你怎么在这儿
Waiting.
我在等
On your man?
等你的男人吗
For business.
等生意
What kind of business you got in a cathouse?
你在妓院干什么
My business.
那是我自己的事
You need to go.
你该走了
Now!
快走吧
She's not his.
那不是他的
Then whose?
那是谁的
Just mine.
我自己的
Ma'am? Yes?
女士,什么事,
Why you lock the door? I was changing.
为什么锁门,我在更衣,
Been in these clothes for three days.
这衣服我穿三天了
There's rooms for that.
你可以进屋换
My girl's asleep. I can't leave her.
我女儿在睡觉,我不能离开她身边
Heard from the doctor.
博士发话了
Yes?
什么事
He'll come by. Unlock this when you done.
他要过来,等你换好开门
I will.
我会的
Walk out.
出去吧
While you can.
趁你还出得去
Let's both see him.
我们一起见见他
I'm awake. I ain't.
我醒着呢,我可睡着了,
This kind of night...
这种晚上
it's like the clock's running backwards.
感觉好像时间都在倒着走
The middle of the week's always slow.
周三四生意总是不好
Look who's the expert now.
看看谁还成专家了呢
Pretty soon you'll be running the joint.
很快你就会打理这店了
I don't know about that.
这可不好说
What I was doing I was your age?
我像你这年纪时
Knocking over storefronts with a little Pocket Colt.
还拿着便携柯尔特手枪打劫店面呢
My own gang 16 years old.
我才十六,自己带一队人
People respected me. I was going places.
大家都尊重我,我很有前途的
What happened?
后来呢
Your father set me up with your mother.
你爸爸介绍你妈妈给我认识了
Wait. What did he what? Nothing.
什么,没事,
I'm sure they're in the front pew every Sunday.
我相信他们是很虔诚的人
Off your ass.
去干活儿吧
Fetch 'em up the sandwiches.
给他们拿点三明治
And don't forget the pickups later.
待会儿别忘了去拿货
Just brought the sandwiches.
我就是端三明治来
Senor.
先生
Las medianoches.
宵夜
The food...?
食物
Me cago en Dios.
该死的
Where did he go?
他去哪了
What are you doing?
你干什么呢
Strawberry pie.
草莓派
Leave it for the morning.
早上再做吧
They're starting to turn.
要变坏了
You came in late.
你回来晚了
I couldn't get out of there.
我抽不开身
It was just speech after speech.
他们废话连篇
Did you make one?
你讲话了吗
I had to.
我没办法
What did you say?
你都说了什么
"Respected gentlemen of the hall "
各位尊敬的先生,
Mr. Mayor Commodore Kaestner"...
市长先生,凯斯纳准将"
"I regard it as both a duty and a privilege
"对我来说这既是责任也是荣幸,
to put forward a man whose energy is unquenchable
能举荐这位精力充沛
whose character is unimpeachable
为人正直
whose loyalty is inexhaustible."
忠诚不二的人
A nice construction.
句子排得不错
"The next Alderman on the Fourth Ward "
有请下任第四区议员,
and boon companion of my youthful years
也是我年幼时的好友
the Honorable James Patrick Neary."
尊敬的詹姆斯?帕特里克·内尔利"
The thing is
问题是
I've always considered him a real son of a sailor.
我一直觉得他是水手的种
As long as you made a strong impression.
只要你能给大家留下深刻印象就行
Everyone kept calling me Nucky.
他们总喊我努基
Oh no.
不是吧
My name's Nucky boys.
我叫努基,伙计们
I'm in ladies' garters. What's your line?
我是做女士吊袜带的,您做什么的
Say have yourself a "Seegar."
您来根"雪咖"吧
Is that what it sounds like?
我听上去就这样吗
What's wrong?
怎么了
You nauseous again?
你又觉得恶心了吗
Should I fetch the doctor?
要我去叫医生吗
I just couldn't sleep.
我睡不着
I sat at that dinner
我坐在餐桌前
and watched them slap Jim Neary on the back.
看他们祝贺吉姆?内尔利
They'll make him alderman
他们要让他当市议员
because that's what the Commodore wants.
因为这是准将的意思
years I've served him.
我为他鞍前马后十三年,13
Never even says my name.
他连我名字都没叫过
You'll be recognized.
你会得到认可的
He'll see you're working It doesn't matter.
他会看到你的努力,都不重要,
I have you.
我有你
I'm gonna be a father.
我要做父亲了
I'll make my way.
我会努力奋斗
I know what I'm doing it for.
我知道自己为什么而奋斗
Howdedo fellas?
各位好呀
Have yourselves a "Seegar."
来支"雪咖"
I don't like cigarettes.
我不喜欢烟
Pissy little girlie smokes.
小丫头才抽烟
Cigarettes. Drinks with fruit.
香烟,美酒,水果
Darling handbags. Lavender soap.
漂亮手袋,薰衣草香皂
All that cunty shit.
