手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 美剧《傲骨贤妻》 > 傲骨贤妻第二季 > 正文

傲骨贤妻第二季(MP3+中英字幕):第2集 龌龊事被公之于众

来源:可可英语 编辑:clover   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

In the matter of The People of Illinois v. Randall A. Simmons,

伊利诺伊州以一级谋杀罪名
case number 10-C-R-2085,
控告兰德尔·A·西蒙斯
on the charge of first degree murder,
案件编号10-C-R-2085
we find the defendant...
我们裁决被告...
not guilty.
无罪
It's over. It's over.
都结束了,都结束了
You hear me?
听见没
Murderer!
凶手
You killed my daughter!
你杀了我女儿
You! You! Order!
就是你,秩序
Order in this court!
注意法庭秩序
Dad. Son.
爸爸,儿子
Murderer!
凶手
Bailiff, restrain that woman.
法警,控制住那名妇女
Murderer!
凶手
You! You!
就是你
I'm warning you.
我警告你
I can clear this court if order's not restored.
再破坏秩序,我就下令法庭清场
Hey!
I want you to have that.
你给我看看这个
They were willing to take it.
他们本乐意接受这个条件
Eight years, second degree murder.
8年刑期,二级谋杀指控
We agreed it was the right move.
你我都同意当初的决定的
Tell that to her.
去和她说这个吧
That was a tough one.
真是艰难的案子
Thought you had it.
本以为你要赢了
You had the jury.
陪审团支持你
You had the judge.
可法官支持你
He killed her, you know?
他的确杀了她,知道吗
We don't know anything.
我们什么都不知道
It's not about trial.
关键不在审判
It's about pretrial.
而在预审
It's about excluding evidence.
在于把某些证据排除出去
Even a case like Randall Simmons?
即便西蒙斯这样的案子也是如此?
Especially a case like Randall Simmons.
西蒙斯这样的案子更是如此
We didn't win that in court.
尽管听上去不够刺激
I know it's not sexy,
但我们并不是在庭审阶段胜出的
but we won that in pretrial motions.
而是在审前动议阶段
No, it's sexy.
不,这很刺激
What's this for again?
这要发表在哪家杂志
Chicago Law Review.
《芝加哥法律评论》
My last question, Mr. Gardner, if you don't mind.
不介意的话,最后一个问题,加德纳先生
Sure. Shoot.
没问题,说吧
You don't really prefer boxers over briefs, do you?
你真的更喜欢四角内裤,而不是三角内裤?
What?
什么
And this is about the...
这是那本...
You don't really want to know about my legal strategy, do you?
你并不是为了了解我的法庭策略,对吧
I do.
我想了解
But first, are you proud of being
但首先,你是本市排名第16的钻石王老五
the city's 16th most eligible bachelor?
你对此感到骄傲吗
Well, I was lobbying for 12th, but it's all very political.
我一直积极活动升上12名,但这里有很多潜规则
Joe.
I sure didn't expect to see you here.
真没想到在这儿见到你
I'm an independent conservative, remember?
我是个无党派的保守派议员,记得吗
But let's give these Republicans some credit.
但对这些共和党人还是给予些肯定吧
Oh, Joe, there you are. Sorry, I was on a call.
乔,你来了,抱歉,我在打电话
Look who I found haunting your halls.
看看谁来了
Oh, hello.
哦,你好
Hello.
你好
Are you...?
你...
Looking for Derrick Bond.
我来找德里克·邦德
Lou.
Derrick. Good to see you. And you.
很高兴见到你,德里克,我也是
I liked your D.C. Offices.
我喜欢你在华盛顿的办公室
Yes. Yes, I think I like these a little bit more.
是啊,但我更喜欢这里的办公室
More, um, traditional.
更传统一些
Oh, Mr. Trippi, nice to meet you. Good to meet you.
特里皮先生,幸会,幸会
This is Mr. Bond.
这位是邦德先生
Bond & Associates.
邦德律所的
We, uh, merged.
我们合并了
You're really representing Lou Dobbs?
你们真要做鲁·多布斯的代理人?
I, um... am as surprised as you.
呃,其实我和你一样吃惊
Talk about strange bedfellows.
你和你的新合伙人还真是同床异梦呵
Uh, so I'm going to start streaming this live now,
那么我就要开始网络直播了
if that's okay, Mr. Florrick.
有问题吗,福瑞克先生
It is, Freddy. Go right ahead.
没问题,弗雷迪,开始吧
Thank you for doing this, Mr. Florrick,
感谢您接受采访,福瑞克先生
and, uh, congratulations on your traction
首先要恭喜您,您正在迎头赶上查尔兹
against Glenn Childs-- it must feel good.
感觉不错吧
Well, I love this city, Freddy.
我爱这座城市,弗雷迪
So what's your take on the state's attorney loss
昨天州检方指控杀妻凶手西蒙斯一案败诉了
yesterday against the wife killer Randall Simmons?
您对此有何评论
A tragedy. That was winnable.
是个悲剧,本来能赢的
Think Simmons should have gotten a stiff sentence--
您认为西蒙斯本该受到严厉的刑罚?
the stiffer the better?
刑罚越狠越好?
Absolutely.
当然
If the punishment fits the crime,
在罪刑相当的前提下
the stiffer the better.
越狠越好
But, um, your wife was on the defense team.
但是,您的夫人在被告的律师团里
Now isn't that a dichotomy--
你是不是觉得两边为难
your wife fighting to get a wife killer out on the streets.
您的夫人正努力使一名杀妻凶手逃脱制裁
No, not at all.
不不,完全没有
As a matter of fact, I'm very proud of my wife.
实际上,我为我的妻子感到骄傲
The job of a state's attorney is not to wish
州检察官不应该指望辩护律师放你一马
that the defense goes easier on you, it's to fight harder.
而应该努力地与之针锋相对
Fair enough.
说得好
Now do you expect to have any sort of open debate...
您是否期望进行一种公开的辩论...
Mr. Gold... Five minutes then pull him.
戈德先生,过5分钟让他结束
We have another dozen of these to do.
我们还有一堆这种采访
Well, we caught something on College Humor.
我们在collegehumor.com上发现了一些东西
You should take a look.
您该看看
I completely agree and so does Peter Florrick.
我完全同意,福瑞克先生也是
He'll be happy to have people like you helping his campaign.
他会很乐意有您这样的人帮助他竞选
Well, that's very nice, ma'am.
那太好了,女士
You should really come hear Mr. Florrick speak.
您该来听听福瑞克先生演讲
Well, hello there.
你好啊
Oh, thank you, Mrs. Twohy.
谢谢您,特沃西太太
Yes, I'm looking forward to it.
是的,我很期待
Mr. Gold, hello.
你好,戈德先生
Becca.
贝卡
You're looking healthy.
你看起来气色不错
I am healthy.
我身体很好
You cut your hair.
您剪头发了
Yes, it was getting long.
是啊,头发长了
So you're a volunteer.
你来这儿做志愿者
I am. I'm just giving back.
是啊,我想回报一下
Inspiring.
我很感动啊
Youth today putting aside their video games.
当代的年轻人能放下手中的游戏机
Oh, the Obama generation.
