultoni AKA Oecanthus fultoni, which is Latin for I'll suck nothing.
雪白树蟋学名拉丁文就是"我气不死",
Of course I'm joking nihil exsorbibo because the Latin for that is nihil exsorbibo.
当然是玩笑因为那个的拉丁文是nihil exsorbibo
That is not Toby,
这根本不是托比
This is Toby.
就是托比
Raj, what do you think?
拉杰,你怎么看
Oh, I really don't care anymore.
我早已经不关心了
God, I had the most horrible night.
天啊,我昨晚上惨透了
Obviously another carnal fiasco with the shiksi goddess.
显然是与谢萨女神的又一次失败肉体接触
Shiksa. Shiksa.
是谢夏,谢夏
Forgive me. Yiddish was not spoken in East Texas.
对不起德州东部的人都不说犹太语
And if it was, it wasn't spoken for long.
即使说,也没说几年
Yeah, fine, whatever. The point is, you're wrong again.
好好,随你怎么说事实是,你又错了
We haven't established that I'm wrong once. All right. Tell you what. Let's go down to the Entomology Department and let Professor Crawley tell us what kind of cricket Toby is.
咱们还没说清上次我什么时候错呢,好了。这么办吧,咱们下楼去昆虫系让克莱利教授告诉我们托比究竟是哪种蟋蟀
He's a snowy tree cricket, and his name is Jiminy.
他是雪树蟋蟀而且他叫吉姆尼
I bet I could throw a rock in this room and come up with three better friends.
我打赌要是在这屋里扔块石头也能打中三个更好的朋友
Holy crap.
我的天啊
It's like Silence of the Lambs down here.
这块儿简直就像《沉默的羔羊》,
Don't do that.
不要那样
You're such a girl. There're just bugs.
你简直像个女生不过是虫子
Yeah, well, I don't like bugs, okay? They freak me out.
哼,我不喜欢虫子,怎么啦它们让我害怕
Interesting
有趣
You're afraid of insects and women.
你既怕虫子又怕女人
Ladybugs must render you catatonic.
瓢虫(英文:,女士+虫)还不得把你吓昏了
It was a joke.
这是笑话
I made it to lessen your discomfort.
我编来让你放松的
You're welcome.
不用客气
Don't knock.
别敲门
Just walk in.
尽管进来吧
Why be polite to the world's leading expert
对一位世界领先地位的
on the dung beetle?
屎克螂专家客气什么啊
Excuse me,
对不起
are you Professor Crawley?
你是克莱利教授吗
Who wants to know?
谁想知道
I'm Dr. Cooper from the Physics Department. Couldn't wait, huh?
我是物理系的库珀博士等不及了,等不及了
I'm sorry?
什么
I haven't even packed yet,
我还没装完东西
and you're already measuring my lab
你就已经来量我的实验室了
for one of your godless laser machines.
准备装你们那些无神论的激光机器
No, you don't understand. We just want to ask you a question.
不是,你不明白我们只想问你个问题
Let me ask you one first.
让我先问你
What's a world renowned entomologist with a doctorate
一位世界知名的昆虫学家有博士学位
and 20 years of experience to do with his life
有二十年的经验,当学校裁掉
when the university cuts off the funding for his lab, huh?
他实验室的经费之后他该干什么
Ask rhetorical questions that make people uncomfortable?
向别人吐嘈让人家不舒服
What's your deal?
你又是怎么回事
Are they planning to outsource my job to Bangalore?
他们是不是打算把我的职位外包到班加罗尔
I'm from New Delhi.
我是新德里来的
Maybe you should find another entomologist.
也许你该去问别的昆虫学家
No, no. We're here. Let's settle this.
不行不行,咱们来了就得弄清楚
Professor, can you identify our cricket?
教授,你能辨认出我们的蟋蟀吗
Of course I can.
我当然能
I can identify every insect and arachnid on the planet.
我能认出全世界所有的昆虫和节肢动物
Not that that's going to keep me from having to move in with my daughter in Oxnard.
但我也一样得去投奔我住在奥克斯纳德的女儿
And we're not talking
而且这不是
Oxnard at the beach. No!
海滩旁边的奥克斯纳德
We're talking Oxnard in the onion fields.
我们说的是葱地中间的奥克斯纳德
Well, could you look at Toby?
能帮忙鉴定下托比
Toby?
托比
What a stupid name for a cricket.
蟋蟀叫这名字真蠢
Told ya.
我就说嘛
It's a field cricket.
就是只普通黑蟋蟀
Yes! No, no, wait. Dr. Crawley, are you sure?
太好了,不,等等。克莱利教授,你确定吗
Young man, I've been studying insects since I was eight years old.
年轻人,我从8岁起就开始学习昆虫知识
You know what they used to call me in school?
知道上学时他们都叫我什么
Creepy Crawley.
爬虫克莱利
Cruel as that may be, but this is not in itself a credential.
这么叫你或许很残忍但并不能证明什么
Let me show you something.
给你们看点东西
See that?
看到没
That's a Crawley's dung beetle.
这是以我克莱利命名的金龟子
I discovered it after spending six months slogging through a Bornean rain forest,
我在婆罗洲的热带雨林里长途跋涉了六个月才发现了它
While my wife was back home shacking up with a twobit ornithologist who lives on a sailboat and likes to wear bootcut jeans!
而我妻子却在家跟个穷酸的鸟类学家同居了。那人住在艘帆船上,还喜欢穿牛仔喇叭裤
So, when I tell you that it's a common field cricket,
