手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 波士顿法律 > 波士顿法律第二季 > 正文

波士顿法律第二季(MP3+中英字幕):第3集 假期津贴

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Previously on Boston legal

前情提要
Always fantasize about my murder trial.
我总是在想象关于我的谋杀的审问
I think next time I'll leave little clues.
我考虑下次留下一点线索
What do you mean, "next time"?
你说下一次是什么意思
Hey, listen, I think you'll remember reverend Diddum.
嘿,听我说我想你还记得Diddum牧师吧
It turns out the reverend is also a lawyer.
结果这位牧师也是律师
I've decided to let him handle my divorce.
我决定让他来处理我的离婚手续
Instead of targeting the ex-husband, we go after the reverend. The reverend?
我们紧盯着那前夫不如从牧师身上下手,牧师
Three sexual harassment complaints.
三起性骚扰投诉
The man has a certain weakness.
这个人有个明显的缺点
What exactly did he say about killing?
他对杀人到底是怎么看的
It makes him feel godly.
那让他感觉虔诚
It was very empowering taking a life.
夺走一条生命是很有成就感的
That's not something we can arrest him for.
我们不能因为这样就逮捕他
We need to talk, Alan.
我们得谈一谈,艾伦
No, we don't. You've refallen for a former boyfriend.
没那个必要你和你一个前男友复合了
You've decided to go back to him. So be it.
你决定回到他身边,是这样吧
I would like to talk about it.Why?
我想谈一谈这件事,有什么好谈的。
To put a tidy little bow on it in celebration of the friendship?
是想用一个好看的小蝴蝶结来庆祝我们的友谊吗
We're breaking up, Tara.
我们分手了,塔拉
Let's not turn it into a hallmark moment.
不要把它变成什么重要时刻
At the root of our relationship was a friendship.
我们关系的本质就是友谊
That was perhaps your root.
那只是你的想法
For me, it's the little things, sharing a glass of wine as we do the crossword, early morning coffee, listening to books on tape while I teethe on your left breast.
对于我来说,不只是这样当我玩字谜游戏的时候,我们分享一杯美酒清晨的咖啡,听着磁带上的书咬着你左边胸部
Tara I'm sorry.
塔拉?对不起
I have little doubt you're doing what's best for you.
我有一点怀疑你现在做的是不是最好的选择
I decided not to go back to him.
我已经决定不回到他身边了
Then what is it we're not talking about?
那我们还争论什么啊
As much as it might not be him,I suppose he made me realize that it isn't you either.
就算跟我在一起的不是他我想他让我认识到那个人也不会是你
As much as I love you and...I do very much...
我非常的爱你?真的非常爱你?
I need to move on.I suppose it's better than moving in.
我得开始我的新生活了,我想这总比搬进来要好。
I really believe if a woman is going to move on,she should be required to move away.
我觉得一个女人如果想往前走的话她就应该要离开了
A woman once left me because the way I grunted during sex reminded her of her potbellied pig.
曾经有个女人离开我只是因为我做爱时的呻吟声让她想起了她的大肚肚猪
You grunt like a pig during sex?
你做爱的时候象猪一样哼哼
And when I fell asleep after,she said I snored like her pig, too. You just can't win.
等我睡着后她又说我的呼噜声象她的猪总之你永远是输家
Relationships end for all sorts of reasons.
一段感情结束的原因千奇百怪
The only thing you can do is go fishing.
你唯一能做的就是去钓鱼
Cancel the rest of your week, Alan.
取消你这星期的计划吧,艾伦
I'm taking you to Nimmo bay.
我带你去Nimmo海湾
Don't be ridiculous.This is not a meaningful life.
别开玩笑了,这样不是有意义的生活
Practicing law, drinking scotch at 9 o'clock in the morning.
打官司早上9点喝一杯苏格兰威士忌
Well, maybe the scotch is meaningful.
好了,也许威士忌是有意义的
But practicing law, making money,settling petty disputes,life is in British columbia in the great bear rainforest.
但是打官司,赚钱处理一些小争端真正的生活在大不列颠,哥伦比亚的大熊雨林里
God is out there, Alan.God likes to fish?
连上帝都在那儿,艾伦。上帝也喜欢钓鱼
We need to go to the woods and touch ourselves, get in touch with ourselves.
我们需要踏进那丛林寻找真我接触真正的自我
Man can only truly bond in the woods.
人类只有在丛林里才能真正的走到一起
Come on, Alan. Let's go fishing.
来吧,艾伦。我们钓鱼去。
I'm not a good flyer, especially helicopters.
我不是个好飞行员,尤其对于直升机来说
I don't understand the aerodynamics.
我也不懂空气动力学
And I'm feeling quite inclined to vomit.
而且我还想吐
There's fish down there, man.
伙计,下面有条鱼
In that case...Coming up to it. Look. There.
如果这样的话?到了,看,那儿
The Naiad explorer.There it is. Nimmo bay!
水泉女神探险号。就是那了,Nimmo海湾
They're surrendering.Do they think we're attacking?
他们在向我们投降。他们以为我们要攻击他们吗?
That's how they welcome the guests.
这是他们欢迎客人的方式
Denny, this may not be the time but...I hate nature.
丹尼也许现在说这话不合适,但是?我恨大自然
Mrs. Piper? Detective Stephenson. Remember me? No.
派珀夫人。我是斯蒂芬森侦探。还记得我吗,不记得
Is there someplace we can talk?
有没有方便我们说话的地方
After you came to see us,we decided to put a tracking device in Bernard Ferrion's car.
你来找过我们之后我们决定在伯纳德·费林的车安放一个追踪装置
He hasn't used it for a week.
他有一个星期没用车了
We knocked on his door, talked to neighbors. Nobody's seen him.
我们去找过他问过他的邻居,可没人见过他
We entered his house, looked around.
我们进入他家搜查
Seems he's vanished. Really? Gee.
发现他消失了,真的吗,见鬼
When was the last time you saw him?
你最后一次见到他是什么时候