这就是奥巴马一代
No.
不用了
Why, Mr. Gold, you... you don't trust me?
为什么,戈德先生,你不信任我吗
Oddly enough, no.
是挺奇怪,的确不信任
Hmm. I haven't tweeted.
我没发微博啊
You asked me not to, and I didn't tweet.
你叫我别发,我就没再发
I threatened you not to tweet and you did tweet,
我警告你别发微博,可你还是发了
about whether Mr. Michaels, your history teacher, was gay.
讨论你的历史老师迈克尔是不是同性恋
Zach said you needed volunteers.
扎克说你这里需要志愿者
That's why I'm here.
所以我来了
Zach told you?
扎克和你说的?
Yes, your boss's son.
是啊,你老板的公子
I'm sorry, we're all full up.
抱歉,我们的人手足够了
But thank you,
不过还是谢谢你
dear Becca.
亲爱的贝卡
Excuse me, Mr. Gold... Thank her and get rid of her.
打搅下,戈德先生,跟她说谢谢然后让她滚
College Humor-- it just went up an hour ago.
collegehumor.com上,1小时前出来的
It's the call girl, Amber.
是那个应召女郎,安贝儿
On the bed, in the car out of state. He's the best candidate.
滚床单,玩车震,他是最佳候选人
No one makes me self stimulate like Peter Florrick
彼得最撩人,我为他出动潜水艇
Oh, dear God.
哦,天啊
People say you're down in the polls,
他们说,你民调落后
but I say you're always good at coming from behind.
但我说,彼得推车,定能后来居上
Coming from behind Oh, dear God.
推车后上,哦,天啊
You're not afraid to hand out stiff sentences,
和我玩,你一向特别狠
and I think you agree, the stiffer the better.
你一定赞成,越狠越好
Stiffer is better. And let's not even get into...
越狠越好,更别说...
Get the key!
拿钥匙来
Is the other door unlocked?
另一扇门锁上了吗
No. Mr. Gold, he's going to open it after the interview.
没有,戈德先生,采访结束后他会开门
No... It's a setup!
这是陷害
Get him off the interview!
让他停止接受采访
Cut it! Shut down the computer!
快切断,关掉电脑
They're setting up his words!
他们在套他的话
It's a setup.
是在陷害他
Stop it now.
马上停止采访
Okay, Freddy, thank you.
好的,弗雷迪,谢谢你
What are you doing? What is it?
你在干什么,怎么了
We just gave them tomorrow's news cycle.
我们刚给了他们明天新闻的好题目
Where you at?
怎么不防我
Oh! Yes!
哦耶
Done!
结束了
Just like old times.
跟以前一样
Who wins? Me.
谁赢了?我
Well?
那么
I still don't like it as much as racquetball.
我还是更喜欢壁球
Why the call, Cary?
打电话找我什么事,凯里
Why?
为什么
The old peace corps gang kept wanted to know what happened to you.
和平部队的老朋友想了解你的近况嘛
Really?
是吗
What is that, your novel?
这是什么,你写的小说?
It's a murder case. Randall Simmons.
西蒙斯谋杀案
Thought his wife was cheating on him,
他认为他老婆在外面乱搞
stabbed her 38 times with a bowie knife.
用猎刀捅了她38下
Thought you'd take a look at it.
我觉得你会感兴趣的
Why?
为什么
I lost.
我输了
Take off your shoe.
鞋子脱下来
Why? Because I want you to take off your shoe.
干嘛,叫你脱就脱
It's on my foot. So untie it.
还穿在脚上呢,解下来
Yeah, just take a look at it.
好吧,看看这案子吧
They were willing to take eight years.
他们本愿意接受8年刑期
So you screwed up.
结果你搞砸了
We thought we could get life.
我们本以为能让他接受终身监禁
You don't even have to go to trial.
甚至本不需要上庭
You get a fast eight years.
轻而易举就能让他接受8年刑期
We've done all the heavy lifting.
我们已经尽了一切努力
Clearly you haven't or the guy would be in prison.
很明显还没有,否则那个人就进去了
We couldn't get the evidence in-- you can.
有些证据我们无法呈堂,你可以
Just take a look at it.
看看吧
More questions?
还有问题吗
Follow-ups.
后续采访
Boxers or briefs?
喜欢穿四角裤还是三角裤?
No.
不是
Just need to fact check.
只是核实几件事
You don't need to answer that.
你没必要接这个电话
You're right, I don't.
你说对了,没必要
Hello.
What happened? What's the charge?
发生什么事了,什么罪名
Murder. Whose?
谋杀,谋杀谁
His wife's. No, they can't.
他老婆,不,他们不能这么做
Double jeopardy--
这违反一事不再理原则
he's been trialed, cleared.
他已经受过审判,被判无罪
Three days, Mr. Gardner, that's all. Three days free.
3天,加德纳先生,我才重获自由3天
It's okay, Randall, I can handle this.
没事的,西蒙斯,我会处理好
Mr. Gardner, Captain Melinda Gossett.
加德纳先生,我是戈塞特上尉
U.S. Army Judge Advocate General's Corps.
陆军军法署的
JAG. What, are you kidding me?
军法署,开什么玩笑
At the time of the murder,
谋杀案发生期间
your client was a mobilized reservist
根据军方依《美国法典》第10篇发出之命令
on Title 10 Orders.
你的当事人是应召服役的预备役军人
As such, it isn't double jeopardy.
这种情况,不违反一事不再理
The crime falls concurrently under military jurisdiction.
军方法院对此案享有共同管辖权
Specialist Randall Simmons,
技术兵西蒙斯
pursuant to article 118 of the Uniform Code,
根据统一军法典第118条
you're hereby apprehended to face charges for murder.
兹因涉嫌谋杀将你逮捕
You're not afraid to hand out stiff sentences,
和我玩,你一向特别狠
and I think you agree, the stiffer the better.
我想你赞成,越狠越好
It's got to be her. She's out to get me.
肯定是她的阴谋,她要整我
It doesn't matter.
她不重要
Childs is benefiting.
但此事让查尔兹获益了
He's probably financing it.
很可能是他出钱搞的
Just you and me by candlelight
你我两人,沐浴着烛光
You can caucus me all night
你与我奋战,整个夜晚
All night... Absolutely.
整个夜晚,这是当然
Has it gone viral?
视频流传很广吗
It's growing.
正在快速传播
If she showed more skin, it would grow faster.
如果她穿得更暴露,视频会传播得更快
Well, we're just going to have to take the high road.
我们只是摆出高姿态即可
And you're going to have to vet those reporters more closely.
但你得更严格地审查那些采访记者
Yeah, my fault.
是我的错
There is something else we can do.
我们还可以做些别的
Pull the trigger.
先发制人
If we go negative first,
如果我们先贬低对方
we're going to be seen as going negative first.
我们会先被看成是卑鄙的一方
Peter, he will kill you
彼得
with a million viral paper cuts just like this one.
他会使出无数类似的阴招整死你
Let him kill me
就让他整死我好了
because I'm not going to give him an excuse to come after my family.
我不会给他任何借口伤害我的家人
What do you think he's doing?