全是堕落玩意
Why don't you tell me your name?
干吗不告诉我你的名字
Francis X. Bushman.
弗朗西斯?某某?布什曼
Really? Absolutely.
真的吗,当然,
What's the X stand for?
"某某"指什么
The X will stand for pretty much anything.
"某"什么都可以指
Francis X.
弗朗西斯?某某
Francis X. where you from?
弗朗西斯?某某,你是哪里人
Where do you think I'm from?
你说我是哪里人
what's that state between uh
俄亥俄跟加利福尼亚中间
Ohio and California?
那个州叫啥来着
The state of oblivion.
记不得州
You fucking with me Francis X.?
你是在耍我吗,弗朗西斯?某某
No. I don't like to be fucked with.
没有,我不喜欢被人耍,
I'm not fucking with you.
我没在耍你
So what's the state I'm talking about?
那我说的那个州叫啥
Missouri. That's where you're from.
密苏里州,你就是哪儿的人,
Isn't it? You got me.
对不对,被你说中了,
I'm a good judge of character.
我看人最准了
Just ask my first two husbands.
不信问我头两个丈夫
They didn't know what they were missing.
他们居然会错过你
About 800 bucks and some paste jewelry by the time I was done.
百八块加一堆假珠宝就把我卖了
What brings you to our fair city
为何来到我们美丽的城市
"Francis X. Bushman from Missouri"?
"来自密苏里州的弗朗西斯?某某"
Judge my character.
你来看看吧
You come for some kind of convention.
你来参加某种集会
You sell hosiery or hair combs
兜售袜子,梳子
or hatbands or who gives a fuck.
帽带或者管他娘什么破玩意
You're married but your wife hasn't sucked your cock
你结婚了,可是早在哈丁总统买下农场前
since Harding bought the farm.
你老婆就没亲过你老二
You used to run around with your asshole pals
你从前喜欢跟狐朋狗友鬼混
get yourself boiled on Saturday night.
周末晚上喝个烂醉
Line up at the one whorehouse in town
聚在镇上唯一一家妓院里
come quick and lie about it after.
早早完事,又吹牛撒谎
But now you're mostly thinking about
可是现在你想的最多的是
fucking your secretary
睡女秘书
stealing a boatload off your boss
偷老板的货
and whether or not it would hurt more
琢磨哪种死法更疼
to stand in front of a trolley
是找辆电车卧轨
or shoot yourself in the head.
还是给自己脑门一枪
and you love your children.
而且你爱你的孩子
How'd I do?
准吗
I sell floor polish.
我是卖地板蜡的
You poor sad fuck.
你这可怜虫
What the hell are you doing here?
那你来这干什么
Looking for a good time.
找乐子
You know what kind of place this is?
你知道这是什么地方
This is where hope comes to get fucked in the ass.
这里是希望撅屁股挨操的地方
When's she showing up?
那她什么时候出现
If we run now
如果我们现在逃跑
how's D'Angelo gonna know?
迪?安格罗怎么会知道
Run where? With what?
跑哪儿去,靠什么活
Get into the count room drop off the money.
进客房,扔下钱
Leave the satchel don't open it.
包留那儿,别打开
I step out start a conversation
我走过去,起个话头
"Anybody catch that Cubs game?"
"谁看那场球赛了"
I double back with the key empty the satchel
拿着钥匙走回来,把包倒空
open the safe.
打开保险柜
This has not been thought through.
这事没经过深思熟虑
Fuck.
操,
What I said before about your spouse
我之前说的关于你配偶的话
you know being an accident...
我俩本来就是意外
I didn't mean it in a sense of something horrible.
我没有恶意
What's all the whispering?
嘀咕什么呢
Dropoff. Come back in the morning.
来送钱,明早再来吧,
It's already a day late. We want to get it in now.
已经晚了一天了,我们现在就得交
Give it to me.
给我吧
We need to be sure it's added.
我们要确保钱记到账上
Nothing personal.
不是针对你
All right. Come on hurry up.
好吧,进来,快点
Wait wait wait. I don't have the key.
等等,我没有钥匙
You know where the key is?
你知道钥匙在哪里吗
Big Boy's desk?
老板的桌上
Go get it.
去拿去
No one touches the desk.
谁也不许碰桌子
Unless he's here. He's not here now.
除非他本人在这里,他现在不在这里,
We really need to drop this off.
我们真的需要把钱交了
Hey whoa whoa whoa. What are you doing?
你们要干什么
Trying the knob. Can't do that.
看看门锁没锁,不行,
If it's open it's open right?
门根本没锁,好吗
We uh...
我们
Don't you fucking move!
都别他妈动
What are you creeping around for?
你们偷偷摸摸的在干什么
A dropoff. The room is closed.
来送钱,房间已经锁上了,
It was unlocked so It was occupied!
没有锁,所以,里面有人,
It was as occupied as a room can get!