About a week ago, I guess.
我想那大概是一个星期前
I had dinner at his house.
我在他家吃晚饭
Let's see, on Friday.Yeah, that's the last day anybody saw him.
我想想,是星期五。没错,那就是有人见过他的最后一天
What did you talk about?
你们那天谈了些什么
Well, if you must know,I decided to end our friendship.
嗯,如果你一定要知道我决定跟他绝交
Maybe he went fishing.I hear men do that.
说不定他去钓鱼了我听说男人喜欢钓鱼
Did he know that you tried to turn him in? No!
他知道你准备把他弄进监狱吗,不知道
If you hear from him,Would you let us know? Of course.
如果你有他的消息通知我们好吗,当然了
I'm making progress. What progress?
我有些进展了,什么进展
Just get him compromised and proceed directly to blackmail.
只要让他妥协然后直接进行敲诈就行了
Do not pass go... First of all, I am not about blackmail.
不需要绕弯子? 首先我不准备敲诈
In so many words.
说了很多遍了
And second, when I decide to screw somebody, even figuratively, I still like foreplay. Nice.
第二,我决定耍一个人时就是逢场作戏,我也要有"前戏" 很好
The man isn't stupid, Garrett.
这人不是个笨蛋,加勒特
I need to move slowly.
我得慢慢来
Please, dear father, give us the serenity to find accord,the compassion to find victory and fairness and to remember that despite our differences,
尊贵的神父,请赐予我们这宁静去寻求相通怜悯我们找到胜利与公平即使我们是彼此不同
we remain one man under God. Amen.
我们都在同一个上帝保佑之下,阿门
Okay. We last left off on vacation allowances.
好了,我们上次说到了假期津贴
I still have to deny that.
我仍然要说拒绝
Well, he was accustomed during the marriage... As a luxury. I like that we start with the prayer.
嗯,假设他还在婚姻中?作为一种奢侈我喜欢我们以祈祷作为开始
Thank you for that.You're a nice person.
谢谢你那样做,你是个很好相处的人
Can we table the vacation allowance for now and get back to health insurance? Sure.
现在我们能不能先把假期津贴搁置直接谈医疗保险呢,没问题
Give me a sec to just run these numbers. 10 o'clock, 2 o'clock. 10 o'clock, 2 o'clock.
给我点时间把数据准备好。10点钟方向,2点钟方向。10点钟方向,2点钟方向
Make up your mind. What time is it?
提起精神啊,现在才几点
Forward cast stops at 10, backcast at 2.
向前甩定在10点钟方向,向后就2点钟方向
You want to let the rod do the work.
如果你想要钓竿起作用
When will it finally be my turn?
到底什么时候轮到我
You guides aren't very good at sharing.
你们这些人不懂得分享
Okay. It's not a fly swatter.
好的,这可不是苍蝇拍
Where are all the fish?
鱼都跑哪去了
Can't hit the river until you learn to cast.
在你学会怎么甩竿之前是不会游上来的
Look at you, roughing it in the great outdoors.
看看你,在这美好的户外你还在那干坐着
10 and 2. Stop with the time. Hello, Catherine. Hello.
10和2 对准方向停下来,你好,凯瑟琳你好
May I help you? Well, I, uh... I may have a situation. Okay.
有什么能帮你吗,嗯,我,呃?我可能遇到了一些麻烦,接着说
I had befriended a man,Bernard Ferrion, a seemingly benign little person who had killed both his mother and neighbor this firm represented him.
有一个男人以前和我是朋友叫伯纳德·费林,一个看起来忠厚老实的小人物他杀害了他母亲和邻居这个公司是他的法律代表
Alan got him off both times.Are you aware of any of this? Some.
艾伦帮助他两次逃脱了严惩,你知道这事吗,一点点
Well, at his core, I maintained Bernard was not evil,which is, I suppose, in part why I befriended him.
好了,我之前觉得伯纳德本质上不是个恶棍我想是因为这样我才会跟他交朋友
But I suddenly became convinced he was evil and would kill again.
但是我突然确信他就是个恶棍而且还会继续杀人
I went to the police and revealed some things that may have been privileged.
我去警察局揭露了一些事情是需要特别对待的事情
I'm sorry about that.But my conscience...
我感到很抱歉,但是我的良心?
Anyway, the police said little could be done,which stunned me, of course.
不管怎么样,警官说还不能采取什么行动这当然让我有点震惊
Well, I became horrified, I suppose,at the prospect of Bernard taking more human life.
我想我开始感到恐惧了想到伯纳德还会杀更多的人
And? I killed him.What do you mean, you killed him?
然后呢?我把他杀了。你是什么意思,你杀了他
I bludgeoned him with his own skillet.
我用他的煎锅重重的砸了他
And now the police are asking questions,Catherine? And I don't know what to do.
现在警察开始调查了,凯瑟琳... 我不知道该怎么办
You killed a man? Yes, dear.
你杀了人,是的,亲爱的
If only your prolonged staring could bring him back.
要是你的凝望就能救回他该多好
She doesn't want us to go to the police.
她不想我们去找警察
She's not looking to turn herself in, so much as, I guess, she wants to be prepared should she be arrested.
她不准备自首根据这些,我认为她已经做好准备被逮捕
She killed one of our clients?
她杀了我们的客户
First thing we have to make sure of is,we don't have some legal obligation to report it.
首先我要确定我们没有法律上的义务上报这件事
No, we don't. A confession to you is privileged.
不,没有,她对你的坦白不受法律节制
What about our duty to Bernard Ferrion?
那你对伯纳德·费林的责任怎么处理
He was a client.I'm not sure our duty there would survive his death.
他是客户。我不确定他死后我们是否是他的代理人
Hit him on the head with a skillet?
用煎锅砸他
At a minimum, it would be a public relations nightmare if it got out that we knew and said nothing.
至少,这会成为一个公关上的噩梦如果被发现我们知道这事却保持沉默
I think we need to convince her to confess to the police.
我想我们要说服她去警察局自首