那你认为他在干什么
These people are just looking for anything they can use
这帮人找一切用得上的东西
to make you look bad.
来抹黑你
Peter, they have trackers out there everywhere.
彼得,他们到处都安插了跟踪的人
They could follow you around.
他们可以跟在你左右
They could follow your family.
他们可以跟踪你家人
They could take anything you say out of context.
他们可以把你说的任何一句话断章取义
What's wrong?
怎么了
Nothing.
没什么
Something is.
一定有事
What did you do?
你干什么了
It was at Grandma's meeting thing.
在奶奶参加的那个聚会上
What was?
发生了什么
This kid, with a cell phone camera.
有个小孩,拿着摄像手机
There were two kids.
是两个小孩
They were asking me questions.
他们问了我一些问题
Like what?
哪方面的
About Dad.
关于爸爸的
And her, the hooker.
还有她,那个妓女
They taped it, but I haven't seen it anywhere.
他们拍了下来,但我还没发现他们公布
What did you say? Nothing.
你说了些什么,没什么
I was defending Dad.
我只是在维护爸爸
They just kept on asking.
但他们不停地问
Should we tell Dad?
我们要告诉爸爸吗
Maybe they're not going to use it.
也许他们并不打算公布录影
Or they're saving it.
或者他们在等机会
Eight years.
8年
Come on, you're shaking us down.
得了吧,你这是敲诈
Because of the moratorium, Illinois currently has no death penalty,
伊利诺伊州现在暂停死刑
but the military does, and we're not afraid to use it.
但是军队里有,而且我们不惧怕动用死刑
If I were you, I'd take the eight years.
如果我是你,我会接受8年刑期的条件
We'll get back to you.
我们会再联络你
Um, we'll-- we'll get back to you.
我们,我们会再跟你联络
I'm Lieutenant Terrence Hicks,
我是希克斯中尉
Mr. Simmons' court-appointed lawyer.
法庭指派给西蒙斯先生的律师
The thing I'd like to point out is that,
我不得不说
given the evidence, eight years is reasonable.
从证据上看,8年刑期这条件不错
I think you should consider it.
我希望你们能考虑一下
Lieutenant,
中尉
a year ago, I came home to find my wife stabbed.
一年前,我回家时发现妻子遇刺身亡
The wife I love.
我深爱的妻子
I spent the last year trying to convince people that I didn't do it.
我花了一年时间,来说服大家我不是凶手
And when I finally did,
当我终于做到的时候
when I finally slept at home again, I...
当我终于可以再次回家的时候...
I will not take a plea of eight years.
我不会接受8年刑期
I did not do this.
不是我干的
I will not.
我不接受
You're free to retain outside counsel if you wish.
如果愿意,你可以续用外聘的律师
I'll simply remain as standby.
我留下当后备
Please, help me. You got me off before.
拜托,帮帮我,你们曾经帮过我脱罪
The thing is, Randall, we don't usually practice in military court.
问题是,我们很少在军事法庭上辩护
I don't care. I trust you.
无所谓,我相信你们
I thought we were closing down the Simmons defense.
我以为西蒙斯的案子已经结束了
We were.
本来是的
Things changed.
情况发生了变化
We're not gonna make the same mistake as last year, are we?
我们不能犯和去年一样的错误,对不对
What was the mistake last year?
去年的什么错误
Taking cases on whim, not long-term strategy.
凭心血来潮接案子,而不是依据长远战略
Not whim, passion.
不是心血来潮,是激情
And Simmons brings us attention.
西蒙斯的案子让我们倍受瞩目
Yeah, more broke clients.
是啊,更多一文不名的委托人找到了我们
But, look,
但是,听着
I'll support you if you support me.
如果你支持我,我也会支持你
Derrick represents Lou Dobbs.
德里克是鲁·多布斯的律师
Oh, yeah, I saw that yesterday.
是,我昨天看到了
How did that go down with Trippi?
怎么碍着特里皮了
Their publishers have projects in conflict.
他们的发行商手中的项目有冲突
We're going to have to drop one.
我们不得不放弃其中一人
So can I count on you?
我能指望你吗
For a vote? Sure.
投你一票?当然
That's why we did this; two partner to one.
咱为的就是这个,合伙人投票,2比1
So send Lou Dobbs packing.
打发鲁·多布斯走人
Go follow your bliss.
去寻你的开心吧
You know, I should wear a uniform.
其实我应该穿身军装的
I think I'd look good in one.
我穿上一定很帅
With tassels on the shoulder...
肩上带流苏的
like HMS Pinafore.
像宾纳福皇家号里一样
Hello.
你好
You okay?
你还好吧
I'm great.
我很好
Mr. Bond thought that I should help you out with Simmons.
邦德先生希望,我在西蒙斯的案子上帮你一把
Ah, that's okay. Kalinda can help me.
没关系,凯琳达可以帮我
She's a little busy; Murphy/Gomes.
她忙墨菲诉戈麦斯的案子呢
Oh. Well, are you familiar with the Randall Simmons murder?
你了解西蒙斯杀人案吗
I am.
是的
We're headed straight into court, so...
我们直接进入庭审阶段,所以...
You'll need the CID file.
你要用到陆军刑侦部的卷宗
Yes.
I took the liberty.
我自作主张搞到了
You took the liberty.
你自作主张
How did you even know to take the liberty?
你怎么知道要搞这个呢
I keep track of things.
我很注意跟进案情
Okay.
好吧
Can I draw your attention to one thing?
能请你注意一个地方吗
Draw away.
指出来
The Army canvassed the crime scene at the time of the murder,
谋杀案发生时军队彻查了犯罪现场
but they backed off
但是州检察官提出指控后
when the state's attorney brought charges.
他们退出了
Now this is the investigation from a year ago.
这是一年前的调查档案
But these notes in the margins,
但是边缘的这些注释
these felt-tip notes, they're recent.
这些毡尖笔写的注释,是最近写的
How do you know?
你怎么知道
I know.
我就是知道
Yes, but I need to know how you know
好,但我必须搞懂你怎么知道的
so I can act upon your knowledge.
这样才能在这个基础上工作
This is a xerox of a xerox.
这是个复印件的复印件
The original notations are faded.
最初的注释都褪色了
The felt-tip notes are faded a little less
毡尖笔写的注释褪色没那么厉害
because they were only copied once.
因为这些注释只被影印了一次
It's the same as the cover letter,
这和附信的情况一样
which was dated three days ago.
而附信标注的日期是3天前
And these notes, those were from three days ago?
那么这些注释,也都是3天前写的?
Yes.
You recognize the handwriting?
你认出笔迹了?
Cary? Really?
凯里,真的吗
He's helping them vet their case,
他在帮他们雕琢控词
feeding them information.
给他们提供情报
Behind enemy lines.
敌后战线啊
Actually, I'm afraid, in a court-martial,
抱歉,在军事法庭上
the prosecutor sits next to the jury.
陪审团旁边的席位是检察官的
