手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 福尔摩斯基本演绎法 > 福尔摩斯基本演绎法第一季 > 正文

福尔摩斯基本演绎法第一季(MP3+中英字幕) 第22集 找出自己的死敌

来源:可可英语 编辑:villa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Previously on Elementary:

《福尔摩斯:演绎法》前情回顾
Several weeks ago, he learned of the existence
几周前,他听说
of a woman named Irene Adler.
一位叫艾琳·艾德勒的女人
He's only loved one person in his life,
就我所知,这是他生命中
as far as I can tell, and she was murdered.
唯一爱过的人,而她被谋杀了
Your girl, that was him.
你的女人是他杀的
That was Moriarty.
是莫里亚蒂干的
And whom do I have the pleasure of speaking to?
请问我有幸在和哪位通话
My name is Moriarty.
我的名字叫莫里亚蒂
I believe we're overdue for a chat.
我相信这对话久违了
Well, if this is Moriarty, then, yeah, long overdue.
好吧,如果是莫里亚蒂,确实久违了
If?
如果
You're just a voice on the end of a telephone.
你只是电话那头的一个声音
I don't even know if you have a first name.
我甚至不知道你有没有名字
Mind telling me your first name?
介意告诉我你的名字吗
I appreciate your
我很感激你
passing my message along to Sebastian Moran.
把我的消息传达给塞巴斯蒂安·莫兰
I hear his prognosis is quite grave.
我听说他的病情不容乐观
So what?
那又如何
I expect you to feel angry
我希望你感到愤怒
because I manipulated you.
因为我利用了你
Rather easily, I might add.
而且轻而易举,我要加上这个词
Chin up, Holmes.
别灰心,福尔摩斯
Manipulation is my business.
操纵别人就是我的事业
Seems more like murder is your business.
看起来谋杀更像你的事业
A part of it.
只是一部分
Explain.
解释一下
Consider me a spider.
把我当成一只蜘蛛
I sit motionless
我静静地坐在
at the center of my web.
我织的网的中央
That web has a thousand radiations,
这张网有一千根放射丝
and I know well every quiver of each of them.
我能察觉到每一个细微的颤动
I do little myself, I only plan.
我的工作很少,我只需做计划
But my agents are numerous and splendidly organized.
但我的执行人数量庞大组织性极强
If there is a crime to be done,
如果你需要犯罪行为
a paper to be abstracted, a house to be rifled,
毁掉文件,洗劫房屋
a man to be removed, the word is passed to me,
除掉某人,我会得到消息
the matter is planned
制定计划
and carried out.
然后执行
So, you're a pimp, and assassins are your girls.
所以你就是老鸨,杀手们就是你的姑娘
Yes, I suppose that's one way of putting it.
对,也可以这么说
Irene Adler.
艾琳·艾德勒
Did you have her killed?
是你让人杀了她吗
That is the question, is it not?
这就是你的问题,不是吗
The one that's haunted you these many months?
困扰了你好几个月的问题
Why'd you do it?
你为什么要杀她
And what is your interest in me?
你对我有什么企图
You want answers.
你想要答案
I don't blame you.
我不怪你
But first, I require something of you.
但首先,我要你给我些东西
I'd like to hire you.
我想雇用你
Not as an assassin,
不是当杀手
though I do believe you'd excel in that position.
虽然我觉得你也可以胜任
I'd like to secure your services as an investigator.
我想让你调查一件事
A man named Wallace Rourke
一个叫华莱士·鲁尔克的人
was murdered in Brooklyn several months ago.
几个月前在布鲁克林被杀了
The New York Police Department investigated,
纽约警察局进行了调查
but failed to find any leads.
但毫无头绪
Bring his killer to justice, and I promise
将凶手绳之以法,我保证
I'll give you all the answers you can handle.
会给你你能接受的所有答案
Here we are.
就是这个
New York Ledger from December.
十二月的《纽约纪事报》
Wallace Rourke, mechanic, age 43,
华莱士·鲁尔克,修理工, 43岁
found stabbed to death in an alley in Brooklyn.
在布鲁克林的一条小巷中被刺身亡
Can we just take a moment to talk about what just happened?
我们能不能花点时间说说刚才的事
Mr. Rourke's missing wallet
鲁尔克先生丢失的钱包
and watch led the police to suspect
和手表让警方怀疑
he was the victim of a mugger.
他是抢劫案的受害者
Moriarty, or someone claiming to be Moriarty,
莫里亚蒂,或者一个自称莫里亚蒂的人
called and asked you to take a case, and you're doing it.
打电话让你破一个案子,而你答应了
And why wouldn't I? For one thing, he's dangerous.
为什么不呢,首先,他很危险
For another, you think he's behind Irene's death.
其次,你认为他是杀死艾琳的幕后黑手
Yes, and in the course of one brief exchange,
是的,而且在简短的交流中
I've already gleaned that Moriarty
我已经知道莫里亚蒂的
is between 40 and 45 years of age,
年龄在40到45岁之间
he hails from Sussex, and he has some interest
他来自苏塞克斯,而且他
or connection to Mr. Wallace Rourke.
和华莱士·鲁尔克先生有某种关联
As the case continues,
随着案子的进展
there will be more interactions.
就会出现更多的交集
And with each interaction,
而有了这些交集
more of the man will be revealed to me.
这个人就会暴露得更多
Assuming the man on the phone is actually is Moriarty.
如果电话里的人真是莫里亚蒂的话
Even if it is a mere minion,
即使只是个单纯的属下
just identifying the minion will get me
查明这个属下的身份也能让我
one step closer to identifying the man himself.
离查明他本人的身份更近一步
How do you know it's not a trap?
你怎么知道这不是个陷阱
How do you know he doesn't want to kill you?
你怎么知道他不想杀了你
He doesn't. How can you be so sure?
他不想,你凭什么这么确定
Because three years ago, he ordered
因为三年前,他让
Daniel Gottlieb not to kill me.
丹尼尔·戈特利布不要杀我
Last night, I was in the sights of another assassin's rifle.
昨晚,我暴露在另一个杀手的枪口下
Yet, here I sit.
但我仍毫发无伤
It couldn't be clearer-- he doesn't want me dead.
这再明显不过了,他不想让我死
Then what does he want?
那他想要什么
That's precisely what I intend to find out.
这就是我想弄清的事情
So...
所以
as we already know,
我们已经知道
Wallace Rourke was attacked
华莱士·鲁尔克被
by an unknown assailant.
一名未知的凶手袭击
His watch, wallet and cell phone were taken.
他的手表,钱包和手机都不见了
He bled to death in an alleyway...
在一条小巷里失血过多而死
He was married.
他已经结婚了
Perhaps a condolence call to his widow is in order.
也许我们应该去慰问一下他的遗孀
Captain Gregson wants a word with you.
格雷森警监想跟你谈谈
Can it wait?
能等一下吗
Not you. Miss Watson.
不是你,是华生小姐
Hi. You wanted to see me?
你要见我吗
Oh, yeah. Oh, come in.
对,进来吧
Sit down. Close the door.
请坐,关上门
You ever have trouble trying
你会忘记自己的
to remember your online passwords?
网上密码吗
Sure. Sometimes. Why?
当然,有时候,怎么了
I got this friend named Eddie.
我有个叫埃迪的朋友
We grew up together.
我们一起长大
He invented a widget for storing all your passwords
他发明了一种小工具可以储存
for your computer into one place.
你电脑上的所有密码
You know the one? Yeah.
你知道那个吧,对
He made a fortune, sold his company,
他赚了一大笔钱,卖掉了公司
and he moves his family down to Boca Raton.
把家搬到了波卡拉顿
Good for Eddie.
对他来说不错
Yeah, but not so good for his daughter, Kelly.
但对他的女儿凯莉来说就不好了
She ended up with a pretty serious drug problem.
她染上了很严重的毒瘾
I'm sorry to hear that.
很遗憾听到这个消息
So Eddie and I were talking on the phone the other day.
所以埃迪那天给我打电话
And he happened to mention that he and his wife were looking