I don't think she has any intention of doing that.
我想她根本不会去自首
Where's the body? Evidently, in his basement.
尸体在哪,显然在他的地下室
She just killed him? Yes, Paul, she killed him.
她就这样杀了他,是的,保罗,她杀了他
He's dead. Can we move on?
他已经死了,我们接受这个现实吧
Tara, is this woman insane. Tara
你认为这个女人疯了吗?
Clearly, she must be. She has to be fired.
她肯定疯了,我们得炒了她
No, that would be an indirect violation of privilege.
不行,那样会造成特权的间接损害
If that action could indirectly... She kills clients!
如果那样间接的?她杀了客户
I think we need to convince her to go to the police.
我想我们得说服他向警方坦白
And if she refuses? We lie to her, tell her the police are about to find out.
要是她拒绝呢?我们骗她,告诉她警察就要查出真相了
We can't lie to her, Paul. She's a de facto client.
我们不能骗她,保罗,她事实上也是我们的客户
Doing nothing here could devastate the moral integrity of this firm.
我们在这做的任何事都不能损害公司的良好道德
Where is Alan Shore? He has a relationship with her.
艾伦·肖尔哪去了,他跟她有一腿
He's in Canada. Tara dumped him.
他在加拿大,塔拉把他甩了
Is he reachable? Apparently not.
能不能联系得到他,显然不行
Well, Shirley, you need to persuade the woman to confess.
好了雪莉,你得去说服这女人去自首
Even if it's to her legal detriment? Yes.
就算损害她的法律权益,是的
Sometimes the firm has to come first.
有些时候是公司至上
You can see them in there.
你可以看到它们在那儿
Look at the crystal-clear water.
看看这水晶般清澈的水
My fly went right by his nose.
我的鱼饵就在他的鼻子前
Eat it, you picky bastard.
吃了它,你这挑三拣四的混蛋
Should I be concerned that the guide brought a gun?
我们是不是要担心下那导游带着枪
Well, you never know when a grizzly will wander out.Relax.
好了,你不会知道灰熊什么时候会冒出来,别紧张
Just catch a fish, would you please?
钓你的鱼好吗?
Unlike you, I didn't eat back at the lodge.
我可不象你一样要回到小屋吃
Who cooks it, by the way? It's catch and release.
顺便问下谁来煮鱼,这是钓鱼,放生
What do you mean? We let them go.
你是什么意思?我们放它们走
What do you mean, "we let them go?"
你说放它们走是什么意思
We just traveled 3,500 miles. We don't get to eat them?
我们刚刚飞了3500英里我们却不吃这些鱼
I brought you out here to expose you to, to...
我带你来这儿来面对?
Big fish, which I'm now told we can't eat.
大肥鱼,现在你却告诉我不能吃
Once you see one and hold one in your hand, not that you will, because they're almost impossible to catch, but I might if the gods favor me.
当你看见一条鱼并在你手中并不会是你想要的,因为它们几乎是不可能被捉住的我也许可以捉条要是老天照顾我的话
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait just a second.
喔,喔,喔,喔,等一下
Did you say I might not even get one?
你是说我连一条都捉不到
It's called fishing, man, not catching.
这叫做钓鱼,伙计,不是捉鱼
No, no, no, no.
不,不,不,不
You haul me halfway across the world to help me get over my painful breakup with...
你拖着我绕了半个地球帮我忘记因为和分手的伤痛
Tara And now you're telling me the fish are uncatchable?By beginners.
塔拉. 而现在你告诉我这里的鱼是捉不到的对新手来说是这样
I'll get one if you just shut up and let me fish.
我能钓到一条只要你闭嘴让我好好钓
Fish on! Hey, we got one!
鱼上钩啦,嘿,我钓到了一条
Look at that! What do I do?
看看,我该怎么办
Keep it on your line! All right, tip up!
别让它跑了,好了,拉起来
Don't lose your balance, man. Stand up!
别失去平衡了,站稳了
Let it run. He's on your line! Don't horse it in!
让它游,它在你钩上,不要猛拉
Keep your line taut! Fight him, man, fight him!
保持你渔线的紧绷状态,搞定它,伙计,搞定它
The odds are, Catherine,the police will find out.
现在的情况是,凯瑟琳警察会查出真相
It is our united feeling that the best way to achieve the most leniency,is for you to go to the police of your own accord and tell them what happened.
我们都认为对你而言获得最大宽厚处理的最好办法就是自愿去警察局然后告诉他们发生了什么
You're lying, dear.Why would I lie?
你在撒谎,亲爱的。我为什么要撒谎?
Because the worst thing that can happen to this firm, is for it to become public that one of your employees murdered a client and you sat on the information.
因为能发生在公司身上,影响公众形象最糟糕的事情就是你们的一个员工杀了一个客户你们却故意不提这个
I may not be a lawyer but,it seems to me that if I confess, it might make things easier for them.
虽然我不是律师但我知道如果我坦白他们可就好办多了
Catherine, on the one hand,you tried to introduce Bernard Ferrion to your faith in the hopes of saving his soul.
凯瑟琳一方面你试着让伯纳德·费林信仰你所信仰的希望能够拯救他的灵魂
But denying this man a funeral,his opportunity to rest in peace with god,that isn't in keeping with his salvation.
却不让这个男人有他的葬礼剥夺他在上帝佐佑下安息的机会这样并不符合拯救他的意愿
Did you commit this act because he was evil or because you are?
你这样做是因为他是恶棍还是根本你也是
Because he was.Then I would advise you,do not let his final legacy be the destruction of your moral and spiritual character.
因为他是那么我还是建议你不要让他最后的残渣玷污你的道德和灵魂
This firm will defend you. I give you my word.
公司会为你辩护我向你保证
You will have this firm's full resources.
我们动用最大资源帮助你
I want Alan Shore.
我要艾伦·肖尔替我辩护
If I can get him back to the charity at heart discount of six and a quarter...