We're-we're over...
那我们在...
All rise!
全体起立
Sit.
坐下
Not you.
不包括你
What?
怎么了
She's doing another cleanse.
她又在清肠胃
State your name, please.
请说出你的名字
William Gardner, Your Honor, for the defendant.
威廉·加德纳,法官阁下,辩护律师
I assume you're not currently in the military, Mr. Gardner.
我猜你不是现役军人吧,加德纳先生
No, Your Honor.
不是,法官阁下
Have you ever served in the armed forces?
你曾经服过役吗
No, Your Honor, but...
没有,法官阁下,不过...
"But," Mr. Gardner?
不过什么,加德纳先生
But I have great respect for the armed forces, Your Honor.
不过我对军队充满敬意
You're familiar with the Uniform Code of Military Justice, Mr. Gardner?
你熟悉统一军法典吗,加德纳先生
Yes, Your Honor.
是的,法官阁下
Call the panel.
请陪审团进来
I want to help.
我想帮忙
No, you don't.
不,你不行
I know things.
我知道一些事
You want to help?
你想帮忙吗
Stay in school, don't do drugs.
好好上学,不要吸毒
It's my mom, isn't it?
是我妈不让,是吧
She won't let me?
她不让我参与?
It's your mom, it's your dad, it's me.
你妈你爸,还有我,都不让
I do not need Encyclopedia Brown on my staff.
我不需要百事通布朗这样的下属
I know things.
我知道一些事
You want to help?
你想帮忙吗
Don't tell your girlfriend to volunteer.
那就别让你的女友去做志愿者
My girlfriend?
我的女友?
The blonde.
金发姑娘
Becca.
贝卡
Becca.
贝卡
Don't send her my way.
别让她给我添乱
I didn't.
没有啊
We broke up.
我们分手了
I'll talk to her.
我去跟她谈
No. She wanted me to talk to you so you would talk to her.
不用了,她想让我找你谈,然后你就会去找她
I appear to be off my game today.
看来我今天状态很糟啊
Let it rest.
这事你别管
And what do you mean by that, Corporal?
你那是什么意思,下士
I'm just saying, my sister was a victim of domestic violence.
我是说,我姐姐是家庭暴力的受害者
So you're saying you can't be impartial towards a man
那么对于被指控向妇女使用暴力的人
accused of violence against a woman?
你无法做到公正咯?
I guess it depends on the evidence.
这大概要取决于证据
Your Honor, we challenge this juror for cause
法官阁下,由于其心存偏见
on the grounds of bias.
我们认为这位陪审员不适格
Corporal Barnard, if I order you to be unbiased, will you be?
巴纳德下士,如果我命令你公正,你会公正吗
Yes, ma'am.
会的,长官
Good. You're seated.
很好,陪审员适格
Mr. Gardner, Captain Gossett,
加德纳先生,戈塞特上尉
pretrial motions in my chambers.
请来我办公室进行审前动议
As you can see,
如您所见,法官阁下
they're clearly more prejudicial than probative, Your Honor.
这些照片的误导性大于证明力
Denied.
驳回
Excuse me?
什么
Did the police take the photos?
照片是警方拍的不?
Yes.
是的
Is that your client in them?
照片里是你当事人不
Yes, but...
是的,不过...
Then they come in. The jury's smart enough
那么证据适格,陪审团不傻
to separate the prejudicial from the probative.
能分清哪些有误导性,哪些有证明力
What's next?
下一项是什么
The defendant made a statement to the police on the night in question.
被告在警察当晚的审问中,做了一项供述
Your Honor, Mr. Simmons was highly intoxicated.
法官阁下,西蒙斯先生当时严重醉酒
People v. Kearns,
人民诉科恩斯案裁定
intoxication renders a police statement inherently unreliable.
醉酒供词本质上是不可信的
Kearns is an Illinois state case. It doesn't apply here.
那是伊利诺伊州的判例,在此不适用
The statement comes in.
证据适格
Your Honor, in light of these unexpected rulings,
法官阁下,考虑到您这些意外的裁定
I have to request a continuance.
我必须要求诉讼延期
Denied. I've got nine active duty soldiers on that jury.
否决,陪审团里有9名现役军人
I will not allow you to waste their time.
我不允许你浪费他们的时间
Now it's 1700 hours.
现在是17点
We'll take a short break for dinner,
现在休息吃晚餐
and begin testimony at 1800 hours sharp.
18点整开始法庭调查
At 6:00, Your Honor?
6点,法官阁下?
Yes, Mr. Gardner, at 6:00.
是的,加德纳先生,6点
Welcome to military court.
欢迎来到军事法庭
And did the defendant make a statement to you at that time?
那次被告录口供了吗
Yes, he did.
是的,录了
Detective Resia,
雷西亚警官
please read this highlighted part of that statement.
请读一下这份口供划出的要点
Detective: "She was cheating on you?"
警察问,"他有外遇了?"
Suspect: "She was sleeping with somebody, I know she was."
嫌疑人答,"她和别人睡了,我知道"
Detective: "Did you kill her?"
警察问,"你杀了她?"
Suspect: "I... I don't know."
嫌疑人答,"我...我不知道"
Thank you.
谢谢
One more thing.
还有一件事
In the course of your investigation that night,
你那天晚上的侦查过程中
did you search the suspect's car?
搜查嫌疑人的车了吗
Objection, Your Honor.
反对,法官阁下
Counsel approach.
双方律师上前来
Your Honor, the police had no warrant to search the car.
法官阁下,警察没有搜查车辆的许可
They asked the defendant if they could search his property.
他们询问被告是否可以搜查他的财产
He said yes.
他说可以
Is his car not his property?
他的车难道不是他的财产吗
It was parked two blocks away, Your Honor.
车停在两个街区之外,法官阁下
It's the reasonable man doctrine. Judge, he assumed they meant his home.
应遵循理性人原则,他以为警方是指搜他的家
Strictly construed, his car is his property, Mr. Gardner.
遵循严格解释原则,他的车属于他的财产
Overruled.
反对无效
Please answer the question, Detective.
请回答问题,警官
We did search his car, and we found a backpack,
我们搜查了他的车,发现了一个背包
containing the defendant's passport, a wig,
里面有被告的护照,一顶假发
and also an envelope containing $2,000 in cash.
还有个装有2000美金的信封
Look, we got this excluded in state court,
在州法院时,我们排除了这些证据
so we never had to ask this before:
所以之前一直没问过
why was that stuff in your car?
但现在要问,你车里为什么有那些东西
If you were scared that you would be arrested for something you didn't do
如果你是害怕会蒙冤被捕
we can work with that.
我们可以按照这个思路辩护
That's not it. It's...
不是的,是...
They were calling my unit up to Afghanistan.
他们当时在征调我们分队去阿富汗
We were all getting deployed,
我们都接到派遣令
so...
所以...
I was gonna flee to Canada.
我打算逃往加拿大