里面有人在忙活
We were late. Just a little late.
我们晚了,就晚了一点儿,
Last time there was some concern. Give that to me.
上次有点不顺利,给我,
Uh technically that's supposed to go in the uh...
按理说这个应该交到
Well as long as it's in Ralph's hands
反正给拉尔菲了
I guess it's okay to
我觉得就可以...
What the fuck are you trying to pull?
你们在玩什么把戏
What are we trying to pull?
我们在玩什么把戏
Ralph you want us to track down the Big Boy?
拉尔菲,需要我们去找老板吗
Go find Mike D'Angelo.
去找麦克?迪?安格罗
Let me take her out of here. Just let me do that.
让我带她走,求你了
So you can book off again?
你好再逃一次吗
You didn't come for me.
你不是为我而来的
You the honeypot though ain't you?
你还真是招蜂引蝶呢
You can't want her part of this. It's not what you are.
你不会把她也卷进来,你不是这样的人
You don't know me do you?
你不了解我
I know you wouldn't stop.
我知道你不会收手
I know I had to leave or never be free.
我知道我不离开,就永远不会自由
You free now?
你现在自由吗
Seven years I close my eyes at night.
七年了,每晚我闭上眼睛
Only thing got me to sleep was your voice in my head.
只有脑海里你的声音才能让我睡着
Then I realized I didn't even remember what you sound like.
然后我意识到我都不记得你的声音了
Just made you up.
只是虚构了一个你
Tell me what happened.
告诉我发生了什么事
Please?
好吗
Where are we?
我们在哪
we're in New York precious.
我们在纽约,宝贝
Like I said we'd be.
之前说好的
I fell asleep.
我睡着了
Yes you did.
是的
Can I have something to eat?
我能吃点东西吗
As soon as we finish here.
忙完这里的事就可以了
How soon is that?
要多久
Not long.
不会很久
Will it be?
对吗
Where you hail from little one?
你从哪来的,小不点
It's okay. You can tell him.
没关系,告诉他吧
I was born in Oklahoma.
我出生在俄克拉何马州
But we've been all over.
但是我们去过很多地方
When your mama sing?
你妈妈什么时候唱歌
She doesn't sing.
她不唱歌
Then what she do?
那她都干什么
Work for Mr. Engler.
为安格勒先生工作
Yeah? Who that?
是吗,那是谁
He's a white man in Memphis.
他是孟斐斯的一位白人叔叔
What she do for him?
她为他做什么工作
I keep his toilets clean.
我帮他打扫厕所
I'm begging you.
求你别问了
Will you let me in?
能让我进去吗
We can't talk if I'm not able to see you.
见不到你的面,我们怎么谈
It's a long way to travel for foolish games.
我赶了老远的路,别闹了
Let him in.
让他进来
Go on.
去吧
Okay.
好的
Go sit over there and be quiet.
坐那边去,别出声
Go sit over there.
坐那边去
I see.
原来如此
What's your name?
你叫什么名字
My name's Althea.
我叫艾尔西亚
That's pretty.
真美
Do you know what it means?
你知道是什么意思吗
It means "healing" in ancient Greek.
是古希腊语"治愈"的意思
My name is Valentin.
我叫瓦伦丁
And this man do you know him?
这个男人你认识吗
They ain't a part of this.
这事和他们没关系
Well I suppose we all have our affairs to discuss.
我们都有自己的私事要讨论
How are you keeping Mr. Glass?
你好吗,格拉斯先生
Look at the ocean.
我在看海
What about it?
海怎么了
That color two weeks before the season starts?
旺季开始两周前是这个颜色
Bad sign.
坏兆头
Looks all right to me.
我看着还好
That's hurricane water.
看这样是要刮飓风了
Kind of early for that. Bad sign for the summer.
这时候还没飓风吧,夏天的坏兆头,
Let's hope for the best.
但愿不会发生吧
That's easy for you to say.
说得轻巧
I have three and a half months to make my living out here.
我就剩三个半月时间赚钱糊口了
If I don't turn a profit now I don't turn one.
要是现在不能盈利,那就没戏了
At all.
彻底没戏了
But that never stops the lot of you showing up like clockwork.
就算这样,你还是每天准时来店里收钱
Does it?
不是吗
How's that?
你说什么
Where's Lindsay anyway?
琳赛人呢
Sheriff's got his hands full today so...
警长今天很忙
There's a problem.
有点问题
Yes sir? Little thief running around.
怎么了先生,这附近有个小贼,
You need to get on it.
你得处理一下
What? Sneaky little monkey.
什么,狡猾的小崽子,
Comes in right behind the customers.
跟在客人身后进来
Before you know it makes off with a box of Caporals.
一不留神就顺走一盒伍长烟草跑了
Twice now.
已经有两次了
Can you describe him?
能描述一下他的样貌吗
10 11.
十岁出头,
Flat cap. Dirty little monkey.