所以,我跟你说这就是只普通黑蟋蟀时
You can take that to the damn bank!
就是确凿无疑的(双关bank当银行解)
'Cause God knows I can't!
上帝知道,我都不用跑银行了
That tramp took me for everything!
那荡妇把我洗劫一空
Well, apparently, I was wrong.
很显然,我错了
Congratulations.
恭喜
Enjoy Oxnard.
祝你在奥克斯纳德过得愉快
I'm sure your daughter's looking forward to having you.
相信你女儿一直盼着你去
Oh, hey, Sheldon.
谢尔顿
What you got there? New comic book?
拿的什么,新漫画书
Old comic book.
旧漫画书
I just retrieved it from my safe deposit box.
刚从银行保管箱里取出来的
What do you have a safe deposit box for?
你要银行保管箱干嘛
Old comic books.
存旧漫画书
I lost this to Wolowitz in an illconsidered cricket wager.
在一场考虑不充分的蟋蟀赌局里我把这输给了沃罗威茨
What, do they have Wii cricket now?
什么,他们在玩蟋蟀电玩吗
That can't be very popular.
这可不常见
Penny, I'd rather not talk about it.
佩妮,我不想谈这些
Well, if it makes you feel any better, I'm not feeling so hot either.
看这能不能让你好受些,我也不觉得自己有多性感了
Why would that make me feel better?
为什么这会让我好受些
I don't know, empathy?
我不知道,有共鸣
Anyway, I'm just saying, that you're feeling upset about something with Howard, and I'm upset about something with Leonard. Yes
总之,我的意思是你因霍华德而觉得沮丧我也因莱纳德而心情不好,对
Yes, the disappointing sex.
不尽如人意的性爱
That's an inexact parallel.
这怎么能相提并论
You and Leonard can always return to being friends,
你和莱纳德总可以当回朋友
Whereas I can never return to a state in which Wolowitz has not bested me like Mrs. Riley's chicken.
我却再也不可能回到过去回到被沃罗威茨像莱利太太家的鸡那样狠狠地把我击败之前
What's Mrs. Riley's chicken?
什么莱利太太家的鸡
A chicken that was owned by MrsRiley.
就是莱利太太家养的鸡嘛
Okay, forget the chicken.
好吧,忘了那些鸡吧
Well, I wish I could.
我倒也想
No, no. You may be right about me and Leonard.
不,不。关于我跟莱纳德你倒可能说对了
Of course I'm right.
我当然是对的
What are the odds I'd be wrong twice in one week?
我一周出错两次的几率能是多少
No, I mean, we can always go back to being friends.
不,我是说,我们总可以做回朋友的
I just said that.
这话我刚说过了
This conversation has started to circle.Meeting adjourned.
这对话又回到了原点,休会
Hello. Hi. What's going on?
你好。你好。你怎么了
Oh,you'd like to catch up on the events of the day. All right
你是想知道我今天的所有行程,好吧
Well, there was a half-hour wait at the bank to get into my safe deposit box, I was forced to talk to Penny about your sexual problems,
我在银行等了半个小时取了保管箱里的东西。然后被迫跟佩妮聊了你们的性生活问题
And, oh, yes,
对了,还有
In a moment filled with biblical resonance, pride went before my fall,
在一个充满了醍醐灌顶的时刻所谓骄者必败
Causing my Flash 123 to go with to Wolowitz.
我把第123期闪电侠输给了沃罗威茨
Wait a minute.
等等
You talked to Penny about our sex life?
你跟佩妮谈起我们俩的性生活
Leonard,it astonishes me how you continually fixate on the trivial. I lost a bet to Wolowitz.
莱纳德,你不断地关注这些无关紧要的,真让我吃惊。我说我打赌输给沃罗威茨了
Right, right.
对的你是说你跟佩妮谈话了
Yes. Yes.
是的
Interesting.
很有趣
Hardly.
怎么可能
Excuse me.
失陪
Have I crossed some sort of line again? Little bit.
我又过分了吗?有点
Oh, who cares?
谁在乎
Uh, what did Sheldon say to you?
谢尔顿跟你说什么了
Not a lot.
没说很多
Just that we always have the option of going back to being friends.
就说我们俩总可以回头做朋友的
Is that what you want?
你想这样吗
I don't know.
我不知道
I mean, you have to admit things seemed simpler when we were just friends.
但你不得不承认我们只做朋友那会,一切都简单多了
I guess.
可能吧
It would take the pressure off.
那会减轻很多压力
It would, wouldn't it?
确实会,不是吗
So, we'll just be friends.
所以,我们就做朋友吧
Good. Good. Come here.
很好很好过来

重点单词   查看全部解释    
upset [ʌp'set]

想一想再看

adj. 心烦的,苦恼的,不安的
v. 推翻,

联想记忆
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
pressure ['preʃə]

想一想再看

n. 压力,压强,压迫
v. 施压

联想记忆
render ['rendə]

想一想再看

vt. 使成为,提供,报答,着色; 执行,实施

 
parallel ['pærəlel]

想一想再看

adj. 平行的,相同的,类似的,并联的
n.

联想记忆
disappointing [.disə'pɔintiŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 令人失望的 动词disappoint的现在分词

 
inexact [.inig'zækt]

想一想再看

adj. 不精确的,不准确的

 
absurd [əb'sə:d]

想一想再看

adj. 荒唐的
n. 荒唐

联想记忆
pride [praid]

想一想再看

n. 自豪,骄傲,引以自豪的东西,自尊心
vt

 
comic ['kɔmik]

想一想再看

n. 连环图画,喜剧演员,喜剧元素
adj.

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。