He really can't seem to stop talking about you."Max says this. Max says that."
他无时无刻都把你挂念在嘴上 “麦克斯说这个 麦克斯说那个”
Easy, girl. Easy, girl.
冷静点 亲爱的 别这样
"Max, Max, Max."No, we should give Mr. Perkins all of the credit. I mean, after all, he is the genius... who made all of your dreams come true. He's the one who shaped that massive collection of words into a... into a marketable bestseller... putting it into the eager hands of readers everywhere. I mean, that is quite a triumph for Mr. Perkins, hmm?
“麦克斯 麦克斯 麦克斯” 我们应该把一切都归功于柏金斯先生 毕竟 是他这个天才 帮助你实现了自己的所有梦想 是他帮你将那一大段杂乱无章的文字 整合成现在...市场上的畅销书 让它得以满足世界各地的读者 对文学的渴望 这对于柏金斯先生来说 可是个不小的荣誉啊 不是吗?
The work is Tom's. He deserves to enjoy it.
这本书是汤姆写的 这一切都是他应得的
Really? Is that what Tom deserves?
真的吗? 这真的是汤姆应得的?
Leave Max alone.
不要再烦麦克斯了
I'm not speaking to you, I'm speaking to your elder. You should learn to trust your elders. They know what's best. They should also behave in a manner appropriate to their years.
我没在跟你说话 我在跟你的长辈说话 你应该学会信任自己的长辈 因为他们懂的比你多 他们也应该懂得如何言行 才算符合他们的身份
You're Thomas Wolfe?
你是汤玛士·沃尔夫吗?
I'm reading your book. It's a masterpiece.
我正在读你的书 真是一本杰作
Is it, now?
真的吗?
Very much.
当然 写得非常好
Look, um, I have some friends who are dying to meet you.You don't mind if I steal him for a tick or two?
听我说 我有几个朋友 非常想认识你 你们不会介意 我占用他几分钟时间吧?
Of course you don't. Oh, not at all. After you.
当然没关系 不 当然不介意 你先请
Okay. I'm Willow.
好的 我叫威洛
Nice to meet you. What a pleasure.
很高兴认识你 这是我的荣幸
Good evening.
晚安