他刚好提到他和妻子正在
to hook Kelly up with a sober companion
为凯莉寻找一个出院之后的
after she gets out.
康戒陪护
I'm thinking, I know a great one.
我在想,我知道一个不二人选
You know that I don't do that kind of work anymore.
你知道我已经不做那种工作了
Probably only take you a couple of months.
也许只需要你几个月的时间
It's not like you're formally committed to Holmes anymore.
反正你和福尔摩斯之间已经没有正式合同了
Right? Speaking of.
对吧,说到这个
He's already downstairs. I should go meet him.
他已经在楼下了,我得去见他
But you know what? I will give you some other names.
但是我会给你另外几个人选的
I'm sorry, I've never heard
对不起,我以前从没
the name "Moriarty" before in my life.
听说过莫里亚蒂这个名字
Does your husband do any business
你丈夫跟任何英国人有
with any British people?
生意上的往来吗
Wallace worked in a garage.
华莱士在修车厂工作
I mean, he knew a couple of Dominican guys.
他认识几个多米尼加人
When the police questioned you, you mentioned something
当警察找你问话时
about Wallace thinking that he was being followed.
你提到华莱士认为有人在跟踪他
Yeah. A few weeks, um, before he died,
对,在他死前几周
he kept seeing the same car
他一直在后视镜里
in his rearview mirror, but it just...
看到同一辆车,但是
it happened the one time, so the cops said
那只发生过一次,所以警察说
it didn't have anything to do with the mugging.
应该和抢劫案没有关系
Are those some of your husband's things?
那些是你丈夫的东西吗
Uh, yeah.
是的
Wallace was kind of a packrat.
华莱士很喜欢收集东西
Do you mind if we take a look?
我们可以看看吗
Yeah.
So, you said you're consulting detectives, right?
你说你们是顾问侦探,对吧
Not the real kind?
而不是真的侦探
Oh, I assure you,
我可以向你保证
the work that we do is quite real.
我们做的事情绝对真实
So, does that mean there's a new lead?
意味着有新线索了吗
Not exactly, but sometimes,
不完全是,但是有的时候
new eyes on a case can be just as useful as new information.
换个角度看案件就像新的线索一样有用
As a matter of fact,
事实上
it might be quite useful
多花点时间
to spend a bit more time with his belongings.
研究他的东西可能会相当有用
Perhaps we could borrow them for a few days.
或许我们需要借用它们几天
Sure.
当然
Uh, fine, yeah. Take whatever.
好的,请随便拿
Thanks.
谢谢
Um, I thought I read in the police report
我记得我在警察的报告里看见
that the mugger also stole your husband's phone.
抢劫犯还偷走了你丈夫的手机
Yeah, well, like I said--
对,就像我说的
Wallace is a packrat.
华莱士爱收集东西
He never threw anything out.
他从来不扔东西
That's his old phone.
那是他以前的手机
A few weeks before he died,
他去世的几周之前
someone bumped into him on the street
有个人在街上撞到他
and spilled coffee all over it.
并把咖啡洒了这部手机上
He had his new one on him when he died.
他在去世的时候身上带着的是新手机
Please... please... find whoever did this.
拜托,求求你们,一定要找到凶手
According to Wallace's financial records,
根据华莱士的财务记录
him and his wife were living quite close to the bone.
他和他的妻子生活得十分窘迫
Is that significant?
这很重要吗
Moriarty paid Sebastian Moran
莫里亚蒂付钱给塞巴斯蒂安·莫兰
and Daniel Gottlieb quite handsomely.
和丹尼尔·戈特利布相当慷慨
Oh, so, you think Rourke was working for him, too?
你认为鲁尔克也在为他工作
Moran and Gottlieb were assassins.
莫兰和戈特利布都是杀手
Perhaps he did something less dangerous.
或许他做的事没那么危险
Perhaps he was just good at hiding his money.
也或许他很擅长藏钱
Maybe, but why would Moriarty want
可能吧,但是莫里亚蒂为什么
to expose another one of his employees?
要暴露另一个他雇佣的人呢
It seems a little risky, doesn't it?
看上去有点冒险,不是吗
It's one of the advantages
我想这是作为一个
of being a shadowy criminal mastermind, I imagine.
躲在暗处的犯罪主谋的优势
You get to take the occasional risk.
你必须要偶尔冒险一下
But I see your point.
但是我明白你的意思
According to the M.E.'s report, Rourke's initial wounds
根据法医的报告,鲁尔克最初的伤口
were these two stabs to the chest.
是胸部的这两处刺伤
The wounds are smooth, not jagged,
伤口很光滑,没有呈锯齿状
which would seem to suggest that he was
这意味着他
not moving or struggling
在被刺的当时
when he was stabbed.
没有移动或者挣扎
You're saying he didn't resist?
你是说他没有反抗
I'm saying he was motionless
我是说他没有动
or maybe he was frozen in fear.
或许是他吓得呆住了
Wallace was a former Army Ranger.
华莱士是退伍的游骑兵
Given his combat experience, that doesn't seem likely.
考虑到他的战斗经验,那不太可能
See this bruise below his left ear?
看到他左耳下面的瘀伤了吗
That's from a blow to the mastoid process.
那是乳突(颞骨的一部分)受击后形成的
That's designed to stun.
这一击使他昏迷了
He wasn't frozen in fear; he was immobilized.
他不是吓呆了,而是动不了
Then the killer stabbed him in each lung,
然后凶手对着他两侧的肺各刺一刀
silencing him for good.
直接致死
Whoever attacked Wallace wanted him dead,
袭击华莱士的人就是想杀了他
and knew how to do it.
而且手法熟练
This is not the work of your average street thug
这跟那些在大街上
looking for a wallet, no.
抢钱包的恶徒的做法完全不同
Moriarty's right.
莫里亚蒂是对的
Obviously, there's more to this than meets the eye.
显然,真相远没有表象那么简单
And now...
但是现在
I require sustenance.
我需要吃点东西
Out with it, Watson, or you're gonna spend
问完再走吧,华生,不然你会
all night almost asking me something.
整晚欲言又止的
What was she like?
她是个怎样的人
Irene, you-you talk about what happened to her,
艾琳,你说过她的遭遇
but you never talk about who she was.
却从没说过她人怎么样
She was difficult to explain.
她是个很难解释的人
And I mean that as a compliment.
我这是在夸奖她
She was American.
她是美国人
Really?
真的吗
I held it against her only briefly.
我只是开始有些介意
She was an exquisite painter.
她是个出色的画家
She made her living restoring Renaissance paintings
她靠着为博物馆修复文艺复兴时期的画作
for art museums.
谋生
She traveled extensively because of her work.
因为这份工作,她经常四处旅行
She was highly intelligent,
她聪明过人
optimistic about the human condition.
对人类的生存现状非常乐观
You mean that as a compliment, too?
这也是在夸奖她吗
I do, oddly enough.
确实是,虽然这很奇怪
I usually consider it a sign of stupidity,
我一般把这当作是愚蠢的象征
but with Irene, it seemed...
但在艾琳身上,却好像
almost convincing.
很有说服力
She was, to me, the woman. To me,
对我来说,她就是那个人了
she eclipsed and predominated all of her gender.
全天下的女人在她面前都暗淡无光
She's the one I ever, um...
她是唯一一个我曾...
And the sex...
而在性方面...
You-you don't have to...
你没有必要...
I learned things, Watson-- me.
我在她身上学到很多,华生,我
And that hasn't happened before.
那是以前从未有过的
What is it?
怎么了
I think Wallace Rourke might have been right
我觉得华莱士·鲁尔克确实是
about being followed.
被跟踪过
Have a look at that.
看看这个
It's an old shipping label.
就是一张旧的运输单据
For the cell phone he had on him when he died.
是他死时身上的手机的
Look at the return address.
看回信地址
Uh, "Postal Unlimited.
"无限制邮政
2249 Lexington Avenue"
莱克星顿大街2249号"
