手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 绯闻女孩 > 绯闻女孩第五季 > 正文

绯闻女孩第五季(MP3+中英字幕):第4集:那本书的真相

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Gossip girl here,

"八卦天后"在此
your one and only source
这是您了解曼哈顿名流们
into the scandalous lives of Manhattan's elite.
绯闻的唯一渠道
Ivy, stop talking to your boyfriend and start working.
艾薇,别跟你男友闲聊了,赶紧开工
Charlie! Oh, my gosh!
查莉,我的天呐
What are you doing here?
你怎么在这儿
"The beautiful and the damned" wraps in a week,
《美丽与毁灭》一周内就要杀青了
but how would you like to keep working for me?
你愿意继续为我工作吗
I would love to.
我非常乐意
What are you looking for over there?
你在那儿找什么
My phone.
我的手机
I think I left it at the fashion show
我好像把它落在时装秀上了
when the assistant checked it in.
进门的时候给了工作人员
I'm not interested in interviews with New York's elite.
我对纽约上层的采访丝毫不感兴趣
I want their secrets and scandals.
我要爆料他们的秘密和绯闻
You had everyone's phones taken.
既然你都有大家的电话了
Why didn't you just, you know, look at some of them?
何不直接偷看其中一些人的隐私呢
Do you know someone called Ivy?
你认识一个叫艾薇的人吗
The truth is, I can't wait to be a father,
实际上,我真的等不及想做父亲了
a-and now I'm going to be one.
现在,我真的要做父亲了
I never intended to publish "Inside."
我从没打算要出版《局外人》
Somehow it fell into
但不知怎么它就匿名地落到了
Simon & Schuster's laps.
西蒙与舒斯特出版社手上
It's a satire of my entire life
这是描写我生活的讽刺作品
and everyone I know.
里面涉及了每一位我认识的人
You didn't write this book. I did.
这本书不是你写的,是我
Bravo! He did it!
好极了,他做到了
I told you I'd get him to step forward.
我跟你们说了,我会让他不退缩的
Dan humphrey,
丹?汉弗瑞
Alessandra Steele, my agent.
这位是亚历山德拉?斯蒂尔,我的助理
It's brilliant.
棒极了
Really exceptional.
相当卓越
Loved the book.
爱死你的书了
Do I know you? Any of you?
我认识你们吗,随便谁
Do I know anyone here at all?
我认识这里的人吗
The ending...
书的结尾
just slays me.
深深地打动了我
Slays me how you're all alone with no friends left...
你独自一人,没有朋友
Well--
其实
Surrounded by people who think
被一群自以为了解你
they know you but really don't.
却对你知之甚少的人包围着
It's genius.
真是神来之笔
Right, but, uh, it's not me.
好吧,但那不是我
It's the character Dylan Hunter.
那是书中的主角狄伦?亨特
The book, is, uh, the book is fiction.
这是本虚构的小说
Well, I'm happy to tell you it's a brilliant piece of fiction
我很高兴的告诉你,这本很棒的虚构小说
that's number 38 on the Amazon preorder list.
在亚马逊新书预订排行榜上排名第38
25,000 shipped so far.
已经预售了2万5千本
Quick question. How big can my head get before it explodes?
我有个问题,我的脑袋在爆炸前能胀到多大
Half the buys are probably upper east siders
购买人群中,有一半是上东区名流
dying to see if they're in it.
他们都想看看书里有没有他们
Yeah.
好吧
Some of my friends might feel they are.
我的一些朋友估计能感觉到他们的影子
They're coming tonight, right?
他们今晚会来的,对吧
To--to the book party?
去新书推广会吗
No. I... haven't exactly mentioned it to them yet.
不会,我还没和他们提过这件事呢
Um, I'd have to tell them the book exists first.
我得先告诉他们,有这么一本书
They don't know? Not any of them?
他们不知道,一个都不知道
No.
一个都不知道
And I'm not sure they're gonna like it
我也不敢肯定,他们知道了之后
when they find out.
会不会高兴
If they're really your friends,
如果他们真的是你的朋友
they'll be happy to see your star rise,
他们应该为你的成功而感到高兴
and they should be at the soiree tonight
并出席今晚的聚会
when everybody learns that "Anonymous"
届时大家就会知道"无名氏"
is actually Daniel Humphrey.
其实就是丹?汉弗瑞
I'm gonna need six copies of this book, uh,
我要六本书
that should probably be hand-delivered.
我应该亲自送给他们
I'll see you later at Giorgio Armani for your suit fitting?
等会试穿乔治?阿玛尼西服时见
And don't shave.
不要刮胡子
Makes you look like a real writer.
那样看起来,更像个作家
I now understand why women used to go into confinement.
我才明白古代贵族女人在分娩前"避不见夫"
It wasn't because of modesty but vanity.
不是卑微的表现,而是虚荣心在作怪
Look at my boobs.
看我的胸
Oh, I'm huge.
我真是胖死了
Are you even listening?
你在听吗
Sorry, darling.
抱歉,亲爱的
I was just reading
我刚才看到
about how some pregnant women have mood swings.
有些孕妇会有情绪波动
Apparently, they didn't know you before the pregnancy.
他们显然不认识怀孕以前的你
Oh, you look gorgeous.
你看起来美丽动人
I-I can't wait to tell
我迫不及待想把
the whole world the good news.
这个好消息告诉全世界
Me, too.
我也是
My mother and Beatrice arrive tonight.
我母亲和碧儿翠思今晚就到
And I asked my mom and Cyrus
我让我妈妈和赛瑞斯
to join us for dinner at the consulate.
去领事馆和我们一起共进晚餐
And then we'll tell everyone together.
然后,我们一起向大家宣布这个消息
You don't think your family is gonna be upset, do you?
你家人不会不高兴吧
I don't want them to think of me
我不想让他们觉得
as the star of some trashy MTV show
我在表演某个垃圾音乐电视节目
like "Unmarried and pregnant princesses"
名叫"未婚怀孕的王妃"
or, I don't know, "Royally screwed."
或者"王室完蛋了"这样的
My mother will be over the moon.
我母亲一定会非常高兴
The job of any princess is to provide an heir to the kingdom.
王妃的职责就是给王室生一个王位继承人
And that is exactly what you are doing.
就是你现在正在做的
An heir to a kingdom lives within me.
王位继承人就住在我的身体里面
How very shakespeare.
真像莎士比亚的小说
A comedy, not a tragedy, I hope.
我希望这是个喜剧,不是悲剧
So do I,
我也是
which is why I have to tell one person
所以在我们去见家人之前
before we meet up with the families.
我要先告诉一个人
And I can do that right now.
电话正好打过来了
Yeah, we received the latest draft.
对,我们收到了最新的稿子
It's on Jane's desk.
已经放在简的桌子上了
Okay, I'll have her call you. Thank you.
好,我会让她打给你,谢谢
Morning, everyone.
大家早上好
I'm on a juice fast this week.
这周我要试试果蔬汁断食
Not going to be pretty.
所以我看起来不会那么光鲜
Um, I will put those in the fridge for you.
我会把那些东西放到冰箱里
I'll also request an extra cashew drink.
我还多要了一杯腰果汁
It makes the day bearable.
它能让你全天都充满活力
Yes.
好的
is on your desk, as well as
已经放在桌子上了
the new spec script that SONY
还有中标的索尼公司的
won in the bidding war.
新的无资金资助剧本
What is it again?
是什么来着
"American psycho" in prep school.
预科学校里的"美国杀人魔"
Make it go away.
让他们拿回去
Also, um, I know that it's a long shot,
虽然我知道机会不大
but I sent Daniel day-lewis
但我还是给丹尼尔?戴?刘易斯
"The Blue Rose,"
发了一份《蓝色玫瑰》的剧本
