Now, I'm a Scribner's bestseller...I figured I deserve a little of the high life.Say it again, Max.
现在我成斯克里布纳公司的畅销书作者了 我觉得我有理由好好给自己放个假 再说一遍卖出去多少本 麦克斯
Fifteen thousand copies this month.
这个月卖出一万五千本 噢
Aline, you hear that? Not even the economy of the entire country... crumbling around our ankles is hurting my book.
艾琳 你听到了吗? 嗯哼 即使是现在整个国家的经济都受到冲击 但是我的书还是这么畅销
Have you read Tom's book, Mrs. Bernstein?
你有看过汤姆的书吗 伯恩斯坦夫人?
Yes, Mrs. Perkins, it's dedicated to me.
当然 柏金斯先生 为这本书我也花了不少心血
I wouldn't have been able to do it without my sweet Jewess.She bought the paper and the pencils.And paid for the typist.
如果没有我可爱的爱人 就不会有我的今天 纸笔都是她帮我买的 打字员的钱也是她帮我付的
That's enough.That's enough.
够了 别说了
She put a roof over my head... and food in my prodigious belly.Hell, y'all know how much I love to eat.
她给我提供住的地方填满我这食量惊人的肚子 大家都知道我有多喜欢吃
You must be very proud of the book... to see all your faith rewarded.
你一定对这本书很引以为傲 因为你对他的信任终于得到了回报
Our faith. It's our faith now, isn't it, Mr. Perkins? Tom couldn't have done it without you.
我们的信任 现在应该讲“我们的信任”不是吗 柏金斯先生? 没有你 汤姆是没办法完成这本书的
That's not true.
没这回事
You needn't play at humble pie with me. Tom speaks of your contribution with such passion.
在我面前 你不必故作谦虚 汤姆每次提起你对这本书的贡献 都充满了激情