It's over here. Come on. He's still breathing.
在这边,快点,他还有气呢
Why ain't the sheriff come?
治安官怎么没来
Detained by other business ma'am.
公务缠身,女士
Had the time when he was up for election didn't he?
当年拉票的时候可没这么忙
He sent me along as soon as you called Mrs. Zeller.
您一报警他就马上把我派来了,泽勒太太
Is you supposed to be qualified?
那你够格吗
I'm a trained officer of the law.
我是受训的执法人员
He's under there.
他就在那边
I was out crabbing. I came back through here.
我去捡海,回来时路过这儿
I saw him.
就看见了他
He waved his hand like he wanted me to join him.
他还冲我招手,像是叫我过去
Did he say anything?
他说什么了吗
I didn't go near him.
我没靠近
All manner of dark doings afoot.
有那么多龌蹉的事
At night there's voices moaning.
晚上有人哀嚎
Come daylight
等天亮了
you don't know what you'll find.
说不好能发现什么
Go.
去啊
Do your job.
尽你的本职
Misfortune or mayhem?
意外还是凶杀
It's a hog.
是头猪
What?
什么
A hog.
是猪
A dead hog.
死猪
It ain't a murdered body?
不是被杀的人吗
No ma'am.
不是
He waved me forward.
他还冲我招手呢
Must be his leg.
一定是腿
You gonna tell the sheriff?
你会上报治安官吗
Most surely will.
当然
You don't know half of what goes on here.
你根本什么都不知道
Well you see anything suspicious
您看到可疑情况
you let me or Sheriff Lindsay know.
一定告诉我和琳赛先生
Who are you?
你是谁
I'm the deputy ma'am.
我是警官
You can ask for me Enoch Thompson.
找我就行,伊诺克?汤普森
You don't know what's going on.
你根本屁事不懂
Oh come on.
出来啊
Fucker.
他妈的
Oh fuck.
该死
What gives?
怎么回事
He's either wrestling an alligator
他不是在跟鳄鱼搏斗
or he's still on the toilet.
就是还蹲在厕所上
Thought the powder was supposed to give you the runs.
我以为磕了粉会跑肚呢
My brother don't do nothing normal.
我哥哥什么都与人不同
Hello.
喂,
Cockroach! Cockroach!
蟑螂,蟑螂
Kill it! Kill it!
杀了它,杀了它
I got it.
我来吧
Any progress?
有进展吗
"History doesn't repeat itself
"历史不会重演,
but it does rhyme."
但会押韵"
Fuck does that mean?
什么意思
A riddle? Sounds like poetry.
谜语吗,更像诗,
I call Nucky Thompson the other night.
我前天晚上打给了努基?汤普森
Tell him Luciano's gonna be gunning for him again.
跟他说卢西亚诺又要坑他了
That's his response.
他就这么回答我
Was he drunk? I mean if he's anything like his brother...
他喝醉了吗,如果他跟他弟弟一样
What do I think? It's a message.
要我说,那是信息
It's like a what do you call it?
你怎么说的来着
An omen. An omen.
预兆,预兆,
That we need to be on our toes.
我们得保持警惕
All that bullshit with the income taxes.
什么收入税的鬼扯
What are you worried about? First they pinch Ralphie.
你担心什么,他们先抓了拉尔菲,
Then they go after Jake. We're gonna beat it Al.
然后就会去抓杰克,兵来将挡,阿尔,
I mean fucking lawyers got them tied up in knots.
那些律师缠得他们死死的
So what? I'm supposed to just make it easy?
怎么,那我就不做反抗了吗
Now the whole operation
不,我们整个生意
we've got to move it. How you mean?
我们得转移,什么意思,
The books the cash all that to Cicero.
账本,现金,都弄去西塞罗
Al you got any idea how hard that's gonna be? By tomorrow.
阿尔,你知道这多困难吗,明天弄完,
Tomorrow?
明天
Why wait huh?
等什么呢
Get it out of here.
马上弄走
What you got something better to do?
你有别的事要做吗
No of course not.
当然没有
That was Owney Madden.
奥尼?麦登找你
His friend's in town. The actor.
他朋友,那个演员来了
Wanted to stop by and say hello.
想顺道过来见见你
They're gonna make a movie about me.
他们要拍部关于我的电影
You hear?
听说了吗
Fuck.
我去
It's hot in New York right?
纽约很热,是吗
The weather.
那里的天气
Okay.
嗯,
Mr. Thompson?
汤普森先生
Mr. Doyle needs to see you straightaway in the office.
多伊尔先生请您马上去办公室
Who are you? Joe Harper sir.
你是谁,乔?哈珀,先生,
Mr. Doyle says it's urgent.
多伊尔先生说是急事
Take this down to the car.
把这件拿去车里
Yes sir.
是,先生
Has Ronis called back yet?
罗尼斯回电话了吗
Well I'll leave you two to catch up.
我就不打扰二位叙旧了
I ain't carrying nothing.
我身上什么都没有
Fella downstairs saw to that.
楼下的人搜过了
That wouldn't stop a man who's made up his mind.
那也拦不住一心一意的人
Something to reckon with.
是值得考虑
You letting that knocker run things now?
你让那二货管事了
Mickey?
米奇
His personality suits the operation.
他的性格适合这工作
This place worse than my old juke.
这地方比我以前的场子还糟
Times change.
时过境迁
You always find a way.
你总是有法子
Doesn't anyone drink anymore?