along with a note and a rosebush that only grows in Ireland.
附上了纸条,还有爱尔兰特有的玫瑰花
I don't know. I thought it might be a special touch.
我只是觉得这是个特别的联系方式
Daniel never agrees to do anything.
丹尼尔很难搞定
The man took three years to make a pair of shoes.
他花了三年时间做一双鞋
But I like that you're putting it out there. Sam?
不过我很欣赏你的尝试,萨姆
Yes?
什么事
Could you get me and Serena two green teas?
可以帮瑟琳娜和我冲两杯绿茶吗
Yeah, sure. Happy to.
没问题,很乐意
I knew that my instincts were right hiring you.
我就知道雇用你没错
You're a smart cookie.
你真是很聪明
You can look at your phone. I don't run a gulag.
你可以看手机,我这又不是集中营
Thank you.
谢谢
That's Piper Van Allen. And that's Sullivan Baker.
这是皮伯?范?艾伦和沙利文?贝克
And I care about their pg-13 pictures because...
我们关心这些少儿不宜的照片是因为
Cause Piper is married to Jason Van Allen.
因为皮伯已经和贾森?范?艾伦结婚了
Oh, well, I am slightly more interested.
很好,我有点感兴趣了
Yeah, and Sullivan's with that celebrity florist guy.
沙利文和一个做花卉生意的名流在一起
I think they got married in Amagansett this summer.
我以为他们今年夏天在阿默甘西特结婚了
Oh. That's a twist I wasn't expecting.
真是意料之外的曲折故事
Yeah.
是啊
Well, our phone swipe at the Jenny Packham show
这些在珍妮?帕克汉时装秀上弄来的手机
gave us some pretty good stories.
可给了我们些不错的故事
Yeah, but pretty good isn't perfect.
没错,但不错不等于完美
If only we had Blair Waldorf's phone.
要是能拿到布莱尔?霍道夫的手机就更好了
I told you, she's my friend. My friends are off-limits.
我说过她是我朋友,不许牵连到我朋友
Oh. Morals.
真高尚
How quaint.
很有趣
I mean, why do you even hold on to that phone
既然你根本不打算接
if you're not gonna answer it?
干嘛那么在意电话响
Because I don't have to explain how I got it.
因为我不用解释怎么拿到的手机
But I am too intrigued by our mysterious "Ivy"
但我对这个神秘的"艾薇"很感兴趣
to just toss it away.
不能放过大好机会
Well, we could always lie, say we found it on the street.
编个谎话,就说在街上捡到之类的
How are we gonna find her?
我们怎么才能找到她
Look. There are no names in the phone, only numbers.
电话本里没有存姓名,只有号码
And there was no tag for her at the party.
派对上也没有她的名牌
Well, maybe she was just a crasher. You know, a nobody.
可能她只是个不速之客,无名小卒
Mm. Nobodies don't hide their friends.
无名小卒会宣扬他们的朋友
They advertise them.
而不是隐藏
I have a feeling about this girl.
我对这个女孩很感兴趣
Wait a second. Hold on. I know that number.
等等,停一下,我认识这个号码
Yeah?
真的
All right, well, I'll be back in a bit,
好了,我一会回来
hopefully with a new lead.
希望有新线索
Your call has been forwarded to an automated--
您的来电将被转接到来电信箱
Still haven't found your phone?
还没找到手机
No, and I've been calling it nonstop.
没有,我一直在不停地打
Well, maybe it's time for a new one.
也许是换个新手机的时候了
New city, new cell phone. Hmm?
新的城市,新的手机
Yeah, but my whole world's in that phone.
可是那手机里有我的全部信息
Final mix of Panic's debut album.
恐慌乐队首张专辑的最终混音版
This is so exciting.
太棒了
Yeah, it's been a long time coming.
是啊,花了好长时间
Do you ever regret not getting back into music sooner, Rufus?
鲁弗斯,你后悔过该早点回去做音乐吗
Nah. No,
那倒没
I wouldn't give up raising my kids for anything.
我不会为任何事放弃抚养我的孩子
I mean, I love music, but Dan and Jenny--they're my life.
我爱音乐,但丹和珍妮是我的生命
Okay, everybody ready?
好,大家准备好了吗
Maybe that's Dan. I was hoping he would join.
也许是丹,真希望他能一块听听
Good boy.
好孩子
Hello.
你好
Mm. Do you know what this summoning is about?
你知道叫我们过去是为了什么吗
I do but I can't say. I'm sworn to secrecy.
知道但不能说,我发过誓要保密了
Since when do you bite your tongue?
你什么时候学会保守秘密了
I'm learning.
正在学习
Well, isn't Humphrey becoming quite the drama queen?
汉弗瑞现在成话题女王了吗
Isn't that usually your role?
那不一直是你的角色
I prefer drama princess now.
我现在更愿意当话题王妃了
How are you, by the way?
顺便问下,你还好吗
I'm okay.
我很好
Thanks for asking.
谢谢关心
Sorry. Squirrels.
抱歉,有松鼠
Shall we?
我们走吧
what are you guys doing here?
你们在这干嘛
We must have all gotten the same text from Dan.
我们都收到了丹群发的短信
The last time he was this secretive,
上一次他搞得这么神秘
he showed up with a baby.
就带了个孩子出现
Don't worry. You're not about to become a grandfather,
别担心,虽然丹确实算是让什么出生了
though Dan is about to give birth in another way.
但你不用当爷爷
Okay, I'm pretty sure this is how every murder mystery begins.
好吧,这就跟所有谋杀之谜的开头一样
Serena, how was your job?
瑟琳娜,你的工作怎么样
Uh, really great, actually.
真的很棒
So great she has no time for me.
棒得她都没时间分给我
Well, I would if you weren't asleep
要不是我到家你都睡了的话
every time I got home.
还是有时间的
Uh, I'm still jet-lagged.
呃,我还在调时差
Haven't you been home for weeks?
你不是已经到家几星期了
It certainly feels that way when I'm around you.
我和你住在一起,你当然会这么觉得了
Serena, quick question.
瑟琳娜,一个小问题
You don't happen to know a girl named Ivy, do you?
你认不认识一个叫艾薇的女孩
Uh, I don't think so. Why?
不认识,怎么了
Oh. Well, I found her cell,
好吧,我捡到了她的手机
but I don't know how to get it back to her.
但不知道能怎么还给她
Your number was in her phone book.
她的电话本里有你号码
What's her number? I'll dial it.
她号码是多少,我来拨拨看
Look! Here's Dan.
看,丹来了
Hey, everyone. Thank you so much for coming.
大家好,非常感谢你们能来
I only have five minutes.
我只有五分钟
This better be really important.
最好是件很重要的事
What is this all about?
到底是怎么回事
Is everything all right? This isn't about me, right?
一切都还好吗,不是关于我的事吧
Yeah, what's going on, Dan?
丹,到底怎么了
This is going to be fun.
看来会很有趣
I'm sorry to call everyone here on such short notice,
很抱歉匆匆忙忙地把大家找来
but, uh...
不过
all right, you know how there's been
好吧,你们都知道
all this speculation about the book that's being published
有本无名氏作者写的书出版了
by an anonymous author?
大家对此议论纷纷吧
Yeah. Gossip girl said it was about us.
知道,八卦天后说是关于我们的
Yeah, it was probably written
肯定是哪个根本不认识我们的失败者
by some loser who doesn't even know us.
编出来的
Well, not exactly.
不完全是
I am that loser.
那个失败者就是我
I wrote it.
是我写的
And it is based on... you--sort of--all of you.
以你们为原型写的,你们所有人
Looks like it's going to be
看来今晚在这个旧城区里
a hot time in this old town tonight.
会有一段火热难耐的时光
Let's just hope lonely boy and his book