如果我能让他大发慈悲打个6.5折?
I couldn't sell it.
我不能妥协
Oh, I have a hard time believing that, Sara.
噢,我以前总是很难相信那个,萨拉
You seem so incredibly...compelling.
你看起来特别的?让人信服
Surely you can move Denise a little... perhaps in the way... you move me.
当然你会让丹尼斯有些感动?也许同时?你也感动了我
I'm afraid I'm going to have... to have another attorney handle this matter.
恐怕我得去?找另一个律师来处理这事
I beg your pardon?It's just divorce law isn't my specialty,and I feel Denise's interests aren't best being served.
能再说一次吗?只是我不擅长离婚诉讼并且我感到丹尼斯的利益被损害了
You're doing wonderful work here.
你做得够好了
We're almost at a meeting of the minds.
而且我们很多方面都达成一致了啊
It's not the meeting of the minds that concerns me.
我并不关心什么意见一致
I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that.
对不起,我不该那么说
What did you mean by it? Nothing.
你那样说是什么意思,没什么
I apologize. I'm gonna have to ask you to leave. Okay.
我道歉,我想你必须得离开了。好吧
I'm attracted to you.I mean, I'm not. I just think I am.
我被你吸引了。我是说,我不是。我只是想我是
Which is to say, I have a problem.Problem?
就是说我有毛病了。毛病?
I shouldn't be litigating with clergy.
我不该和牧师一起做诉讼
What do you mean?
这是什么意思
This has to just be between us.
这只能你知我知
You can't tell your client.
你不能告诉你的当事人
Should it ever get back to my client...
不能传到我的当事人那?
No, I give you my word.
不会,我向你保证
I, um...I have a clergy fetish.Clergy fetish.
我,嗯?我有牧师迷恋癖,牧师迷恋癖
I've been secretly prolonging these negotiations just to be close to you.
我一直尽量拖长我们的协商时间只是为了靠近你
Perhaps I can help.You need to leave. No. Sara... You need to go now, reverend. Just go.
也许我能帮你。你得离开,不,萨拉?你现在得离开了,牧师走吧
How did we do? He's ready to fall.
我们怎么做,他就要上钩了
When? He'll be back.And I'll close it.
什么时候,他会回来的。而且我会搞定的
I can't believe I'm here doing this.
真不敢相信我在这干这个
Well, we have to at least see the scene before calling the police.
好了,我们来现场之前至少要给警方打个电话吧
Why do they always put the dead bodies in the basement?
为什么他们总喜欢把尸体放到地下室
So they can still entertain.Well, there's nothing down here.
那样他们就可以继续找乐子了。好了,这下面什么也没有
Looks like she lied to us. Look.
好象她把我们骗了。看
Did she say he was in an icebox? Nope.
她有没有说他在冰箱里面,没
Open it. You open it.
去打开它,你去
Why me? You're a man. Do the math.
为什么是我,你是男人,就要干脏活
Oh, no. I'm not opening it.
噢,不,我不要打开它
I still can't believe I'm even here.
我仍然不相信我会来这儿
I make over a million dollars a year,and I'm in a basement looking for a dead midget.
我一年赚上百万现在我却在地下室找尸体
Good job! Another one? What's he got on?
干得好,又来一条。他钓到什么啦
He's bigger than the last one.
比上一条还大呀
Look, Denny, look! I see. I see.
看,丹尼,看,看到了,看到了
Keep your tip up. Tip up. That's it.
提住了,提住了,就是这样
Now let him run. Oh, my god.
让他游,噢,我的天
I saw his mouth. He had a smile, Denny.
我看见他嘴巴了,他在笑,丹尼
He likes being caught. You see how happy he looked?
看来他很喜欢被钓啊,你看他多开心
Okay, gain some line on her. Reel it in.
好了,收一点线,卷起来
Hold on. Let me check the drag there.
等等,我去看下鱼钩
The guide is bonding. Okay.
导游和我关系还真不错,好了
This is unbelievable, Denny. You have no idea.
这真难以置信,丹尼,你不会明白
You really should try catching one. Oh, my god.
你真的应该去钓一条试试,噢,天哪
You promised me Alan Shore.
你保证会是艾伦·肖尔辩护的
You'll get him as soon as he gets back from Canada.
他从加拿大回来就会来替你辩护
Well, why can't you just call him?
好的,你怎么不打电话给他
Because he has his satellite phone turned off.
因为他把他的卫星电话关了
You'll get him, Catherine.I promise.
他会来的,凯瑟琳。我保证
In the meantime, arraignment is set for 9 A.M. tomorrow.
同时,传讯在明天早上9点开始
Between now and then, do not talk to anybody.
在那之前,不要跟任何人说话
And I realize, Catherine, that for you this represents the challenge of a lifetime.
而且我认识到,凯瑟琳,那对你而言意味着能不能活命
We need to keep all our defense options open.
我们会使用所有的辩护手段
And for that to happen, you cannot talk.
那之后,你就不要说话了
Excuse me, is it unusual to catch five cohos in one day?
打扰一下,一天钓到五条银鳟是不是很少见
I mean, while your fishing partner catches none?
我是说,当你的钓鱼同伴颗粒无收时
If you caught five, I'd say you had a bit of luck.
如果你钓了五条,我想说你运气真的很好
Beginner's luck. You're not competitive over this sort of thing, are you, Denny?
新手的运气。你在这类事情上一点竞争力都没有,是吧,丹尼
Could you pass me the ashtray, please?Ah. Thank you.
麻烦把烟灰缸递给我吧。谢谢
I'd have reached for it myself but,my shoulders are a bit sore from all that reeling.
本来我可以自己拿的但是刚才收线弄的我的肩膀好疼
How many did you catch? I didn't fish.
你钓到几条,我没钓
So that would put you about even with Denny.
那你可以靠丹尼更近一点了
I'm sorry. Are you Denny Crane?
抱歉,你是丹尼·克兰吗?
I am. And I'm not your father.
是的,但是我不是你老爸
I'm Peter Barrett. I'm an attorney, actually,and I'm a big admirer.