难道所有人都戒酒了吗
I ain't come here for that.
我不是来喝酒的
What happened?
发生什么事了
Run with some boys for a while.
跟几个小子跑了一阵子
Storefronts gas stations.
小店,加油站
One night they leave me ass in the wind.
有天他们就扔下我跑了
Can't say I ain't earned it.
也算是我自找的
Done some time.
蹲了一阵监狱
I heard you were still doing it.
我听说你还在蹲呢
You wrong for once.
这件事你弄错了
I'm sorry for all of it Chalky.
发生这么多事我很遗憾,朝琪
I ain't come here for no sympathy either.
我也不是来要你同情的
I don't know where Narcisse is. You could find him.
我不知道纳西斯在哪,你找得到他,
That's not something that would do either of us any good.
找他对你我都没好处
You can't say what's good for me.
对我有没有好处,你说的不算
Your family moved to St. Louis years back.
你家人几年前搬到圣路易斯
They're living under your wife's maiden name.
用你妻子的娘家姓
Knock on the door
我去敲门
they say welcome home.
他们会说"欢迎回家"吗
You don't know what'll happen.
那谁知道
I'm a wanted man.
我是逃犯
Ain't stepped in daylight in more than a week.
整整一周没敢白天出门了
Then you can stay here under protection.
那你可以留在这,有人保护
I owe you that.
这是我欠你的
There's no sense looking back.
盯着过去没有意义
The only thing you can do is start again.
你唯一能做的就是从头再来
I really believe that.
这是我的信条
We ain't schoolboys no more.
我们都不年轻了
We're not dead either.
我们也还没行将就木
That leaves a lot of road in the middle.
没死就还有很多路可走
Maybe you just don't see the end of it.
或许有路没路你也看不出呢
I have an appointment in New York.
我约了人在纽约见面
I can't put it off.
没法推脱
I want you to stay here.
我希望你留下
We'll work something out and hope for the best.
我们一起想办法,抱最好的希望
Since when you so positive?
你几时起这么乐观了
I've always been this way.
我一直是这样
Take it.
拿着
We ain't do no business.
我们不是做生意
This is between friends.
朋友间的馈赠
Just a second.
稍等
You had me worried sick.
你害我担心死了
I've been waiting at the station.
我在车站等了好久
I overslept.
我睡过头了
What the hell is this?
这是什么东西
Well I'm not positive but I think it's a baby.
我也不太确定,应该是个宝宝吧
Hello to you too.
也向你问好
When did
什么时候...
My last visit.
我上次来看你
Labor Day?
产期呢
I'm seven months along.
我七个月了
And you don't say a word?
你竟然一句都没提
All the letters the phone calls.
那么多信件,通话
You're under enough pressure.
你的压力够大了
What could you have done?
你知道了又能做什么呢
It's not as if you'd be coming home is it?
你又回不了家,对吧
Doesn't matter.
没关系
I'm happy.
我很高兴
I'm very happy.
非常高兴
You need to eat.
你得吃东西
Take care of your appearance.
打理一下自己
And cut down on the drinking.
少喝些酒
I'm not.
我没喝
I mean I am.
我是说,我在戒
I'm trying hard. I'm doing it.
我很努力,我在戒酒
Really.
真的
And now that you're gonna
然后你又要...
I need you June.
我需要你,琼
I need you to come out here
我需要你搬过来
and bring Dermott Kathleen.
带上德莫特,凯瑟琳
They're not done growing up.
他们还没长大
And now a baby.
马上又要添一个
What about your brother?
你哥哥怎么办
My life's got nothing to do with his.
我的生活与他无关
He wouldn't send the allowance anymore.
那他就不会再给赡养费了
I don't want you touching that money again.
我不想你再碰他的钱
I'm moving up the ladder.
我要出头了
Best thing that ever happened to me.
一辈子没有过的好机会
And we'd be together.
我们又能在一起了
It's a blessing.
这是恩赐
A chance to start over.
重新开始的机会
Not everyone gets that.
不是每个人都能有的
Are we eating at that awful chophouse?
我们要去那个难吃的小餐馆吗
No. No no.
不,不不
We're getting a homecooked meal.
我们今晚吃家宴
My partner invited us.
我的合伙人邀请了我们
His wife did. She wants to meet you.
他妻子邀请的,她想见你
Are you busy?
你忙吗
What's wrong?
怎么了
Charlotte.
夏洛特
I don't have time. Read this.
我时间不多,读读这个
It explains everything. She's in here.
一切都在上面,她在这里,
Protect your fur.
保护好你的皮草
Come on Charlotte. No no no no.
来吧,夏洛特,不,不,不要,
No no no no. Don't take my teeth.
不,不,不,不要拔我的牙
No Martin loves my smile.
不,马丁喜欢我的笑容
No! Wash it! Wash it!
不,洗呀洗呀,
I got her. Get the door.
我抓着她,去开门
Wash it. Wash it. Wash it. Wash it.
洗呀洗呀洗呀洗呀
Wash it. Wash it. Wash it. Wash it. Wash it. Wash it.
洗洗洗洗洗洗
Wash it. Wash it. Wash it.
洗干净,洗干净,洗干净
Don't make sense.
说不通
Maranzano guaranteed your safety.
马兰扎诺承诺过会确保你的安全
He said I have nothing to fear. That's not the same thing.
他说我不必害怕,这可不是一个意思
Maybe Al got it wrong.
或许阿尔误解了
Or Luciano was acting on his own.