我们只能期望寂寞男孩和他的书
don't go up in flames.
不会被付之一炬
Hey. What are you doing?
你来干嘛
I thought you were waiting downstairs.
我以为你在楼下等
I'm tired of waiting.
我已经厌倦了等待
When are you gonna tell them?
你打算什么时候告诉他们
Soon. I promise.
马上,我保证
"Soon" isn't soon enough.
"马上"可不够快
It's time they all knew about us.
我们该将基情公之于众了
What's so funny?
有什么好笑的
I think you should ask Dan.
这你得问丹
I-I might've made your character...
我可能把你的角色写得
A little...
有点像
Gay.
基佬
I hope that's okay. Stop enjoying this so much.
希望你不介意,别幸灾乐祸了
You wanted me to feel something. That's a feeling.
作为读者我跟你心意相通
Do I have game?
有激情戏吗
Oh, definitely.
必须的
I'm cool with that.
没关系,我不介意
I-I know it's gonna be a little weird
我知道,看到书中以自己为原型的人物
With everyone reading characters inspired by themselves,
大家会觉得不自在
But I-I wanna make it clear...
但我想声明一点
This book is a work of fiction.
这只是本小说
And after you read it,
希望你们读过之后
I hope that you'll feel good enough about it and me
不会讨厌这本书和我这个作者
That, you will come to this book party tonight.
能够来参加我的新书推广会
The publisher is announcing that I'm the author. So...
出版商会让我出场亮相
Yeah. Of course we'll be there.
当然,我们当然会去
Well, read it first and then decide because I...
先看了再说,因为我
You know, I didn't have a lot of time to make changes,
没有太多时间去完善
And there are some instances
有些情节的描写
Where it's not exactly how I would've wanted it.
那些并非出于我的本意
Well, an artist never feels his work is perfect.
作家总认为自己的作品不够完美
But it's good to always strive for more.
不过这可以让你更加进取
I am so proud of you, son.
儿子,我真为你骄傲
I am gonna cancel my whole day with panic
我要把今天恐慌乐队的行程都取消
Just so I can savor your book.
仔细欣赏你的大作
So... Now that this unnecessary meeting
既然这个关于未来美国三流作家的
About America's future doorstop is adjourned,
非重要会议已经开完
Do you wanna go grab a cup of decaf?
咱们去喝杯低卡咖啡吧
Oh, I would love to, B., but I'm already late for work.
我很想去, B可我上班都迟到了
I gotta get back.
我得赶回去
Well, maybe after work then?
那下班再去呢
If this is about the book, don't worry.
如果是为了书的内容,不必担心
Everyone loves a villain.
坏女孩魅惑众生
I wouldn't say there's a villain, per se.
也不能说每本书里都要有反面角色
Well, I can tell you who isn't.
起码我能猜到谁某人肯定是正面角色
Come on. Every girl needs to be knocked off her pedestal a little.
得了,每个女孩都希望疯狂一把
Can't handle that kind of pressure.
你的压力不小啊
I'll see you later.
回头见
You know that story I wrote that Louis killed?
你知道路易封杀的那一部分吗
It's in the book?
那个也写在书里了吗
Yeah, I figured. But if it's all the same to you,
应该没事,既然已经被你抹黑
I think I'd like to stay in the dark
滥交的形象已然深入人心
About just how nastily you've portrayed me.
再添一笔也无伤大雅
Yeah, that's a good idea.
说的不错
I mean, you know, we're just recently friends again.
我们最近才恢复邦交
Why ruin a good thing?
何必再徒增不快呢
Yeah, and, I'm sorry in advance,
先和你说一声抱歉
But I have a better offer than your party tonight.
我今晚有更重要的事情要做
Louis and I are telling our families our news.
路易和我要向家人宣布喜讯
Good luck.
祝你好运
You, too.
你也是
Your novel seems to be, very well-punctuated,
你的书,标点用的不错
And I liked the font.
我喜欢那种字体
Yeah. I'll,I'll be right over. Bye.
好的,我马上过去,再见
A book written about you guys. It sounds exciting.
一本关于你们的书,真令人激动
I hope he wasn't writing it when I went nutso last year.
希望他不是在我去年发疯时写的
Trust me, there was enough insanity around
相信我,你来之前,疯狂的行径
Before you even got here.
在这里比比皆是
So...
听说
You and Serena were talking about a girl named Ivy?
你和瑟琳娜在谈论一个叫艾薇的女孩
With that name.
一个名叫艾薇的人
Can I help?
我能帮上忙吗
Actually, yeah.
太好了
I was just hoping to find her and give her phone back.
我正打算找到她后把手机还给她
I think she was with one of Lily's society friends.
我猜她是和莉莉的一位朋友在一起
Maybe we could look through her phone contacts,
我们可以查她的手机联络人
Jog my memory?
也许我能想起来
I left it at the office, but yeah, I could do that.
我把手机忘在办公室了,但是个好办法
Do you happen to remember what she looks like?
你记得她长什么样子吗
Blonde...
金发美女
Boobs...
曲线迷人
Botox?
皮肤细致
That pretty much describes everyone at the event.
在场所有人基本都像你说的这样
If I saw her, I'd probably recognize her.
要是我看照片,说不定能认出她
What'd I miss?
有什么事吗
Nigel Kirstein called for you,
奈杰尔?柯斯坦给你打过电话
And we got an advance copy of this new book
我们刚拿到了纽约某个新人写的新书抢鲜版
By some anonymous New York insider,
署名无名氏
And everyone in town is trying to figure out who.
大家都在猜测到底是谁
Well, I know who. I used to date him.
我知道,是我前男友
Shut up.
我的天啊
No way. You're "Sabrina"?
不会吧,你就是书中的"塞布丽娜"
The dreamy blonde with the legs.
大家的梦中情人哦
I guess I am.
如假包换
Hi,this is
你好
Serena van der woodsen returning.
瑟琳娜?范德?伍德森给您回电
Yeah, I'll hold.
好,我不挂
Did you actually
你难道真的
Have cases of champagne delivered to your school?
让快递送过几箱香槟到学校去吗
Is that what he wrote?
他这么写的吗
No, a friend was pulling a prank on me.
不是,有个朋友恶作剧
But it happened?
言外之意,是真事儿呗
That was in high school.
都是高中的事了
Keep reading.
你继续读
You'll see I mature as he gets to know me better.
你会看到他后来了解到的真实的我
Hey. Oh, no, it's great to hear from you, too.
不,真高兴你来电
What?
什么
Daniel Day-Lewis
丹尼尔?戴?刘易斯
Responded to my letter about "The blue rose"?
回复了我那封关于"蓝色玫瑰"的信吗
Himself?
他亲自回复的吗
Yeah. No, of--of course.
是的,不,当然
Okay, thank you so much.
好的,非常感谢
What was that?
什么事
That was his manager.
是他的经纪人打来的
They--they wanna set up a conference call
他们想就这个项目开个
To talk about the project.
电话会议讨论一下
I have to tell Jane right now.
我要马上告诉珍这个好消息
Oh. Dylan Hunter said everything comes easy for you.
狄伦?亨特说什么事由你来做都更容易了
Keep reading. I told you.
早告诉过你,耐心读完好吗
I'm almost through.
我快读完了
So... I was thinking "Pierre" Maybe if it's a boy,
我想如果是男孩就叫他皮埃尔
Since it's a Grimaldi family name.
古梦迪家族爱用这个名字
Why not "Charles"?
为什么不叫查尔斯
It's a name that seems to have special significance to you.
这个名字对你有特别的意义
W-what?
什么
Louis, is something wrong?