I was going AWOL.
我想逃脱服役
Whatever you do, you can't tell that to a military jury.
这事儿,可横竖不能对军人陪审团讲
Then what do we do?
那我们怎么办
So, I'm free now.
我现在没事了
You're...?
你...
Yesterday. You needed me?
昨天,你找我?
Oh, that. Actually, Blake's handling it.
那个啊,布莱克帮我做呢
Derrick said you were on Murphy/Gomes and I should use Blake.
德里克说你在处理墨菲案,让我找布莱克
Yeah.
好吧
Good luck.
祝你好运
I know that we have to drop one of them.
我知道必须放弃他们中的一个
It happens with every merger.
律所合并难免有这种事
I would argue that we find new representation for Mr. Dobbs
我认为,还是让多布斯先生换律所吧
and stick with the client who's been with us longest.
我们则继续和最长期的客户合作
That's all.
就是这样
I hate this. I know we all do,
我很不愿意面对这种事,大家都一样
but both of our firms faced economic ruin independently,
我们两家律所没合并时,都面临经济危机
and in my opinion...
依我之见...
We're busy in here.
我们有事谈
Just give us five minutes, please.
请给我们5分钟
Sorry.
抱歉
Here are the billable hours attached to Mr. Trippi's account.
这些是特里皮先生带给律所的计费工时
And here... are the hours attached to Mr. Dobbs.
这些,则是多布斯先生带来的计费工时
I thought you said two votes to one.
你说过,咱俩联手对付他
That's why we did it this way.
所以我们才这么做
And I thought you said we weren't going to follow cases on a whim.
但你也说过,我们不能凭心血来潮接案子
This isn't a whim.
这不是心血来潮
Did you see the difference?
你没看出区别吗
Joe has been with us longer.
乔跟我们的时间更长
And Lou brings us more work.
鲁带来的工时更多
Derrick more work. No, us more work.
是带给德里克更多的工时,不,是带给我们
There's no Derrick anymore. There's no us.
德里克和咱俩的利益是一致的
This is a betrayal.
这是背叛
You said that you would support me.
你说过会支持我的
I didn't see the facts.
我当时不了解事实
Now the facts are important to you?
你突然在乎起事实了?
In court, you couldn't give a damn.
在法庭,你拿事实当个屁啊
Come on, Diane. It's money.
好了,戴安,重要的是钱
It's about keeping our doors open.
重要的是敞开我们的大门
My dad drove his business into the ground giving money to everyone he knew.
我爸当年就因乐善好施,搞砸了生意
And I'm not going to make the same mistake.
我不打算犯同样的错误
You know what you just did?
你知道你做了什么吗
You just lost your certain vote.
你丢掉了我肯定投你的那一票
Becca!
贝卡
Zach.
扎克
What are you doing?
你在干什么
What am I doing? What do you mean?
我在干什么,你什么意思
I mean, I didn't ask you to volunteer for my dad's campaign.
我是说,我没让你给我爸的竞选做志愿者
I haven't even talked to you.
我最近都没跟你说过话
Why won't you just let me say I'm sorry?
你怎么不让我说句对不起呢
Because you're not.
因为你没觉得对不起
I am.
你想错了
There's nothing else I can say.
我就是要说对不起
I text you, you won't text me back.
我给你发短信,你不回
I try to wait for you after school...
我尝试等你放学...
You hurt my mom, my dad.
你伤害了我妈,我爸
I stopped.
我停手了
I said I'd stop, and I stopped.
我说了我会停手,我确实停手了
My parents are getting a divorce,
我父母要离婚了
and I just...
我只是...
That's funny?
好笑吗
Yeah, actually, it is.
是的,确实好笑
You think it worked once,
你觉得管了一次用
now it'll work again.
现在还能管用
What'll work?
什么会管用
I was trying to show you that I was sorry.
我只是想让你知道我很抱歉
Do you know how boring it is volunteering at a campaign?
你知道做竞选志愿者有多无聊吗
Do you really think I'd do it unless I really meant it?
如果我不是认真的,我会去干这个吗
So you meant it. Good-bye.
你确实是认真的,再见
I know Glenn Childs.
我认识格伦·查尔兹
So what?
那又怎样
No. I know Glenn Childs Jr.
不是,我认识他儿子
I don't understand.
我不明白
The Army did their own investigation of the scene.
军方调查了犯罪现场
They ran the prints from the house against military records,
他们将房子里的指纹和军方记录做了比对
and they only came up with one match-Simmons?
然后,只有西蒙斯的符合?
Maybe that's all there were.
可能只有他一人的指纹
But he had told me that he had had lots
但是他告诉我
of people from his unit over to the house.
他们分队有很多人去过那栋房子
By rule, Criminal Investigation Command
根据规定,陆军刑侦司令部
has to turn over every piece of evidence that's relevant.
必须考虑所有相关的证据
Everything that's relevant?
所有相关的?
Well, who decides what's not relevant?
那么谁来决定哪些是不相关的呢
They do.
他们自己
So what do they do with the stuff that isn't relevant?
那么他们怎么处理不相关的证据呢
I'm entitled to see the file-- all of it.
我有权阅卷,全部内容
Yes, ma'am, but I cannot release that file to you
没错,但没有杰尼克少校的命令
without orders from Major Janick.
我不能把那些卷宗给你
And so where's Major Janick?
那么杰尼克少校在哪
He's gone for the day.
他今天不在
He'll be back Monday at 0800.
他周一早8点会回来
But we are due back in court tomorrow,
但我们明天就要开庭了
and if I have to get a court order...
如果非让我拿到法院裁定...
Ma'am, unless the major authorizes this,
女士,除非少校批准
that's exactly what you're going to have to do.
否则你只能去申请法院裁定
Is there a problem, Corporal?
有什么事情吗,下士
No, sir, Lieutenant Hicks.
没有,希克斯中尉
At ease, then. And get the file.
稍息,把卷宗拿来
Yes, sir.
遵命,长官
Sorry, Lieutenant Hicks.
抱歉,希克斯中尉
Congratulations on your commendation.
恭喜您获得了嘉奖
Are you going back, sir?
您会回去吗,长官
Back? No, I've been redeployed stateside.
不,我被调回本土了
I heard Fallujah was pretty hairy.
听说费卢杰很恐怖
As you were, Corporal.
你也一样,下士
No. No work.
别接,别管工作了
Yeah, it's Will.
我是威尔
Hi. Sorry to call so late.
喂,抱歉这么晚打给你
Uh, there's something you might use tomorrow.
有些资料你明天可能用得上
Can't you do this tomorrow?
不能明天再办公吗
Oh, Will, I'm sorry.
抱歉,威尔
I-I'll phone back.
我会再打来的
No, no. That's okay.
不,没关系
What's up?
怎么了
Um, well, this is what the CID deemed irrelevant.
这些被陆军刑侦部视为无关的证据
I, uh...
我...