小平帽,肮脏的小崽子
Well we'll keep an eye out.
好,我们会留意的
I'm giving you this why?
我为什么要把这钱给你
I vow to bring that rascal to justice Mr. Glass.
我发誓把这个混账绳之以法,格拉斯先生
"Take your warclub Puggawaugun "
带上你的武器,布格瓦根,
and your mittens Minjekahwun
和你的手套,门洁卡瓦
and your birchcanoe for sailing"...
驶着你的桦树木舟
He's gonna blow it. You can see it in his eyes.
他肯定背不下来,从他眼睛里都能看出来,
"may pass the black pitchwater;
可能会经过那片黑水,
slay this merciless magician
宰杀这无情的妖人
save the people from the fever
从瘟疫中解救百姓
that he breathes across the fenlands And"
踏过这片沼泽地,然后..."
Francis. Give up.
弗朗西斯,放弃吧
I had to memorize the whole thing.
我以前得把整首诗背下来
You lowly piece of crap.
你这卑贱的小废物
You worm.
你个害虫
You dog. You hound. You kangaroo.
你是条狗,你是猎犬,你个袋鼠,
What?
什么
You know hop hop.
就是跳啊跳的那个
I am a kangaroo. How do you do?
我是袋鼠,你好吗
In my pouch I have a kazoo.
我的育儿袋里有只卡祖笛
What the fuck are you talking about?
你他妈在说什么
Take your shirt off.
把你衣服脱掉
You lost the bet. You got to take something off.
你打赌输了,你得脱衣服
Let's go. How come you never lose?
脱呀,你怎么没输过,
We're smarter than you.
我们比你聪明
And younger.
还比你年轻
This is shit.
太难喝了
Worst booze in town.
全市最难喝的酒
Worst booze in New Jersey.
新泽西最难喝的酒
Fuck you Irene.
我操你丫的,艾琳
What'd you have to say that for?
干嘛骂我
'Cause I felt like it.
想骂就骂了,
You're a lousy goddamn lush.
你个龌龊的酒鬼
And you're King Neptune's consort.
你还是海神王的女伴呢
I almost was once.
我有次差点当选了
King Neptune's cocksucker.
给海神王吹箫
Try it again I'll brain you.
再敢来一下,我就打爆你的脑袋
I know where to get the good stuff.
我知道去哪能搞到好酒
Yeah? Where?
是吗,在哪
The RitzCarlton. I'll walk you right in.
丽嘉卡顿酒店,我带你们进去
And how you gonna do that?
你怎么带我们进去
Mama dressed me for the parade.
妈妈给我打扮好了参加游行
They know who I am there.
他们认识我
Well then Francis what the fuck are you doing with us?
弗朗西斯,那你跟我们瞎搅合什么
I know them but I'm not like them.
我认识他们,但我跟他们不是一路的
I'm like you.
我跟你一样
I had little wings. Start at the bottom.
我有小翅膀,从底层摸爬滚打,
With nothing. You have nothing.
一无所有,孑然一身
A little tiara.
有个小冠冕
There's an opportunity. You take it.
见缝插针,不放过任何机会
What choice do you have?
还有别的选吗
I looked like an angel.
我简直像个天使
You don't have a choice. Get yourself ahead.
你没得选,先下手为强
What else can you do?
你还能做些什么
For what though huh?
做来干什么啊
For what?
为了什么啊
No one ever talks about that.
根本没人提起这事
No one ever asks. What's the point
根本没人问,有什么意义
Why don't you shut the fuck up?
你为什么不闭嘴
Excuse me?
你说什么
Nobody wants to listen to your stupid shit.
没人想听你鬼扯
I'm not talking to you.
我又不是在跟你说
I can hear you anyways. I'm fucking sick of it.
反正我听得到,我就是他妈的烦你
Then go somewhere else.
那滚别处待着去
This is my place. This is where I belong.
这是我的地盘,我就该待在这
Sure is.
当然了
What's that you old whore? I'll punch your tits off.
笑什么老婊子,信不信我打烂你们的奶子
You too you squirrelfaced cunt.
你也是,麻雀脸孙子
Why don't you watch your mouth?
你干吗不管好你的臭嘴
Why don't you spoon the shit out of my asshole
你干嘛不从问我屁股讨泡屎
and eat it for dinner?
然后当午饭吃了
I think you need to apologize to these ladies.
我觉得你该向女士们道歉
Make me.
逼我啊
Francis. Help us please.
弗朗西斯,帮帮我们,求你了
"Straightway from the Shining Wigwam "
阳光普照的威瓜姆畔,
came the mighty Megissogwon
走出了强壮的麦格索昆
tall of stature broad of shoulder
高大威武,宽肩熊背
clad from head to foot in wampum
从头到脚穿金戴银
armed with all his warlike weapons."
还带着他最得力的武器”
Apologize.
道歉
Apologize.
道歉
Suck my dick Mary Jane.