我是彼得·巴雷特,实际上我是个律师我很仰慕你
Fine. I'm still not your father.
很好,可是我仍然不是你爸爸
You're a salmon fisher, Mr. Crane?
你很会钓鲑鱼吗,克兰先生
I catch 'em in my sleep.
我睡着都可以钓到他们
That must be the only place he catches them.
他也只能在梦里钓到
I see why Tara dumped you.
我知道塔拉为什么要甩你了
I'm about to.There's no Tara. Don't be deceived.
我也要甩了你。没有什么塔拉,别被耍了
Denny and I are lovers.I'm a heterosexual, and I catch salmon like one.
丹尼和我是一对我可是异性恋,钓的鲑鱼也是
Well, you won't be catching them for long, I'm afraid.
嗯,你不能再钓很长时间了,我担心
Wild pacific salmon are being wiped out.
野生鲑鱼正在灭亡
What are you talking about?
你在说什么啊
Sea lice are killing them.
海水鱼虱正威胁着它们的生命
The weight of evidence points toward the fish farms.
重要的证据指向了那些渔场
Fish farms? The penned fish in the fish farms host the lice,which attach themselves to the baby wild salmon migrating past the pens,and it's destroying them.
渔场,圈养的鱼渔场正是海水鱼虱的源头它们附着在小鲑鱼身上野生鲑鱼迁徙时经过圈养鱼然后就受到了毁灭性打击
I'm actually here because I'm going into court in port McNeill tomorrow to try to enjoin another fish farm from going in.
事实上我来这儿,是为了明天去McNeill港口的法院尽力阻止另一个渔场的设立
Boy, would I love to go in with the Denny Crane by my side.
伙计,要是丹尼·克兰陪我一起去就好了
You one of those environmental lawyers?
你也是一个环保律师
Is there something wrong with that?
有什么问题吗
They're evildoers. Yesterday it's a tree. Today it's a salmon.
他们都是恶人昨天保护树,今天又是鲑鱼
Tomorrow it's "let's not dig up Alaska for oil""because it's too pretty."
明天又说让我们别挖美国阿拉斯加州的石油了吧因为它简直太漂亮了
Let me tell you something.
让我来告诉你
We came out here to enjoy nature.
我们来这是享受大自然的
Don't talk to me about the environment.
不要跟我扯什么环保
All reality. None of it scripted.
全是真的,没有一点是编造的
Sara, I must tell you, I, Sara too, have felt a connection.
我必须得告诉你我也感觉到我们之间某种联系
Maybe what you're feeling isn't the product of a fetish so much as two of God's children desirous of coming together.
也许你有感觉不是因为迷恋癖只是因为上帝的两个孩子渴望走到一起
Take off your collar. I'm sorry?
脱下你的领结,什么
I want to see you as a man for a second, not as a minister.
我想把你当作一个男人看一会儿,而不是牧师
Please take it off.Now give it to me.
请脱下它吧。现在把它给我
Have you come to make love to me, reverend? Yes.
你会来跟我做爱吗,牧师,当然
We need to settle the case first, at a number where I can't possibly be accused of any conflict of interest.
我们先得把这案子搞定了有一个数字要处理,我不能因为任何利益纠纷被起诉
390 I can sell it to him.Can we make love here?
390.我可以妥协,我们能就在这做爱吗
I don't want to go anywhere. I just want to do it right here.
我哪也不想去了。我就想在这做。
It's what God wants.
这是上帝要我们做的
Can I watch? Reverend, reverend, you little slut.
我能看吗,牧师,牧师,你这个小色狼
What's going on?What's going on is you selling out your client for sex.
这是怎么回事?你为了做爱把你的客户出卖了
It's what God wants.
这是老天要我这么做的
I'm shocked. This is what's going to happen.
我很震惊,现在这样办
You're going to tell your client that he'll get a check for $100,000.
你去告诉你的客户他会得到一张10万美元的支票
He'll take it because it's more than he deserves,perhaps more than he'll get if he goes to trial.
他得接受因为这比他应得的要多了很多或许比上庭审判得到的更多
I'll report the both of you.
我要控告你们俩
To who? Your church or mine?
向谁,你的教堂还是我的
100 grand. Think on it. Pray on it.Off you go now.
10万美元,想想吧,祈祷吧。你可以出去了
Oh, my god.This book, "A stain upon the sea",it's all about these sea lice.
噢,天哪。这本书,"A stain upon the sea"讲的全是关于海水鱼虱的东西
Interesting. They call them "cling-ons."Did you say Klingons?
有意思,他们把它们称做"黏附物"你刚才说了克林贡人
They really could wipe out salmon if something isn't done.
他们确实可以让鲑鱼灭绝如果不做些什么的话
They have to do something.Don't you care?
他们必须做点什么,你不在意吗?
What's the worst-case scenario?
最糟糕的情况是什么
they're extinct in 20 years or so?
它们在20年内灭绝还是怎样
I'm 72. I'll be extinct in 10.
我72岁了,活不过10年了
What do I care?
我在意什么?
That would be humorous if so many people didn't think exactly that way.
那样会比较幽默如果很多人不那样想的话
When does the male bonding part come in on this trip?
什么时候男人的关系?可以成为旅行的一部分
I'm not into the Canadian weenie welding.
我可不要像加拿大那样光说不干
What scares you most in life, Denny?
这辈子什么让你最害怕,丹尼
I told you. I got the mad cow,and my penis only works on medication.
我告诉过你了。我得过疯牛病我的小弟弟只有靠吃药才能工作了
Yes, besides that.Dying?
是呀,除了那个呢?死亡
I've died many times.
我死了好多次了
Can we talk about something other than sex?
我们能不能谈点性以外的话题
What about you? What scares you?
你呢,什么会让你害怕
Being alone, I guess.Don't get me wrong. I love solitude.
孤独吧,我想别误会我,我喜欢隐居
I like it best in relationships. But...it's gonna feel strange not having Tara in my bed.
特别是在恋爱时但是?没有塔拉睡在我身边我感觉好奇怪
I've always had this feeling and I've never shared it with anybody.
我一直会有这样的感觉而且我从没对别人说过