Three pairs of fingerprints found at the crime scene.
里面有案发现场发现的3套指纹
We found matches for all of them in the military database.
我们在军方数据库里全都找到了对应的人
Three crime scene fingerprints that matched military personnel.
案发现场的3套指纹全是军人的
Three new suspects? Good.
3个新的嫌疑人?很好
We'll work up subpoenas.
我们会想法让法院发传票
Thanks, Alicia.
多谢,艾丽西娅
See you tomorrow.
明天见
Kalinda.
凯琳达
What do you know about Derrick Bond?
你对德里克·邦德有什么了解
What do I know?
我知道什么
Well, I did the due diligence.
我做过调查
Everything I found, you have.
调查结果都告诉你了
What about Derrick Bond and Will?
那么德里克和威尔的关系呢
Sorry?
什么
As far as I knew, there was no connection between them.
据我所知,他们以前并不认识
I was the connection to Derrick.
德里克是我找到的
You're suggesting there's a link that you don't know about.
你是说,他们之间有你不知道的关系
I'm suggesting I'd like to be disabused of that notion.
我只是想打消这个疑虑
Then, I'll get to disabusing.
那么,这事交给我了
Three sets of fingerprints, Your Honor--
3套指纹,法官阁下
his unit leader Captain Gerald Gauthier,
他分队的领导戈捷
Private Luis Suarez and Corporal Bradley Vernik.
列兵苏亚雷斯,伯尼克下士
There were dozens of prints at the defendant's home,
被告家里曾有很多指纹
most of them unidentified.
大多数无法识别
But these were identified, Your Honor,
但这些是可识别的,法官阁下
and they weren't part of the discovery in state court
州法院没涉及这些
because the prints aren't in Chicago PD's database--
是因为芝加哥警局的数据库里找不到
only the military database-- so we've never seen them before.
只有军方数据库才有,所以我们以前没查到
Your Honor, we'll stipulate these men spent time at his home.
我方承认,这些人曾在他家中滞留过
Corporal Vernik has a military record, Your Honor--
伯尼克下士有军方案底,法官阁下
an assault charge against an ex-girlfriend.
他曾袭击过一名前女友
No official complaint was ever pursued.
但并没有正式起诉
The complaint was withdrawn.
那只是撤诉了而已
And you know this how, Mr. Gardner?
你是如何知道的,加德纳先生
It's in the military investigator's notes,
根据军方侦查员的笔记得知的
Your Honor, which also refer to phone records
而且上面还记录了
indicating repeated calls
被告家与伯尼克家之间的
between the defendant's home and Corporal Vernik's home.
多次电话往来记录
Your Honor, if defense counsel is insinuating something...
法官阁下,如果被告律师想要暗示什么的话
Oh, I'm... I'm doing more than that.
我要做的可不止是暗示
The prosecution's theory is that my client
控方认为
killed his wife because she was sleeping with someone else.
我的当事人因为妻子有外遇而杀死了她
I submit that someone else was Corporal Vernik,
我认为那个外遇对象就是伯尼克下士
in which case he's a prime suspect
而他应为首要嫌疑人
and we need to call him as a witness.
而且应该传唤他出庭作证
Your Honor, I'm afraid that's impossible.
恐怕这不可能,法官阁下
And why is that?
为什么
Corporal Vernik was killed three months ago in the Marjeh offensive.
伯尼克下士3个月前在进攻玛沙时阵亡了
Well, then, in which case we ask to call the other two--
那么我们要求传唤另外2人
Private Suarez and Captain Gauthier.
列兵苏亚雷斯和戈捷上尉
They're also in Afghanistan.
他们也在阿富汗
We can videoconference them.
我们可以进行视频质询
We can videoconference them.
我们可以进行视频质询
I'm not calling soldiers away from active duty overseas.
我不会占用正在海外服役的士兵的时间
Not for a fishing expedition.
因为你要求质询的根据不足
Well, then, we ask for a continuance
那么我们要求延期再审
until their testimony can be obtained.
延至可以获取他们的证词之后
Denied.
驳回
I already told you, Mr. Gardner.
我已经说过了,陪审团时间宝贵
Now, do you have anything else?
你还有其它要求吗
I move that you recuse yourself from this trial immediately.
我现在要求你立即回避本案审理
Excuse me, Mr. Gardner?
你再说一遍,加德纳先生
I don't know if it's because you don't like civilian lawyers,
我不知道是因为你不喜欢平民律师
or something psychological...
还是有什么心理问题
Mr. Gardner...
加德纳先生
But I-I'm starting to see why all those Guantanamo prosecutors resigned.
但我明白那些关塔纳摩检察官辞职的原因了
The system is rigged against the defendant.
军事法庭就是以欺骗手段打压被告的
Uh, Your Honor, if I could just...
法官阁下,请允许我...
You're in contempt, Mr. Gardner.
你是在藐视法庭,加德纳先生
Another word, I'll have you removed for the duration of the trial.
就是说,我要剥夺你继续参加庭审的资格
You've already removed me for the duration of the trial.
我自己也不准备继续参加庭审了
That's it. Bailiff, take Mr. Gardner to the ICF.
够了,法警,对加德纳先生采取强制措施
Your Honor, the defense calls for a continuance.
法官阁下,辩方要求延期审理
I said no continuances.
我说了不允许延期
Yes, Your Honor, but that was before you removed our counsel of record.
没错,但那是在您驱逐我方律师之前
Uh, pursuant to the rule 866.2 of the Military Code,
根据军法典第866条第2款
when the judge orders a change of counsel,
当法官裁定更换律师时
the defense is entitled to a continuance.
辩方有权获得延期
There are two of you.
你们还有2个人
Neither myself or Lieutenant Hicks are, um, listed
我本人以及希克斯中尉
on a-any pleadings, Your Honor.
都没有列在名单上,法官阁下
Um, the rule is very clear.
规定非常明确
Only listed counsel qualify.
只有名单上的律师有资格
Hell of a way to get a continuance, Mr. Gardner.
这个请求延期的办法真够绝的,加德纳先生
You have 24 hours.
延期24小时
So Hicks has a Silver Star?
希克斯获得了银星勋章?
Apparently, he single-handedly fought a convoy of insurgents in Fallujah.
他似乎是在费卢杰单枪匹马勇战一伙叛乱分子
Saved 20 men.
救了20个人
I... I don't know what to say about that.
我真不知道该说什么了
Well, don't say anything.
什么都别说
It embarrasses him.
他很不好意思提及此事
Oh, now he's just making me feel inadequate.
现在他真让我自愧不如了
I spring for someone's valet parking,
上次我帮一个人付了停车费
I brag about it for a week.
这点事情我吹嘘了一个星期呢