路易,出了什么事
I know you were with Chuck.
我知道你是去见恰克了
Is that who you needed to tell our news to?
你就是要把我们的喜讯告诉他吗
No.
不是
It was Serena, and I didn't even get a chance to.
是瑟琳娜,但我没机会和她说话
Dan gathered us all together
丹把大家都聚集在一起
because he wrote some novel about everyone,
是因为他写了一本关于我们的书
and he wanted to make sure we knew about it first.
他想确保我们最先知道这件事
But the way he said he made you in that story...
但他说在那篇故事里,把你写得很不好
If there's an entire book, it could be terrible.
如果这是整本书,那应该更不堪入目
I would expect nothing less.
我也没期待他会写我什么好的
I was mean to him on the steps of the met.
我在大都会美术馆的阶梯上对他尖酸刻薄
I bad-mouthed him repeatedly to his dream girl.
我不断在他梦中情人的面前诋毁他
I tried to undermine him at "W."
我还试图在《W》杂志派对上暗算他
I-I'm sure he's brutal.
我确信他不会手下留情的
Look, he may be calling this a novel,
他也许称这本书为小说
but I know just how little imagination he really has.
但我很清楚他那点想象力
It's a memoir masquerading as fiction
这是一本冒充虚构小说的回忆录
like a reverse James Frey.
就像山寨版的詹姆斯?弗雷
So you're going to read it?
那你打算读吗
No. No.
不,不读
And--and you shouldn't either.
你也不要读
Look... That book has nothing to do with us
这本书和我们还有
and the family we're building.
我们将组建的家庭都毫无关系
Whatever's in there, even if it is the truth,
不管小说里写了什么,即使是真实的故事
it's in the past.
也都是历史了
Now if you'll excuse me,
我先失陪了
this baby of yours is making me so tired, I need to lie down.
你的孩子让我很疲倦了,我去躺一会儿
Still nothing?
还是找不到吗
The woman I met's not even in the background anywhere.
连我遇到的那女人的背影都没有
Maybe she's a ghost.
也许她是个鬼魂
Well, at an upper east side event,
在上东区活动中
we just call them first wives.
我们称她们为正室
Nate, can I see you for a minute?
内特,我们能聊一下吗
Uh... Yeah.
可以
Sure.
当然
I'm sorry.
对不起
You know, I-I can leave.
我还是走吧
It's fine. I only need a minute. I'm Diana, by the way.
没关系,只耽搁一下,对了,我叫戴安娜
So I gathered.
我猜到了
Charlie.
我叫查莉
Hey. Who is that and why is she in my office?
她是谁,为什么在我的办公室里
Charlie Rhodes, all right? Serena's cousin.
查莉?罗兹,瑟琳娜的堂妹
And she said she met a woman named Ivy
她说上周在时装秀上
at the fashion show last week.
遇到了一个名叫艾薇的女子
I don't care who she is.
我不管她是谁
We can't have strangers in here going through our photos.
我们的照片不能给陌生人看
You should know better.
你该心里有数的
Listen, she's trustworthy, I promise.
她很可靠,我向你保证
I don't care. Get rid of her.
我不管,让她走
I'm sorry. I...
抱歉,我
wasn't any more help.
也没帮上什么忙
If I remember anything more about her, I'll let you know.
如果我想起有关她的事情,再通知你
It was really nice to meet you. I've heard so much.
很高兴认识你,真是久仰大名
I'll see you.
再见
Bye.
再见
Thanks for letting me hang here, man.
谢谢你让我待在这里,伙计
I'm rather enjoying watching you squirm. Scotch?
我就是喜欢看你纠结,来杯苏格兰威士忌
It's, like, 2:00 P.M.
这才下午两点钟
Valium then?
那来片安定药
I'm guessing my dad is, uh, probably halfway through
我估计我爸爸应该看到一半了
and Nate's probably still on page 20.
内特也许只看了二十页
I wonder if they're gonna be upset with me.
不知道他们会不会生我的气
Alessandra said it isn't that scathing.
亚历山德拉说内容不是那么有损名誉
And I--and I--I am-I'm harshest on myself.
我是自寻烦恼
I hope they can see that. Come here, buddy.
希望他们也这么觉得,过来,伙计
Stop whining.
别唧唧歪歪了
You're not the first person
你不是第一个
to use the world around them for inspiration.
利用周围朋友寻找灵感的人
Didn't your dad get temporarily famous singing about Lily?
你爸不是唱了首关于莉莉的歌而红极一时吗
Yeah, but my book isn't a love song, you know?
是的,但我的书可没情歌那么美好
Why aren't you mad at me?
你怎么不生我的气
Your character dies... accidentally,
你那个角色死掉了,当然是意外
but it's not a-- it's not a happy ending.
但毕竟,不是幸福的结局
On the contrary-- although clearly fiction.
恰恰与现实相反,虽然明显是虚构的
I've never use a belt.
我是不会用皮带的
I'd use a shahtoosh scarf. Much softer.
我会用羚羊绒围巾,更柔软些
Well, let's hope everyone else shares your point of view.
真希望大家都能持你这种态度
All success comes at a price.
成功是要付出代价的
The artist must stand alone to observe the crowd, right?
孤独的艺术家才能真正审视大众
It's funny. Vanessa said the same thing.
有意思,瓦内萨说过同样的话
Hey, dad. W--
爸爸
Really?
真的吗
Great. You're coming. All right.
太好了,你会参加,好的
Uh, you know, I have another call, but--but, uh,
我得接另一通电话
but I'll see you tonight. Okay? All right.
今晚见,好吗
Hello?
你好
Seems like things are looking up for lonely boy.
似乎一切柳暗花明了,寂寞男孩
Thank you. Thank you so much.
谢谢,非常感谢
It means a lot that you're coming.
你能来对我意义重大
Let's hope they've actually read the book
希望他们真的读了这本书
and not judged it by its cover.
而不是仅凭封面就下了定论
How is it I can sleep for two hours
我怎么睡了两个小时
and still be so exhausted?
还是觉得很累
Louis, are you sitting here by yourself?
路易,你一直独坐在这里吗
I was just, uh, waiting for you to wake up
我在等你醒来
so I could tell you the bad news.
告诉你一个坏消息
My family is not going to make it.
我的家人来不了了
There is a terrible storm over the Atlantic
由于大西洋上的暴风雨
that has delayed their trip.
他们的航班延误了
I-I'll let my mom and Cyrus know.
我,那我去通知我母亲和塞勒斯
We can tell them tomorrow when Sophie and Beatrice arrive.
等明天索菲和碧儿翠思到了,我们再宣布喜讯
If they make it by then.
如果他们那时能来
Well... What do you want to do tonight instead?
那你今晚想另作安排吗
Shall I make a reservation for Gramercy Tavern?
要我在谢来喜酒馆预订个位置吗
I have some work to catch up on.
我还有些工作要做
Why don't you go to Dan's book party?
你去参加丹的新书推广会吧
I'm sure he'd love to see you.
我相信他会很高兴见到你
Okay.
好吧
Louis just lied to me about his family.
路易说家人不来,是在骗我
How you know?
你怎么知道
My outfit for tonight's announcement
为了今晚宣布喜讯
included a pair of crocodile Alaia's,
我准备穿阿拉亚的鳄鱼皮鞋
and you can't wear such a beautiful shoe
那双精致的鞋子,哪怕外面下一点点小雨
if there's even a hint of sprinkle outside.
我都是不会穿的
So of course I checked the weather.
所以我是查过天气预告的
Clear from Monaco to Manhattan.
从摩纳哥到曼哈顿一路都万里无云
Maybe have something to do with lonely boy book.
也许和寂寞男孩书里的内容有关
Louis was reading while you sleep.
你睡觉时,路易读了这本书