舔屌去吧,娘娘腔
"Thus departed Hiawatha "
尽管与海华沙分别,
to the regions of the homewind
我仍然要去家乡的风拂过的地方
to the Islands of the Blessed
去祝福之岛
to the Kingdom of Ponemah
去波尼马之国
to the Land of the Hereafter."
去来生之地”
See? I do know it.
你看,我背得下来
Guess you win after all.
还是你赢了
What do I get?
我有什么好处
What do you want?
你想要什么
I want to fuck you both.
我想干你们两个
Who wants to talk first?
谁想先说
Maybe you.
还是你吧
We...
我们...
came to rob the joint?
去抢了家店
The fucking balls.
去你妈的
We knew the big boy would be out and
我们知道那大块头出去了然后
Skeleton crew. Yeah skeleton crew.
他是精英,没错,精英,
Figured it'd be easy.
我觉得会很简单
How did you geniuses get that idea?
你怎么会这么天才地想出这个点子
My wife.
是我老婆
Your wife told you to rob Al Capone?
你老婆叫你抢阿尔?卡彭
We're having trouble at home.
我们家里有点麻烦
I can vouch for that.
这点我能作证
How you want to handle this?
你想怎么办
Only one choice right?
只有一个选择吧
You're the boss. You want to do it?
你说了算,你想动手吗
Do you want me to do it?
你想让我动手吗
Do you want to wait for Al?
你想等阿尔吧
Just get 'em out of here.
别在这动手
Neat and quick. That's me all over.
手脚干净利落点,我一向如此,
You need any of these guys?
要这些人帮忙吗
Nah I got my boys outside.
不用,我的人就在门外
Let's go. Where to?
我们走,去哪,
Dance Marathon.
跳舞马拉松
Let's see how long you can stay on your feet.
看看你能跳多久
Do you want another one?
你想换一个吗
No sir.
不,先生
Off to the races.
去跑道上吧
Evening Al. You're back early.
晚上好,阿尔,你回来早了
Yeah.
是啊
Any little duck can quack
鸭子都会叫
Any little worm can crawl
虫子都会爬
Any little mole can frolic in the sun
鼹鼠都会在太阳下跳舞
And make a little hole and have a little fun
打个洞来偷着乐
Ralphie meet my new friends.
拉尔菲,来见见我的新朋友
Mr. Paul Muni Mr. George Raft.
保罗?穆尼先生,和乔治?拉夫特先生
They've journeyed here from Hollywood California.
他们从加利福尼亚的好莱坞来到这里
Land of dreams. Tell him why you're here George.
梦想之地,告诉他们你为什么来,乔治
We're doing a crime picture.
我们在拍一部犯罪片
Set in Chicago. That's right.
以芝加哥为背景,没错,
About?
讲什么的
Kind of a Shakespearean drama.
莎士比亚式的剧本
Man's rise and fall. With lots of action.
讲述人的沉浮,还有许多动作戏,
And he gets it in the end right?
他最后成功了,是不是
That's how they have to do it.
剧情必须这样
And to show them how that works
为了给这两位先生点素材
I figured I'd introduce them to Mr. Bugs Moran.
我觉得应该把巴格斯?莫兰介绍给他们
Break open the Cubanos.
拆盒古巴雪茄
Drinks. Let's get a card game going huh?
还有喝的,咱来玩俩把牌吧
What are you doing here?
你们怎么在这里
We were just leaving.
我们这就走
That's a different question.
你们没回答我的问题
Taking care of a problem Al.
有点小问题罢了,阿尔
What problem?
什么问题
Interesting.
有意思
You two make yourselves at home.
你们俩不用拘谨,喝好玩好
You two over here.
你们俩,过来
If you would be so kind.
麻烦你们了
You heard the man.
快走
Okay folks listen up. Look up walk up and pay up.
朋友们,瞧一瞧来看一看
Yes it's a grand day to stroll the boardwalk.
今天正适合在木板路上散步
But we got more to see than water and sand.
但除了眼前的景色,还有别的好看
Just one nickel pays admission to Atlantic City's very own...
只要五分钱就能看到大西洋城特有的...
Could you put a word in? It's tricky.
能向上面的人引荐我吗,没那么简单,
I'm not looking for much. Just something in the department.
我也不求多,只要有个事做就行
It needs to be the right time.
这事得看时候
Jim Neary gets put up for alderman.
吉姆?内尔利都提名市议员了
You want to be like Jim Neary?
你想成为吉姆?内尔利那样的人吗
Man doesn't have an honest bone in his body.
那小子嘴里就没一句真话
You paid money to go to that dinner.
你哪怕花钱都要去他的庆功宴
What's that got to do with it?
这跟我有什么相关
Next time you see the Commodore...
下次你见到准将时...
I'll handle it.
我会处理的
Well maybe one of the firehouses
可以是消防队啊...
Eli you need to trust me okay?
伊莱,你得信任我,好吗
Nuck.