Okay.
好了
You are now officially counsel of record.
好了,现在你正式成为辩方律师了
What?
怎么了
I just thought I was done visiting men in prison.
我本以为这辈子再也不用探监了呢
But I let my client go.
但我已经放弃了我的客户
I know, but, uh, Lou Dobbs still fired us.
我知道,但多布斯还是解雇了我们
He apparently
看来
doesn't believe the partners have his best interests at heart.
他不认为咱律所的合伙人会全心全意为他服务
The partners?
合伙人?
Me, you mean?
是指我吗
He left the door open.
他还没做决定
I convinced him to hear from you or Will that you're on board.
我已说服他来听听你或者威尔的决心
Will is in the brig.
威尔还被关着呢
Don't ask.
别问为什么
Is tomorrow good for you?
你明天可以吗
To convince Lou Dobbs that I have his best interests at heart?
让多布斯相信我会全心全意为他服务?
Sure.
没问题
Tell Lou I'll be right over.
告诉多布斯我随时候命
Your suspect, Corporal Vernik, the one who died in Afghanistan.
那个嫌疑人,伯尼克下士,阿富汗战死的那个
Yeah?
怎么了
His death benefits are being paid to his girlfriend.
是他的女朋友在领抚恤金
Uh, Daria Joyce.
她叫达莉亚·乔伊斯
That's the address.
这是地址
Kalinda.
凯琳达
Brad never cheated on me-- not once.
伯尼克从没背叛过我,一次都没有
Ms. Joyce, we're very sorry for your loss.
乔伊斯小姐,我们真的很同情你
But we have phone records showing
但是通话记录表明
that Corporal Bradley Vernik phoned the victim.
伯尼克下士给死者打过电话
Those calls were from me.
是我打的
Judith and I were friends.
茱迪思生前和我是朋友
Until your client killed her.
直到你的当事人杀了她
But why would he do that if she wasn't cheating on him?
但如果她没有外遇,他为什么要杀她呢
I never said she wasn't sleeping with someone.
我没说她没和别人上床
I said it wasn't Brad.
我只说那不是伯尼克
Ms. Joyce, if you know something and could shed some light on this...
如果你可以说出你所知道的情况...
Why would I tell you?
我为什么要告诉你
Because, otherwise, Corporal Bradley Vernik is the only name we have,
不然的话,伯尼克便是我们唯一的线索
and it's the name we'll use.
我们就会利用他
We'll say he cheated on you and he killed the girl.
我们会说,他背叛你并杀了那个女孩
Those are lies.
这都是谎言
Then, tell us who Judith had a relationship with.
那就告诉我们茱迪思和谁上床了
She was trying to save her husband.
她不过是想救她丈夫
Save him how?
怎么回事
The C.O. of their unit-Gauthier--
他们分队的指挥官戈捷
he said he could pull some strings, keep Randall off the deployment list.
他说他有办法让西蒙斯免于被派遣
But there was a price for it.
但需要付出代价
And Judith believed him?
然后茱迪思相信了他
She was so desperate to keep Randall home,
她太想把西蒙斯留在家里了
she'd have believed anything.
说什么她都会信
Ms. Joyce, I need you to tell this to the court.
乔伊斯小姐,你得把这事告诉法庭
No. Absolutely not.
不,我绝不会说的
Well, we can subpoena you if we have to. I'll lie.
那必要的话我们就传唤你,那我就撒谎
And the Army will let me.
军方也不会管
You think they want their dirty laundry aired in public?
难道他们愿意这些龌龊事被公之于众吗
I think a man is on trial for his life.
有个男人正面临死刑的威胁
Your client killed his wife, Mrs. Florrick.
你的当事人杀了他妻子,福瑞克太太
He was jealous of her sleeping with another man.
她出轨的事令他妒火中烧
And the sad thing is, she was just trying to keep him home.
可悲的是,她这样做不过是为了把他留在家里
Let me.
让我来
How do you know him?
你怎么认识他的
Glenn Jr?
小格伦?
Drama camp.
戏剧夏令营
He was a real jerk.
他真是个蠢蛋
That's how I got these pictures.
所以我拿到了这些照片
So, what, you're hacking his account?
怎么,你在黑他的帐号?
No. He doesn't have one.
不,他压根没有帐号
I'm creating it.
我正注册呢
There. Meet Glenn Childs Jr.
来,会会格伦·查尔兹公子吧
You can't do that.
你不能这么做
I just did. What is he into?
已经做了,他喜欢什么
What are his, uh, personal interests?
他对什么感兴趣呢
American Idol?
美国偶像?
Miley Cyrus.
麦莉·赛勒斯
The Jonas Brothers.
乔纳斯兄弟
We should have him say something about his dad. Something bad.
我们得让他谈谈他父亲,能带来负面影响的
We're not really doing this.
我们不要真这么干吧
What do you mean?
什么意思
I mean, this is all just fun, right?
我们只是逗着玩的,对吧
We're not really doing this.
我们不要真这么干
Well, they really did this...
他们可是来真的
So, everybody gets one of those.
看来这东西是人手一个啊
Oh, for the firm, yes.
哦,是的,公司的要求
We're trying to go paperless.
我们在向无纸化努力
At JAG, we're trying to go paper.
在军法署,我们在向白纸黑字努力
You like the military?
你喜欢军队吗
There's no other life.
这是我人生的全部
Wait. Look at this draft witness list.
等等,看看这个草拟的证人名单
Cary's writing again.
又是凯里写的
He wrote "No" Next to Daria Joyce's initials.
他在乔伊斯的名字旁边写了"否"
He knew not to call her to the stand
他知道不能叫她出庭作证
because he already interviewed her.
定是因为他已经跟她谈过了
His testimony is hearsay.
他的证词只是传闻证据
Daria will just refute it.
乔伊斯会矢口否认
Right.
Ms. Joyce, did the victim ever confide in you
乔伊斯小姐,被害人是否向您透露过
that she was sleeping with someone other than her husband?
她和她丈夫以外的其他人上过床
No, she did not.
没有,没说过
Nothing further.
没有别的问题了
The Defense calls Cary Agos.
辩方提请凯里·艾格斯作证
Objection, Your Honor.
反对,法官阁下
Mr. Agos is not on the defense witness list.
艾格斯先生不在证人名单上
Rule 607 of the Rules for Court-Martial, Your Honor.
根据军事法庭规则第607条
He doesn't have to be if I'm calling him as an impeachment witness.
为质疑证人A之可信性时,证人B不必在名单上
Overruled.
反对无效
Mr. Agos... first of all, hello.
艾格斯先生,首先说声,你好
Hello.
你好
You persecuted Mr. S... excuse me--
你曾迫害...抱歉
prosecuted Mr. Simmons for the murder of his wife in state court?
你曾在州法院指控西蒙斯先生杀妻?
I did. You were there. You remember that?
是的,当时你也在,还记得吧
I do.
记得
And when you couldn't convict him,
但陪审团裁决他无罪
you convinced Captain Melinda Gossett to try him in military court.
于是你说服戈塞特上尉在军事法庭控诉他