All the major cellular companies ship
所有的主流手机公司
from distribution warehouses upstate.
都从州北部的流动仓库出货
And how does that equal him being followed?
这怎么就能说明他被跟踪了呢
Because the simplest way to follow someone in this day
因为在这个年代跟踪一个人
and age is to track them via their cell phone.
最简单的方法就是通过手机跟踪
It's a relatively simple undertaking
如果你有那部手机的
if you have the device's
电子识别码的话
electronic identification number.
这是一件相当简单的事
Which you would have
如果把手机调包
if you'd supplied the replacement cell.
识别码自然就会知道了
So who sent Rourke his new phone?
那是谁给鲁尔克寄的新手机呢
You learning anything?
想到什么了吗
Apparently, if my gut tells me I'm in danger,
很显然,如果本能告诉我正在危险之中
I probably am.
我可能就真的危险了
Profound stuff here.
真是深奥
Guy runs one of the biggest private security firms
这家伙经营的私人安保公司是全国
in the country; he's got to know something.
最大的几家之一,他肯定有点本事的
Mr. Holmes, Miss Watson.
福尔摩斯先生,华生女士
Hi.
你好
I'm Daren Sutter.
我是达伦·萨特
This is my wife Kate.
这是我妻子凯特
We were told you consult for the NYPD.
我们听说你是纽约警局的顾问
We have a few questions.
我们有一些问题
If it's all the same with you,
如果你们同意的话
we'd like to ask them in private.
我们希望可以私下里谈谈
Hmm, so you're a third-degree black belt in Kyokushinkai.
你是极真空手道黑带三段
That's impressive.
真厉害
Yeah, only took me 20 years of study to pull it off.
我花了20年才练成
Do you practice the, uh, martial arts?
你练武术吗
A bit of single-stick now and again.
时常会练练棍术
How can we help you?
有什么可以效劳的吗
This is Wallace Rourke.
这位是华莱士·鲁尔克
Your firm was tracking him.
你们公司曾追踪过他
We'd like to know why.
我想知道为什么
No?
你也不认识吗
No, I'm afraid we don't recognize him.
我们不认识这个人
Several months ago, you or one of your employees
几个月前,你,或是你的一个员工
ran into Mr. Rourke and made sure
故意撞到鲁尔克先生
that his cell phone met its end via a cup of French Roast.
使他的手机掉进法式烧咖啡杯子里
He ordered another cell phone from his provider
他又向供应商订了一部手机
but, according to them,
但是据他们说
never switched it on,
没更换成功
most probably because it was intercepted on route
极有可能是你,或是你的一个员工
by you or another one of your employees.
将其在半路拦下
Instead, unbeknownst to Mr. Rourke,
而鲁尔克先生在不知情的情况下
he receivedand began to use an identical cell phone
收到了一部你们公司提供的相同的手机
supplied by your company.
并开始使用
We found the shipping label for that
在鲁尔克的遗物中我们找到了
in Rourke's things.
能证明这个的运输单据
The return address is for a shipping store
寄件人地址上写的发货仓库
right around the corner from here.
就在这附近
A helpful gentleman identified your company
一位提供帮助的先生鉴定出
as the one who paid to have it sent.
你们公司就是付款发货人
Once Rourke activated your phone,
一旦鲁尔克激活了你们的电话
you were able to monitor his every move,
你们就可以监控他的行踪
and we believe that you did, right up until the moment
相信你们也这么做了,直到三个月前
he was stabbed to death three months ago in Brooklyn.
他在布鲁克林被刺身亡
Actually we only surveilled Rourke for a couple of days.
实际上我们只监视了鲁尔克几天而已
Daren...
达伦...
Well, investigative work like this merits
这样的调查工作至少该得到
at least some kind of an answer;
一些回答吧
it's not as if we can keep denying any knowledge of Rourke.
反正鲁尔克的事我们也瞒不下去了
Right?
是吧
You understand we're not admitting
你要知道我们不是承认
to tracking his phone.
我们追踪了他的电话
No, no, that would be illegal.
那这就违法了
We looked into Mr. Rourke based on
我们调查鲁尔克先生,是因为
threats he allegedly made against a client.
一位客户称他受到了鲁尔克先生的威胁
After a brief period of legal surveillance,
经过一段时间的监视后
we realized the claims were unfounded;
我们发现这项指控是毫无根据的
we stopped the surveillance.
然后我们就停止了监控
Who was this client?
那位客户是谁
I'm afraid that's confidential.
抱歉,这是保密的
Let me guess: the client who hired Sutter Risk Management
我猜一下,雇萨特风险管理公司
to investigate Wallace Rourke is
来调查华莱士·鲁尔克的客户
our new suspect in his murder.
是我们新的谋杀嫌疑犯
Now all we have to do is figure out his name.
现在要做的就是找出他的名字
Already have.
已经有了
First name "Made". Second name "Up".
姓"编" 名"造"
I don't believe he exists. Why not?
我不认为他真的存在,为什么
Because I believe we've already met
因为我认为我们已经见到了
Wallace Rourke's murderer,
杀害华莱士·鲁尔克的凶手
and he's the spitting image of this man.
就是上边这个人
Daren Sutter's book
透过达伦·萨特的书
amounts to a virtual confession
他相当于间接承认了
to the murder of Wallace Rourke.
他是杀害达伦·萨特的凶手
He published that book five years ago.
这本书他五年前就出版了
How'd he confess to something he hadn't done yet?
案件还没发生,他怎么承认
The book is more than
这本书不仅仅是
a mass market précis of his insights
他对安保及风险管理的
into security and risk management.
大众化概述
It is a window into what drew him to the field
也能通过这本书看出来是什么
in the first place.
开始把他引向这个行业
Look at page 13.
看第十三页
February, 1991, Westport, Connecticut--
1991年2月,康涅狄格州,韦斯特波特市
Sutter was 23.
萨特当时23岁
His older sister Leah was
他的姐姐莉亚
brutally murdered during
在一场被警方认定是
what the police believe was a home invasion robbery.
入室抢劫案中被残忍杀害
Sutter was staying with her at the time.
萨特当时是跟她住在一起的
Oh, he got home just as the perpetrator fled the house.
正当凶手逃走时,他回来了
More than that.
不仅如此
He came face-to-face with the man.
他与凶手打了个照面
He gave the police a full description.
而且为警察提供了充分的描述
Enough for them to generate...
足够合成...
a detailed sketch.
凶手的细节肖像图
So you think Wallace Rourke is
你认为是华莱士·鲁尔克
the one who killed Sutter's sister 22 years ago.
在22年前杀害了萨特的姐姐
The police never caught the culprit.
警察没有抓到凶手
Sutter was tormented by his failure to protect her
萨特深受打击,为其无力保护姐姐
and law enforcement's failure to catch killer--
以及司法抓捕凶手的无能
it became his raison d'être.
这就是他从事这行的原因
He dropped out of business school.
他先是从商学院退学
He began to study law enforcement,
又开始学习执法
security... and Kyokushinkai Karate,
安保...和极真空手道
which utilizes mastoid strikes.
而这种空手道擅长击打对手乳突
Just like the blow used to stun Wallace Rourke
正如华莱士·鲁尔克被捅死前
before he was stabbed to death.
使其昏迷的那一击
Now all you really know is that
你现在知道的只是
Wallace Rourke has a passing resemblance
华莱士·鲁尔克长得跟警方以前的
to an old police sketch.
素描图很相似
Did he have a criminal history?
他有犯罪前科吗
According to his army record, he enlisted under a waiver,
根据服役记录,他曾取得豁免并入伍
which means a judge gave him the choice
这意味着他可以选择
between prison or the army.
蹲监狱或是服役
His conviction was for breaking and entering.