或许卢西亚诺是自己在行动
He runs his mouth Charlie
查理虽然管不住嘴
but he still dances to Maranzano's tune.
但还是听马兰扎诺的话
Not if Maranzano was dead.
马兰扎诺死了他就不必听话了
Al said that too?
阿尔也是这么说的
I just told you he did.
我刚说完是他说的
Of course.
当然了
Fucking hearing loss.
听力太他妈差了
Is Anne here?
安妮在这吗
She's at bingo.
她去玩宾果游戏了
It's warm for this time of year.
今年这时候怎么这么热
I had the fan on last night.
我昨晚风扇都没关
Jeez my manners. What can I get you?
失礼了,你想喝点什么
Whatever you're drinking would be terrific.
你喝的这个就不错
First thing Anne thinks of
客人一进屋
when someone walks into the house.
安妮马上就会想到上饮品
The perfect hostess.
她太会待客了
Always tending to the domestic side.
家里的事总是处理得很妥当
Funny what we take for granted.
我们总是不知道珍惜
Like your health.
就像不珍惜健康一样
Which is why you should retire.
所以你该退休了
You piss one of them off?
你惹到谁了吗
Luciano or Lansky?
卢西亚诺或者兰斯基
It's business John. I'm in the way.
这是生意,约翰,我碍事了
You hungry? I'll make you a cheese melt.
你饿了吗,我给你做个烤乳酪面包
I'm fine thanks.
不用了,谢谢
What time you meeting Maranzano?
你什么时候跟马兰扎诺见面
at his restaurant.
七半点,在他的餐厅,7:30
I'll meet you over there.
我去那里找你
We'll get to the bottom of this.
我们来弄明白到底是怎么回事
I didn't mean to get you involved.
我没想把你也卷进来
Hey we either friends or we ain't.
我们可是朋友
Obviously Luciano should not be present.
很显然卢西亚诺不该出席
I'll call Maranzano beforehand.
我提前给马兰扎诺打电话
Lay it all out for him.
把事情跟他说一说
If nothing else he's a man of reason.
他也是个讲理的人
You go out on that call this morning?
今早接到那个报警电话你去查了吗
You were right about her.
她还真是你说的那样
What'd she see this time? Body under the old Iron Pier.
她这次又看到什么了,旧码头下有具尸体,
And?
然后呢
Hog. Got washed away somehow.
一头猪,被冲到了那里
Old biddy's had me jumping the last 20 years.
那个老太太过去20年没少折腾我
Next time it'll be the Jersey Devil.
下次她就会说看到"泽西恶魔"了,传说中的怪物
She is the Jersey Devil.
她就是"泽西恶魔"
That girl of yours Mabel?
你的那个姑娘,叫梅布尔吗
Mrs. Lindsay approved.
琳赛夫人很喜欢她
And I defer to her in all such matters.
而且我也同意她的看法
I don't think her father does.
我觉得她父亲不满意
Of me I mean.
不满意我
I'll vouch for your character.
我会为你的人品担保
And your salary.
还有你的工资
Obliged to sort it out myself.
我还是自己解决吧
You ever eat at the Oyster House?
你在"牡蛎坊"吃过饭吗
New place in Ducktown? Mighty dear.
达克镇新开的那家吗,贵得要命
That's the point.
正是如此
He treats me like I'm some beggar boy.
他把我当要穷小子来对待
I'm gonna sit down with him tonight
我今晚要和他坐下来
show him I
告诉他
Afternoon Pat. Mr. Halligan.
下午好,帕特,哈利根先生,
If it ain't the law west of the Pecos.
这不是"派克斯西律所"么
How's that?
怎么说
Catch the Rolling Chair Robber yet?
抓到"轮椅强盗"了吗
I heard he snatched a lady's parasol
我听说他在上帝和所有人面前
in front of God and everybody.
抢了一位夫人的伞
We're hot on his trail.
我们就快抓到他了
And little Ragged Dick.
还有这位"衣衫褴褛的迪克"(小说主人公)
How's the hat game these days?
最近帽子游戏玩得怎么样了(小说情节)
Sailing right along sir.
还行吧,先生
You're a slick one.
你挺机灵的
Gentlemen.
失陪
It's us.
是我们
Come in.
进来
Lou. Leander.
卢,利安德
Have a cigar Jacob.
来根雪茄,雅各布
You too Deputy.
你也来一根,副治安官
Much obliged.
非常感谢
See our friend just now?
看到刚才那位朋友了吗
Looked a bit out of joint.
看上去有点毛病
Had a...
他有个
proposal I guess you'd call it.
提议,应该可以叫做"提议"
What's that?
是什么
Mr. Halligan wishes to renegotiate
哈利根先生想要对一个
certain terms of a longstanding agreement.
长期合同的某些款项进行重新协商
Got the idea in his head that I'm beholden to him
他觉得我应该把我
for what I built with my own two hands.
一手建立起的东西让给他
That won't hunt.
怎么可能
It's a goddamn squeeze from New York
这是纽约的人在压榨我
and I won't stand for it.
我是不会容忍的
How are you set? What are we talking about?
你想怎么做,你什么打算,
Keeping this town in the hands of those who own it.
让大西洋城留在它真正的主人手里
Mr. Halligan has his friends.
哈利根先生也有他自己的朋友
They're not my friends and I don't want to see them around.
他们不是我的朋友,我不想见到他们
We'd need to deputize some men.
我们要雇一些人
Let's say about 20.