努克
Hey Nuck. What?
努克,怎么了,
Last Sunday
上周日
I went with June and her parents up to Brigantine.
我跟琼和她的父母一起去布里根泰恩
We're all walking along the shore
我们沿着海岸一起散步时
and she goes "I lost my hair ribbon.
她说,"我的发带掉了
Help me find it."
帮我找找"
We wind up behind the grass. Caporals! Caporals!
最后我们躲进了草丛,香烟,香烟,
And she lets me put my hand right there.
她允许我把手放在那
A penny apiece. Caporals.
一分钱一根,来买香烟啦
Hey mister cigarette? I couldn't believe it.
先生,要买香烟吗,我简直不敢相信,
You could hear them all talking on the other
都能听到他们在外面说话...
What's going on?
出什么事了
Watch out!
小心点
Stop!
站住
Watch it!
当心
Popcorn peanuts and a prize for the kiddies!
爆米花,花生,给您的孩子买点礼物吧
One little nickel gets you a lot of deliciousness!
只要五分钱就能大快朵颐
Right here get your pretzels...
就在这里,买点椒盐脆饼吧
This really hurts my feelings.
这可真伤我的心
I mean what'd I ever do to you huh?
我哪里冒犯到你俩了
Except give you a leg up?
我没帮过你吗
I take you in. Favor to your brother
我拉你入伙,是看你哥哥的面子
so you could lay low.
好让你避避风头
Didn't I do that?
不是吗
You did.
是你帮的
You ever say thank you? I never heard it.
你有说过哪怕一句谢谢吗,我没听过
Thank you very much.
非常感谢你
Doesn't count now.
现在说没用
And you.
还有你
I thought we was buddies.
我还当我们是哥们
Of course we are Al.
我们当然是了,阿尔
You steal from buddies?
你会偷哥们的钱吗
What kind of a man does that make you?
你这样算个什么东西啊
Greedy.
贪财的人
Just very greedy.
我只是很贪财罢了
And you?
你呢
I'm greedy too.
我也是贪财
Here's what I'm thinking.
我是这么想的
I don't believe you.
我觉得你们在说谎
I think you're up to something.
我觉得你们揣着什么鬼点子
I think Charlie Luciano was right.
我感觉查理?卢西亚诺是对的
I think you're a fucking badge.
你他妈就是个条子
Al you got your guests.
阿尔,这还有客人
Turn up the radio Ralphie.
收音机声音调大点,拉尔菲
What you have to say?
还有什么好说的吗
I am Nelson Kasper Van Alden!
我是尼尔森?卡斯帕?范?奥尔登
I am a sworn agent of the United States Treasury.
我曾宣誓担任美国财政部探员
And I swear by Jesus our Lord
我向上帝起誓
justice will rain down upon you if it is my last
你会受到正义的惩罚,如果这是我
Fucking Fed piece of shit.
操蛋的联邦探员
Get him off me! Get him off me!
把他拉开,拉开
You all right Snork?
你没事吧,哥们
He was gonna kill me. He was gonna kill me.
他要杀我,他要杀我
This concludes our broadcast day.
今天的直播到此为止
This is Herbert Carter signing off from Chicago.
赫伯特?卡特在芝加哥向您说再见
All this time.
这么久了
The shit with the irons?
这个摆弄手铐的烂人
Fuck! Fuck you!
操,操你丫的
Fuck! I'm sorry June.
操,对不起,琼,
Fucking son of a bitch. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.
王八蛋,对不起,对不起,
Boss you all right? I'm sorry. I'm sorry June.
老大你没事吧,抱歉,琼,
It's all right. What are you mumbling?
没事,你嘀咕什么呢,
Stay out.
别进来
I'm talking to you huh?!
我跟你说话呢
Spill it! Spill it now!
说话,说
WWe came for the ledgers.
我们冲着账本来的
Why?
为什么
We were told to.
别人安排的
By who? This Fed... who was squeezing us.
谁,有个敲诈我们的探员,
What's his name huh?
他叫什么名字
Look either way it's over huh?
听着,反正你都完了
Tell me and I'll make it quick.
告诉我,我给你个痛快
This "Prohee"... named Ness.
那个禁酒探员,叫内斯
We was barbers Ralphie?
我们从前是理发师,拉尔斐
Yeah?
嗯,
We would be asleep now.
我们现在都该睡了
Face down in a cornfield.
找块麦田脸朝下埋了
Sure thing Al.
没问题,阿尔
What do we tell his brother?
我们怎么跟他兄弟说
Luciano's taking care of him.
有卢西亚诺对付呢
Mike?
麦克
Watch him.
看着他
You finish that
完事以后
Al wants you to run this over to Cicero.
阿尔要你把这个送到西塞罗
He's not feeling safe.
他不放心
He's very grateful for what you've done.
他很感谢你的所作所为
Lobby.
大厅到了
He had two kids.
他有两个孩子
So do I.