他供认的罪行是私闯民宅
Can we place Rourke anywhere near the murder?
谋杀案发生时鲁尔克在哪儿
Following his discharge from the army in November 1990,
根据记录,他于1990年11月退伍
Rourke moved back to his mother's house in Stamford, Connecticut,
之后住在了康涅狄格州斯坦福市的母亲家
which I believe is half an hour's drive from where Leah was killed.
从那里开车到莉亚被杀现场只需半小时
So it is possible that, over 20 years ago,
那么有可能在20年前
Wallace Rourke killed Sutter's sister.
是华莱士·鲁尔克杀害了萨特的姐姐
And that Rourke's recent death was the result
而鲁尔克的死就是萨特跟踪
of Sutter tracking him down and killing him in retribution.
并血债血偿的结果
But why does Moriarty care about any of this?
但为什么莫里亚蒂关心这个呢
I would venture he wants us to bring down Sutter.
我认为他是想让我们扳倒萨特
Sutter's security firm, as you yourself pointed out,
萨特的安保公司,正如你所说的
is one of the best in the country.
它是国内最好的安保公司之一
With Sutter removed, it would in theory,
萨特倒台之后,理论上说
make his clients more vulnerable.
他的客户们就变得有机可乘
Moriarty may have one of them in his crosshairs.
这些客户可能就包含有莫里亚蒂的目标
Which means our work on this case
这意味着我们对这件案子的调查
could cost someone their life.
可能牺牲他人的生命
Not if our work leads to Moriarty's undoing first.
如果先把莫里亚蒂正法,就不会了
Which will mean we save that person and anyone else
这意味着我们还救了
Moriarty intends to victimize in the future.
莫里亚蒂将要杀害的人
Okay, let's say you're right--
姑且认为你是对的
Moriarty planned this.
莫里亚蒂计划了这一切
That would mean he already knew
这就说明他已经知道了
that Sutter killed Wallace Rourke.
是萨特杀的华莱士·鲁尔克
Which is why I've arranged to speak with Sutter
这也就是我为什么安排
first thing in the morning in private.
明早与萨特的私密谈话
"In private"?
"私密"
It's gonna be a very delicate conversation.
这将是场十分微妙的谈话
For what it's worth,
反正我知道
he's not bringing his wife either.
他肯定不会带上他妻子了
Mr. Sutter, thank you for meeting me.
萨特先生,谢谢你能和我见面
Stand up, please.
请站起来
Okay...
好的
Can you tell me what you're doing there?
能告诉我你在干什么吗
It's a bug-sweeper.
这是个窃听检测器
I'm checking for listening devices.
我检查下是否有窃听器
Okay.
好了
That's all Right.
好的
Okay.
完了
Thank you. Your turn.
谢谢,换你来
When you've heard what I have to say,
当你听过我的话后
you'll want to be quite sure
你会很希望
we're not being recorded.
我没有录下我们的谈话
Excellent, good.
很好
Now then, I'm curious.
现在,我很好奇
How do you feel since you killed Wallace Rourke?
自从你杀了华莱士·鲁尔克后,感觉如何
Okay, we're done. No, no, listen to me.
好了,我走了,别,听我说
Consider it an inquiry from one scarred man to another.
就当是受伤的男人之间的交流
Or rather from one man to one
或是一个伤痕累累的人
whose wounds have finally begun to heal.
向一位伤口开始愈合之人的咨询
I can tell the change from the pictures in your office.
我从你公司的照片中看到了你的变化
Since December you've lost 15 pounds,
自从十二月份,你瘦了十五磅
you got rid of the bags under your eyes.
眼袋也消除了
Both signs of a lifting depression.
这都是抑郁症好转的症状
Avenging your sister's death has... has freed you.
替你姐姐的死报仇后,你解脱了
I told you-- we surveilled Rourke
我告诉过你,我们监视过鲁尔克
for a couple of days, that's it.
就仅仅几天,仅此而已
You're a terrible liar.
你太不会说谎了
Actually, I'm an excellent liar.
事实上,我很擅长说谎
No, no, no-- better than most
不不不,比一般人擅长
and excellent are two different things.
和很擅长是两个概念
I know that you killed Rourke.
我知道你杀了鲁尔克
If you had proof, you'd be talking to the police, right?
如果你有证据的话,你应该报警,不是吗
I don't have any proof yet.
我暂时还没有证据
It's just a matter of time.
不过这也只是迟早的事
Unless we can find some way
除非我们能找到一种方法
to divert my attention.
来转移我的注意力
Moriarty.
莫里亚蒂
Does the name mean anything to you?
知道这个人吗
Should it?
我应该知道吗
Yes, it should.
对,你该知道
He pointed me in your direction.
是他让我来调查你
I think he wishes to profit from your incarceration.
我认为,他想从你入狱中得到好处
I'm just not sure how.
只是还不确定他如何做
I've never heard that name before in my life.
我从来没听说过这个名字
Now you're telling the truth.
现在,你说的是实话
Okay, I'm gonna need access to your client files.
好吧,我需要调查你的客户资料
See if I can discern if there's a link
看能不能找出莫里亚蒂和
between him and one of them.
其中的人的联系
You want me to trust you with my business
一个神秘人想要我的命
based on some crazy story about a mystery man
就为这种荒唐的故事
plotting my demise?
我就要让你介入我公司吗
No.
不可能
Some proof then.
那就来点证据吧
Judging by the precision with which you killed Rourke,
鉴于他明确知道是你杀了鲁尔克
not to mention Moriarty's resources,
别说他庞大的资源网
I wouldn't be surprised if he learned of your transgression
我毫不怀疑他是通过监听你的办公室或住宅
via listening device in your office and/or home.
来得知你的犯罪行为的
Impossible-- we sweep both regularly.
这不可能,我们定期检查窃听器
"Regularly"-- so if one knew the schedule,
定期也就是说,如果有人知道计划
then one could remove and replace bugs as needed.
他就可以在检查前,取走窃听器
So, sweep them today, see what you find,
你今天检查下,看能否找到窃听器
then contact me and we'll talk about your clients.
再联系我,谈谈有关你客户的事情
Are you trying to get rid of me?
你是想把我支走吗
What're...?
什么
What are you talking about?
你在说什么
Well, your friend in Boca,
你的朋友在波卡区
the one whose daughter needs a companion,
他们的女儿需要一位康戒陪护
I-I just feel like you're pushing me
我觉得你在逼我
to take that offer.
做这件事情
Are you unhappy with my work?
你对我的工作不满意吗
No, of course not.
不,当然不是
I appreciate the work you've done with Holmes.
我很感谢你和福尔摩斯的工作
And, uh, you're turning into a...
你自己也在成为
pretty damn good investigator in your own right.
一位很好的侦探
But...?
但是呢
Have a seat.
先坐
There's something you got to try to understand.
你要试着理解
Guys like him,
像福尔摩斯这样的人
they walk between the raindrops.
他们穿梭于危险之中
They don't get wet.
但从不受伤
People like you do.
可你这样的人会受伤
People like his ex-girlfriend do.
像他前女友这样的,也会受伤
So you're concerned about my safety.
所以你是担心我的安危
In case you haven't noticed,
如果你还没注意到的话
a lot of bodies been dropping around our boy of late.
最近他身边不少人出了事
You're in the danger zone, also.
你自己也身处危险之中啊
I've been a cop for 30 years.
我已经做了三十年的警察
I carry a gun.
我有枪
And a penis.
还是个男的
You think this is about you being a woman?
你认为这只是因为你是女的吗
I'm just don't understand why you are concerned
我只是不明白你为什么
about my safety specifically.
这么关心我的安全
No one, and I mean no one, is closer to this guy
没有人像你这样,和他走得这么近
than you are-- you live in his house, for crying out loud.
你可是住在他的房子里