Objection.
反对
Sustained. Mrs. Florrick.
反对有效,福瑞克太太
Mr. Agos,
艾格斯先生
did you personally interview Ms. Joyce just prior to this trial commencing?
在审判开始前,你是否访谈过乔伊斯小姐
I did.
有过
And did she convey to you her suspicions
她是否向你表达过,她怀疑
that the victim had been sleeping with someone other than her husband?
被害人和她丈夫以外的人保持着关系
Ms. Joyce told me that she believed
乔伊斯小姐告诉我,她认为
Mrs. Simmons had been sleeping with the defendant's commanding officer.
西蒙斯太太与西蒙斯的指挥官保持着关系
And that would be Captain Gauthier?
那个指挥官,是戈捷上尉吗
That's right.
Your Honor, I have to object here on grounds of relevance.
法官阁下,反对,这与本案无关
Overruled. Please continue, Mrs. Florrick.
驳回,请继续,福瑞克太太
And did she believe there were reasons for this sexual activity?
她是否认为这段性关系事出有因
Captain Gauthier had told her
戈捷上尉告诉她
he could keep the defendant from being deployed, in exchange for sex.
他能让被告免于派遣,条件是陪他上床
Your Honor, based on Mr. Agos's testimony,
法官阁下,基于艾格斯先生的证词
we ask that we be allowed
我方提请
to question Captain Gauthier overseas via teleconference.
视频质询正在海外服役的戈捷上尉
Objection.
反对
Overruled.
反对无效
You swear you tell the truth?
你发誓如实作证吗?
The whole truth and nothing but the truth? So help you God.
所有事实,绝无虚言?请让上帝帮助你
I do.
我发誓
So you were at the bar that night with Specialist Simmons?
那天晚上,你和技术兵西蒙斯一起在酒吧?
Yes, ma'am. I left at 2300 hours,
是的,女士,我23点左右离开的
and drove Corporal Vernik and Private Suarez back to the base.
然后开车把伯尼克和苏亚雷斯送回了基地
And then, where did you go, Captain?
然后你去了哪里,上尉
I went home.
我回家了
So you didn't make a stop at the home of the defendant?
你没有去被告家逗留一下吗
No, I didn't.
没有,我没去
Because Mrs. Simmons threatened you, didn't she, Captain?
是因为西蒙斯太太威胁了你,是吗,上尉
She was going to tell her husband that you'd extorted sexual favors from her.
她准备告诉丈夫,你敲诈她上了床
No.
没有
You told her that you could keep her husband from being deployed.
你告诉她你能使她丈夫免于被派遣
No. I don't have that authority.
我没有那样的权力
But she didn't know that, did she?
但她不知道这一点,是吗
And when you didn't make good on your promise,
当你未能兑现承诺时
she threatened you, and you went to her home.
她威胁了你,然后你去了她家
I...
我...
You went to her home, and you stabbed her 38 times.
你去了她家里,捅了她38刀
Captain Gauthier, this is Colonel Leora Kuhn, acting judge.
戈捷上尉,我是代理法官库恩上校
Do you require counsel, Captain?
你需要律师吗,上尉
Counsel?
律师?
I want...
我要...
Captain Gauthier?
戈捷上尉
Captain?
上尉
So you're saying you can set aside your personal political convictions
你是说,当你做我的代理人时
when it comes to representing me and my interests?
你能把你个人的政治信念放到一边?
Truthfully, I can never put aside my personal political convictions.
说实话,我永远不会把我的政治信念放到一边
What I'm saying is they won't be an issue.
我只是说,这不会成为问题
If I can represent murderers when I think they're guilty,
既然我能做我认为有罪的杀人犯的律师
I can represent you.
我也能做你的律师
Well, that's damn decent of you.
你可真是正派
A real vote of confidence.
我投你一个信任票
Why do I get the feeling that Derrick Bond put you up to this?
我怎么觉得是德里克安排你安抚我的
Well, he did,
的确如此
but I would have turned him down if I didn't believe it.
但如果我认为我们无法合作,我不会答应他
You come back with Derrick as your lawyer,
你回来,让德里克担任你的律师
and we will not have a problem. You have my word on that.
我们不会有问题的,我保证
I'll come back.
我会回来
But I don't want Derrick as my attorney.
不过我不要德里克做我的律师
I want you.
你来做
Me?
我?
No.
不是吧
You've been more up-front with me in the past 25 minutes
在过去的25分钟里,你对我的坦率程度
than any attorney I've dealt with.
超过任何我打过交道的律师
And I like the fact you won't betray your convictions.
我也很欣赏你不会背叛自己的政治信念
Think about it.
考虑一下吧
In the matter of The United States v. Specialist Randall Simmons,
关于美利坚合众国根据统一军法典第118条
on the charge of murder under Section 118
以谋杀罪名
of the Uniform Code of Military Justice,
诉技术兵西蒙斯一案
we the panel find the defendant...
我们全体陪审员裁定被告...
not guilty.
无罪
Thank you.
谢谢你
Dad, I'm free.
爸爸,我自由了
Hey, Alicia.
艾丽西娅
Congratulations.
祝贺你
He didn't do it, Cary.
他不是凶手,凯里
Captain Gauthier went AWOL.
戈捷上尉潜逃了
There's your suspect.
他才是你的嫌疑人
You know, your client, now that he's been found not guilty,
知道吗,你的当事人,由于被判无罪
it frees him up to serve out his commitment.
他可以去履行他的职责了
His...
他的...
His tour of duty.
他的海外服役职责
They're deploying him to Afghanistan.
他们要派他去阿富汗
Yes?
请进
You wanted me to look into Bond and Will,
你要我查一下邦德和威尔
see if there was any previous connection.
看他们之前有没有联系
Oh, yes. Don't worry about it.
是的,没事了
It's just the old boy's network reasserting itself, that's all.
不过是校友关系网的作用,仅此而已
So you don't want to know what I found out?
你不想知道我查到了什么吗

重点单词   查看全部解释    
prime [praim]

想一想再看

adj. 最初的,首要的,最好的,典型的
n.

联想记忆
civilian [si'viljən]

想一想再看

adj. 平民的
n. 罗马法专家,平民

联想记忆
financing [fai'nænsiŋ]

想一想再看

n. 融资,资金供应 动词finance的现在分词

 
release [ri'li:s]

想一想再看

n. 释放,让渡,发行
vt. 释放,让与,准

联想记忆
violence ['vaiələns]

想一想再看

n. 暴力,猛烈,强暴,暴行

 
attorney [ə'tə:ni]

想一想再看

n. (辩护)律师

联想记忆
ruin [ruin]

想一想再看

v. 毁灭,毁坏,破产
n. 毁灭,崩溃,废墟

 
strategy ['strætidʒi]

想一想再看

n. 战略,策略

 
uniform ['ju:nifɔ:m]

想一想再看

n. 制服
adj. 一致的,统一的

联想记忆
flee [fli:]

想一想再看

vi. 逃跑,逃走,消失,(时间)飞逝
vt.

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。