20个怎么样
Post them at the train station the ferries.
广告张贴在火车站和渡轮里
Regular checks at the hotels.
定期去酒店检查
Anyone we don't like the look of
看谁不顺眼
see 'em off.
就送他们走
Just enforcing the vagrancy laws.
执行《流浪者法案》
Nothing illegal about it.
没什么不合法的
That's one order of business.
这是办法之一
What's the other?
还有什么办法
Let's you and I discuss that.
这得我们两人讨论了
Wait out on the porch.
去走廊里等着
How's he getting along?
他干的怎么样
He's a good boy. Works hard.
他是个好孩子,工作很努力
Keeps his mouth shut.
口风很紧
A bit of a mooncalf to me.
我觉得他有点傻
What's the task at hand?
现在要做什么
Keeping this town in the hands of those who own it.
把这座城攥在手心里
Make new friends. Eli.
交新朋友,伊莱
Huh? Yeah very catchy.
挺好,很上口
And very appropriate.
还很得体
You think so?
你这么觉得
I can play "Greensleeves" too.
我还会吹《绿袖子》
The supper will be getting cold.
晚饭要凉了
Chester that would sound better much further away.
彻斯特,在远处吹更好听
Luciano doesn't know your name.
卢西亚诺不知道你的名字
Let him say what he wants. He can't prove anything.
他爱怎么说怎么说,又没证据
That didn't stop Capone from sticking a gun in my mouth.
卡彭还不是照样把枪往我嘴里塞
Yeah well that's just poor leadership.
那只能说他领导不力
You think you won't be implicated?
你以为你不会受牵连吗
You know all about me. He'll go to work on you.
你知道我的底细,他会对你旁敲侧击
You'll fold. Hey whoa where do you get off saying
你肯定会招的,你这是什么意思,
You'll fold and it won't help either of us. Think about that.
你一招,我们俩谁都保不住,好好想想
Then what do you want to do?
那你想怎样
I for one refuse to be ruled by fear.
我不能再被恐惧控制了
Husband. Coming dear.
老公,来了,亲爱的,
Well I'd just like to say how pleased we both are
我想想说我们俩都高兴
to have been invited to your home.
能受邀来到你们家
Eli tells me you're a wonderful cook.
伊莱跟我说你厨艺一流
What else would he say?
他还说什么了
Smells delicious doesn't it?
闻起来真香,是不是
The baby you wish it will be what?
宝宝,你觉得会是什么
A boy?
男孩吗
Well we have four of each so...
我们男女都有四个了
we do need a tiebreaker.
得来一个打破僵局
Though either truly is a blessing.
不过不论怎样,都很幸福
As we well know ourselves don't we dear?
这点我们也同意,是吗,亲爱的
What is it we know?
同意什么
That boys and girls each add
男孩女孩都能给一个家庭
their own magic to a family.
带来不同的魔法
Hmm where do people get these illusions?
人都是从哪来的这种错觉
My real mother died.
我生母死了
She was a ballerina.
她是个芭蕾舞者
Such a charming little bungalow.
小屋真好看
George here built it himself.
乔治自己建的
Is that so? A kit from Sears
真的吗,从希尔斯百货买套工具,
The roof leaks for always.
屋顶就没哪天不漏过
Oh well maybe Eli can help. He's very handy.
那伊莱也许能帮上忙,他手很巧
This is true?
是吗
You come during daytime maybe.
那你或许能白天来
When husband is not at home or working
等我老公不在家或者外出工作时
making the pickups.
过来搭把手
Sounds like a twoman job to me.
听起来要两个大男人才能完得成
Maybe it's better if I
或许我最好还是
He fixes washing machine and then he breaks it.
他把洗碗机修好了,然后他又弄坏了
The belt snapped dear on its own accord.
皮带自己断了,亲爱的
Only one man is needed.
只需要一个男人
The way they make things nowadays
现在他们造东西
such shoddy workmanship.
太偷工减料了
May I have the flatbread?
能把无酵饼给我吗
Thank you Mrs. Rothstein.
谢谢你,罗斯坦夫人
Mrs. Thompson.
汤普森夫人
Old Rumpus Associates?
喧嚣依旧公司
It's a holding company incorporated in New Jersey.
是在新泽西的一家控股公司
Funds from an outofstate bank will take longer to clear.
从外地银行流入的资金要很久才能核实
Considering the unusual nature of the settlement
考虑到这项协议的特殊性
I'd like to make sure the money's in place first.
我希望资金能先到位
No.
不行
I'm sorry?
你说什么
I said no.
我说不行
This is the deal. The only deal.
就是这个方案,唯一的方案
In order to protect my client's interests
为了保障我客户的利益
Give me that.
给我
We appreciate your discretion
我们很感谢你
in this rather unfortunate incident.
在这起意外事件上的小心谨慎
You're right where you belong aren't you?
你一直在属于你的地方,不是吗
Perhaps I am.
或许吧
Let me see you out.
我送你出去
You've been married this whole time?
你这段时间一直都是已婚吗
Yes.
是的
You routinely associate with criminals?
经常跟罪犯们打交道
So it would seem.
没错
And now I'm involved as well.
现在我也卷进去了
Obviously.
显而易见
Will I have the privilege of thanking your husband personally?
我能当面感谢你丈夫吗
He does nothing from the goodness of his heart sir.
他做好事也不是出于善心,先生
You should know that from the outset.
你从一开始就得知道
Well what does he have in mind?