But I'm convinced in a past life I was murdered in my sleep.You're wacko.
但是我很确信我会在睡觉的时候被杀掉。你是个疯子
I'm trying to be vulnerable here.
我试着在这里能够脆弱一点
Could you toss me a bone, give me something?
你能扔给我一个骨头吗,或别的什么
I know what you're doing.
我知道你想干什么
And I'm not sleeping with you. Forget about it.
我是不会陪你睡的,想也别想
Turn off the light. You're not getting my bone.
关灯吧。你不会得到我的骨头
Don't take this personally.
我这可不是私人行为
Keeps away the bad dreams. Understood.
可以驱走噩梦。了解
Denny I'm really glad we did this.Me, too.
丹尼?我真的很高兴我们一起来这玩。我也是
What are you doing in my bed?I don't know.
你在我床上做什么?我不知道
What do you mean you don't know? I got scared.
你不知道是什么意思?我感到害怕
I thought I heard a bear outside, and then I couldn't fall back asleep.
我想我听到有熊在外面然后我就睡不着了
Turns out I find pig sounds rather soothing.
而猪的声音可以让我平静
Plus your snoring is so rhythmic.
加上你的鼾声很有节奏
I just laid down to calm myself.
我只是躺下让自己平静下来
I'm sorry. We slept together.I won't tell. I promise.
对不起,我们在一起睡了我不会说出去,我保证
$100,000? And we're done? Yes.May I ask why?
10万元,接受吗?接受!我能问为什么吗?
Well, basically, reverend Diddum convinced me
that coming out of this
financially richer isn't worth it at the expense of my, um, well, dignity.
嗯,总的来说,Diddum牧师让我明白了用尊严的代价换来经济上的富有是不值得的
But the truth is, Denise, I can provide for myself,and I will make that tour.
但是事实是,丹尼斯,我可以用自己的钱而且我会完成那个旅行
Having to go a little hungry is perhaps exactly what I need.
也许吃不饱肚子可能那就是我想要的
If I inherit success, I can never earn it.
如果我拿了你的钱,我就永远不可能靠自己得到它了
So this is, uh... this is what I'm doing.Okay.
那么就,呃?所以我就这么做了,好吧
I admire that.Reverend Diddum,
我很欣赏Diddum牧师
I admit, I doubted your integrity. I'm sorry.
我承认,我怀疑过你的正直,我向你道歉
I accept your apology.
我接受你的道歉
Well, upon execution of the papers, I'll cut a check.
好了,根据这个协议实行程序我会开张支票给你
I guess we're done.What did you do?
我想就这样了吧。你做了些什么?
We made a strong presentation regarding the economics of a trial balanced by the risk factor of his losing.
我们进行了强势对话考虑到他可能输掉官司带来的经济损失
Then we made a compelling principle-based argument targeting character.
然后我们展示了一个基于道义上而令人信服的关于人格的争论
Ultimately, they were persuaded.What did you do?
最后他们被说服了你到底做了什么
Hey, Denny!You might want to speed up your retrieve.Oh, shut up.
嘿,丹尼。你还不赶快挽回你的面子呀?噢,闭嘴
Bite it! It's right in front of your mouth.
咬吧,它就在你嘴巴前面
Eat it! You miserable bastard.
吃啊,你这可怜的混蛋
This one came in quickly.
这条来得可真快啊
Maybe word got out I don't eat them.
也许我不会吃它们
I must be up to 15 by now.
现在我快要钓到15条了
Not that I'm counting. Denny certainly isn't.Picture? Why not?
我还得数数,丹尼明显就没那个必要了照张相吗,为什么不呢?
It couldn't be closer to your mouth.
我靠你嘴巴够近了
Oh, it's a steelhead. You got a steelhead.
噢,是条硬头鳟啊,你钓了条硬头鳟
One's more beautiful than the next.
真是美得空前绝后
Don't squeeze him too tight.
别捏太紧了
You miserable bastards!
你这可怜的小混蛋
God, these things are strong.
天,这些东西很强壮
They really are extraordinarily beautiful creatures.Got one!
它们可真是非常漂亮的生物搞定一条
Catherine, we have to offer some defense.Look at me, dear. I'm old.Older than you, even.
凯瑟琳我们得去进行辩护看看我,亲爱的,我老了甚至比你还老
I'm not gonna go out of this world making excuses.
我不会离开这为自己辩解什么
I don't know what your impression of prison is,but it's not the kind of place where you can sit around and knit Afghans for a few months and sell them afterwards.
我不知道你觉得监狱是什么样子的但是它不是一种你可以安逸的坐着打几个月的阿富汗毛毯然后把它们卖掉的地方
You are up on murder charges.
你正在受谋杀的指控
He was gonna kill again.
他还会再杀人
The police wouldn't do anything.
警察什么事都不去做
He had a look in his eye that he might even whack me if I crossed him.
从他眼神可以看出如果我阻挠他他会杀了我的
Well, I wasn't gonna wait for that.
我不会等待那一刻的到来
I tried to introduce the little weasel to God.
我努力把这只小黄鼬引向上帝
Well, now he can meet him up close, face-to-face. Can I fish yet?
好了,现在他在上面可以跟他面对面了。我能去钓鱼了吗
No. You still have a time-out. You just sit there.
不行,你还在禁钓时间,给我乖乖的坐着
As you said yourself, Denny,
就像你自己说的那样,丹尼
these fish are positively majestic. Sacred, even.
这些鱼确实很有威严,甚至令人害怕
And you shot one.Sometimes I get competitive. Really?
而且你射了一条有时我可很有竞争力,真的吗?
You've upset the guide.
你让导游伤心了
I'll tell you this, Denny.
我告诉你,丹尼
I see it now, how this kind of nature can renew you spiritually.
我明白了,大自然是如何净化你的灵魂
I really see it.Tell you something else. In our day jobs, we're lawyers,And we're good ones. What's your point?
我真的明白了。再告诉你一些事在我们的日常工作中,我们是律师而且我们是出色的,你想说什么
My point is, given this, given those salmon,there's a hearing going on in port McNeill.