我也是
When they ask what I do I won't be ashamed to tell them.
他们问我是做什么的,我不会说不出口
What happens to me?
我这是怎么了
You think I give a shit?
你觉得我在乎吗
Buy yourself a bus ticket.
自己买张车票去
Hiawatha?
酋长大人
You like the decor?
你喜欢这的装潢吗
Just what I was looking for.
正合我意
Then what's your pleasure?
你喜欢怎么来
Her first then you.
先是她,再是你
You don't like me?
你不喜欢我
Save you for last.
把你留到最后
Where do you want to do it?
你想在哪里做
Right here.
就在这儿
Filthy little boy.
下流胚子
Son of a Piney that's me.
这叫新泽西人本色
I thought you was from Missouri.
我以为你是密苏里来的
I am a kangaroo. How do you do?
我是一只袋鼠,你好吗
Let's get dirty.
我们来放纵吧
Looking for my pouch?
在找我的育儿袋吗
Found it.
找到了
Hop on in.
进来啊
Francis just so you know
弗朗西斯,你要知道
nothing personal.
我并不是针对你
Boss still inside?
老大还在里面吗
Well is this how you imagined it?
你是这么想的吗
These many years? With another innocent at hand? It can't be.
这么多年了,还带着个孩子,不可能的
You think you getting out of this?
你以为你能全身而退吗
The battle is already over.
战争已经结束了
I walked in here on my own accord. I have no weapon.
我孤身一人进来,没带武器
Your men outside. That would all happen after.
你的人在外头,那是后话,
Does that matter to you? I don't think it does.
对你有影响吗,我不觉得
Send the little one out.
送小家伙出去
But not Miss Maitland?
不送梅特兰小姐吗
What you come here for?
你来这干嘛
True now.
说实话
I need to open it.
我得把箱子打开
I paid for the studio
我花钱录下来
the musicians the pressing.
雇了音乐家,在报刊上刊登消息
No one will play it.
可没人愿意放
No one will hire me.
没人愿意雇我
Not in Chicago. Not in Kansas City.
芝加哥没有,堪萨斯城没有
Not anywhere. What have I to do with that?
哪里都没有,这跟我有什么关系呢,
You stopped them to stop me.
你不让他们雇我的
My reach extends to every honkytonk and barrelhouse?
我的势力能遍布每个小破酒馆吗
I can't live that way. Not with her.
我不能跟她这么活着
Give her up. Others do.
放弃她吧,大家都放弃了
You are drowning me.
你要弄死我
Drop by drop.
一点一点的
Perhaps the failing is your own.
或许你的失败是因为你自己
Won't you let me go?
你能放我走吗
I came here from a meeting downtown
我在市区开完会过来的
more truthful to say I was summoned
说实话是卢西亚诺先生
with a Mr. Luciano.
叫我过去的
I remember him.
我记得他
I am being dictated terms.
他是来给我讲规矩的
I will be allowed to conduct my business
我可以继续经营我的生意
but only under his control.
但要在他的掌控之下
In exchange I will be protected from others of his kind.
作为交换,他的人不会伤害我
He will allow me
我在自己家
to conduct my business in my home.
做个生意还要他允许
This is the new order of things.
这是新规矩
Ain't no concern of mine. What if it were?
跟我有什么关系,如果有呢,
And am I worse than those devils who betrayed you?
我比那些背叛你的恶魔还坏吗
You the only devil I know.
我就认识你一个恶魔
Call me what you will. I never claimed to be your friend.
随便你怎么叫我,我没想过做你朋友
I'll make a place for you.
我会给你地位
I'll pay you well.
多给你分红
If it's blood you want you'll have your chance to spill it.
如果你想要血债血偿,你会有机会的
Me help you?
我帮你吗
You help yourself.
是你帮你自己
Every soul in this room yearns to be free.
这间房中的每个灵魂都渴望自由
Put the record on.
把唱片放上
I'm making you an offer. You'll not get a better one.
这是我的提议,你不可能找到更好的了
Put it on.
放上
I'll take the bargain.
我接受
No.
不,
Don't really matter to me.
我无所谓
It's not what I came for.
我不是为这来的
You came to be heard. That's your voice.
你希望别人听到你的歌声,我们听到了
You set it up and I belong to you.
你办好这事,我就跟随你
Pick the city. I'll make the call.
选个地方,我会打电话安排的
You'll be booked tomorrow.
你明天就会有工作了
You weren't put on this earth to be no ofay's maid.
你不是给白人做女佣的命
You can't trust him.
你不能相信他
Don't you know that?
难道你不知道吗
I say I can. Far as I need to.
我可以,我也需要相信他
You ever meet your daddy?
你见过你爸吗
Mama loved him but she had to leave.
妈妈爱他,但她必须离开
Baby girl...
宝贝
you stay real close to your mama now you hear?
你现在紧跟着你妈,好吗
Keep her away from men like me.