他在盘算什么
It's not always easy to tell.
很难说
But you can begin by setting up an account for him.
但你可以开始着手给他开户了
Under an assumed name.
用假名
For what purpose exactly?
具体是什么目的呢
To set about shorting the stock of the Mayflower Grain Corporation.
做空五月花粮食集团的股票
I rode the rails.
有一回我坐火车
Back in '09.
1909年的时候
Reading to Buffalo.
准备去水牛城
Mighty frigid up there.
那特别冷
Not the weather the broads.
我说的不是天气,而是那的女人
See who it is.
去看看是谁
I hear you can tune a piano
我听说你能调钢琴
but can you tune a fish?
不过你能调鱼吗
Tuna He's looking for somebody.
就是钓鱼啦,他来找人,
Gavin Lynnquist. United States Marshal.
加文?林奎斯特,联邦法警
You were here last week. And you weren't.
你上礼拜就来了,那时候你不在,
I'm looking for the previous owner Albert White.
我要找之前的老板,阿尔伯特?怀特
Colored fella goes by Chalky.
黑人,人称朝琪
What'd he do?
他干了什么
He has a noticeable scar across his face.
他脸上有一道很明显的疤
Let me guess. He swiped a watermelon.
让我猜猜,他是不是偷了个西瓜
Killed a prison guard at a work farm in Maryland.
他在马里兰的劳教农场杀了个狱警
Also the convict he escaped with.
然后还跟人越狱了
See? I knew there was trouble behind those eyes.
看到没,我就知道他早晚得惹事
Mr. White is a known fugitive.
怀特先生是个臭名昭着的逃犯
You could be charged with aiding and abetting
如果你们窝藏罪犯,会被判
if you harbor a criminal.
协助以及教唆罪犯
And if I turn him over?
如果我把他交出来呢
Well then you have nothing to fear.
那你没什么好害怕的
May even be a reward.
说不能还能得到奖励
I'm gonna hold you to that.
这句我记住了
Come on.
来吧
Right there. Albert White.
就在那,阿尔伯特?怀特,
Put down the knife and raise your hands.
放下刀,举起手来
You! Albert White!
就是你,阿尔伯特?怀特
Put down the knife or I'll shoot.
放下刀,不然我开枪了
Hands above your head.
把手举过头顶
Turn around slow now.
现在慢慢转过来
Name's Jenkins sir.
我叫詹金斯,长官
That's not him.
那不是他
A scar you said. That isn't him.
你不是说有道疤吗,那不是他,
One coon's good as another is what I always say.
我老觉得黑鬼长得都差不多
Come back anytime now.
随时来玩啊
Oh there you are.
你在这啊
Let me get that. It's a woman's work.
我来吧,这是女人家的活,
I'm gonna stand on ceremony in your condition?
你都这样了,活还是我干吧
The boys will do it. Come on George.
孩子们能代劳的,来吧,乔治
Very well.
好样的
Relax. Listen to the radio.
放松点,听广播吧
It's almost time for Rudy Vallee.
鲁迪?瓦利的时间到了
My Kathleen adores him.
我们家凯瑟琳很崇拜他
I have an idea. Can we play it Mother?
我有个主意,我们能放吗,妈妈
I am tired of the record.
我已经听腻了那张唱片了
Please please please.
求你了,求你了
Have your childish pleasure.
随你怎么玩吧
Let's just take it one step at a time...
在你把自己逼进墙角之前
I am not running anymore.
我再也不逃避了
before you box yourself into a corner.
咱们得一步一步来
I'm not running.
我不逃避
It's rattling around in his head. He's not gonna let it go.
他满脑子都是那个,不会轻易罢休的
I am not running. You can't just keep
我不会逃避,你不能就这么...
What's wrong?
怎么了
We are alone.
我们很孤单
We are all alone.
我们都很孤单
What happened? I don't know.
怎么了,我也不知道,
Eli what's wrong?
伊莱,怎么了
Nothing.
没什么
Let me clean this up. I'll get it.
我来清理一下,我来吧,
I just
我只是
You remember now?
你现在记起来了吗
Remember what?
记起来什么
Oh Jesus.
上帝啊
Will someone tell me what's going on?
有人能告诉我发生什么事了吗
You lie to yourself.
你对你自己撒谎
Excuse me? Okay look we need
你说什么,听着,我们得...
Who are you to say anything about lying? We got to go.
你算哪根葱,什么撒谎,我们要走了,
You lie. You lie. You lie.
你撒谎,你撒谎,你撒谎
But I will tell the truth.
不过我会说出真相
Your man and me
你男人和我
we fuck.
操过
You see in the kitchen on the chair.
在厨房的椅子上
Fucked and fucked and fucked.
操了一遍又一遍
When husband is at work making the collections.
那时候我丈夫在工作,去收钱
What?
什么
June...
琼,
Daddy! Abigail go to your room.
爸比,阿比盖尔,回你房间去,
She said bad words.
她说脏话了
I will answer it.
我去开门
That woman
那女人
You need me here?
你说你需要我
Let's take a ride.
咱们出去走走
This isn't a good time. We got to talk...
现在不是好时候,我们得谈谈,
Nelson.
尼尔森
You too...
你也是
Sheriff Thompson.
汤普森治安官
Blubber!
吓死你
Blubber!
吓死你
Blubber!
吓死你
Dr. Cotton?
科顿医生
What did he do to you?
他对你做了什么
Butterscotch Krimpet.