我想说的是,考虑到这个,考虑到那些鲑鱼在McNeill港口有个听证会正在进行
We need to go be lawyers now.
我们现在得做回律师了
Your first logistical obstacle is the robes.
你们首先要解决的律师袍的问题
Canadian lawyers appear in black robes.
加拿大律师都穿黑色律师袍
We should be able borrow them.
我们应该可以借到
If all else fails, we could stop at a costume shop. What else?
如果所有方法都失败了我们就去化装服商店,还有什么
The judges are called "Milord."
这里法官称作"Milord"
Not "Your honor," but"Milord." It's a lot like in England.
而不是"Your honor"是"Milord"跟英国很相似
What time was the motion?
议案什么时候开始
According to the docket, 11 A.M.
根据事项表,是早上11点
How far away are you? 20 minutes.
你们还有多久可以到,-20分钟
Well, you'll probably join in progress, then. Good luck.And, Alan?
好了,那么你们应该可以赶上,祝你好运。嗯,艾伦
I miss you.Case number 932612,commonwealth of Massachusetts vs. Catherine Piper on the charge of murder in the first degree.
我想你。案件编号932612美国麻萨诸塞州以一级谋杀罪名对凯瑟琳·派珀提起诉讼
Shirley Schmidt for the defendant, your honor.
由雪莉·施密特进行辩护,尊敬的法官
We'll waive reading and enter a plea of not guilty.
我们放弃解释的权利,要求赦免无罪
I'd also like to enter the appearance of Alan Shore.Question of bail?
我还希望批准艾伦·肖尔出席。关于保释金有没有问题
My client has no criminal record,your honor, dating back to the 1800s.
我的当事人没有犯罪记录尊敬的法官,回到19世纪
She has strong roots in her community.
她与她的社区有很深的渊源
There is no flight risk.
并且没有脱逃风险
Personal recognizance for a homicide case... Usually wouldn't apply,but my client may have special medical needs due to her incredibly advanced years.
私人保释对于谋杀案来说?通常不允许申请但我的当事人对药物有特殊需要因为她年岁已高
And the criminal act in question here involves one lone incident of self-defense.
而在这正在进行的罪案审讯会牵扯到一个正当防卫的问题
Excuse me. You're pleading self-defense? We are.
请问,你是说正当防卫,是的
The defense will stipulate to the fact that she caused Bernard Ferrion to cease living.
辩护基于她导致伯纳德·费林停止生命这个事实进行
We will stipulate to cause of death.
我们会说明死亡的动因
The only issue before this court will be justification.
唯一要提的就是有正当的理由杀人
Hence we move for a speedy and immediate trial,citing, once again,my client's advanced years.
我们请求进行快速审理重申一遍我的当事人年岁已高
Ms. Murrow? We have no problem with a speedy trial.
Murrow女士有意见吗?我们对快速审理没有意见
Bail is set at $300,000.
保释金30万美元
We'll conference to set up a trial date.
我们将开会定下审判日期
The affirmative defense of self-defense is so noted.
既然确定是正当防卫
Mrs. Piper, you choose to address the court? No.
派珀女士,你要选择法庭吗,不
I just...is it possible to request the Robert Blake jury?
我只是?能不能请求让罗伯特·布莱克作为陪审团
There's just no scientific evidence that the sea lice are causing the death of wild salmon.
还没有科学的证据表明海水鱼虱是野生鲑鱼死亡的原因
That is ridiculous. Sea lice wiped out the salmon stock in Norway.
可笑海水鱼虱让挪威的鲑鱼灭绝
They wiped out the stockin Scotland.
让苏格兰鲑鱼灭绝
All we're saying is let's wait and do the research.
我们的观点是等待并继续研究
This is a vendetta against the farmed fish.
我们还得等多长时间呢
There's no such thing.
这样做对圈养鱼简直是谋杀
We have no issue with farmed fish so long as they can raise their stock in an environmentally sustainable manner and not host millions of sea lice.
不是那回事我们并不针对圈养鱼并且他们可以以一种环境可持续发展的方式来增加他们的渔产量
Closed containment systems have been shown to work.
而不是通过养大量的海水鱼虱
I have your briefs.I'll review the matter as well as the science.
好了,先生们,我了解你们的观点了。我有你们的简报
Greetings, Oh, Canada! Denny Crane.
我会以科学态度慎重考虑此问题。欢呼吧,噢,加拿大
Denny Crane Good morning, Milord. My name is Alan Shore,and Mr. Crane and I are attorneys from the commonwealth of Massachusetts.
早上好,法官,我是艾伦·肖尔我和克兰先生是来自美国麻萨诸塞州的律师
We seek permission to be heard on this issue as friends of the court.
请准许我们作为出庭人员的朋友听证此议案
Mr. Shore, we don't wear wigs in Canada.
克兰先生,在加拿大我们不戴律师帽
Nor do we wear waders.
也不穿长统靴
Milord, we've just spent the last two days in your rivers, in your countryside.
法官,我们前两天是在你们乡村的河畔度过的
It is the most spectacular nature I have ever seen.
那是我见过最壮观的自然风光
And the fish, they're enough to make one believe in a higher power.
而且那里的鱼足够让人相信自己更有力量
Yes. How many of the higher power's creations did you torture? 15.
是的,那么你折磨了几条"更有力量"的鱼,-15条
Denny didn't catch any.
丹尼一条都没钓到
I get your implication, judge,and I acknowledge the hypocrisy of the fisherman pleading for the survival of a species only so that he'll be able to continue dragging them to the shore by the lip in perpetuity.
我知道你在暗示什么,法官我承认钓鱼人的虚伪恳请使这个种群存活那样他就可以继续无止境的把他们钓到岸上来
But causing a fish discomfiture and causing it to become extinct are two very different things,
但是它们急剧减少和它们灭绝是两件完全不同的事
and when talking about the pacific salmon,this is a species that goes back to the ice age.