He needs me right now.
他现在需要我
That guy is always gonna need someone.
他总是需要别人照顾
He may be the smartest guy I've ever met in my life.
他也许是我见过最聪明的人
But he is also the most self-absorbed.
但同时也是最以自我为中心的人
He probably doesn't even recognize
他可能都没有意识到
the danger you're in.
你所处的危险
I do.
我意识到了
Captain...sorry to interrupt, but there's a Daren Sutter here
警监,不好意思打断一下
from Sutter Risk Management.
萨特风险管理公司的达伦·萨特来了
Says he wants to confess to the murder of Wallace Rourke.
说想要承认谋杀华莱士·鲁尔克
Uh, I came across Wallace Rourke
我知道华莱士·鲁尔克
after a routine background check.
是因为一次例行背景调查
He was a mechanic.
他是位技工
He applied for a position at a high-end dealership.
想要从一个高端经销商那里申请职位
My company was responsible for reviewing the three finalists.
我们公司负责审核最后的三位人选
And how did you know he was the man who killed your sister?
你怎么知道他是杀害你姐姐的凶手的
I recognized him immediately.
我一眼就认出了他
It's been 22 years since Leah was murdered,
莉亚已经死了二十二年了
and I still remember everything about that night.
我还记得那晚的一切
Especially him.
尤其是他
Why don't we start at the beginning?
你从头说起吧
He found them.
他找到了
Moriarty's bugs.
莫里亚蒂的窃听器
You think that's how Moriarty knew he killed Rourke?
你认为莫里亚蒂是这样知道达伦杀了鲁尔克的
He knows that someone can prove that he killed Rourke,
他知道有人有证据证明他是凶手
and he's confessing to get out ahead of it,
就先来自首
and get the best deal that he can.
这样处罚能轻一点
If only he'd followed instruction,
如果他能听从我的建议
come to me instead.
来找我就好了
Probably thought you were part of the conspiracy.
可能以为你也是阴谋的一部分呢
I suppose, in a sense, I am.
从某个角度来说,我的确是
So, what now?
现在怎么办
We've done as Moriarty asked.
我们已经做了莫里亚蒂要求的
I found Wallace Rourke's killer
我找到了杀害华莱士·鲁尔克的凶手
and brought him to justice.
并将他绳之以法
Now we await his call.
现在我们等莫里亚蒂的电话
And my answers.
以及我的答案
Personal security expert Daren Sutter,
曾出版过《朋友还是敌人》一书的
who was best known for his book Friend or Foe,
私人安保专家达伦·萨特
has confessed to the murder of Wallace Rourke,
已经承认谋杀华莱士·鲁尔克
whom he alleges was responsible for the murder of his sister
他声称华莱士·鲁尔克是二十二年前
22 years ago.
谋杀他姐姐的凶手
Leah Sutter, who is Daren's older sister...
莉亚·萨特,也就是达伦的姐姐
Okay, that is not distracting at all.
你制造的噪音真是一点都不打扰人啊
Moriarty must know about Sutter's arrest by now.
莫里亚蒂一定知道萨特被捕了
Why hasn't he called?
怎么还不来电话呢
Moriarty, as you so eloquently put it,
如你所说,莫里亚蒂
is an assassin pimp.
是个杀手老鸨
Did you really think if you solved this case,
你真的认为,如果我们解决了这个案子
he'd keep up to his side of the bargain?
他会履行他的承诺
I'm well aware that moriarty is playing with me.
我知道莫里亚蒂在和我玩游戏
Just because I can't predict his next move,
虽然我不知道他下一步要做什么
doesn't mean I can't expect him to make one.
但知道他一定会有下一步行动
Why were you at the police station the other day
萨特去警局自首的时候
when Sutter came in to confess?
你怎么会在那里
I needed to talk to Gregson.
我有事和格雷森谈
Was this a continuation of your earlier mysterious conversation
是你们上次的神秘谈话没完
with him or is it an entirely new one?
还是又开始了新的神秘话题
I see Daren Sutter is under arrest.
我看见达伦·萨特被捕了
Congratulations.
恭喜
I held up my half of the bargain,
我完成了协议里我的部分
I expect you to do the same.
我希望你也能做到
To the contrary, you've only revealed part of the truth.
事实上,你只是解开了真相的一部分
I owe you nothing.
我不欠你什么
You want the whole truth?
你想要所有的真相
I know a great deal more than you think.
我有个更好的提议
I know that Sutter was your target all along.
我知道萨特一直以来都是你的目标
I know that you had him under surveillance.
我知道你一直在监视他
I know that you didn't want to reveal that surveillance
我知道你不想暴露你在监控他
to the authorities, so you utilized me to expose him.
所以你利用我来曝光他
You're slipping, Holmes.
你不比当年了,福尔摩斯
I'm referring to the truth about Leah Sutter's murder.
我说的是莉亚·萨特谋杀案的真相
Wallace Rourke killed her.
华莱士·鲁尔克杀了她
No, in fact, he did not.
不,事实上,他没有
He had an alibi.
他有不在场证明
Let me guess: His mother swears
让我猜猜,他妈妈发誓
that she dealt him into her bridge hand that evening.
那晚在跟他打桥牌
After Rourke left the Army,
在鲁尔克退役之后
his mail went to his mother's house in Connecticut,
他的邮件都寄往位于康涅狄格州的母亲家
but Rourke did not.
但是鲁尔克不在那里
He was in Saudi Arabia doing off-the-books work
他在沙特阿拉伯为一家美国石油公司
for an American oil company.
谋取灰色收入
He didn't return until March 1991.
直到1991年3月都没有回家
Sutter swears that he saw him.
萨特发誓说看到了他
Sutter is wrong.
萨特错了
He killed the wrong man.
他杀错了人
And your work is far from done.
你要做的事还很多呢
Finish it.
去完成它吧
Oh, good, you're awake.
真好,你醒了
Oh... how long was I out?
我睡了多久
107 minutes.
107分钟
Precisely enough time to cycle through all five stages
时间足够完成快速眼动或非快速眼动睡眠
of REM and non-REM sleep,
的五步循环
leaving your mind clear for the day's labor.
让你的脑子从一天的劳累中解放
Oh... have you made any progress?
你有进展吗
If by "Progress""
如果你说的进展是指
you mean have I proven that Moriarty was wrong
我证明了莫里亚蒂是错的
and Wallace Rourke killed Daren Sutter's sister,
华莱士·鲁尔克确实杀了达伦·萨特的姐姐
as Daren and myself had come to believe, then, no,
正如我们一致所相信的,那么就没进展
I have made the opposite of progress.
我获得了相反的结论
Ugh. So Rourke was in Saudi Arabia
也就是说案发当时
at the time of the murder.
鲁尔克确实在沙特阿拉伯
I can't prove that.
我不能证明这点
Nor, unfortunately, can I prove he was anywhere else.
而且不幸的是,我也没法证明他在别的地方
After Rourke left the Army in 1990,
鲁尔克在1990年退役以后
his mail and his personal effects
他的邮件和个人财产
went to his mother's place in Connecticut.
都寄到了在康涅狄格州的母亲家
There is nothing to suggest that Rourke accompanied them.
没有任何证据表明鲁尔克在那里生活
There's no credit card purchases, no...
没有信用卡消费记录,没有
no bank withdrawals... no financial activity at all.
没有银行取款,没有任何财产变动
Monetarily... a ghost.
在财产角度上看,就像一个幽灵
Maybe his mother paid for everything.
也许他的妈妈支付了所有的账单
An arrangement which is not unheard of.
相当同意
However, Rourke's medical records show
然而,鲁尔克的医疗记录表明
that shortly before he left the Army,
在他退役前不久
he refilled his malaria pill prescription.
他又申请了疟疾处方药
He also received a typhoid booster.
他还领了伤寒药剂
So it's possible that he was planning to stay in Kuwait.
所以有可能他当时打算留在科威特
He also received a vaccination for...
他还接受了脑膜炎链球菌的
meningococcal disease.
疫苗接种
Inoculation for that disease is only required