He did not look happy.
他看起来很不开心
I told him not to read it.
我告诉过他不要读
It's not like there's anything in it that he doesn't know about me.
书里所有关于我的事,他都已经知道了
Oh, my God.
天啊
I'm gonna kill Dan Humphrey.
我要宰了丹?汉弗瑞
Oh, God, the R.S.V.P.s are rolling in!
天啊,好多人确定要参加呢
The literary world is saying "yes" to you.
看来文学界很买你的帐
To "Anonymous."
是对那个"无名氏"感兴趣吧
Let's hope they're still interested
但愿他们发现真相之后
when they find out he's me.
还会对我感兴趣
They will be.
一定会的
That and dying to know
他们非常想知道
who you based the characters on.
书中各角色的原型是谁
We'll want to get a photo of
今天晚上,我们要拍一张
you with all your friends tonight.
你和朋友们的合影
That way, people can play the guessing game of who's who.
这样人们就可以尽情想象谁是谁啦
You know, I don't--I don't know.
我不知道
I'm not sure that they're gonna want to...
我不知道,他们愿不愿意
To be the lead photo on "New York Social Diary"?
上《纽约社会日记》的头条《纽约社会日记》: 社交派对图片网站
They wouldn't all be coming if they didn't want to support you.
如果他们支持你,他们就一定会来
Well, not everyone's coming. Blair's not.
有人不来,比如布莱尔
Yes, she is.
谁说的
She just R.S.V.P.'d. It's right here.
她刚回复说要参加,你看
Blair Waldorf, no plus-one.
布莱尔?霍道夫,一人
Really? 'cause she told me herself that she--
不会吧,她亲口告诉我,她...
So, my ex in Scott Rudin's office called.
我前女友在斯科特?鲁丁办公室工作
Apparently, everyone is talking about
她刚才打电话过来,说大家都在讨论
the book that your friend wrote and your character in it.
你朋友的那本书,还有你在其中的角色
Oh, I told him that you're Sabrina.
我告诉他,你是塞布丽娜
I hope that's not a problem.
没关系吧
No, not at all.
没事
It's nice to play such a big part in Dan's book.
能让丹花不少笔墨在我身上,挺好的
We've always been so close.
我们一直走得很近
He must've been a saint to put with you that long.
能忍你那么久,他这人一定很不错
Remind me never to
记得提醒我
start a juice fast the day we talk
和丹尼尔?戴?刘易斯见面那天(丹尼尔?戴?刘易斯,着名英国男演员,曾获奥斯卡奖)
to Daniel Day-Lewis.
千万不要,果蔬汁断食
Uh, your pineapple mint's on the desk.
你的菠萝薄荷水在桌子上
Better. Let's seal this deal.
很好,这事应该搞定了
Jane Bettinger's office.
简?贝廷格办公室
Serena?
瑟琳娜吗
Yeah. Hi, Nigel. It's me.
是,奈杰尔,是我
I'm putting you on speaker with Jane now.
我把电话转成免提,让简和你通话
Daniel's manager.
丹尼尔的经纪人
We're going to need to postpone the meeting.
我们得推迟见面安排
Sorry for the short notice.
很抱歉,临时通知你们
Uh, hold on a minute. I need to hop on another call.
稍等,我得接另外一个电话
I wonder if this has anything to do
这不会跟你在书中的角色
with you being in that book.
有关系吧
D.D.L. is notoriously anti-anything sceney.
丹尼尔非常讨厌不良少女,大家都知道
What are you talking about?
你胡扯什么呢
Oh, well, there's this novel going around town
那本书现在非常火
with a character based on Serena.
大家都知道,塞布丽娜的原型是瑟琳娜
"Sabrina" is a totally shallow,
塞布里娜在书里是个不学无术
self-obsessed party girl.
以自我为中心的派对女王
Yes, uh, I finished it.
我看完了
Aren't you being a little reductive?
你不觉得你有点夸大其辞吗
And ridiculous.
简直可笑
Daniel lives on a farm in Ireland.
丹尼尔现在还在爱尔兰的农场呢
His cow's probably giving birth right now,
很有可能是,他的牛要生了
and everything isn't about Serena.
不关瑟琳娜的事
Sorry about that. I'm afraid right now
很抱歉,丹尼尔近期
is not a a good time for Daniel to be looking
恐怕不太方便
at this particular project.
看你们的电影剧本
Wait. I'm--I'm sorry. You're--you're passing?
不好意思打断下,你们不再考虑下
Sorry, Sabrina.
抱歉,塞布丽娜
Movie business. It's all about timing. Cheers.
拍电影是要看时机的,干杯
Did he just say "Sabrina"?
他刚才叫你塞布丽娜
Did you spend extra time doing your hair tonight, Nathaniel?
今晚去做头发了,内特尼尔
I don't mind that Dan made me gay.
我才不介意,丹把我写成同志呢
I know. I was actually a little offended he didn't make me gay.
晓得,他没这么写我,我倒有点生气
Personally, I thought you'd be more annoyed
个人认为,他把你和艾瑞克合二为一
at being conflated with Eric.
应该会让你十分恼火
You didn't read it, did you?
你还没看吧
What do you mean by conflated?
什么叫合二为一
Your character is two years younger than everyone else
在书里,你比大家都小两岁
and is best friends with the narrator's little sister Frankie.
和作者的小妹妹弗兰基是好朋友
In fact, the only thing I think you share
事实上,书中唯一有你影子的地方就是
is lacrosse and a good political pedigree.
书中的你也喜欢曲棍球,家里背景同样显赫
What's my character's name again?
我在书里叫什么名字
Derek.
德里克
What took you so long?
你怎么现在才来
I got your text, and I came right over. What's wrong?
我收到短信就赶过来了,怎么了
I can't believe you told everyone.
真不敢相信,你居然公开了
It was supposed to be our secret.
我们说好,要保守的秘密
You're the one who wanted it kept secret, not me.
想保密的人是你,不是我
I have a life... future... plans,
我有我的生活,未来,还有计划
and... you can't just screw this up.
你不能毁了这一切
I didn't mean to.
我没想毁了啊
You have to understand.
你给我记着
There is nothing between us--
我们俩之间什么都没有
not then, not now.
现在也好,将来也好
Nothing.
一清二白
I don't believe you.
我才不信你呢
Do you believe me now?
现在相信了吧
Can we dair believe?
大家能相信吗
Queen B. and lonely boy doing the deed?
B女王和寂寞男孩在一起了
Even I have to admit it's a novel idea.
就连我也认为,顶多是小说里的情节
Dan! What are you doing here?
丹,你来这干吗
I'm supposed to be here. It's my party, isn't it?
我当然要来,这是我的新书推广会
Yes, but when it's your party, you arrive late,
是,但主角往往要晚点来
and the later the better,
越晚越好
especially because we want a big frenzy around the reveal
我们想让大家大吃一惊
that you are "Anonymous."
原来你就是那个"无名氏"
I need to put you somewhere no one will see you.
你得躲起来,不能让别人看到你
So I'm supposed to just hide in here?
你让我躲在这里
Yeah, you can sign books while you wait.
你可以先在书上签名
And do not come out until I tell you.
我叫你,你再出来
Okay.
好吧
I'm sorry.
对不起
Oh. No, no, it was me. I wasn't looking.
是我不好,没看路
I'm on my way to an event.
我有点事要出去
Is it drinks with me?
是跟我去喝酒吗
I wish I could say it was, but it's a family thing.
我也想,但家里有点事
Come on. What sounds more fun?
好啦,想想看,哪样更有意思呢
Your family...
是回家
or a dirty Martini with a stranger?
还是和陌生人喝杯马丁尼
Well, a Martini or two could be nice.
几杯小酒,听着不错
Flighty? Irresponsible? I'm gonna kill him.