奶油小饼干
I saved it for you.
我专门为你留的
Is it your mouth?
是你的嘴巴吗
Did he...
他是不是
The sickness was someplace else.
伤在别的地方
They've given me a first grade class.
校方把一年级的孩子委派给我
It's just what I've asked for.
真是太合我意了
They can be an unruly lot.
这么小的孩子可难管教
No they're the perfect age.
恰恰相反,他们这个年纪正好
Just hungry to learn everything.
不但对知识如饥似渴
And free from old prejudice.
而且心中没有任何偏见
What is lacking among the schoolchildren in Camden?
卡姆登的学生们是不是少根筋
You said you wished for me to choose my own path.
你说过你希望我能走自己选择的道路
Did I?
有么
This town is set to be a comer Mr. Jeffries.
这座城市正在发展,杰弗里斯先生
Good place to stake your claim.
是个投资的好地方
In all your vast experience?
以你的阅历判断吗
Well yes. If you don't mind my saying so.
如果您不介意的话,是的
I think it's a young person's duty
我认为尽可能地抓住机会
to go where opportunity most presents itself.
正是年轻人应该做的
Why aren't you heading off to the Klondike?
那你为什么不去克朗代克淘金呢
Enoch isn't going to the Klondike Father. That's absurd.
伊诺克才不会去克朗代克,父亲,这太荒谬了
I'd go if that's where ambition led.
若是有此志向,去也无妨
I won't allow that.
我不允许
There's nothing but rough men and bear grease.
那儿除了粗人和熊脂之外什么都没有
There's riches to be found right here.
财富近在眼前
Atlantic City has doubled in size over the last decade.
过去十年,大西洋城的面积翻了一番
tourists coming in every day when the season's on.
旅游旺季时,每天都有一万名游客,10000
He's going to mine people instead of gold. That's much easier.
他可是在从人身上掘金,这可轻松多了
From bellboy to deputy sheriff.
小门童晋升到副治安官,不简单啊
Every story has a beginning sir.
人都有起步的地方,先生
I have a mission for you.
我有件事委托你
Seek out and purchase me a pack of Fatima's.
替我买包法蒂玛香烟回来
You wish me to be absent.
你这是想支开我
I wish for a pack of Fatima's.
我想要包法蒂玛香烟
May I smoke one?
我能抽一根吗
I'll whip you if you do.
你敢抽它,我就抽你
You're completely monstrous.
你可真是不可理喻
Be steadfast.
稳住了
Mr. Jeffries
杰弗里斯先生
I'll talk and then you can say what you want.
先让我把话说完,你再说什么都行
Now I've never denied Mabel anything
我从未拒绝过梅布尔任何事
because I knew it was pointless.
因为我知道说了也白说
She is quite willful.
她相当固执
I don't know what she sees in you
话虽无意冒犯
and I say that with no intent to offend.
可我不知道她是哪点看上你了
You seem diligent and earnest
你看上去勤奋而认真
and you have certainly demonstrated persistence.
看得出来也很有毅力
I should admire those qualities
我本该欣赏这些品行
but somehow I don't.
可是却没有
I wouldn't expect you to.
我也没指望
Why is that?
怎么说
We're fighting over the same thing.
我们在争取同一件事
One of us is bound to lose.
总有一个人要输
I mean to marry Mabel.
我要娶梅布尔
I mean to provide for her
我要养活她
and the family we'll raise together.
以及今后我们一家人
How?
怎么养活
By getting myself ahead.
出人头地
Prove it.
证明你说的话
I can't prove it to you sitting here.
我坐在这里可证明不了
Prove it to yourself.
向你自己证明
I don't have to prove what I already know.
知道的事情还有什么好证明的呢
I don't think you do know.
怕是你并不知道吧
Oh I think you talk a bold line.
你豪言壮语说了不少
I think you have a nose for
你知道怎么揣测
figuring out what people would like to hear
别人想听的话
but I don't think you know what you are.
但我觉得你不了解自己
Well sir I suppose we'll both find that out.
先生,我想时间会给我们答案的
I smoked one anyway.
我就是抽了一根
I expected nothing less.
真是我的好姑娘
It's bold.
酒劲挺大
And you Mr. Thompson you are bold.
你也是,汤普森先生,你的胆子也挺大
Enough to come here and stand before me now.
有胆识到这里面对我
Then we're not waiting for Mr. Torrio?
这么说我们不等托里奥先生了吗
When are you going to get rid of Charlie Luciano?
你什么时候做掉查理?卢西亚诺
He disappoints me.
他令我失望
That is true.
这点不假
He'll come for me again
他还会对我下手
and then he'll come for you.
而接下来就是你了
When one sits on the throne that is to be expected.
身居高位,这类事可想而知
I do not take such things personally.
我并不因为这种事记仇
What's more personal than a man trying to kill you?
他想杀了你,怎么能不记仇
Fides. Trust.
信任
Loyalty.
忠诚
The foundation of the Roman Empire.
这些是罗马帝国的根基
Didn't Caesar get a knife in the back?
凯撒不就是被暗杀的吗
Still I prefer to deal only with Italians.
即便如此,我仍只愿同意大利人来往
Where does that leave me?
那我怎么办
You are Malta.
你就像马耳他
An island unto yourself.
地方自治
Loyal to Rome but exempt from Roman law.
忠于罗马,然而不受罗马法律制约
And Roman tribute as well?
