Max says... the only ideas worth writing about are the big ideas.
麦克斯说唯一值得深掘 延展的命题 便是伟大的想法
Big ideas, fewer words.
想法要伟大 但话要精简
You see, I'm lost without him.
看吧 如果没有他 我早就迷失自我了
Aren't we all? You know I'm a writer, too?
谁说不是呢? 你知道我也是个作家吧?
That so?
真的吗?
Max didn't tell you?
麦克斯没告诉你? 嗯
I've been working on a play for quite some time now.It's about Pauline, Napoleon's sister.
我正在写一出戏剧剧本 已经写了好长一段时间了 是关于波林 也就是拿破仑的姐姐的
Historical pageant, is it?
是一出历史剧 对吧?
Well, it's attempting to be more modern.
差不多 但我想加更多现代的元素进去
I wrote a play once.It was not a happy experience. I can tell you that.I found it an anemic form... lacking the multicolored cloak of prose. So I dumped the form and returned to my novels.
我之前也写过戏剧 但并不是什么美好的经历 我觉得戏剧非常平淡 缺少散文所带来的层次感 所以我放弃这种形式 回来写小说了
Do you have a title for your new book?
你的新书想好用什么书名了吗?
Your daddy and I have considered a bunch.Right now we're thinking about Of Time and the River."The River" 'cause that word just reminds me of my father.The river running away from his door and right back again.
你爸爸和我已经想出不少好名字了 现在我们比较倾向于《时光与河流》 “河流”这个词能让我想起自己的父亲 河流从他门前缓缓流过 几经波折又流回到原来的地方
That sounds like quite a long book.
听上去这本书应该也挺长的吧
Don't say that, Aline. I'll see you tomorrow.Keep yourself ready for me.Goodnight. Goodnight.
别这么说 艾琳 我明天就回来 记住要打扮好来接我 晚安 晚安