轻浮,不负责任,他怎么不去死
I'm sorry.
对不起
Yes, you are.
没长眼啊
Oh, I am so sorry Nate couldn't come.
内特来不了了,抱歉
Not as sorry as Dan's going to be.
跟丹要道歉相比,这简直是小巫见大巫
Wonder where he is.
他人在哪
Hi. I'm Alessandra, Dan's agent.
你好,我是亚历山德拉,丹的经纪人
You must be his dad.
您是他父亲吧
It is a pleasure to meet you,
很高兴见到你们
Mr. Humphrey, and you, Mrs. Humphrey.
汉弗瑞先生,汉弗瑞太太
Oh, you can call me Lily.
叫我莉莉就好
And this is Sloane Cosley, the best-selling author
这位是斯隆?克罗斯利,畅销书作家斯隆?克罗斯利《美国最佳旅行着作》的编辑
of "I was told there'd be cake."
她的作品是《听说会有蛋糕》
Which I am still in search of,
我还在继续寻找中
so if you'll excuse me.
所以我得失陪了
Oh, it's so nice to meet you.
很高兴认识你
Where is the man of the hour?
那位风云人物哪去了
He's early to everything.
他可是每次都会早到的
I'm hiding him. He'll be out soon.
我把他藏起来了,他一会儿就出来
And you must be Mr. Charlie Trout.
您一定是查理?特鲁先生了
I have been dying to meet you.
我一直都很想认识您
Care to join me for a drink?
想不想和我喝一杯
You know, I just saw Graydon.
对了,我刚看见格雷顿了
Maybe we should go say hello.
我们去和他打个招呼吧
Nice meeting you.
我们先失陪了
I was nervous you wouldn't show up,
我还担心你不会来呢
considering your portrayal in the book.
考虑到你在书里的形象
Why would I be upset?
为什么我要担心呢
I don't know. Your character's story is so tragic,
我不知道,你的角色有个悲剧的故事
even before he dies.
到他临死前都是
And the way it happens-- all I could think was
至于它是怎么发生的,我只是在想
how long you must have been hanging there
在他们找到你之前
before anybody found you.
你到底在那里呆了多久
I have plenty of staff.
我有很多员工
They would have found me immediately.
他们很快就能找到我
Staff? Not friends or family?
员工,不是朋友或者家人吗
Makes it even worse.
听上去更悲剧了
Hello?
你好
Hi. I'm looking for an Ivy Dickens.
你好,我找艾薇?迪肯斯
Yeah. This is sh--
是,是她--
She? I figured as much.
她吗,我认为也是这样
Don't bother lying
你不用费心思撒谎了
or hanging up.
也不用挂电话
We met this morning when you were
今天早上当你还是查莉?罗兹的时候
Charlie Rhodes. Remember me now?
我们见过面,想起我了吗
Hey, do you know where Dan is?
你知道丹在哪儿吗
Can you believe what he wrote about me?
你能相信他是怎么写我的吗
Which part? Sabrina is glamorous, sexy, beautiful.
哪一部分,塞布丽娜迷人,性感又美丽
Selfish, insensitive, shallow.
自私,麻木,肤浅
Let me tell you, from experience,
你听我说,据我的经验
everyone loves a villain.
每个人都喜欢反派角色
Yeah, I told Blair the same thing,
是啊,我也是这么对布莱尔说的
but then I realize if that's true,
但我后来明白如果真是这样
why are you always alone?
你又为什么总是一个人
Not one word. Have you seen Dan?
什么都别说,你看见丹了没有
No. Have you?
没有,你呢
Did you see what he wrote about me?
你看到他是怎么写我的吗
No, I didn't have time to read all of it,
还没,我没时间全部看完
just the parts about me.
我只看了写我的那部分
Me, too.
我也一样
Check the study.
去书房看看他在不在
Nate, hey, are you here?
内特,你来了吗
My agent has me locked in the study.
我的代理人把我锁在书房里了
Please tell me the party's good.
派对还不错吧
I decided not to come.
我决定不去了
What? Why? Is everything okay?
什么,为什么,你还好吗
No, dude. It's--it's not.
不,老兄,不好
What? I thought you...
怎么了,我以为你
Derek? Really?
德里克,有没有搞错
I mean, I can't believe I'm not even important enough
我不敢相信我居然这么不重要
to merit my own character.
都不配拥有一个我自己的角色
I'm one of your best friends, Dan.
我可是你最好的朋友,丹
At least I thought I was.
至少我以为我是
No, every writer condenses people
不是的,每个作家都会缩减作品人物
for better dramatic effect.
为了达到更好的戏剧效果
Hemingway did it. Uh, Joseph Mitchell did it.
海明威这么做过,约瑟夫?米切尔也是
It's, you know--
这是,怎么说呢
You have a lot of explaining to do, Humphrey!
你给我解释清楚,汉弗瑞
I am so sorry I wasn't able to stop by.
很抱歉我刚才没去找你
Nate, I gotta call you back
内特,我等会儿再打给你
'cause Blair and Serena are here.
布莱尔和瑟琳娜来了
Oh, right, because they're more important,
对啊,她们比我重要多了
which is why they got their own characters.
所以她们能有自己的角色
No, wait.
不是,别挂
Nate is...
内特他...
Furious? Yeah, because I am.
狂怒中,对,我也一样
And I'm more furious, if that's even possible.
我更生气,气到不能再气了
I could lose my job over this.
我可能会因此丢了工作
I could lose my fiance!
我可能会丢了我的未婚夫
Wait. What? I didn't read your parts.
等等,你说什么,我没读关于你的那段
He wrote that we had sex!
他写我和他上过床了
You slept with Dan?
你和丹睡过了吗
No, you really think I would do that?
没有,你真觉得我会那么做吗
It's not what you think.
不是你想的那样
Is this true?
是真的吗
Of course it's true. This is why you had me kill your story
当然是真的,怪不得你要我封杀你的书
and why you asked me not to read it.
还告诉我不要读这本书
I came here because I thought my suspicions ridiculous.
我来这是因为我觉得我的多疑很荒谬
Turns out the only thing ridiculous is me.
结果发现唯一荒谬的是我自己
I should have known.
我早该想到的
Dan, your father and stepmother...
丹,你的父亲和继母...
Oh, great. You're all here. Hi!
太好了,你们都在,嗨
Perfect opportunity for... a photo!
拍照片的最佳时机
Everyone in?
大家都进来吧
Looks like the best piece of fiction is that people...
看来最精彩的虚构部分
Smile.
笑一笑
are actually happy for Dan Humphrey.
是人们真心为丹?汉弗瑞高兴
"Inside."
《局外人》
Is this what you've been trying to tell me all day?
这就是你今天一直想告诉我的事情吗
No, because it never happened.
不是,因为它从来没有发生过
It never happened.
根本没有这事
I don't believe a word you say.
你说的话我一个字都不信
You said yourself that Dan has no imagination.
是你自己说的,丹不会凭想象写作
Okay, uh, thanks, but, Louis, it didn't happen.
谢谢,可是路易,真的没发生过
I would never lie to you. You know that.
我永远都不会骗你,你知道的
I never know with you... Um...
我永远都无法了解你
And that's the problem.
这才是问题所在
We're gonna go check on the guests. Come on, Rufus.
我们去看看谁在这,来吧,鲁弗斯
I have no reason to stay here any longer.
我没理由再呆在这里了
You had better hope I can stop your fantasy life
你最好祈祷我可以拯救自己的人生
from destroying my real one.
不被你的幻象人生所毁了
Blair, I never wanted us to come between you two.
布莱尔,我从没想过用我们的事来拆散你们
When are you gonna get it through your head?
你什么时候才能弄明白啊
There's no "Us." There never was!
没有"我们"从来都没有
There's nothing here but friendship,
除了友情什么都没有
and even that's gone now.
现在连友情都没了
Please tell me it is time for my entrance.
快告诉我现在该我进场了
Not yet, but you'll be fine here with your friend.