让她远离我这种男人
Let's get to business.
让我们谈正事吧
I'll need the gun. As a gesture of loyalty.
为了表示你的忠心,把枪给我
They leave first.
先让她们走
We'll all go together.
我们一起走
What sense that make?
这有什么意义呢
We headed in different places.
我们要去不同的地方
Go on now.
快走吧
Help with that ma'am?
我来帮忙,女士
Yes of course you do.
你可以离开
Our collaboration begins.
我们的合作开始了
Pop wants to see you.
爸想见你
Why does he need money?
为什么,他需要钱吗
It's not like that. Then what?
不是这样的,那是什么,
He's only got two sons.
他只有两个儿子
I see Ma that's what matters.
我知道,"妈"这才是最重要的
Talks about you all the time.
他总谈起你
Fuck him.
操他妈的
Don't use words like that.
别说脏话
Mabel's pregnant.
梅布尔怀孕了
She is?
是吗
Well that's bully.
太好了
Hold on there.
别动
All right. All right.
好了,好了
Calm down. No one's gonna hurt you.
冷静,没人会伤害你的
You're caught that's all.
你被抓住了,仅此而已
Been busy today hmm?
你今天挺忙的啊
What's your name?
你叫什么名字
You must have a name.
你肯定有个名字吧
Nellie Bly.
娜丽?布莱
Don't cut shines with me. That's what it says on the book.
别糊弄我,那是书上的名字
I'm Nucky.
我叫努基
That's my brother Eli.
他是我弟弟伊莱
It's not as bad as you think. Just tell me your name.
事情没你想得那么糟,告诉我你叫什么
Gillian.
吉莉安
That's not a name for a boy.
这不是男孩的名字
I'm not a boy.
我不是男孩
Fuck you looking at?
你他妈看什么看
You think I don't know who you are?
你以为我不知道你是谁
You little thieving monkey.
你这个小偷
I'll run you out of town.
看我把你从这撵出去
What?
什么
You expect some kind of favor?
你以为我会对你网开一面
You stupid fucking child.
该死的小混蛋
Why would you trust me?
你为什么要相信我
I don't understand.
我不明白
Old Rumpus. $50.
去喧嚣依旧,五十块钱
You hear me? I'll give you 50.
你听见了吗,我给你五十块钱
I said I'll pay you.
我说了给钱的
You don't have to pay me sir. I already work for you.
你不用付钱,先生,我就是给你干活的
To see you.
要见你
What's your name?
你叫什么名字
Joe Harper.
乔?哈珀
Where from?
哪儿人
Indiana.
印第安纳州
What are you doing here?
那你来这儿做什么
Trying to get ahead.
想出人头地
What you saw tonight
你今晚看到的...
I didn't see anything. You saw me.
我什么都没看见,你看见我了,
Anything I might have said
不管我说了什么...
You just said you wanted to go home.
你只说了你想回家
Take it.
拿着
No sir.
不,先生
Why not?
为什么
You just had a rough night.
你只是今晚过得不顺心
That's all.
仅此而已
Besides if you only help people to help yourself
而且,要是助人只为利己
what kind of world would it be?
那算什么世道呢
Someone I was close to just died
一个与我亲近的人刚刚死了
because of me.
因我而死
Last thing I heard her say was
她对我说的最后一句话是
"Have your coffee."
"快喝咖啡去"
She's gone
她死了
and I'm still here.
而我还活着
What kind of world is that?
这算什么世道
Come on now. It's not helping yourself.
拿着吧,这不算你利己
It's helping me.
是在帮我
Senor?
先生
They are downstairs.
他们在楼下
What?
什么
I need everybody to listen good.
所有人好好听着
You will swear an oath of allegiance
你们要发誓效忠
to Mr. Nucky Thompson of Atlantic City New Jersey
新泽西州大西洋城的努基?汤普森先生
to protect and defend his person and property against all enemies
扞卫他的人身和财产不受敌人侵犯
foreign and domestic as long as you both shall live.
赴汤蹈火,在所不辞
Nobody knew where you were.
没人知道你去哪儿了
So I done a Paul Revere.
所以我提前集结了人手
We saddling up for a showdown or not?
我们到底要不要开战
We are.
开战
Bring the car around.
把车开过来
You ain't never gonna stop them white boys.
你阻止不了白人
Why do you say that?
为什么这么说
They everywhere. You just here.
他们无处不在,你只有这一块地
I'd call surviving a victory.
能生存下去就是胜利
Well you pretty slick at that.
你倒是挺油嘴滑舌的
Gonna keep your word to her?
你对她说的话能做到吗
'Cause I'm keeping to mine.
我自己的话说到做到,
How will you know?
你怎么知道呢
I won't.
我不知道
Then tell yourself I will.
那就告诉自己我会做到吧
All a dream to begin with.
浮生若梦
Ain't nobody ever been free.
没有人是自由的
All right then.
那么来吧