只有要去沙特阿拉伯的人
for travel to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia!
才会要求接种那种疫苗
Again, not proof.
虽然还是没有证据
But it is a suggestive detail
但这是一个很有提示性的细节
which I should have noticed before.
我之前就应该注意到的
I also should have noticed the $30,000 deposit
我还应该注意到1991年4月
made to Rourke from Shell corporation in April 1991,
壳牌公司给鲁尔克打了三万美元
mostly likely a payment for his services to the oil company.
很有可能是他在石油公司工作的报酬
Still not conclusive.
但还是得不出结论
And our assignment was to find the killer for
我们的任务是找到谁杀了华莱士·鲁尔克
Wallace Rourke, not Leah Sutter.
而不是谁杀了莉亚·萨特
A case which-I have just bothered to find out--
这案子,我刚刚发现了新的疑点
unidentified fingerprints were found on Leah's door
莉亚死后她的家门上发现了
after her death.
不明指纹
Now they could have been left behind by someone
那可能是一个与此案无关的人员
unrelated to the case.
留下的
They could have been left by a deliveryman, pizza boy.
那可能是一个送货员或者外卖员留下的
But the police have long suspected
但是警方一直相信
they were left by Leah's killer.
这些是杀死莉亚的凶手留下的
I'm guessing that the fingerprints
我猜那些指纹
were not a match for Wallace Rourke?
和华莱士·鲁尔克并不匹配
Correct.
猜对了
All of which would suggest that Moriarty may be right.
所有的这些都表明莫里亚蒂可能是对的
Daren Sutter killed an innocent man.
达伦·萨特杀了一个无辜的人
Maybe Moriarty's right
也许莫里亚蒂是对的
because he set Sutter up.
因为就是他设计陷害了萨特
An excellent theory,
很不错的推论
hindered only by the fact
但是事实表明
that it is nigh on impossible.
这几乎是不可能的
It's completely possible.
这完全有可能
Moriarty said he did things like this for a living.
莫里亚蒂说过他就是做这类事来谋生的
Daren Sutter saw his sister's killer
达伦·萨特看见杀死他姐姐的凶手
running away from her body.
从尸体旁边逃跑了
His face is etched onto his brain.
凶手的脸深深地刻在了他的脑海里
How does anyone, including Moriarty, trick a man
有谁能,包括莫里亚蒂,诱使一个人
into killing someone other than the person he saw?
杀死非自己所见的凶手
It's been over 20 years.
事情都过去二十年了
Memories get distorted, influenced...
记忆会失真,被影响
No, no, not the memory of the person who took your sister,
不,关于杀死你姐姐的凶手的记忆不会
who took someone you loved from you.
他从你身边夺走了你爱的人,绝不会忘记
It is a conundrum.
这是个难题
But once solved...
但是一旦解决
we will have the complete truth which Moriarty has requested.
我们就能得到莫里亚蒂要求的全部真相
This taste in my mouth is horrid.
我嘴里的这味道真恶心
If you want to use the toilet, I'll just turn away.
如果你要用洗手间,我可以转过头去
You didn't have asparagus last night, did you?
你昨晚没有吃芦笋吧
Why do you think Moriarty's putting you through all this?
你认为莫里亚蒂为什么要你做这些
Well, he obviously views me as an enemy.
很明显他把我当成对手
Yes, but why?
好吧,但是为什么
I must have interrupted
我一定是在伦敦时
some criminal enterprises visiting London.
阻挠了他的什么犯罪大计
Well, then why didn't he just kill you?
好吧,那他为什么不直接杀了你
Why do what he did to Irene,
为什么要对艾琳做那些
and why is he making you jump through hoops,
为什么你现在在纽约了
now that you're in New York?
他还是要折磨你
Uh, he's a more complex opponent
他是我毕生遇到的
than I have faced in some time.
最复杂的对手
Are you even afraid of him?
你怕他吗
I find fear to be an unproductive filter
我发现恐惧对于认识这个世界
with which to view the world. It dampens my powers of...
毫无用处,它取决于我的能力...
Can't you just answer a question like a normal human being?
你能像正常人一样回答问题吗
As I mentioned earlier,
就像我之前提到的
he clearly doesn't want to kill me,
他显然不想杀了我
so, no, I'm not afraid.
所以,不,我不怕
Well, there are ways to hurt you
好吧,有很多方法可以伤害你
that do not involve hurting... you.
而且不用伤及你自己
Watson, you know that there are risks entailed
华生,你要知道我们从事的这项工作
in the work that I-- that we-- perform.
要承担很大的风险
You cannot do the work without undertaking those risks.
不可能完全没风险就能完成工作
But know this:
但是记住
As far as Moriarty is concerned,
就莫里亚蒂这事而言
I will never allow any harm to come to you.
我绝对不会让他伤害到你
Not ever.
绝不
You can't promise that.
你不能保证这点
And yet, I have.
但是,我保证了
Now...
那现在
given the amount of questions which need answering,
有这么多亟待解决的问题
I propose that we split up.
我们分头行动吧
I will go and see Mr. Sutter again,
我去找萨特先生
see if he can't shed some more light on the situation.
也许能问出点东西
You pay a visit to Mrs. Sutter.
你去找他太太
See if you can't convince her
看能不能说服她
that access to the firm's client list
交出公司的客户名单
might help us find the man who put them in this predicament.
帮助我们找出幕后凶手
Okay?
行吗
Wallace Rourke killed my sister.
华莱士·鲁尔克杀害了我姐姐
The evidence suggests... What evidence?
可证据显示... 什么证据
It's an assortment of facts
证据只不过是依据你认定的东西
arranged to support what you want to believe.
把各种事实排列组合
I don't want to believe anything.
我从没要认定任何事
I want to make sense of this.
我只想弄清事实真相
I acknowledge that the evidence that Rourke was
确实,鲁尔克在案发时不在国内
out of the country is-is far from iron-clad.
还没有绝对的证据能证明这点
And yet it seems unwise to ignore the possibility
但也很有可能你是被误导了
that you were misled.
就这么盖棺定论很不明智
If you were, who stands to benefit from that?
如果你被误导了,谁在背后赢利
You're being played.
被操控的人是你才对
Manipulated by whoever sent you down this path.
有人诱导你对这件案子穷追不舍
Well aware of that possibility.
这也不失为一种可能性
And yet, as unlikely as it seems,
那退一万步讲
it is at least possible
即使可能性微乎其微
that you were tricked into killing the wrong man.
你确实有可能受误导以致杀错了人
Okay.
You said the other day I'm a terrible liar?
你那天不是说我不擅长说谎吗
You tell me if I'm lying right now.
那你告诉我,我现在是不是在说谎
Wallace Rourke murdered my sister.
是华莱士·鲁尔克杀了我姐姐
If there is a crime to be done,
如果你需要犯罪行为
a paper to be abstracted,
毁掉文件
a house to be rifled,
洗劫房屋
a man to be removed...
除掉某人
the word is passed to me,
我会得到消息
the matter is planned... No, I'm sorry.
制定计划... 抱歉
I've never heard this man's voice before.
我从没听过这个男人的声音
Like I said, Mr. Holmes and I
我跟福尔摩斯先生认为此人
believe that he may be targeting one of your clients.
可能他的下一个目标是你们的客户
Now, if you would allow me to look at your list,
如果你能让我看一下名单
we might be able to figure out... I'm sorry.
也许就能找出... 抱歉
Our clients need to be able to trust our discretion
客户们信任我们行事谨慎
as much as our ability to keep them safe.
并能保证他们的安全
And as far as your theory that this man is behind
就算你说的对,真有人在背后搞鬼
some conspiracy to bring Daren down...
要搞垮达伦...