还没,你和你朋友在这里不是挺好的
How did you know?
你怎么知道的
Just a hunch. But then I did my research.
直觉,不过我也做了些调查
Quite a web you've spun.
你编了一个多大的谎啊
But what I can't quite figure out is why.
不过我有些不明白你为什么这么做
Maybe the people you've been lying to could explain it to me.
也许那些被你蒙在鼓里的人能解释
I didn't ask for any of it.
我其实也不想这样
Serena's aunt, Carol Rhodes, paid me
瑟琳娜的姨妈,卡萝?瑞德
to impersonate her daughter Charlie
为了能得到她的信托基金
So she could access her trust fund.
雇我假冒她的女儿,查莉
It worked.
她得到了
And I took the money and went back to my real life,
然后我拿了钱,回到了属于自己的生活
Only Serena found me and dragged me back here.
可我遇见了瑟琳娜,她又将我拉回来
Now I'm trapped.
我现在进退两难
So now you can't get out.
所以现在你也无法抽身而去
Or maybe you don't want to.
或者你根本不想离开
That dress suits you, as does living in a penthouse, I'm sure.
这裙子蛮适合你,像个富家女的样子
I'm not... in it for the money.
我不是为了钱而来
Maybe I was before, but now for the first time in my life,
之前也许是的,但这一次
I feel like I actually belong somewhere.
我感觉我是属于这里的
But you don't.
但你并不属于这里
And when these people realize you're not one of them,
当这些人发现你不是他们当中一员
They're gonna destroy you.
他们会让你死得很惨
Please don't tell them.
请别告诉他们
I won't.
我不会的
I'm gonna protect you, if you let me.
如果你愿意,我会保护你
What do you want?
你想得到什么
You're making a big mistake.
你犯了个大错
In thinking that Blair could be trusted, yes.
你是指相信布莱尔吗,是的
She will always have her secrets.
她总是藏着秘密
She can't exist without them.
没有秘密就没有她
You were right, after all.
总之,你是对的
You should never listen to me.
你不该听我说的那些
If you read Dan's book, you know how I turn out.
你要是读了丹的书,就知道我是什么结局
You have a chance
你有机会
at having love in your life,
拥有一生的爱
not ending up alone...
不会孤独终老
Hanging in a closet.
吊死在橱柜中
Don't give up on your own fact
相信自己真实的感受
over someone else's fiction.
别管他人怎么胡编乱造
I'm sorry you're hurt.
不好意思让你受伤了
No, not hurt. Mystified.
我没有受伤,只是纳闷
In high school, you were the only one
高中的时候,只有你让我意识到了
who saw me for who I really was or who I wanted to be.
真正的自己,意识到自己未来想做什么
You helped me be somebody that I was more proud of.
是你让我变得更加自信
I didn't know.
我不知道这些
Do you even remember the girl that you fell in love with?
你还记得你爱上的那个女孩吗
Or just that she got so drunk on Thanksgiving
一个在感恩节喝得酩酊大醉
that she got grazed by a taxi
而被出租车擦伤的女孩
Or that she got married in Barcelona
一个在巴萨罗那结过婚的女孩
Or slept with not one but two of her professors?
还和她的两个教授都睡过觉的女孩
I hate to break it to you, but those things... Happened.
我不想曝光你的私事,但这些,就这么发生了
It's not the things.
曝光些什么不重要
It's how you wrote about them.
重要的是你怎么写这些事的
That's the point. Dylan Hunter is a judgmental dick
你说对了,狄伦?亨特是个自以为是的混蛋
Who can't even look at himself in the mirror.
不撒泡尿照照自己是谁
My character comes off the worst of all of them.
我书中的主角是最悲哀的角色
He--he puts off his writing. He misses job interviews.
他放弃写作,错过面试机会
He ignores his grades. Why?
不在乎他的学业,为什么
Because he cares more for a pretty blonde
因为比起他的未来
than he does his own future, and in the end,
他更在乎一个漂亮的女孩
none of his friends are happy for his success.
然而最后没有一个朋友为他的成功而高兴
They all turn their backs on him, and he deserves it!
他们都离他而去,他活该
Yeah. He does.
是的,他活该
I need to find Blair. I gotta make sure she's okay.
我要去找布莱尔,确保她没事
No, we're not done here.
不行,我们俩还没说完呢
I just messed up her engagement.
我坏了她的婚约
I could ruin her life.
这将毁了她的生活
Yeah, and what about mine?
是啊,那我呢
If you can't tell the difference between what I did to Blair
如果你看不出我伤害布莱尔
and what I did to you,
比伤你要深
Then maybe your portrayal in the book
那书中对你的描写
is more accurate than you thought.
就再贴切不过了
That sounds exactly like something
这确实像狄伦?亨特
Dylan Hunter would say.
嘴里说出的话
It's time. You ready for your big moment?
时间到了,准备好了吗
Absolutely.
当然
Everyone? Everyone.
各位,各位
Hi. I-I know you're not all here to hear me speak
我知道大家来这儿不是听我讲话的
but to finally find out who is "Anonymous."
是想知道究竟谁是"无名氏"
It is with great pleasure
我感到非常荣幸
that I introduce you to the amazingly special
向大家介绍这位特别的
and very talented author of "Inside"...
极富天赋的,《局外人》的作者
Dan Humphrey.
丹?汉弗瑞
Looks like Dan Humphrey's on the fast track
貌似丹?汉弗瑞一秒钟由寂寞男孩
from lonely boy to only boy.
变身为焦点男孩
Louis didn't return my calls all night.
路易一个晚上都没有回我电话
I don't know if he'll ever speak to me again.
我不知道他还会不会理我
Is that what you were trying to tell me yesterday?
这就是你昨天想要告诉我的事吗
Have you two been having trouble?
你俩之间出现了问题
No.
不是
Quite the contrary, in fact.
事实上恰好相反
I wish I was telling you this at a better time, but...
我希望不是在这个时候告诉你,但是
I'm pregnant.
我怀孕了
What?
什么
Oh, my gosh!
天呐
Blair, that's amazing!
布莱尔,太棒了
Wait. That's... That's good news, right?
等等,这是好消息,对吧
Well, I was happy. So happy.
我本来是高兴的,非常高兴
But now what if I'm in this alone?
要是现在只剩我一个人面对怎么办
No, you're not alone. Never.
不,你不会一个人面对的,永远不会
I know I may have been busy since I got back,
我知道我回来之后一直很忙
but that doesn't mean I'm not here for you.
但并不代表我不在你身边
I can always count on you.
我总是可以依赖你
I just wish Louis felt the same about me.
我希望路易也能让我依赖
I do.
我可以
I'm gonna get ready for work.
我要去上班了
I love you.
我爱你
Let me know if you need me.
需要我就给我打电话
Louis...
路易...
Don't. I'm ashamed enough at my behavior.
无需多言,我对我的所作所为已经够内疚了
I know you have a complicated past,
我知道你的过去很复杂
but you've been honest about it.
但你能够坦然面对
It's hard for me.
这对我来说很难
I want to believe, but every time I turn,
我想去相信你,但每当我相信了这一次
there seems to be another secret.
又有更多的秘密等着我
That night at Constance, you gave me a choice.
在康斯坦斯的那晚,你给我了一次机会
And now I'm giving you one.
现在我也给你一次
Either you find a way to trust me, or you let me go.
无论你相信我还是让我离开
I could never let you go.
我永远都不会放开你的手
Thanks for seeing me.