这么说还得向罗马进贡了
Mr. Torrio assures me that you're a man
托里奥先生向我保证你是个
who knows how to return a favor.
懂得知恩图报的人
But we can hear it from him.
来听他说说吧
Abajo!
趴下
Get out of my way!
滚开
May I come in?
我能进来吗
Sorry to disturb.
抱歉打扰了
Is something wrong?
出什么事了吗
No ma'am. Just county business.
没有,夫人,郡内事务而已
Come sit down.
进来坐下吧
It's all right.
没事
How's Ruth?
露丝还好吗
Back on her feet. Baby's thriving.
恢复过来了,孩子很健康
Glad to hear it.
真替您高兴
Well?
说吧
The jobs you do
你为准将
for the Commodore...
做的事
What jobs are those?
你说的是什么事
That have their own rules.
它有自己的一套法则
I could help with those.
我可以帮你
No one asked you to.
没人要你帮
I'm offering now.
我现在主动提供帮助
That's not how it works.
这事不是这么办的
Go home.
回家吧
It's late.
很晚了
We'll talk about it some other time.
我们改天再谈
I do appreciate you taking the time for me Dr. Cotton.
我很感激您抽时间见我,科顿医生
I know how burdened you are.
我知道你工作负担很大
What an awful lot of responsibility.
您肩上的担子真重
I don't regard it a burden.
我不觉得那是负担
A chance to help those unable to help themselves.
这是给我机会帮助那些不能帮助自己的人
And I wanted to tell you personally
我想要来当面告诉你
that I've made a full recovery.
我已经痊愈了
You have? When?
是吗,什么时候
There wasn't an exact moment.
也没有什么确切的时间
But I'm seeing clearly now.
但我现在能看清了
Thinking clearly.
可以清晰地思考
What is it you want?
你想要做什么
I'm sure there are formalities to observe
我知道观察需要一定的程序
but I'd like to start the process.
但我想要从现在开始
Which process is that?
开始什么
The process of being released.
出院的程序
Why were you brought to us?
你为什么被带到我们这里呢
I took someone's life...
我因为过度悲伤
in a state of temporary insanity
暂时性精神错乱
out of grief.
杀了一个人
You know you were ill?
你知道你当时生病了吗
I do.
我知道
And now you know you're not?
现在你确定你没生病吗
Yes.
对,
How?
怎么知道的
How do you know what you are?
你怎么知道你的病情的呢
How do you know?
你怎么知道的
The concept of temporary insanity is troublesome.
暂时性精神错乱的定义很难讲
Some might say convenient for the afflicted.
有人觉得这对病人有利
Rational before the act
在杀人之前是清醒的
rational after
之后也是清醒的
but in that one instance
但就在杀人那段时间
It was the jury's decision.
这是由陪审团决定的
Where does insanity go?
那神智去哪了呢
Malaria syphilis tuberculosis
疟疾,梅毒,肺结核
these linger in the tissues.
这些病都会留在人体的组织里
They hide from sight only to reemerge.
它们藏起来就是为了再次令人发病
They are in the body forever
除非把它们彻底根除
unless they're rooted out.
它们会一直留在人体里
I'm better.
我变好了
I've been helped.
我受到了帮助
I'm grateful.
我对此很感激
But are you cured?
但你痊愈了吗
Are you cured?
你痊愈了吗
We'll find what's inside you.
我们要找出你身体里的病
We'll fix it.
我们会治好它
You don't need to worry about that.
你不必担心
Could you not do that?
你能不这么做吗
Do what?
做什么
Stare at me.
一直盯着我
Am I making you uncomfortable?
我让你不自在了吗
The event you're thinking about...
你想的那事
That was an accident.
那是个意外
Plain and simple.
仅此而已
You mean like a streetcar hitting a horse?
就像有轨电车撞了匹马吗
A man getting his head crushed in a metal press?
某个人被金属挤压机挤碎了脑袋吗
A gas explosion
像瓦斯爆炸
in which bystanders
把旁观者
are literally torn limb from limb?
炸得粉身碎骨吗
That's what your having sexual relations
这些事情和你跟我老婆
with my wife was like?
上床像吗
Look...
听着
I don't know about you but...
我不知道你,但是
my life is a fucking shipwreck.
我的人生就像海难一样糟糕
Well land ho.
这不上岸了吗
Put that away.
收起来
We need you sober.
我们需要你保持清醒
The prohibition officer you drowned
你淹死的禁酒探员
the justice investigator you shot
你逃脱时打伤的
while fleeing custody.
司法调查官
And a lot more I'm guessing won't be hard to find.
估计你还伤过好多人
Special Agent James M. Tolliver.
特别探员詹姆斯?M?托利弗
Killed in the line of duty.
执行任务时被杀
I don't know who that is.
我不知道那是谁
That's funny. We found his teeth all over your living room.
真搞笑,我们在你的客厅发现了他的牙齿
Some colored broke in.
有个黑人闯进来过
He the one knocked up your wife?
把你老婆肚子搞大的人吗
Nobody cares about your problems.
没人在乎你的问题
End of the road gentlemen.
到此为止了,先生们
You can cooperate with us...
你们可以跟我们合作
or you can see how things look from inside the gas chamber.
不然就进审讯室里吧
What do you want us to do?
你们想让我们做什么
There isn't a court in Cook County
库克郡没有一个法庭
that would put Alphonse Capone in jail.
会判阿尔方斯?卡彭入狱
They're all in his pocket.
他们都是他的人
But he can't fight the Bureau of Internal Revenue.