我们现在讨论的太平洋鲑鱼这是来自冰川时代的种群
One that is born on a river,migrates up to 2,000 miles in the sea, then returns to the very place of birth to spawn
当它出生在一条河里在大海里向上游迁徙2000英里,然后回到出生的地方产卵
against enormous, miraculous odds,bringing nutrients on its journey to sustain the bald eagles, the grizzly bears, the wolves,even the rain forests themselves.
抵抗着巨大而不可思议的威胁带着营养物它一路上承受着秃鹰、灰熊,狼甚至雨林本身的威胁
An entire coastal ecosystem depends on them.
整个海滨生态系统不能少了它们
If Charlotte the spider was still alive today,she'd be writing in her web, "some fish."
如果夏洛特蜘蛛今天还存活的话她会在她的网上写,"来点鱼吧"
Yes, well, forgive me,but I find it insulting to be lectured by an American on the environment.
是的,嗯,请原谅我我感觉到受到了侮辱听你一个美国佬在这大谈环境
Watch it, judge. We're a superpower.
看看吧,法官,我们是超级大国
Don't make us add you to the axis.
别让我把你认作邪恶轴心国的一员
Being from the United states, I have an expertise on the issue. Do you? Yes.
除了美国,我对这事也是个专家。你是吗,是的
Remember we're the country that's practically wiped the grizzly bear off our maps.
我们是把灰熊从地图上抹去的国家
We got rid of bull trout.
我们让鳟鱼消失了
To see a Florida panther, you have to go to a hockey game.
要想看佛罗里达的黑豹那你得去看曲棍球
We seek to count hatchery salmon as wild so the numbers go up and we can take the actual wild salmon off the endangered species list.
我们请求对野生鲑鱼孵卵进行统计,那么当他们数量上升时我们就可以把它们从濒危动物名单中去掉了
Almost a hundred different bird and animal species have gone extinct in the last 30 years,
接近一百种鸟类和动物种群在这30年里灭绝了
while our national policy remains "it's not a priority."
但我们国家的方针坚持,"这不是首要考虑的"
I know all about economic interests trumping the environment.
我清楚关于经济利益的一切都让环境无足轻重了
And truthfully,if we were talking about the Virgin island screech owl or the fresno kangaroo,
说实话要是我们讨论的是维尔京群岛的叫枭或者是弗雷斯诺袋鼠
I might not care.But this is the pacific salmon.
我可能不会关心但是这可是太平洋鲑鱼
The sea lice are killing them.
海水鱼虱正在杀害它们
Once they're gone, judge,my god, they're gone.Oh, yes.
当它们灭绝后,法官天哪,它们就一去不复返了。噢,是的
Mindful that abroad people tend to expect shock and awe when yankees arrive on the scene,we shall leave you with two small but lasting words.
请记得当美国佬来这里时,还期望能带来一些震惊和敬畏我们要留给你两个简短但是荡气回肠的单词
Denny Crane Next week?
丹尼·克兰。下个星期
Well, assuming she passes the psychiatric test and is deemed competent for trial.
是的,在她通过了精神检测而且被认为有能力进行审判的情况下
How can you get to a murder trial in a week?
你怎么能在一个星期内做好谋杀审判的功课呢
Well, there are no facts in dispute.
好了,争也改变不了现实
It comes down to justification only.
只需要找出正当理由
Paul, we can't let this case drag on.
保罗我们不能让这个案子拖太久
The more it lives, the more our reputation...
拖得越长我们的声誉就越?
Shirley, we cannot compromise the woman's defense just to quickly sweep it under...
雪莉我们不能放弃对这个女人的辩护只是为了尽快地?
Paul, we persuaded her to confess, for god's sake.
保罗我们已经劝她坦白了,看在上帝的份上
Now you're worried about compromising her?
现在你又担心危及到她
It was in her best interest to come forward.
那样做对她最有利
Oh, right. I forgot. We look better than we smell.
噢,是啊,我可忘了。我们看起来可没闻起来那么臭
Shirley looked at us kind of funny.
好象雪莉看我们时她觉得很有趣
Do you think she knows that we slept together? She might.
你认为她知道我们睡一起了吗,有可能
We still have that glow. Quite a trip.
我们还闪着火花呢?多好的旅行啊
I shot my first steelhead. Thank you, Denny.
我第一次射死了鳟鱼。谢谢你,丹尼
You took my mind off Tara.
你让我摆脱了塔拉给我的悲伤
You took me to a new land.
你带我去了新的土地
Most of all, took me to a new place.
其实是我到了新天地
What do you mean? You've occasioned, uh,a cynical, material,urban man to feel passion for a fish.
怎么说?你让,嗯?一个愤世疾俗的追求物质的都市男人对钓一条鱼却激情高涨
I think Canada liked us.How could they not?
我觉得加拿大喜欢我们。怎么能不喜欢
Here. I think we make quite a team, I can tell you that.
看,我想我们组成了一个很好的团队,我就是这么认为的
Yes, we do.We're good on the road.Indeed.
是的,没错。我们一路都很快乐。当然!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
enormous [i'nɔ:məs]

想一想再看

adj. 巨大的,庞大的

联想记忆
screw [skru:]

想一想再看

n. 螺钉,螺丝,螺旋,螺旋桨,螺状物
v.

 
reputation [.repju'teiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 声誉,好名声

联想记忆
lasting ['læstiŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 永久的,永恒的
动词last的现在分

联想记忆
fell [fel]

想一想再看

动词fall的过去式
n. 兽皮
v

联想记忆
axis ['æksis]

想一想再看

n. 轴,中枢

 
impossible [im'pɔsəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 不可能的,做不到的
adj.

联想记忆
skillet ['skilit]

想一想再看

n. 煎锅

 
presentation [.prezen'teiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 陈述,介绍,赠与
n. [美]讲课,报告

联想记忆
obstacle ['ɔbstəkl]

想一想再看

n. 障碍,绊脚石

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。