You found bugs in here, didn't you?
你们已经发现有窃听器了,是不是
Let's say that we did.
就当作我们找到了吧
There's a lot of people who'd like to know
想知道公司内部
what's going on inside these walls.
秘密的人太多了
And even if the man you're referring to
即便你说的这个男人
is surveilling us,
在监视我们
he couldn't possibly have set Daren up to kill the wrong man.
他也绝不可能误导达伦杀错人
Daren saw Wallace Rourke's face that night.
达伦当晚的确看到了华莱士·鲁尔克
Isn't it possible that he got it wrong?
也许他弄错了呢
That after so many years of wanting to find the killer,
也许经过这么长时间的等待和寻找
he was ready to believe he had?
他已经迫不及待了呢
There's no way he would make a mistake like that.
他不可能犯下这样的错误
You have to understand-- for Daren...
你必须明白,对达伦来说
his life is divided into two halves:
他的生活只有两个阶段
before Leah's murder, and after.
莉亚活着时和被杀后
Did you know Daren before she died?
你是在莉亚生前遇到达伦的吗
I wish I had.
我希望是这样
I actually met Daren at a candlelight vigil
我认识他是在镇上的人为莉亚举行的
the town was holding for Leah.
烛光守夜会上
That is a very complicated time to get involved.
在那时相爱真不是好时机
It was a complicated time to meet.
我们只是相遇了
We didn't get involved until a few months after.
我们在几个月后才有了发展
Daren found closure
达伦杀了华莱士·鲁尔克
when he killed Wallace Rourke.
一切都结束了
Am I sad that he's in jail?
他坐了牢难道我无动于衷吗
Yes.
But I'm also grateful that he finally...
我只是很感恩,他终于...
found some peace.
能安心了
Sherlock? You here?
夏洛克,你在吗
Oh. Well, my meeting with Kate Sutter was a bust.
我没说服凯特·萨特
She's not giving up their client list.
客户名单没戏了
Her husband refused to discuss his enemies,
她丈夫也拒绝讨论对他有敌意的人
as that would entertain the notion that he was being set up.
因为那就表示他被人设计了
So I began to catalogue them myself,
所以我只能跟贝尔警探要些文件
using some files I got from Detective Bell.
自己给这些人归类
As the head of a successful risk management firm,
作为一家成功的风险管理公司的老板
Sutter's put away a long list of
萨特对付过众多的
stalkers, abusive husbands,
跟踪狂,施虐的丈夫
and dangerous obsessives.
和有强迫症的危险分子
Well, it looks like a pretty competitive field.
看样子幕后凶手"争夺战"颇为激烈啊
On top of that, he shared his obsession
最要命的是他把自己的复仇壮志
with his sister's killer with the world,
和全世界分享了
so there's no shortage of people
知道要如何引他入瓮的人
who know about his Achilles' heel.
实在太多了
Are you all right?
你没事吧
Yeah, I'm just a bit stiff.
没事,坐久了
Been sitting for too long.
有点麻
I'm just...
我只是...
Forgive me.
见谅
The last few days have just-just, uh, taken their toll.
这几天发生的事太多,需要发泄
To be so...
就快...
so close some answers which I've sought for... so long.
快接近了,我找了...太久了
I cannot come up empty-handed.
绝不能一无所获
Why don't you go get something to eat?
你去吃点东西好吗
I will clean up.
我来收拾
I was just thinking how difficult this case is for you.
这件案子对你来说很不容易吧
I know how badly Moriarty hurt you,
莫里亚蒂把你伤得那么重
and I was just thinking, I wish
我很想也很希望
that I could fix it for you.
能帮你分担
I appreciate the sentiment, Watson,
谢谢你这么关心我,华生
but I fear that your goal may be unobtainable.
但恐怕这件事你可能分担不了
What about Daren Sutter?
那达伦·萨特呢
I mean, he's a lot like you.
我是说,他跟你很像
Except he got what he wanted.
除了一点,他报了仇
He's at peace now.
安了心
We've been trying to identify people
我们一直想找出
who wanted to tear Sutter down,
要搞垮他的人
but what if he was tricked into killing Wallace Rourke
但也许诱导他杀华莱士·鲁尔克的人
by someone who wanted to lift him up?
真正的意图是给他解脱呢
If this is about Daren,
如果你们要问达伦的事
I don't feel comfortable answering questions
没有他的律师在场
without his attorney.
我不太愿意回答
Well, actually, Mrs. Sutter, this is about you.
事实上,我们此行是为你而来
We were hoping that you might be able to confirm
你能不能告诉我们
exactly when you met your husband.
你和你丈夫相遇的确切时间
Well, as I told Ms. Watson, it was in 1991,
我跟华生女士说过,是在1991年
at a vigil for his sister Leah.
他姐姐的烛光守夜会上
So that would be after her death?
那就是说在她死后了
Obviously.
显然如此
Well, being with Daren as long as you have,
你跟达伦在一起那么久
I'd assume you know as much about her case as anyone.
我想你比任何人都清楚莉亚的案子
So surely you know that partial fingerprints
你肯定知道事发当晚
were found on her front door that night.
警方在她家前门上查到了部分指纹
They were never identified,
但一直没有被鉴定出来
but police thought there was a chance
警方认为指纹可能属于
they belonged to the killer.
杀害莉亚的凶手
But they didn't, did they?
但事实并非如此
They belonged to you.
那些指纹是你的
'Cause you were the one who came through the door that night;
因为那晚踏进门的人不是你丈夫
not your husband.
而是你
You handled Ms. Watson's phone yesterday.
你昨天碰了华生女士的电话
We were able to pull your prints and compare them
我们把你在上面留下的指纹
to the ones from Leah's house.
与莉亚家里的做了对比
They matched.
是一致的
That means you lied to me.
你说谎了
You did know Daren before Leah died.
在莉亚死前,你就认识达伦了
We checked public records.
我们查过公共档案
You were married to another man at this time.
你当时已经嫁了人
You and Mr. Sutter were having an affair. Okay.
你跟萨特先生正在婚外情,好吧
So Daren and I were together before Leah died-- so what?
我们在莉亚生前就在一起,那又如何
So...
所以
now we know why he was so certain
现在我们知道为什么
he killed the right man all those months ago.
他这么肯定自己没有杀错人
'Cause you told him it was the right man.
因为是你告诉他,那个人就是凶手
He never saw the killer's face; you did.
他从没见过凶手的脸,是你见过
But you couldn't admit that without revealing your affair.
但如果你们说出实情,就会暴露婚外情
And, so, Daren became the official witness,
所以,达伦成为了对外宣称的目击者
relaying all the details you saw, as if you were the one
依靠你看见的所有细节,因为你才是
who that came in the door that night.
那晚见到凶手的人
Problem solved.
问题解决了
Till the police couldn't find the man
可是警方没找到那个
you described to Daren.
你对达伦描述的男人
That was hard on Daren.
这对达伦来说难以接受
And you.
对你也是
22 years later, you came across a man
22年之后,你偶然发现
who you thought would pass for an older version
一个你觉得可以冒充
of the man in this sketch.
画像中人的男人
And that was Wallace Rourke.
那人就是华莱士·鲁尔克
And the only way you could give your husband the peace
而让你丈夫未得安宁的内心平静下来的
that he'd never had was to insist that Wallace Rourke
唯一方式,就是坚称华莱士·鲁尔克
was the man that you saw that night.
就是那晚你见过的男人
He was the man I saw that night.
他确实是那晚我见过的男人
Rourke killed Leah.
鲁尔克杀了莉亚
As a matter of fact, he didn't.
事实上,他没有
We were just able to confirm, a little while ago,