但是他没法和国税局作对
We're making a case for tax evasion.
我们准备告他逃税
You think this is a joke?
你觉得我们在开玩笑吗
No.
不,
Not with all the penalties and interest.
罚金和利息可不是闹着玩的
He has to report the money legal or not otherwise...
他必须上报收入,无论是否合法,否则
Five years in a federal penitentiary minimum.
至少要在联邦监狱蹲五年
If we can prove the income.
只要我们能找到证据
Key to the count room.
这是财务室的钥匙
Combination to the safe.
保险箱的密码
We need the ledger books.
我们要总账账簿
You're gonna get them for us.
你们得帮我们拿到手
Why don't you do it yourself?
你怎么不自己去
Because we're the expendable ones.
因为我们是无名小卒
Capone's out all night
卡彭整晚都不在
showing some Hollywood types around.
他正陪几个好莱坞明星逛
Skeleton crew at the Lex
骨干们都在莱克星顿酒店
so it's as easy as it's ever going to be.
因此现在正是最佳时机
You're making a dropoff.
你们去上交收入
Excess cash. Then what?
额外收入,然后呢,
Do what you need to.
见机行事
But you're getting those books tonight.
但必须在今晚拿到账簿
And he goes to jail?
然后他就会进监狱
He certainly won't otherwise.
拿不到他自然不会进去
You both wore badges.
你们做过执法人员
Here's your chance to earn them.
现在是时候履行你们的职责了
Those ledgers are written in code.
那些账本都是用密码写的
Yeah well you met Ries.
没错,你们见过里斯
Fella who keeps the books.
保管账簿的家伙
He's screwy about bugs.
他特别害怕虫子
Right.
没错
He's agreed to cooperate.
他已经同意和我们合作了
Haven't you?
对吗
Get them off of me! Get them off of me!
把它们弄走,快把它们弄走
It's a fucking slaughterhouse.
简直是屠杀
The bulls roped off the entire block.
警察封锁了整片街区
There's no telling who's dead and who's alive.
没法知道究竟谁死了谁活着
Who were the shooters?
枪手是谁
Better you don't know. Keep out of it.
你最好还是不要知道,置身事外
Well I'm involved now ain't I?
我现在可没法置身事外了
We're grateful for everything you done.
我们对你的帮助非常感谢
Your advice your counsel.
包括你的建议和忠告
And as the syndicate moves forward
随着组织的不断发展
it'll only get stronger.
它只会越来越强大
And your involvement will be an important part
你的帮助将会在其中起到重要作用
Yeah?
喂,
We waited for you John.
我们一直在等你,约翰
For quite some time.
等了很长时间
Nucky?
努基
I called. Didn't you get the message?
我打过电话了,你没收到留言吗
Actually I did.
我收到了
And now I have a message for you
现在我有条留言给你
and the two pissants you're in league with.
还有和你狼狈为奸的两个混蛋
I will not rest
不让你们见棺材
until I see you in your graves.
我誓不罢休
Are you gonna do your job or what?
你到底要不要履行自己的职责
I pay taxes like anybody.
我也和其他人一样交税
You tell the sheriff that.
你去告诉治安官
He needs to come sort out doings here.
他得想办法来解决这种事
I don't feel safe in my own bed anymore.
我躺在自己的床上都睡不安稳
The things that go on at night.
晚上这里发生的事
You can hear them.
你都听得到
You can hear the
你能听到...
you can hear the souls
你能听到鬼魂
all moaning.
在呜咽
Bad news I'm afraid.
恐怕是坏消息
I've been calling you for days.
我一整天都在给你打电话
Inquiries had to be made
我得想办法打听那些
about something they say did not occur.
他们拒不承认的事情
Just tell me.
直说吧
Miss Wheet was detained at the roadblock outside Havana
宵禁以后,维特小姐在哈瓦那郊外的路障
after curfew.
被扣留了
There was a dispute with the soldiers.
她和士兵起了争执
She fired a gun.
她开了枪
She died on the spot.
被当场击毙
I don't believe it.
我不相信
That will not change what happened.
这无法改变事实
I want the names of those responsible.
我要知道当时都有谁
I'll pay whatever it costs.
多少钱我都愿意付
There are no names Mr. Thompson.
他们都是无名小卒,汤普森先生
Then who will be called to account?
那究竟谁来负责呢
No one I am afraid.
恐怕没人会负责
Sir. Come to see about a girl.
先生,我来找个姑娘,
Then you won't be disappointed.
那你一定不会失望的
Need to pat you down.
我得搜身检查
Had a ruckus few nights back.
前几天出了点乱子
Fine by me.
没问题
Only looking to make one kind of noise.
我只是来找乐子的
This way.
这边走
First room on the left.
左手第一间房间
Evening Clarence. Evening Mr. Jake.
晚上好,克拉伦斯,晚上好,杰克先生,
New rules.
新规定
Got a little rough. Got to pat you down.
有些冒犯,得让我搜身检查
Amelia here? Yeah Amelia here.
艾米莉亚在吗,她在,
Alicia too. All your favorite girls.
艾丽西娅也在,都是你喜欢的姑娘
Sophia as well?
索菲娅呢
Hey there darling.
你好啊,亲爱的
How you doing? Let me take you upstairs.
你好吗,我带你上楼,
Come on don't be shy. I know you see something.
来吧,别害羞,我知道你看到了什么,
Oh come on back.
回来吧
Mama?
妈妈