谢谢你抽空见我
Of course, Charles. I'm so happy you called.
客气什么,查尔斯,我很高兴
It's been a long time.
我们也好久没见了
Rufus isn't here if you need to talk.
鲁弗斯不在家,你要谈什么都很方便
Seems like I'm always off on my own.
我好像总是孤身一人的那一个
I thought you liked it that way.
我一直以为你喜欢那样的你
I don't want to be the unrepentant bad boy
我不想做那个顽固不化的坏小子
who no one cares lives or dies.
是生是死都没有人在乎
It's just a book, Charles.
这只是本小说,查尔斯
What if it isn't?
如果不是呢
There are people that care so deeply for you
只要你愿意敞开怀抱
if you would just let them.
有很多人都非常关心你
Blair is lost to me.
我已经失去布莱尔了
I know.
我知道
I'm sorry.
我很遗憾
Hey, how was the party?
新书推广会怎么样
Oh, I didn't go.
我没去
Dan Humphrey wasn't exactly the friend I thought he was.
丹?汉弗瑞并不是我以为的那种朋友
Mm. I'm sorry to hear it.
我很遗憾
I know how important loyalty is to you.
我知道忠诚对你来说有多重要
But I think I have something that might cheer you up.
但是我想我有件事能让你开心点
I wanna introduce you to your new colleague.
我想把你介绍给你的新同事
What are you doing here?
你怎么在这儿
I... needed a new job,
我...要找份新工作
So thank you for introducing me to Diana.
谢谢你把我介绍给戴安娜
Why do I get the feeling that there's more to this story?
为什么我觉得事情没那么简单呢
Oh, a lady never tells.
女士们当然不会简单
It's always better to stay mysterious.
保持神秘总是好的
Why don't you show her around?
你不妨带她看看这儿
Sure. Yeah. Welcome aboard.
好的,欢迎加入
Thank you.
谢谢
Come on in.
进来看看
Hey, dad.
爸爸
Your reviews?
都是关于你的报道吗
I guess you have a lot of reading to do today.
你今天有很多东西要读吧
I don't--I don't want you to get too excited,
我不想让你太兴奋
but "The New York Post" called your son
但是《纽约邮报》说你儿子我
the "potential voice of his generation."
"代表了年青一代的潜在呼声"
And--and "The New York Times" called the book--where is it?
《纽约时报》称我的书是...在哪儿呢
Uh, yeah, "A searing portrayal of manhattan's elite
有了, "以一颗悲悯之心
with just the right portion of pathos."
对曼哈顿精英生活的真实写照"
I-I had to double-check it to make sure
我看了几遍来确定
they didn't say "pathetic," Which is what, eh,
他们用的不是"可怜的"这个词
all my friends think I am.
就像我朋友们都认为我很可怜
Is everything okay?
有什么问题吗
Well, last night was your big night.
昨晚对你来说意义非凡
I didn't want to ruin it for you, but...
我不想毁了它
Well, it kinda went there on its own.
其实昨晚只是顺其自然
What--what's going on? Did you not like the book?
怎么了,你不喜欢这本书吗
No, of course I did. You're a beautiful writer.
不,我当然喜欢,你是个很棒的作家
Just...
只是
broke--broke my heart.
让我有点心碎
Wait. Dad...
等一下,爸
I gave up my career to raise you,
为了你们,我放弃了我的事业
And I never regretted it, not once...
我从未后悔过,从来没有
until yesterday when I read what you really think about me.
直到昨天,看到你书里写了对我真正的看法
Has-been turned trophy husband who married for money.
我已然成为为钱结婚的,吃软饭的老公
No, that is not--that's not what I think of you.
不是,这并不是我对你的看法
You more than anybody should understand artistic license.
你应该比谁都了解这只是写作的艺术手法
I never expected to be your hero, but...
我从没想过能成为你心中的英雄,但是
I just didn't think I'd end up the fool.
我也没料到最后我成为了个傻子
In literature, there are thousands of endings--
在文学作品中,结局可以有千千万万种
some happy, some sad.
有的皆大欢喜,有的悲剧收场
Some end with a twist.
还有一些,在结局处逆转
I want this book.
我想要这本书
Well... Here it is.
那,拿去吧
I want the movie rights to this book,
我想要这本书的电影版权
and since you're good friends with the author,
鉴于你是作者的好朋友
that shouldn't be a problem, right?
这应该不成问题吧
We're not exactly on good terms right now.
我们俩现下关系可不怎么好
Look, your reputation reflects directly on me,
听着,你的名声会直接影响到我
and frankly, this book leaves yours in tatters.
实话告诉你,这本书已经让你声名狼藉
So prove to me I made the right choice hiring you.
所以你得向我证明当初雇你的选择是对的
I want this book,
我想要要这本书的电影版权
and you're going to get it for me.
你得帮我弄到
So whatever you did to Dan Humphrey,
所以不管你对丹?汉弗瑞做了什么
undo it, okay?
自己搞定,行吗
You have a week.
给你一个星期的时间
Yeah, but I don't know why it says contact here...
我不知道为什么上面说要点击这里...
Some stories open the door for something more.
有些故事里开启一扇门是为了得到更多
And then there are fairy tale endings
还有些故事里,女主角找到了她的王子
where the girl gets her prince.
上演童话般的结局
And endings that turn you introspective
也有的故事能让你反省自己的人生
about your own life and your place in the world.
思考自己存在的价值
Hello?
喂,你好
How's my star?
我的大明星感觉怎样
Have you been reading the reviews?
看了那些报道了吗
Yeah, a few.
看了一些
Well, I have great news.
我有好消息告诉你
The book is now number 4 on Amazon,
你的书现在在亚马逊上排第四
and your reading today
今天你的书
at the Union Square Barnes and Noble
在联合广场的邦诺书店
is filling up fast.
也快速上架了
Great. That--that's great.
很好,那很好
And then there's the ending
还有些故事的结局
that you saw coming a mile away
你虽早已料到
and yet somehow still takes you by surprise.
却还是令你大吃一惊
So I'll see you there at 6:00. And I know. I don't have
那咱们六点见,我知道
to tell you to be on time 'cause you'll be early.
我不需要让你守时,因为你总会提前到
Oh, how many tickets do you want me to put on hold
你需要我给你的家人和朋友
for your friends and family?
留多少张票
None. It will just be me.
不需要,只有我一个人去
But don't worry, my upper east side friends.
不用担心,我亲爱的上东区朋友们
This story isn't ending.
我们的故事并没有结束
We're just at the start of a brand-new chapter.
它只是要开启一个全新的章节
X.O.X.O. Gossip girl.
X.O.X.O. 八卦天后

重点单词   查看全部解释    
irresponsible [.iri'spɔnsəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 不负责任的,不可靠的,没有承担能力的

 
trophy ['trəufi]

想一想再看

n. 奖品,战利品

联想记忆
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆
morals

想一想再看

n. 道德

 
observe [əb'zə:v]

想一想再看

v. 观察,遵守,注意到
v. 评论,庆

联想记忆
announcement [ə'naunsmənt]

想一想再看

n. 通知,发表,宣布

联想记忆
shave [ʃeiv]

想一想再看

n. 修面,刮胡子
vt. 修面,剃,擦过,消

 
undermine [.ʌndə'main]

想一想再看

vt. 暗中损害,逐渐削弱,在(某物)下挖洞或挖通道,从

联想记忆
hunch [hʌntʃ]

想一想再看

n. 肉峰,预感,块 v. 弯腰驼背,弓起背部,耸肩

 
pressure ['preʃə]

想一想再看

n. 压力,压强,压迫
v. 施压

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。