我们刚刚得到确认
he wasn't even in the country at the time of the murder.
案发时,他根本不在国内
You saw someone else that night.
那晚你看见的是别人
Now listen,
好了,听着
your husband is gonna find out about this sooner or later.
你丈夫迟早会知道这件事
Why don't you do yourself a favor,
不如你坦白从宽
and tell us the whole story.
告诉我们整个来龙去脉
I loved Leah, too.
我也爱莉亚
But she wasn't my sister.
但她不是我的姐姐
She was Daren's.
而是达伦的
What happened that night, it... it changed him.
那晚发生的事,彻底改变了他
I didn't love him any less.
我没有因此而少爱他
If anything, I loved him more.
相反,我更加爱他
Doing what we do here
专注于我们的工作
and doing it well, that helped him.
把生意做好,对他有帮助
He started to get better.
他开始慢慢恢复
But then... when we came up
但后来,在莉亚忌日
on the 20th anniversary of Leah's death...
二十周年快到的时候
he started to slip away again.
他又开始消沉下去了
We tried everything:
我们用尽了一切办法
all kinds of therapy, antidepressants...
各种疗法和抗抑郁药
none of it helped.
全都没效果
And a few months ago,
几个月前
I came home... and I found him with a gun.
我回到家,看见他拿着一把枪
He had already written me a note saying good-bye.
他甚至连给我的遗书都写好了
I talked him down, but I knew
我把他劝住了,但我知道
it was just going to be a matter of time before he tried again.
他早晚都会再次自杀
I had to do something.
我必须做点什么
He looked enough like the sketch to fool Daren.
他长得和画像很像,可以骗过达伦
That combined with your insistence
再加上你一口咬定就是他
that it was the same man was all it took.
所以一切天衣无缝
This was the only way to save Daren.
只有这样才能拯救达伦
No, that's what 72-hour psych holds are for.
不, 72小时内心理干预才能帮助他
Rourke was an innocent man.
鲁尔克是无辜的
I didn't relish Mr. Rourke's death,
我不想置鲁尔克先生于死地
but between him and Daren, it wasn't a hard choice.
但在他和达伦之间,我别无选择
Neither is this:
我们也别无选择
You're under arrest.
你被捕了
So now that we have the whole truth,
现在我们查清所有真相了
why do I feel so lousy?
为什么我还那么难受
That's Moriarty's intention.
这就是莫里亚蒂的目的
I think this is supposed to be a stupid lesson.
我想这是他给我们的教训
Show me a man who craves vengeance
告诉我一个渴望报仇的男人
and can destroy the lives of others.
最后毁人毁己
You think this is his way of getting you to back off?
你认为他是在劝你放弃吗
I think I'm gonna go and visit Daren Sutter again.
我要再去探望达伦·萨特
I feel an obligation to break the news
我觉得有义务亲自
of his wife's deceit personally.
把他妻子的谎言告诉他
I'll meet you back at the Brownstone.
那么回家后见了
Uh, I'm just curious
我只是奇怪
why you're the one telling me all this.
为什么由你来告诉我整件事
I thought you deserved to know.
因为我觉得你应该知道真相
You said you understood me.
你说你能理解我
You experienced loss, too, but what,
你也失去过挚爱
you couldn't wait for... one more night?
但在我煎熬了22年之后
After I suffered through 22 years?
你就不能多等一天再告诉我吗
I'll delve into Leah's case.
我会继续调查莉亚的案子
I'll do everything possible to bring her killer to justice.
尽一切努力把凶手绳之以法
Wow, you still don't get it, do you?
你还是没明白,对吧
Unless you plan on finding the man who murdered my sister
除非你准备找到凶手以后
and bringing him back here to me so I can strangle him
把他带到这里,让我亲手掐死他
with my own hands, there's never gonna be any justice.
否则绳之以法也没有任何意义
I've just been informed of Mrs. Sutter's arrest.
我刚刚得知萨特太太被捕的消息
Finally, you've earned your answers.
终于,你赢得了获取答案的机会
I don't suppose I could convince you to deliver them in person?
我可不指望你会亲自送上答案
The truth, Holmes, is that I hope we never meet.
福尔摩斯,事实上我希望我们永不相见
My sense is that would be a great shame.
但我感觉那一定会非常遗憾
Mm, for one of us.
对你来说如此
My point. We can end this now.
我的想法是,我们可以到此为止
I can promise you our paths will never cross again.
我保证从今以后我们再无交集
Or, you may have your answers.
又或者,你继续追寻你要的答案
I'm curious to see which you choose.
我很好奇你会选哪个
Watson.
华生
Just checking in. How did Daren take the news?
只是确认一下,达伦得知真相后怎么样
As well as can be expected.
如我所料,还算平静
Have you heard anything from Moriarty yet?
你有莫里亚蒂的消息了吗
No, afraid not.
还没有
I'm returning home.
我在回来的路上了
I'll be there shortly.
马上到家
What do you think's inside?
你觉得里面会有什么
In this day and age, the simplest way
今时今日,追踪一个人
to track someone is via their cell phone.
最简单的方式就是定位他的手机
You cloned the phone that Moriarty's been using to contact us.
你复制了莫里亚蒂用来联系我们的手机
I did. Right after you told me
是的,就在你告诉我
that you'd never let Moriarty hurt me.
不会让莫里亚蒂伤害我以后
I thought you'd try and pull something like this.
我就猜到你会这么做
You asked me to be your partner.
你请我做你的搭档
You are my partner.
你是我的搭档
You lied to me about hearing from Moriarty
你瞒着我莫里亚蒂的消息
so you could come here on your own.
就是为了单枪匹马来这里
Watson...
华生
most puzzles I see from the outside
身处迷局之外的时候
gives me a certain clarity.
我总能看透真相
I am right in the center of this one.
但这次,我身陷迷局之中
It has blurred my vision... to say the least.
至少可以说,我已是当局者迷
I just... I just lied to protect you.
我撒谎是为了保护你
I didn't ask you to protect me.
我没让你保护我
And I did not sign on to work with you
我可没同意在你我搭档时
to be put on the sidelines every time you or-or Gregson
一旦你或者格雷森或者谁觉得太危险
or anyone decides it's too dangerous.
我就得置身事外
You want the danger.
你想要以身试险
No, I want to know that
不,我要和你共进退
I'm not kidding myself by staying with you.
这也是对我自己负责
The reasons I'm here are personal.
我是为了自己才来这里
I could say the same thing.
我也可以这么说
I have been with you every step of the way
过去的几周以来,每一步
these past couple of weeks.
我都和你一起走过
We have worked hard on this case.
我们为了破案拼尽全力
Whatever answers he's got in there for you,
无论他在里面为你准备了什么答案
I deserve them, too.
我也有权知道
What is it?
怎么了
Sherlock.
夏洛克
Irene... Irene...
艾琳... 艾琳...
Irene...?
是艾琳吗
Irene.
艾琳

重点单词   查看全部解释    
appreciate [ə'pri:ʃieit]

想一想再看

vt. 欣赏,感激,赏识
vt. 领会,充分意

联想记忆
identified

想一想再看

adj. 被识别的;经鉴定的;被认同者 v. 鉴定(id

 
attorney [ə'tə:ni]

想一想再看

n. (辩护)律师

联想记忆
exquisite ['ekskwizit]

想一想再看

adj. 精挑细选的,精致的,细腻的,强烈的

联想记忆
instruction [in'strʌkʃən]

想一想再看

n. 说明,须知,指令,教学

联想记忆
routine [ru:'ti:n]

想一想再看

n. 例行公事,常规,无聊
adj. 常规的,

联想记忆
discern [di'zə:n]

想一想再看

v. 辨别,看清楚

联想记忆
precision [pri'siʒən]

想一想再看

n. 精确,精密度
adj. 以精准的执行而著

 
unfounded ['ʌn'faundid]

想一想再看

adj. 无事实根据的,无基础的,尚未建立的

联想记忆
stupidity [stju:'piditi]

想一想再看

n. 愚蠢

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。